Corfu Andromeda

Peroulades, Sidari 490 81 Greece

best holiday ever

"Me and my husband have just got back from the Andromeda. After reading some of the recent reviews we were very worried about going here only to find it was nothing like the review stated.
As we travelled through Sidari on the coach doing the drop offs we kept thinking 'I hope this isn't ours' so when we pulled up outside the Andromeda it was like finding Heaven. We got our bags and walked through to the reception to find Billy offering cake and orange juice. (He gets up to greet all his guests no matter what time they arrive) It was very refreshing to get a glass of orange juice after such a long flight and then the transfer although I did decline the cake as it was 5.30 am. We were given our room key and then Billy took us to our apartment, even carrying my case for me. He showed us into the room and told us if we needed anything we just had to let him know. When we walked into the room I was very surprised to find it very clean and well set out. It had everything we needed including a bottle opener. The only thing we needed to ask Billy for was an extra pillow for my husband which appeared straight away and some mugs for our morning coffee (in the room they are cups and I would have needed two to wake up), the mugs were given to me straight away as well. All of this within the first morning of being there. It is honestly as if he can't do enough to help everyone. From looking around outside from our balcony it looks as though every apartment has a pool view. It is all kept meticulously clean and tidy. There has definately been alot of thought put into the Andromeda. Most of the hotels we passed all had pools at the side of the road to attract passing people, kids pools joined on the big pool with just a barrier to seperate the two but the Andromeda has 2 seperate pools, (the childrens pool still has the barrier for safety though) The pools are also at the back of the complex so passing cars can't watch you sunbathing.
The first few days we were always out in sidari exploring and whenever we left the apartments or came back Billy, his family and staff would always smile and wave, which we have never come across before (we were always acknowledged here) Everyone here is like family. After the first few days we decided to stay in the complex for a chill out day. We were made to feel like one of the family, Miranda (on the bar in the day) was brilliant, she was always smiling, very friendly and always willing to help. Vagelis (night bar man) was always up for a laugh, very friendly, always willing to help in fact there was not a person who wouldn't help, even the cleaners were always smiling and dancing around while doing the jobs. There was no difference in the way we were treated from when we drinking in the apartment to when we wasn't.
I know from reading some reviews that people have said the drinks are expensive but I would rather pay 2e50 for a can of pop at the complex than pay 2e50 in sidari for a glass of coke that comes from a 2litre bottle and comes out flat. (which we found happens a lot) The alcoholic drinks weren't really expensive when you put it in perspective, the drinks at the hotel are all safe to drink, they have got no chance of being spiked or mixed with anything either, so I for one would rather pay a bit more and be guarenteed of a safe drink. On the menu side, I must say Billy's mum made the best stifado I have ever tasted (and I have had a few).
All in all, we were made to feel at home and we will definately return hopefully this october as we already miss it.
I honestly couldn't fault one thing here, we were treated as though we have been going for years, it is easy to see why Billy has so many repeat guests, as when we were there there was quite a few. (we were treat no different from them either)."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

Good points and bad points

"When we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the day we were met by Billy and his OJ and cake. We thought that this was a great touch and just what was needed. Then we were told that we would have to wait 30mins for our rooms. I was travelling with a 1yr old and a 6 yr old and to me it was a bit long to wait. The rooms when we finally got them were clean but not well eqiped at all. 2 Bowls and a spoon and various bits and pieces of cutlery....not good enough for a family. The decor of the rooms was pleasant and were clean throughout the stay although the linen was never changed (I know because my son got chocolate on one of them on the first night and it was still there when we left!!) but the floors were cleaned everyday and the towels changed every 2/3 days. The pool area was fantastic for the children and the play area was safe for them to play in although could have been newer. The food in the hotel was definatley not worth buying and the drink prices were extortionate.The walk to Sidari is horrendous...we ended up getting a car for 9 days. The island is fantastic and the holiday was enjoyable even though there was a lot of bad points about the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2009

notsonice

"My girlfriend and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Andromeda Hotel in Peroulades Corfu. We have read so many good reviews about this hotel that we want to show the other side of the coin. When we initially arrived the owner Billy was very welcoming with cake and drinks for us so we thought this is a nice start. We were told that the hotel was nice and quiet with no loud music. However, we were given an apartment that was close to the bar area and it wasn't really quiet at all. After a couple of days we noticed the apartment had a damp feel to it and noticed mould on the chairs in the kitchen area. We also found the apartment poorly equiped for a self catering place. There was no can opener, bottle opener or even a waste bin. To my mind these should be standard equipment in a self catering apartment.

We also found the food to be not of a good standard, and the drink was expensive. However, we are not people who like to hang around the hotel complex anyway so this was not too much of an issue as we ate and drank in better places near to the hotel. The day before we were due to leave we decided to raise the issues about the apartment with our rep who was understanding and we filled a feedback report out. When Billy the owner came to see us about the report he didn't seem interested in the mould on the chairs or any of the comments on the form and said he couldn't do anything about it! No apology, nothing. To my way of thinking the owner was only interested in people spending money in his expensive bar. It might have suited some people and it appears that many people have rated this hotel very highly but I personally would not recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of May 2009

billy

Good

"Stayed at the Andromeda for 1 wk with my partner. After driving to sidari from the airport which took 1hr 30m when we arrived I was so pleased as the hotels we had passed did not look nice at all>
The Andromeda is clean & tidy the cleaners came everyday and changed sheets and fresh towels and are very friendly! The hotel prices are more than the main town but we didnt mind paying that as we loved the full english every morning! Billy is lovely he will do anything for you so kind, we even forgot to change some money half way through the week but Billy said the money was no problem & still let us eat til we went back to town!

The walk to the start of the bars is about 25mins not that bad really or 5euros in a taxi...you must go to sunset beach!

Oh but beware of the shower it will flood the bathroom whatever you do to try and stop it!

Would def recommend the Andromeda with Billy, friendly staff clean apartments and a great pool! If I was to go back to corfu I would pick this hotel!

Oh & the weather in October I was worried we would have rain but ended up 25 -29 everyday which is more than hot enough!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of October 2008

loved Sidari, but not the hotel unfortunately

"Got a great deal for 14 days SC from a well-known travel agent, sounded excellent. However, do not be fooled! I went late august-early september and it was still very hot here, also factor into the equation that the hotel/apartments are a good 25 minute walk away from the edge of the strip, it can be quite tiring!!
Also, we were awoken by cockerels early on a morning and I was even scared to walk to the apartments from the main strip late at night due to the next door neighbours. They had several dogs that would not stop barking and they were kept locked up and looked quite vicious. I do not like dogs and the fact they unleashed them when it was dark meant that they were there when we were going back on a night - not a nice experience!!! I had the hotel's breakfast once - never again. despite the 25 minute walk to the edge of canal d'mour, the breakfasts they offered for less money (some the same) were phenomenal. the hotels breakfast was too greasy and you didnt get much, also there were too many wasps congregating around the tables to enjoy it.
We didnt often use the hotel's pool and chairs, due to the fact that some were broken and the amount of wasps, we preferred a 45 min walk to main strip, where the beach was and some bars/hotels that backed out onto the beahc allowed you to use their facilities as long as you bought drinks and/or food. Also, we left our towels on the apartments loungers, like most people did, but ours were taken.
Another incident, which was quite laughable was on the last day, waiting for the coach to take us to the airport. this is the only time, apart from ordering breakfast, where we had ate a meal at the hotel, needless to say I know why. I browsed the menu and ordered a double cheeseburger with fries. they should have had double cheese, burger on the menu - it was one burger, with double cheese on it and it was about 2 euros extra from the ordinary cheeseburger!! you have to laugh."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2008

Andromeda, a good place but 3 star??

Good

"We've just come back from Andromeda apartments and they are good.

THE BEST PARTS:
The pool - sunbeds readily available and good pool area.
BILLY - got up at 4am to welcome us with OJ, cake and a bottle of water.
The apartment was over 2 floors and were very clean when we arrived.

THE BAD PARTS:
The wet towels were not taken away. We put them in the bath, put them on the floor and on the 3rd day had to put them by the front door. In the week we were there we were given clean towels after 2days and had to ask for more on the last day.
The sheets were not changed all week and considering you are sleeping in temperatures in the high 20s not very hygenic. The bed was not made or tidied either.
On our last day the cleaners didn't lock our front door. The cleaners are little more than useless. It is commendable that Billy employs a chap that is mentally slow but it is only useful if he is capable of doing a good job.

THE NASTIES:

MOSQUITOS- they invade everywhere! Before you go get some JUngle formula and one of those plug in mosquito killers. (Jungle formula is around 11euros, the plug 2.50 euros and the tablets that you put in the plug were 1.75 euros for 20. All this means you can sleep with the windows open!

RESTAURANTS AND BARS:

Dionysis on the main SIdari street - fab food, sit out the back overlooking the beach and watch the sun set.

BED - food is reasonable but it can be salty. The bill came with a feedback form and we filled it in to say the curry sauce was salty and the toilets needed some attention. the Duty Manager came over to discuss our concerns and said he couldn't do anything about he slaty sauce as it was bought in! The loos were looked at and cleaned straight away!
Babylon bar next door to Dionysis is not bad, mix of Karoke and DJ.
Our favourite bar was Bolero, Stakkis the greek dancer, Yiannis the boss, a good laugh."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Didn't want to come home!

"We spent 2 weeks (my boyfriend and I) staying at the Andromeda in Sidari and loved it!
We felt at home in the hotel and were made to feel very welcome and also made some good friends with the other residents. The hotel has a lovely cat who knows exactly how to charm the guests! We had a studio which served its purpose for us, we saw what the apartments were like and they were stunning!
Sidari itself is very loud and very tourist orientated but has some fantastic places to eat all at really good prices, our personal favourite was a mexican called Panchos Villa.
Andromeda is on the outskirts of Sidari, about 30 mins walk - however do not walk there or back at night as there's no street lights and the drivers are crazy! It was 5 euro for a taxi and took about 5 mins. When you go right out of the holtel walk along then you come to a fork in the road - both roads are to sidari town but left takes you there via some lovely restaurants, pubs and wee market shops and right takes you to the supermarket then into Sidari. Taking the road to the left there's a wee restaurant called "alexis" with a talking bird called Charlie and the waiter is Eric who is english who has been working ther since he was 60 for the last 15 years - we were made to feel so welcome, food was fab and each time we walked past we were acknowledged with a wave and a smile.
If you go left out of the hotel the first restaurant is "Taverna" - again run by very friendly people who can not do enough for you and the food is amazing my only complaint would be there was too much and i never managed to finish a meal! One day when i hadn't been very well and ate very little of my meal we were given some free watermelon after our meals which was a lovely touch!
Further up the road there's a very classy bar called the North bar again hospitality was second to none.
A must visit if you go to Sidari is to go to Sunset beach and eat at the Panorama Restaurant, "the best sun set in corfu" breath taking views and delicious food, slightly more expensive than other restaurants but worth it!

There's also a few wee downsides tho:
There are alot of stay dogs and cats in Sidari, mainly in the outskirts but we were followed home by dogs on two occasions.
Transfer time from the airport was not what we were told by our travel agent; 30 mins, it took 1 hour 40 mins! very steep and twisty roads.
We were quite surprised we had to pay 140 euros for air conditioning for the fortnight but felt it was worth it as Corfu is very hot and full of huge insects so i wouldn't have been comfortable leaving the patio doors open!
We had a studio apartment on the groud floor which was ok, i hated the bathroom - the shower soaked the entire room each time it was used and the room was always really warm. The cleaners left alot to be desired! the times they cleaned the rooms varied from 10am to 7pm which did mean we occasionally didn't get our rooms cleaned; the worst being as we left it had been 4 days! (we emptied the bins ourselves on those days!)
Do not believe anything the thomas cook reps tell you - it takes longer to walk anywhere than they say!

IT'S ALL WORTH IT!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Good location, nice pool but 2.50 euros for a can of 7up!!!

"This place is new and very well presented with a good pool that is away from the road, unlike most pools in the area, being just off the road.

The owner is a very friendly guy with lots of time for every guest.
The studio room is basic with an electric hob, microwave and fridge. not that we used the apartment to cook in. The bathroom is small with toilet, sink with mirror and vanity light and a shower, but the shower curtain wasn't very good and you could easily flood the room. The beds were 2 singles pushed together and i personally found the matress too hard and had a week of restless sleep, but my partner had no trouble. air conditioning is an extra cost of 70 euros a week but we didn't really need it as the rooms stayed cool through the day and with the balcony door open at night it was very pleasant, just take insect repellant..

There is a mini market attached to the complex, but with limited choices of things to buy. There are better supermakets about 15mins walk away which are much cheaper. Which brings me on to my next point, which is that the drinks, food and snacks on offer at the bar were too expensive compared to prices in the main resort of Sidari which is a 30min walk away. the magic 15min walk to the beach is a fairy tale. We think the owner is taking pricing liberties due to being just to far away from the main resort to get the cheaper food and drink.
The entertainment at the andromeda is a night of local dancing on tuesday which was cheesy fun, and a very easy quiz on sunday.
So to conclude, the apartments are very clean, well laid out, stay cool well but were very basic. The pool area is great. The food is very average and over prices. The drink and snacks are also over priced. All in all the place was good and very relaxing, compared to other apartments and hotels in the area which didn't looks half as nice.

Oh yeah go to Aqua land it was ace. get your tickets from a local tour booker in Sidari, much cheaper than the uk tour operator prices and you get more time in the park."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

Andromeda Appartments Sidari Corfu

"Hello to all you lucky enough to be going on holiday this year. Just got back from Sidari in Corfu. Booked 2 wks with Hays Travel at the Andromeda Appartments on the outskirts of Sidari. They were still under construction when we were there last year, so are nearly brand new. We had 2 appts for 4 of us all fellas holiday !. They are spot on as the main bedroom is upstairs with a full bathroom and spacious balcony while downstairs there is a large room with 2 soffa beds kitchenette with hob microwave and fridge, balcony bathroom with toilet shower and sink. Also a tv. The property has a nice relaxed feel with freindly owners and staff. Being out of town means its relativley quiet (apart from the two dogs next door !) The pool and garden areas are really nice. In the bar there is sky on the tv a pool table and a lovely reception area with comfortable clean furniture. At the rear of the bar there is a very nice covered area looking onto the pool with tables and chairs. This is one of the nicest places I have stayed on holiday. Only a couple of little gripes ! The bar prices for drinks and meals are too high along with the mini market, e.g. small jar of coffee in town 1.90 euro in mini market nearly 5.00 euro. Cup of tea at Andromeda 2.80 euro thats the same as motorway services here ! in town no more than 2.00 euro. think on that .80 euro adds up over your hols so make sure you take your own tea and coffee with you. Vlaseros travel in town knows the owners and promised us he will tackle the owner about his prices. We ate out all the holiday apart from the odd beans on toast of a morning. All in all a great place to stay, if you book with Hays Travel ask for Melanie Booth she is the most helpfull person ive ever dealt with. Happy travelling from Allan Hinchliffe"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

A Great Place to Stay ...

"We have just got back from Corfu having spent the week in the ANDROMEDA hotel in Sisari.

The minute we arrived, the hotel owner BILLY gave us a very warm welcome and greeted us with some cake and some orange juice and then personally showed us to our 1 bedroom apartment carrying my case there for me. (he waits up and greets all guests including those that arrive early hours of the morning offering the same hospitality along with the cake and juice)

He then made it very clear that if we needed anything at all, we were just to ask.

The room itself was a massive shock to us as we had not been expecting a 2 story apartment .. it was amazing .. very spacious and pleasantly set out.

The rest of the hotel was also very nice and the pool was always clean and never over crowded.

Throughout the week we had a number of snacks in the hotel bar/restaurant and was served each time by Mick who works unbelivably hard yet never failed to smile and was always very friendy.

The walk into the centre of Sidari was a bit of a Treck especially in the heat but was actually a pleasant walk later in the evening and took around 20 minutes.

Upon our departure we were collected by the coach at 0725. Billy was unable to see us off personally as he had waited up to greet the guests arriving from the night flight and so his Mum came to see us off and gave us a warm hug goodbye treating us as old family friends.

All in all we had a fantastic week and can see why people return year after year!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2008

FABULOUS TWO WEEKS AT THE ANDROMEDA HOTEL

"We just returned from two amazing weeks in the Andromeda hotel in Peroulades-Sidari. This was our first time in Corfu and it was unforgettable. We booked Andromeda after reading the other reviews as we have 3 small children and many of the revies said it was child friendly and safe. THEY DIDNT LIE !!
From the moment that we arrived all the staffmade us feel like friends.Our kids loved the place and Billy the owner . There was plenty to keep the children entertained-small swing park,separate childrens pool,the ducks,a beautiful dog,and the cute tortoises.
The hotel itself was in an ideal location set back from the road. there is a mini-market and a gift shop on site that is open all day.Receptionis open24 hours so there is always someone there if they are needed and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We had a duplex apartment which we were surprised to find had two bathrooms. Great for getting all the kids ready.All the rooms in the apartment were bright ,spacious,well appointed,kitchen even included microwave and a toaster.There is also greek tv and air conditioning for FREE which is a bonus when the weather is too hot. There is also a safety deposit box which is also free of charge. Rooms were cleaned every day by the two lovely cleaners Maria and Hara. As you can see in pictures of the hotel the pool is fab ulous and is surrounded by lovely garden areas and there are plenty of beds and umbrellas for everyone and as it is behind the hotel it is private and safe especially for the kids.
Mario and George -the 2 funny barmen- made great slush puppies which the kids loved.
Mama"s food was EXCELLENT ,you have to taste The mousaka and her sofrito. DELICIOUS !! Papa's bbq was one of the highlights of the holiday. It was brilliant night with greek dancers ,,fantastic atmosphere great fun and plenty of fabulous food. My husband loved being asked to help papa with the food.
Not only the hotel was perfect , the village of peraladas is beautiful. Sunset beach is stunning,and cape drastis has to be one of the most picturesque places we have ever visited. We are so glad we choose to visit Corfu.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday.Thank you Billy for making our holiday so special. We look forward to seeing you again . "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2012

MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS !!

"We just returned back from holiday in hotel "ANDROMEDA" which we have now renamed "PARADISE". From start to finish we felt like family. Our holiday started on a sour note when our flight was delayed and then on arriving in Corfu we got lost on the road to Sidari however......we then phoned to the owner of the hotel for directions-billy (the owner) immediately set us on the right road and even offered to meet us and bring us to the hotel. From the moment on our arrival was the best ever.
we arrived at Andromeda to be greeted by a smiling billy with a drink. Things just kept getting better. Billy took us to our room and we couldn't believe our luck.it was beautiful,bright,spacious and very clean !!!! it had everything we could possibly need even down to toiletries, hair dryer and shower cap !!!!!! woohoo
we were delighted to find not only the usual kitchen equipment but a toaster and a microwave provided as standard not only this but safe deposit box and air conditioning were also FREE !!!!!!!!!
we overlooked the magnificent pool which was always clean and well maintained and even managed to tempt me in -i don't do pools because of big hair !! there was also no need to be up at the crack of dawn to put towels on the beds as there were plenty of them.more than enough to go round.
what we can say about the food - mama always freely prepared and cooked the food to order. Everything that we ate we thoroughly enjoyed and was great value for money.
it was also the ideal location as we were near enough to sidari to have all the fun but far enough away to have peace and relaxation and would be perfect for children as it is safe and child friendly.
we met lots of lovely people who have been coming here for years-we can see why !! we will be joining them. !!
thank you to billy and his family. We had a wonderful time and we will certainly see you next year !!

T I P !!!!!! ANDROMEDA accepts ONLY direct bookings-cannot be found in any travel agents !! so contact Billy at the Andromeda. You can also find Andromeda on: Facebook.com/corfuandromeda"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2012

Hotels near Corfu Andromeda

Stayed at Corfu Andromeda? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Corfu Andromeda

• buskat25 by buskat25

"Three little pigs for authentic greek plate smashing "

• daniel92 by daniel92

"BBQ boat trip booked in town lovely day out. "

• KimandGary by KimandGary

"We loved it, lots of things all in one place, bars, shops, restaurants, beach!! "

• KimandGary by KimandGary

"The three little pigs we were very impressed with! Also theres beach sports and excursions to do! "

• sarahhelliss<3. by sarahhelliss<3.

"don't book it or thomas cook it... "

• Joelage by Joelage

"Warm, Welcoming and Enjoyable!! "

• LEL by LEL

"A nice place that needs to be kept cleaner, prices too high. "

• Shelly and Colin's Best Holiday Ever!! by Shelly and Colin's Best Holiday Ever!!

"Brilliant for Chill out and Fun!! "

• "quiet and peaceful location "

• Tim the Taff by Tim the Taff

"Very quiet, secluded and relaxed "

• diane by diane

"discusting, dont book this hotel "

• val by val

"terrible beaches awful in sidari "

• Sharon H by Sharon H

"Good walking shoes for walking into town + a torch for late night returns "

• gold bb by gold bb

"RELAX ,ENJOY AND GO WITH THE FLOW "

Corfu Andromeda is also called