Just got back from a holiday from haroul...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of June 2008

"Just got back from a holiday from haroula apartments a week ago , Well first we got put in wrong room but that was nothing to do with the people there it was a complete cock up from thomson as we lost half day coming over cos of the coach strikes. People at Haroula all very friendly and would do anything to make sure you were happy and in the other reviews dont booked any trips with thomson as there double the price. Places to eat emmm... three little pigs best place we ate at very popular there ,sea breeze , memories and sunset bar all very nice places defo not to go PIZZA AL FORNO !!! just outside of the town food was a shambles presentation very poor didnt even have a waitress apart from his daughter hu looked about 10 and very un professional when we complain about the presentation and sed we werent happy he insulted my girlfriend and then tryed to make us pay for are main course even though we didnt touch it. Only reason we gave a 8 is that the room was very old fashioned and dull but the newer lookin ones were very nice inside if ur lookin for a nice quiet holiday i would defieantly recommend it bout half hour walk to beach roughly. Other than that you could ask for more from the people that work there tHANKS FOR A GREAT TIME CHEERS KERRY AND ADAM"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

I have just come back from a 2 week holi...

Reviewed Mon 19th of May 2008

"I have just come back from a 2 week holiday and it was brilliant!!Thanks to everyone at the Haroula!!!

After a four hour delay the holiday did not start well. And Thomson had no communication with us till we were on the plane.
The staff on the plane got a hard time from a few customers but were rude to most people on the plane. It would have been nice to have a smile after sitting in the airport for six hours.

After the delay and we finally reached the appartments at 3 in the morning no one was there to greet us (I found out that the haroula hadn't been kept up to date with what had happend). The first thing I noticed was a 1960's style blanket and it didn't fill me with hope.

The first morning as I went to get water from the pool bar I realised all the reviews had been right. Everyone at Haroula was lovely and helpful.

It is a good 30min walk to the centre of Sidari and when its hot it can seem longer. I enjoyed the walk and we only got a taxi once. On a night the road is dark and the cars r crazy!

Two weeks were a bit long on the island for me.We did 3 trips. PLEASE book them in the town you save loads.

To sum up the appartments are basic but clean. Its well run and they make you feel welcome. And I have missed laughing with them all.

I would consider going back and any1 who's booked you will have a good time.

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

Just returned from a week at Haroula apa...

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2007

"Just returned from a week at Haroula apartments. Very friendly, family run complex with good sized rooms and facilities, each with balcony terrace. Very clean pool and maintained garden. Haroula is a good 20 minute stroll into Sadari town, and supermarkets etc. Taxi's are available and the bar staff very accommodating.

Very family friendly, although there was a mixed age group and all got on well. Shower facilities are also available for those having to leave their rooms at mid day for the early morning flights, and the bar stayed open for food and drinks until 1am when we left.

Day trip on a Monday (all inclusive) to Hydropolis water park is a good value, but wonder into town and book it rather than through the Reps, good value for money! We did the 'Captain Homer' boat trip BBQ as well, which was supposed to be 'all inclusive', but wasn't and were crammed like sardines in a tin, although the boat ride and scenery was excellent!

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

On arrival the greeting received from th...

Reviewed Sun 7th of January 2007

"On arrival the greeting received from the whole family was so welcoming and it didn't stop there.

What a wonderful family mama, papa, Dimitris, Makis and Haroula are they actually made our stay in Sadari a memorable time.

As for Thomson who we booked through, they were non existent, who were Thomson? They didn't even send a rep to ensure we got onto the correct bus when we were transferred to the airport on our departure date. The bus didn't even come as far up as the apartments.

If one of our party had not made the effort to walk down to the bus to check with the driver, then we could have missed our flight home, whereas other tour companies picked up directly outside the apartments and had reps to ensure people got to the airport safely.

Although the apartments were about a forty minute walk from the centre, they were in the most remarkable part of the countryside and so cool in the evening, even in August.

Even on a hot day there is air conditioning available and it is the cheapest we have ever paid during a holiday abroad anywhere else.

We have decided to return to the Haroula and will budget for a car for the duration of our stay as the hire was extremely reasonable.

The Rose Garden in Sidari is the best place to eat apart from the Haroula itself, where the food was wonderful any time of day."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

If you want the best of both worlds, the...

Reviewed Wed 11th of October 2006

"If you want the best of both worlds, then Haroula Apartments at Sidari is the place for you.

The complex was situated in a lovely quiet area with beautiful countryside all around. The thing that made our holiday special though, was the family who run Haroula (Makis, Dimitris, Mama and Papa.) Their genuine and friendly behaviour really made a good holiday unforgettable. The atmosphere was always happy, the facilities are great, and the food is lovely. It was only a 40 minute walk into Sidari, and always great fun having a drink in the bar at Haroula.

Everybody we met during our stay loved Haroula, and most of us are planning on returning in the future. I cannot thank Dimitris and Makis enough for making our fortnight there wonderful."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

We spent a week at the Haroula Apartment...

Reviewed Thu 7th of September 2006

"We spent a week at the Haroula Apartments, and it was splendid. The apartments were clean, the pool area great, and the hospitality of this family run business fantastic.

Every body staying mixed well, in fact before our return 18 holiday makers went out for a meal at the family’s restaurant in Sidari. It was actually a pleasure to be a bit out of Sidari, as you get the best of both worlds.

If you want to relax in the glorious sunshine around the pool, it is fab. Mikey and dimetris were the perfect hosts, nothing was too much trouble. We actually fell in Love with the place, and will be booking again next year again for a weeks stay.

The walk into town takes about 15 to 20 minutes, car hire is cheap, we didn’t need to bother too much with the main resort of Sidari, we’d stroll down for dinner in the restaurants and return to The HAROULA for drinks later.

We had a Fantastic holiday, best wishes to the Family and all the friendly people we met at The Horoula.....Sidaris best kept secret....shhh.

• Travel date: Thu 7th of September 2006

The apartments were very clean, the pool...

Reviewed Sat 26th of August 2006

"The apartments were very clean, the pool was lovely and the family who run it were the friendliest you could hope for - nothing was too much trouble. The other guests were also very friendly and we all went out on our last night to the restaurant that the family run in town.

We had a fantastic holiday, despite Thompson. The rep appeared bored, trotted out her sales pitch about excursions then disappeared, never to be seen again. The excursions are a complete rip-off - if you want to go anywhere, book with one of the travel agents in town for about half the price. I recommend Sidari Travel which is the first one you come to when you walk into town from the apartments - they were extremely helpful.

The Thomson rep will tell you it is a ten-minute walk to town - wrong! Try 40 minutes along a road with a ditch each side that is pretty dangerous, especially at night with coaches hammering along it. Thompson also stated 40 minutes to Corfu Town, when in fact the twice we went it took the coach an hour and a half each way!

Taxis were 5 euros to town which was fine, and Makis and his brother Dimitris were only too happy to call them for us. They even gave us a lift in one evening when taxis were delayed.

So actually my rating is Thompson 0, the apartments 10, the town itself 5 (bit chavvy, geared up for English tourists, lots of England flags and British food, although there are some nice Greek restaurants tucked away).

We may go back to the apartments, because they were brilliant but will book direct and hire a car next time."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

Wow what a holiday. The apartments are s...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of April 2006

"Wow what a holiday. The apartments are spotless as are the pool and surrounding gardens.
The family at Haroula are amongst the nicest people that you are ever likely to meet.

True its a bit out of the way but if you don’t mind a stroll into the centre of the resort it's not a problem, were the apartments are situated is a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle that is Sidari.

I would not go back to Sidari or Corfu again but if I could pick up the Haroula apartments and their family and put them anywhere else, this is the place I would go year after year."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006

This was the best holiday I have ever be...

Reviewed Fri 3rd of February 2006

"This was the best holiday I have ever been on, we have been back for the last 2 years and have made excellent friends with the people who own the apartments.

In fact we are planning on moving out to Corfu very soon we loved it that much. Get yourself a moped or car and you are away. The apartments are excellent and are very clean. Everyone very friendly. Loads to do in Sidari centre if you are a family or couple or even single.

Sidari itself is very picturesque and i would strongly recommend swimming in Canal D Amore if you are a couple and eating at the sunset restaurant, excellent food and romantic setting perfect if you are loved up."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of February 2006

My pal and I stayed at this resort for 2...

Reviewed Sat 21st of January 2006

"My pal and I stayed at this resort for 2 weeks and I’ll admit that when we first arrived we were worried that this place was going to be quiet as it was a bit out of the way into town but I was wrong!

These apartments were brill! And the family that ran the complex were the most friendly people that I have ever met. They could not do more for us and were so trusting. They joined in with all the fun and when we left they said that THEY would be needing a holiday. It was such a sad day when we left, even mama Haroula was crying.

I’ve never found a holiday as enjoyable as this since and I wish the family all best."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

Had to add a review as the last persons...

Reviewed Thu 17th of November 2005

"Had to add a review as the last persons comments could put you off staying here.
You are a good way out of Sidari, but is that such a bad thing. This was a last minute booking, Didn't pick Sidari but it was cheap. The family that run these Apartments are so friendly, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. The apartments are keep clean, the pool and bar area are very good. Makis and his brother Dimi will always phone for a taxi to take you into Sidari at night. The Taxi Costs 5 Euros.

When we stayed everyone else who was staying at the time was very friendly we all met up at the bar for night caps.

I would stay there again.

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

My advice is not to book a Thomson Late...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"My advice is not to book a Thomson Late Deal or you could be put in somewhere like the Haroula Studios! It’s a mile from the nearest shop, two miles from the resort centre and beach. Actually, the studios themselves are the best appointed and kept that I have visited and the owners are lovely. But it is just so far!

Thomson, in my opinion, are very wrong to describe the place as being in Sidari. The locals call the area by another name. So be prepared to hire a car or spend upwards of £100 for a week of taxi rides.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005