Summertime Hotel Apartments

Sidari, Canal d'Amour, Sidari 490 81 Greece

Good

It's cheap for a reason

Reviewed Wed 11th of November 2015

"If you are tempted with Summertime Village I IMPLORE YOU TO RECONSIDER! However, if your ideal trip away includes bed bugs, mice by the pool, waiters and bar men that spike your drinks and force themselves on young girls in the toilets, your belongings being stolen, living off inedible food such as cold chips and hard cabbage, an all-inclusive bar with a mind-boggling choice of 5 alcoholic drinks all watered down to ridiculous amounts, a bathroom that floods every time you use the shower, a freezing cold swimming pool, rude staff and more wasps and mosquito than you could imagine then look no further than Summertime Village. If after this review and the many others you have read you are still tempted, I strongly advise you do not go on your own and if you are a single girl wear a wedding ring and watch them when they pour your drinks. I still miss my fake husband, best man I’ve ever had :) "

• Travel date: Fri 6th of November 2015

summertime village apartments sadri

Reviewed Mon 10th of August 2015

"What a fantastic holiday we had lovely place stayed in room 66 very clean and good air con lovely apartment. the people that run the hotel were excellent and are very friendly food was lovely yes there was salad but what do you expect it is Greece. lovely shops near by not expensive and only 10 minutes to walk to the main town. beach 5 minutes away. a really good travel place where you could book for places. we went to Corfu town and the blue lagoon fantastic. This hotel I would go back to if I ever come to Greece again because of how welcome you are made to feel. loved the cute little puppy . the pool was lovely and clean and everywhere was spotless I really don't understand what people complain about if they expect a 5 star go to a five star hotel this one is fantastic. yes not a lot of entertainment but people go out to the nearby bars that are fantastic. fantastic Greek night on a Wednesday at the hotel . a holiday id what you make it"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of August 2015

Very good value

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2015

"First up, if you travel from the airport by shuttle you will most likely be last dropped off in Sidari, over two hours travel for us early May, plus one hour and fifteen minutes hold up at the airport before set off. As a result we missed lunch, having booked AI for our short 4 day break (complaint ongoing). The hotel stay was an absolute bargain, one hundred pounds all inc for four days, for two people! Staff brilliant and meals at the most good value. Sometimes a little warm, as food heaters not up to scratch, but with little time on my plate i didn't really notice much! Come on you whiners what do you expect! They were always varied and something for all tastes. All Inc drinks were limited, but for the price payed it was good. Help your self service by the pool, utter bliss with continuous beer that made it for people like me who likes their lager.Entertainment wise we ventured Into main Sidariafter 11pm, a ten minute walk. It was early season and not everywhere was open. Palazzo Bar a good one and One for the road bar also, but for a very young at heart middle aged couple and still clubbing it,this was fine. Wasps by pool, must of been on holiday! Enjoy for goodness sake, a bargain!

• Travel date: Sat 6th of June 2015

Great Holiday

Good
Reviewed Thu 26th of September 2013

"I travelled to Summertime Apartments between 15th July and 29th July this year with my 3 children aged 17, 14 and 11, my wife, my disabled brother-in-law and elderly mother-in-law. We arrived at 1040 pm and were shown to our rooms, which were in E Block and C Block. These rooms were spacious and clean.

Unfortunately for me, I managed to fall down the marble steps on the way to the bar (don't run!!). Fortunately for me, the boss of the complex was there and managed to get me sorted with ice, sympathy and a drink. As it was late, and we wanted to eat and look around, we ventured out onto the high street and found a great restaurant a few doors down called the Napoli. They fed us great pizza and sympathized with me about my misfortune.

The next day we went down to breakfast where we found a mixture of continental and full English, coupled with orange juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The cereal was a bit stale but was replaced when it was brought to the attention of the staff. We mixed the breafasts up a bit and although the Greek bacon is not the same as ours it was still tasty and appetizing. The Greek yoghurt and honey was amazing and you cannot replicate it at the supermarkets here. The staff in the restaurant were very good, particularly Iyota and Christos, and plates and tables were cleared as people finished.

We then thought of going to the pool area but did not think we would get a sun bed. Imagine our surprise when there were ample sun beds to go around at 10.00 am. We opted for a group of 6 sun beds at the far end of the pool. There was no entertainment around the pool, apart from pool, table tennis and music, but we made our own. My kids love the water and we hardly saw our 11 year old on pool days. The music was good some days and mediocre on others. It depended on which staff were on. Street vendors sometimes came like buses, but don't dismiss them out of hand as there are bargains to be had if you engage them in conversation and haggle.

Lunchtime was a particularly pleasant experience, with an abundance of Greek salad,, pasta dishes, potatoes, chips and lots of meat choices, all cooked to perfection by the staff beavering away in the kitchens, in 35 degrees heat. They deserve a special mention , as the unsung heroes of the holiday. They fuelled a family of 7 on trips, cruises and festivals around Corfu. I had a different meal every day simply by mixing the dishes up and being willing to try something new. If burger and chips are your poison then don't go to Greece, full stop. The sweets are quite samey. I only had yoghurt and ice cream all holiday(bliss).

We decided to go to the beach in Canal d' Amour in the afternoon, but all the sun beds were taken. We were advised that if you want a large quantity of beds you had to arrive before 10.30 am. We did this and were duly rewarded with a bed for everyone. The beaches at Canal d'Amour are small, idyllic and at the one almost opposite Summertime there is an island you can swim out to which is made of clay. This one adventure made the holiday for my kids and me.

We also went to the beach on the main Sidari Strip, which charged approx. 25 Euros for 6 sun beds and two parasols. It had plenty to do and there were lots of water sports, which were quite expensive at E20, but they have special discounts on certain days of up to 50%. We took advantage of these and had a couple of goes on the Ringo for E10 each(result).

Evening meals at the complex consisted of similar things to lunchtime, but more of them, and again the kitchen staff excelled themselves by making the meat fall of the bone, especially the lamb. If anyone complains about the food quality then they are bereft of any taste buds and should not be in the country.

Mealtimes and pool time were accompanied by drinks from the self-service bar, situated in between the pool and the restaurant. There was water, cold water, beer, soft drinks, brandy, vodka and ouzo available from 10.00 am to 9.30 p.m. Snacks were also available. I was a little dubious about serve yourself but it seemed to work ok. The plastic beer glasses were bigger than the spirit glasses. Plastic is used so that there are no injuries around the pool. My only complaint would be that holiday makers would see the beer/pop run out but not bring it to the attention of the staff, thereby causing a delay for everyone.

When the self service bar closed at 9.30 pm the service then relocated to the Albatross bar at the front of the complex. This was staffed by a mixture of the waiting-on staff and a guy called Costas who did the Disco and the sporadic karaoke.There is a Greek Night once a week, which is great if you are willing to join in. The dancers are great and try to get everyone involved. I did a fire dance and a very interesting belly dance with my wife(try it!!). This bar closed at 11.00 pm when people could get in extra drinks if required. We chose to go out into the community at these times and meet the locals.

Apart from the Napoli restaurant we met a Greek artist, called Nykos, with a shop opposite the restaurant who painted things onto wood. He did a particularly striking portrait of our dog from an i-pad picture. Visit if you can. For those seeking all things British there is a great pub called The Smugglers Inn. Good service and we came second in the general knowledge quiz. We visited Maria's bar and Escape and also a few of the wonderful Greek Tavernas along the one street that is the Canal d'Amour.

Also on this street was a travel agent where you could book reasonably priced trips to any of the varied attractions on offer in Corfu. We went on a trip to Corfu Town, which was beautiful, a Lazy Day Cruise, which was the best E25 I've spent for a long time, and a trip to a mountain Greek Festival, accompanied by spit roast goat / sheep, local food and villagers dancing 'til the early hours(magical). Couple this with an eventful trip on a pair of quite fast boats that you steer yourself and it made for a really good time had by all.

This was our main holiday and we factored in extra money to get 'out and about'.We found that the local economy of Canal d'Amour had been affected by the phenomenon that is AI, but that if you use your money wisely you can contribute to their livelihoods as well as enjoy the benefits of AI.

Bedding and towels were changed on a regular basis and the maids were pleasant and chatty if you used a greeting in Greek. Be careful, as some Greek words sound the same but have completely different meanings. I called the Receptionist, Maria, a squid instead of saying good morning!!

In conclusion I would like to end with a special mention for the Receptionist, Maria, as she is the heartbeat of the complex. She is Customer Service personified. She sorted out every problem I could confront her with within the day / hour / minute. She does all this with a smile on her face and a genuineness that is so lacking these days. Nothing was a problem.

Note to Costas, the owner. Give Maria a pay rise and do not let her go. You have a diamond.

We will be back to see you in the not too distant future. Take care everyone at Summertime.

Chris, Sue, Carly, Coral, Josh, Margaret and Duncan :-)X

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of September 2013

Great Holiday

Reviewed Thu 26th of September 2013

"I traveled to Summertime Apartments between 15th July and 29th July this year with my 3 children aged 17, 14 and 11, my wife, my disabled brother-in-law and elderly mother-in-law. We arrived at 1040 pm and were shown to our rooms, which were in E Block and C Block. These rooms were spacious and clean.

The next day we went down to breakfast where we found a mixture of continental and full English, coupled with orange juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The cereal was a bit stale but was replaced when it was brought to the attention of the staff. We mixed the breakfasts up a bit and although the Greek bacon is not the same as ours it was still tasty and appetizing. The Greek yoghurt and honey was amazing and you cannot replicate it at the supermarkets here. The staff in the restaurant were very good, particularly Iyota and Christos, and plates and tables were cleared as people finished.

Lunchtime was a particularly pleasant experience, with an abundance of Greek salad,, pasta dishes, potatoes, chips and lots of meat choices, all cooked to perfection by the staff beavering away in the kitchens, in 35 degrees heat. They deserve a special mention , as the unsung heroes of the holiday. They fueled a family of 7 on trips, cruises and festivals around Corfu. I had a different meal every day simply by mixing the dishes up and being willing to try something new. If burger and chips are your poison then don't go to Greece, full stop. The sweets are quite samey. I only had yoghurt and ice cream all holiday(bliss).

This was our main holiday and we factored in extra money to get 'out and about'we found that the local economy of Canal d'Amour had been affected by the phenomenon that is AI, but that if you use your money wisely you can contribute to their livelihoods as well as enjoy the benefits of AI.

Chris, Sue, Carly, Coral, Josh, Margaret and Duncan :-)X

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of September 2013

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Tue 9th of July 2013

"We just got back from spending 2 weeks (June 19 to July 4) at this place and will not be going back again. This was a cheap hotel that Thomas Cook had the cheek to advertise as 4 stars! I think it would struggle to get 2 stars in the real world.

I will start with the positives:

1. The weather (we had glorious sunshine for the entire 2 weeks)

2. The pool was clean

3. The resort and beaches are great

4. The people we met and the friends we made

Now for some of the negatives:

1. our room must have been built in the 1930's and had not been decorated or maintained since - we were in D block (the folks in H block didn't look happy)

2. We had intermittent electricity and the air conditioning didn't work in our room.

3. after complaining to the manager, we were relocated into an equally dilapidated room that had more leaks than a Welsh Choir on St David's day!

4. The brochure states that the hotel is 'perfect for couples and families with a whole lot of activities for children' - that is a lie and very misleading as there was nothing to do for kids unless you went over the road to the rival hotel that had a mini disco every night at 8.30. The kids playground consisted of a wobbly plastic climbing frame and slide, 2 swings and a broken see-saw and a pile of dog poo - needless to say we spent hours of fun somewhere else.

5. All inclusive (ish) you have to pay for drinks after 11pm

6. We couldn't get a sun-bed with shade for our toddler as people seemed to bag them before breakfast and then pitch up and use them after lunch - I mentioned this to reception as they have a sign stating that any towels left for more than half an hour would be removed......the nice lady just smiled at me and nodded knowingly.

7. Karaoke until 3 am was not what we were expecting and the sound system around the pool on full whack was somewhat annoying........there was some woman, with a voice like Vera Duck worth eating sandpaper, who insisted on doing her entire reportage every evening (my particular favorites were 'Don't go breaking my heart and It's raining men') so sleep became an issue.

8. The brochure states that 'The Summertime Village has a full-service restaurant and snack bar, along with a garden-pool bar and clubhouse, complete with Billiards and nightly movies, ensuring entertainment and fine dining for the whole family' I would prefer to put it a slightly different way - The Summertime Shanty town has very few staff so you have to serve yourself from the soup kitchen. There is bar at the front of the hotel that is only open after 9.30pm and has 2 TV's that only play music video's. There is a rickety old stained pool table with tip-less cues ensuring hours of boredom and the opportunity to watch the people over the road having a great time.

9. The staff were ok but the guy that ran the bar seemed to have had his personality surgically removed - he thought charisma was the 25th of December!

10. The pool bar was self service and there were no wrist bands or other way of telling that you were an inmate so there were people from other hotel's just coming in off the street and helping themselves to the drinks that I HAD PAID FOR. I went and told the lady in reception and she just gave me her familiar all knowing smile.

11. Free wifi internet.......there were about 200 people trying to access a 1 meg connection so it was slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter......unless you happened to be awake at about 3am (which I was thanks to Vera's incessant racket) where I could share the connection with the friendly night porter and it only took 30 mins to download my newspaper.

12 THE FOOD - I have saved the best until last. Starting with the breakfast buffet there were hard fried eggs, cold beans, stale bread (that was a general theme but we found out it was fresh on Tuesdays so assume the weekly delivery is the night before) stale cereal that my wife complained about (she got the knowing smile from the nice lady at reception and nothing changed). Lunch was the same every day with the occasional variance from fish smelling slop to non fish smelling slop as the main course. my first experience of a greek chip was many years ago and they were interesting but the dinner lady at Summertime has absolutely nailed the art of cooking the perfect frozen chip - hat's off to her. The Greek Salad became the daily choice until we decided to go somewhere else. I can't really comment on the dinner choice because, after the first 2 nights of the dinner being the same as lunch, we decided to dine out for the rest of the holiday - there is a little Taverna called Konaki about 200 yards towards the town centre and an excellent Mexican called Cactus Jack about 50 yards over the smelly bridge on the left - I recommend these for when you give up with the ethos that because you've paid for it you have to eat it.......you really don't. If you like dessert then this is not the holiday for you unless you like tinned fruit salad and ice cream every night. The one highlight of this culinary abortion was the toasted ham and cheese sandwiches that you could make for yourself between lunch and dinner - these were much nicer on the Tuesday (see above re stale bread) and a welcome form of sustenance to keep me going after my meagre salad lunches!

In summary, this place is shocking and NOT suitable for families with small children so don't be lured by the free child places. We had a car for the 2 weeks we were there so we could get away whenever we wanted to but some other poor unfortunates didn't and just had to mill around in H block. If you have been there and think this is an unfair summary then you are entitled to your own view but this was our experience."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of July 2013

doesn't deliver what it says on the web site

Reviewed Thu 15th of September 2011

"On arrival we were told that rooms that should have been ready at 2pm the previous day were not ready. However, we knew that we would be wanting a room for an additional day at the end of our booking, and were able to negotiate this, and an upgrade from studio to apartment, for no additional payment.

The pool was excellent, although as far as we could tell was not supervised. Th "children's pool" was really little more than a paddling pool suitable only for very young children - say up to age 2 or 3.

We didn't see much of the sports facilities, but did note that the crazy golf was not in a fit state to be used with the surfaces torn up and dilapidated. Our teenage son wanted to use the gym, which is kept locked, but was advised that there was a charge of €10 an hour - not mentioned in the advertising. The tennis courts looked very nice, but not on our agenda. We didn't find any indoor bowls, and with temperatures where there were we did not need a sauna (which we din't find either).

Food was the biggest disappointment. We stayed half board, which was a mistake. The breakfast buffet had a lot of biscuity type foods, with what appeared to be tinned fruit, and little other than possibly tomatoes of the organic produce referred to on the web site. Even the fruit juice was not real fruit juice.

Evening meals were uninspiring, with a virtually complete absence of vegetables apart from the "salad" which on several nights consisted mainly of tomatoes, and on one night just a bowl of lettuce. Too many meals were served with what appeared to be reheated frozen chips.

Daily maid service was provided, but not on Sundays. We have noted that some reviewers were put off by the need to keep paper out of the toilet, but this is not unusual in rural areas of Southern Europe.

We would not consider the accommodation to be of 4 star standard, but it was adequate for our needs. Air con is charged at €8 a day for an apartment and €5 a day for a studio.

We have given a thumbs up receommendation, but that applies only if you eat elsewhere."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

[--]

Reviewed Mon 17th of August 2009

"If you like 1star accommondation then this is the place for you, appartments dirty, sheet changes once every 3 days if your lucky , fresh towels once every 3 days if your lucky..
Beds are like sleeping on a concrete slab, and if you are really lucky you will get a shower that floods the whole bathroom with 2inch of water , several times asked reception to sort the shower was given a mop (thanks) just what i wanted to be doing on my holiday.
The pool is not even the picture in the brochure , no entertainment at all. Bar is open untill midnight if you are lucky , no receptionists after 9pm.
I will never book with Thomas Cook again as this was the worst holiday for accommondation i have ever had.
1 female receptionist cant remember her name , very rude and unhelpful.

Other than these appartments which in my opinion should be demolished sidari is a lovely part of the corfu island. "

• Travel date: Sat 15th of August 2009

ZERO STARS

Reviewed Tue 11th of August 2009

"What a lies in the brochure!!!!!! Me and my wife we booked this holiday direct with the hotel. They promised us an upper new apartment with view and instead of that they gave us a ground floor with no Terrance and a dog's house view. We spent a fortune for 2 weeks in July hearing a dog barking all night. The hotel advertises internet access, when we ask for permission to use it they send us 1 mile to an internet cafe. We asked for the gym and sauna but it wasn’t working. They advertise crazy golf and they charge 15 Euros for half an hour play in 6 broken holes.
They serve no breakfast any lunch or dinner. They advertise dietary menus but probably they mean crisps, because that’s the only thing they have.
There is no entertainment at all unless you like watching TV all day.
We had linen changing once in 2 weeks. When we complaint for all the above, the staff were arrogant and rude to us.

The best island to visit. Clean beaches with a beautiful sea. A good place to relax. Nice bars & cheap drinks.

• Travel date: Tue 11th of August 2009

HOLIDAYS FROM "HELL"

Reviewed Thu 16th of July 2009

"Me my wife and her brother in law with his wife and our children we decided, to go for holidays at Summertime Hotel because of the entertainment and facilities for the children as they advertise in the brochure.
Unfortunally we have been disappointed from our choice.
They have no facilities at all. No receptionist, no cleaning staff, and no entertainment at all.
They do not serve food at all; the bar is closing at 23:00. Many people have complained during our stay, because they had only once a week line changing.
I went to the reception to ask some more towels and we saw the receptionist crying. We asked her what happened and she said to us that the owner’s wife started shouting at her for no reason. The next day we saw the owner’s wife shouting at my son (5 years old). I asked her why she was shouting at my son and she replied to me that "the boy was throwing water in the grass".
I believe is the worst holidays we ever had.
My wife doesn't even want to go to Corfu again which is a beautiful island. We paid a lot of money for this holiday. WHAT A WASTE. DEFENTLY HOLIDAYS FROM HELL

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2009

Totally Mis-represented in brochures

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"Restaurant and snack bar closed last year due to not being profiatble. Rooms filthy and tired and beds like sleeping on a mortuary slab!! No entertainment unless you class sky sports on the bar t.v. We were usually the only people in the bar at night. Gym closed due to broken equipment no plans to open in near future. Bowling locked and used for storage. If you are going to cook for yourself don't bother as the apartments are not really equipped to do so. Satalite tv in room only gets bbc news 24 and a few fuzzy greek channels. Hardly and staff and they are all grumpy except for Mario in the bar. My 2 children got strep type infected sores from the pool and are on antibiotics, don't think it was ever chlorinated at night. This is advertised as four star but is only suitable as 1 or 2 star. The price this holiday cost us including the amount we spent whilst there we could have gone all inclusive to the caribbean, needless to say I am not best pleased."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

Ghost Hotel

Reviewed Tue 7th of July 2009

"Me and my wife and 2 our kids, we stayed at summertime hotel for 14 days.
Even though in the brochure they state entertainment, BBQ, and many children's activities, they have nothing. No food to eat, the bartender Nikos said to us that it was the owner’s decision for this year not to open the kitchen because of his finance. It is not our problem. We paid a lot of money to tell us to go and eat outside. In the morning we saw some Germans eating breakfast in the hotel so we asked if we can eat as well, but they told us that they had already paid for it and there is nothing they can do for it. What a professional way? No entertainment at all. The bar was closing at 22:00 o'clock. The hotel was like a ghost after 21:00. We decided one day to visit the town and we went to the reception to ask more information aprox. 21:00. Instead of the receptionist we found a note saying, the reception after 21:00 is closed. They cleaned our room 2 times during our 2 weeks staying. Some people they were staying next to us they said that when they go back in UK they will ask refund.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of July 2009

Hotels near Summertime Hotel Apartments

Stayed at Summertime Hotel Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Summertime Hotel Apartments

• Tripadvisor1956london by Tripadvisor1956london

"Do not book Summertime Hotel "

• Tripadvisor1956london by Tripadvisor1956london

"Canal D' amour beach, sunset beach. "

• Juniper1998 by Juniper1998

"Mythos Restaurant in Sidari and hiring a car is a must as the island is beautiful apart from Sidari "

• hardworker by hardworker

"Canal d' amour. Do not go to Nicolas Restaurant the food is very very bad. "

• Travel Planet by Travel Planet

"Nice place to visit if you like to get relaxed. "

• Travel Planet by Travel Planet

"Don't miss Kassiopi resort and San Stefano beach. "

• Floss by Floss

"Eat elsewhere. There are good local restaurants within easy walking distance - look for the busy ones! "

• St Christopher by St Christopher

"Learn a few words in Greek. It goes down great with the staff and locals. "

• St Christopher by St Christopher

"Be pleasant to the staff and try to speak a few words in Greek "

• Blondie12345 by Blondie12345

"close to the beach and main town lots of good bars and places to eat if you didnt want to eat all the time in the hotel "

• Danielle G by Danielle G

"Trips to other restaurants "

Summertime Hotel Apartments is also called