About Alkyon Hotel

• hair dryer

best hoilday ever.

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2012

"hotel spotless, food great something for everyone. staff go out their way to make sure you have a great hoilday.met so many nice people cant wait to get back next year. great location set back of the main strip.toilet broke but was fixed straight away."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2012

Can't make toast

Reviewed Sat 24th of September 2011

"Having read some of the bad reviews, both before we went and today, I have to say that their only real fault is a complete inability to make toast. They did not serve me a single evening meal that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.The staff are very hard working and even coped with a power cut that lasted until 1 pm on one day and one hell of a thunderstorm on another.Although we didn't use the pool I can't agree with any of the negative comments about it.
If you expect 5 star treatment and facilities then by all means pay four times as much and go elsewhere. "

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2011

Great Friendly Place - definately again

Reviewed Thu 20th of October 2011

"I have just got back from a week at the Alkyon. Had the best time their, best holiday I have been on. Everything was fantastic. One peice of advise you will find helpful is make sure you take 5 euros for the air-con per night (Air-con is really good cools the room down a nice cool heat), and also Mosquito Repelent and Cream, had alot of a mossi bites before getting the cream and repelent. These are both fairly cheap about 2-3 euros each. Also you can buy a plug in for about 5 euros which works pretty well.

The Food was great, fast service. A variety of meat and salads. Starters was great and pudding was average.

Bar staff was incredible, especially someone we met names Kristos & Costa - both great nice people.

Swimming pool was nice and clean and they provide inflatables such as rubber rings & lilos (although can purchase your own if you choose to).

Drinking at this hotel is quite expensive, especially for pop - 1 can = 2 euros. Beer is around 3 euros a pint. Cocktails are 5 euros - 4 euros in cocktail hour. Bar staff do like to give out free shots.

People traveling with thomson or any other holiday company, do not pay their trip prices as you can organise your own around the corner for as much as 75% cheaper.

Location of the hotel is a nice quiet village which can get lively at night. Beach isn't the greatest, however a short walk further up to what they call the Coaves they are brilliant views and beaches which are alot cleaner.

Met some great friends their Dave and Anne the Alkyon Guruus (been visiting this place for 24 years.) Everyone was just so friendly and talkative made the holiday enjoyable.

Thankyou to everyone."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of September 2011

Nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2011

"We stayed in the Alkion in August 2011 for 2 weeks. The room (236) was on the small side, and directly over the back delivery entrance ,but it wasn't too bad.
The hotel itself is very nice and clean and the staff very helpful . On our arrival I found that the coach driver had given my case to someone at a previous drop off, I really thought that I had seen the last of it , but an hour later he fetched it for us
The food is o.k. but breakfasts are a bit monotonous.A choice of a croissant, local corn flakes,Greek yoghurt or fruit salad . Toast and orange juice were served as standard. Evening meal was a selection of four starters and four mains. We were a bit concerned about it being waiter service having had a bad experience before , but everything went like clockwork.
The waiters were excellent and very friendly, and we enjoyed ourselves very much, although 2 weeks was a bit too long . 10 days would have been ideal.The worst pasrt of Sidari was the oddly named Canal D'amour which was a very smelly sewage outlet . I would genuiney recommend this hotel and would gladly go back again

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2011

Just came home, amazing holiday

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2011

"We recently just came back from this hotel and i must say we had an amazing time. The people working in the hotel are such lovely people and will be missed, the service is also fantastic and the way things are run is perfect. The room was not amazing but it did not matter as we never were in our rooms. We had no problems at all with out room or in the hotel. The hotel drinks and snacks are reasonable prices and I would love to go back to this hotel tomorrow. It is the people mostly they are so lovely. I do miss this hotel and recommend it highly."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2011

brilliant holiday...would definately go back

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"I recently returned from this hotel. We stayed here in july 2011 and had a great holiday whilst staying here. The hotel is situated in a perfect location...central but not too close to the busy end of sidari. The walk to the beach is only around 5 minutes and the same for the two surrounding coves. However, most beach resturants will provide free sunbeds all day on the beach except for the odd few who charge 4 euro each per-person per-day. There are also two free pools at one of the coves where we stopped by the local pool bar which was good value for money and very friendly staff.

The hotel is very clean with friendly staff (apart from one waitress with blond hair who i personally found was very rude and abrupt towards certain people including ourselves). The morning breakfast was a continental breakfast but could pay 2 euro extra for a cooked breakfast which i feel having already payed half board for the holiday we should not have had to do this. There was not enough tea supplied as had to ask for the correct amount of tea bags as the rude waitress only supplied 2 tea bags for three people. We had to keep reminding that we were paying four adult breakfasts not just three. She made us feel as though we were beggings for the correct amount and she was clearly not happy when we asked her for the correct portion of milk or tea bags which we had payed for, however we did not feel this with the other staff. The evening meals on the other hand, were excellent. i had no complaints with the meals as they were excellent standard with a good variety of traditional dishes and friendly staff. We felt we coud not have gone out and found anything better than that standard. 10 out of 10 for the evening meals and all the evening staff. The hotel provided an excellent selection of entertainment for the evenings which we found matched any of the other bars in sidari. so, if you didn't want to venture out it wasn't a problem staying in the hotel as it had a brilliant atmosphere.

The rooms were nice but basic however, very clean with cleaners in everyday. You had the choice on whether you wanted clean towels daily i cannot fault cleanliness at all but the shower was very basic but this is what is normally expected in greece.

Sidari itself is very nice through the day but as you head further into sidari at night beware of being hasselled of people trying to force you into the bars which i found got very annoying as most of them would not take no for an answer when you were trying to get by...i found i would have possibly gone in some of the bars if it was'nt for being haselled so much!

Also beware of mozzy bites...makesure you go prepared!

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday in the alkion hotel and would definately go back.

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

good hotel nice price

Reviewed Mon 29th of November 2010

"The wife and i loved the alkyon in mid september most people in the hotel are 40 plus, who on earth complains that they serve you at the table except the people who love the pile it high(and waste it) brigade, the meals were very nice a choice of three starters main course and desert, we paid the 2 euros for the breakfast which was very nice,the hotel and rooms were very acceptable the staff are very good especially ANDREA we came back to our rooms at 12 midnight sat on the balcony drinking coffee and could hear a pin drop(the loud bars are 250 yds away at least(enogh soapboxing)GO TO CORFU TOWN ON A EVENING TRIP WLL WORTH MISSING YOUR DINNER FOR great shopping and to wander through the streets, only down side can be the transfer to sidari at least an hour make sure youve got a drink and some nibbles IN SUMMARY GOOD HOTEL SIDARI LIVELY ENOUGH AND GREAT PEOPLE AND MISSING THE MYTHOS ALREADY"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of November 2010

Fanatastic Holliday at the Alkion

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"excellant service friendly staff fantastic food good entertainment. rooms very clean good room service alround fantastic holiday. will be returning next year"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of October 2010

Reviewed Thu 16th of September 2010

"I spent seven nights at this hotel and could not wait to get home.
The air conditioning unit from the room was away to be repared but no one had informed me of it.
The shower unit could not be attached to the wall- the receptionist was totally unhelpful, and more or less said that not many in the hotel where actually fixed to the wall. Thus the hand held shower soaked the bathroom floor.The bathroom was nothing to pleased with anyway.
The TV was positioned at the top of the wall but there was no remote control.When I asked for one I was treated with contempt and never got one in the end.
The worst part was that the bedroom floor was soaking wet in odd places.For two nights I thought I was imagining it but on the third night I looked under the beds to see water seeping up through the tiles!When reported the receptionist was no way as horrified at the water as I was.The wall at the back of the beds was marked with dampness and another guest had told me they changed rooms because the one they were given first stank.
After trying to be pleasant to the receptionist I felt that I had become a pest to them and was treated with contempt.My friend was 75 yrs old and by the time we realised the water (or maybe sewage) was seeping through the floor, he was too ill to move rooms.
The leak seemed to be fixed 1 day before we left to come home but if you are looking for caring hosts please do not get a room like we had or you may end up thinking water under the bed is acceptable."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of September 2010

August hol at Alkyon

Reviewed Thu 19th of August 2010

"Just got back from Hotel Alykon and had a fantastic time. My husband and our 2 children. Wish I could wash the clothes and go straight back. The place is in central location and near to everything. The hotel itself was lovely, the rooms are basic but i think nearly every hotel is the same. The only drawback is the shower curtain, the floor seems to get wet through if you dont put the shower curtain properly around. We paid for air conditioning in one room only and the children coped well without it in the next room, was not as hot and sweaty as I thought it would be. The pool is great and always could get a sunbed and never had to put towels down at 6 am in the morning. The staff were wonderful, bless them they work hard pleasing people and work 7 days a week. The drawbacks were the breakfast was a bit repetetive in that I like cereal but not cornflakes for 14 days in a row, weetabix and shredded wheat would be nice as an alternative. The meals at night were great though, lots of choice. Snacks around the pool at lunchtime were lovely and full filling. The maids were a bit noise in a morning when cleaning up, but when you have had a couple of beers at night I slept through everything anyway. Would definately go back."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"We have just come back from a 2 week stay at the Alkion Hotel, we have had an amazing time, there were 7 of us, ages ranging from 70 to 7 and everyone enjoyed it, (even the 19 year old), the staff are so friendly and polite,especially Andrea, we had a laugh with her at every meal, the food was excellent, as was the choice.
The pool area was clean and tidy, you could always get a sunbed, even though is was busy. We would definatly go back to the Alkion and recommed it to anyone. The location is superb for beaches and main shopping area, but is also nice and quiet if that is what you want.

Beware of the mozzies, I got bit the 1st night, but we did arrive at 3.30am and the last thing on my mind was repellent, that morning the maid gave us some spray for our room and after that we were fine, sprayed room and selves everynight....."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2010

Ok but a little disappointing

Reviewed Tue 3rd of August 2010

"I wouldn't try to put people off staying here as there are lots of positive reviews but for me it just didn't do it.
First of all I was surprised by the level of noise especially at night where the dreadful bar entertainment pounded noise out until 3.00am! Then the maids seem to start scraping chairs and banging doors very early in the morning...not a place for light sleepers. The extra charge for aircon was annoying but as it happened we managed fine without it. The room itself was ok (small, basic but clean)as was the hotel in general.
Breakfast was poor and repetitive...very limited choice and an extra charge for a cooked breakfast. Evening meals were a lot better and of a good quality.
The hotel was in a pretty good location near the Canal D'Amour area which has a very attractive and rugged coast line and good beaches.
It is also away from the busier bar/entertainment area but just a 5 minute walk.
Hotel staff were fine if asked anything but could've smiled a bit more.
So to sum up...the hotel Alkion is a good hotel if you are not expecting too much but I don't think I would stay there again unless it was for a cheap price.

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Hotels near Alkyon Hotel

Top traveller tips for Alkyon Hotel

• elam by elam

"Loved it, the sea/beaches were clean. We are not beach people but we had to make an exception! "

• elam by elam

"Corfu Town day/night, Dorothea's Corner Restaurant, Sidari "

• A Smith by A Smith

"Lovely location, beautiful beaches. "

• Disappointed Dot by Disappointed Dot

"Don't complain whatever you do. "

• em7070 by em7070

"B.E.D Bar!!!! Madisons Bar, Just taking a pedalo out is brilliant enough "

• sylvia and the welshman by sylvia and the welshman

"Excellant hotel well worth visiting "

• keith pizza by keith pizza

"Nice hotel at a good price "

• lauranroy by lauranroy

"Good area for all ages "

• lauranroy by lauranroy

"theos boat trip and shopping "

• Jjmartman by Jjmartman

"Spend time getting to know the staff as they are very nice people - can have fun while at the resort aswell as outside of the resort. "

• mackems by mackems

"Excellent resort for a chilled holiday "

• Alexandra:) by Alexandra:)

"It has everything you need! "

• Alexandra:) by Alexandra:)

"Corfu town, The Calipso Bar for dining and The excursion to Pelaokitstraza "

• OLD FOGIES by OLD FOGIES

"Book a trip with the tour company by the 3 liitle pigs bar , not Thomsons( a third of the price) "

• HolidayFanatic by HolidayFanatic

"Get out and explore the area. "

• margymop by margymop

"join in the entertainment you will make loads of friends "

• neil5344 by neil5344

"Sunset beach/bar. St Stefanois well worth a visit. A friendly British family run bar "

• Clark by Clark

"Don't expect too much. "

• hhdw2 by hhdw2

"goodb for a single days visit "

• Manda by Manda

"fun, friendly place to stay "

Alkyon Hotel is also called