Good
Good

revisiting

Reviewed 9th January 2014

"We stayed at the Spiros Apartments a couple of years ago for my daughters wedding. We were very pleased how we were looked after by George and Lier who own it, and the cleaner did a fantastic job. These sad people who pick fault should just stick to their posh hotels with no scenery. My daughter and her son have been back a couple of times and we are looking to go back this year. I'm sure the possessives outway the negatives from people so no worries. Carry on with the fantastic work George and Lier we will defiantly see you soon"

• Travel date: 8th January 2014

relaxing holiday

Reviewed 31st October 2011

"Lovely apartment really nice people so welcoming George and Leah the owners and also Ria the lovely maid that put some fresh flower in our room. Limted number of things to do at night due to the time of year as the resort was closing, you will need comfortable shoes if you plan on walking to the beach more than once, also if you plan to go to Sidari town down the nice country lanes. The pool was cold due to the time of year it was warmer in the sea but again this is due to the time of year. Forget the bad comments you see regarding these apartments as this is a low budget holiday if you want FIVE STARS BOOK IT. Also dont forget you are having a holiday in a foreign country so they do have some differant ways of living to us, yes there was a cockeral and dogs but this just added to the character of the area you are stopping in. One other thing either hire a car or bike and see the island as it is very very very beautifull, there are some very lovely little fishing villages and private beaches to discover. "

• Travel date: 29th October 2011

Oct 2011

Reviewed 27th October 2011

"Stayed at these apartments with my friend on a weekd much needed rest. We arrived at midnight and george cooked us something to eat. He showed us to our apartment.. a 2 single bed room overlooking the pool. The apartment was very basic. The beds could have had a better mattress, the kitchen area was very dingy and the shower moved whenever you wanted a shower!. You had to be lucky to get warm water and many a time a cold shower was what you got! Although we didnt intend to do much cooking, the cooker didnt work properly so that was just as well. One recomendation... take fly spray as the place was swarming with the horrible things. The pool could have been cleaner, but on the whole i find it hard to complain as george and leah were very nice people who did their best. Couldnt sit in the bar at night as it was too cold, so we went over the road or in town for a drinnk and a meal. I would go back back would certainly pack some fly spray!!! Cant moan for the money really. Cheap and basic."

• Travel date: 26th October 2011

Ian and Joannes October break

Reviewed 19th October 2011

"My wife and i booked a cheap break this month and stayed at the Spiros, first of all just let my say that George and Leah are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. The rooms were basic but clean and bright,the bar and pool were spotless and even though we were a good 15 mins walk from Sidari it was a lovely place.I would recommend this palce to anyone and after reading some of the negative comments all i can say is if you want a 5 star break then book one yes its basic but such a lovely place with lovely people and cant wait to go back."

• Travel date: 18th October 2011

Best first Holiday we could have asked for!

Reviewed 13th June 2011

"Me and my Boyfriend stayed for a week May 2011 at Spiros and had the most amazing time imaginable. The staff are all so so lovely and will do anything for you, Riah (the cleaner) is especially one of the most lovely ladies I have ever met. The Food in the Bar is gorgeous! The rooms are basic but perfect for the amount of time you spend in them, they're clean and well maintained. The Pool is lovely! Especially nice to go in and cool off when it gets hot! The main strip is around a 15 minute walk from the Hotel and if you walk down on an evening there are Firefly's all around which are beautiful to see! It's all round a beautiful place and we shall definatley be staying again! We'll also miss the other visitors we met in the Hotel during our stay and wish them all the best! "

• Travel date: 7th June 2011

our brilliant holiday .w

Reviewed 8th September 2010

"we have just returned from our holiday!what can i say.these apartments are second to none we have had a brilliant time .I took my daughter and two of her friends .they had a great time and so did i .thanks especialy to george and lia the owners ..and their cleaner riah we shall certainly return again next year.apartments spotless hospitality top rate."

• Travel date: 8th September 2010

Brilliant place! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23rd February 2010

"I don't know what all you bad reveiws are talking about! We have been going to Spiros no 1 for a few years now and it is great! We have never had anything to complain about! We are going back there again this year! Along with many others we have met there over the last few years! The apartment have always been clean! The sheets and towels changed regularly! The food is fantastic and we rarely eat anywhere else! Spiros Vicky Philip and Thomas are a lovely family and will do anything for you! All you have to do is ask! We can't wait till July to go back! "

• Travel date: 23rd February 2010

not no. 1

Reviewed 14th September 2009

"spiros and sons very very friendly,but to the point when anything goes.swearing teenagers taking over the pool with ball games but no problem!!!!! accommodation was very basic, beds had manky duvets on them,thankfully it was too warm to use them. sheets changed day 4 the never again,towels changed after 7 days,then not again. roda is a lovely resort,something for everyone, odysseus fantatic food ,also pizzeria opposite.but generally most places were good food. never known a place to have so many mozzies,go prepared."

• Travel date: 1st September 2009

All Very Greek!

Reviewed 30th July 2009

"Having read the reviews for Spiros 1 after I had booked our holiday I was a little bit concerned by some of the comments. I needn't have worried though. Yes the appartments are basic, not much in the way of crocks and cutlery in the kitchen but hey ho! I didn't intend to do much cooking anyway. The brochure stated it was a one bedroom appartment so I assumed we would have put-you-up beds in the living area, but we had two single beds downstairs and the luxury of a double upstairs. We also had 2 bathrooms! and even a shower curtain in one of them! The uptairs bedroom window needed some attention and the bathroom door lock was a bit iffy but my husband soon took care of that with my nail file! If you pay a lot of money for a holiday you expect tip-top but we did'nt. IMPROVISE, relax and enjoy. OK so things are different at home, but this is Greece and thats the way they are. Take a torch for the walk back from Roda. Visit Smileys Bar for some lively Greek Dancing and delicious cocktails. All the Restaurants we went to were lovely, we did'nt have a favourite. Roda is a lovely friendly village with just enough shops and a nice beach. Hire a boat from the nice man on the beach (but mind the sandbanks) Hire a car for a really good look around the island. Go the Corfu town in the evening for some great shops, people watching and the architecture. Spiros and his family are very helpful and friendly. The pool is lovely and he takes great pride in his pool. We also loved his dog, Lou, who came and saw us when we arrived at No19, and then waited with us until the coach came to pick us up for our journey home. All in all we had a really wonderful holiday. Would we go back? Yes of course we would..."

• Travel date: 29th July 2009

loved it sooo much

Reviewed 28th May 2009

"when myself and my fiancee first got there it was dark and couldnt really see anything as it was 6 in the morning! we didnt rate it that much but to wake up to a lovely morning with a view of the pool and a nice man (SPIROS) said hello and called us down for a a free cold drink and had a chat with us he made us feel at home.It was a stunning place and the pool was stunning the pics u see on the holiday web sites are nothing to the real thing. i have just booked again to go this year cant wait everyone should try it loved ittttttttttttttttttttttttt"

• Travel date: 27th May 2009

We were really disappointed when we arri...

Reviewed 13th August 2008

"We were really disappointed when we arrived at our accommodation, it was dark and dingy, the wardrobes and drawers were smelly and damp so we kept our clothes in our cases for 2 weeks. The whole place was dirty, the sheets were changed twice and when we ran out of loo roll the cleaner did not replace it. Two of the four mattresses were disgusting and i had to hump one up the stairs to change it as i wouldn't let my child sleep on it. the rooms did not have air conditioning (this was my fault, as i usually check before booking and budget for it) so sleeping was really uncomfortable. Despite this we enjoyed our holiday as the people are friendly, the food is great, the service is excellent and the pool is really clean as Spiros prides himself on his clean pool. It' s just a shame that the accommodation is so poor as this is what really lets the place down. We have holidayed in Greece for years but this is the worst place we have stayed. Roda itself is fantastic - friendly and restaurants and bars are excellent and I will visit Roda again, I just won't be staying at Spiro's No1. "

• Travel date: 13th August 2008

We've just returned so I wanted to write...

Reviewed 12th August 2008

"We've just returned so I wanted to write a review while everything was fresh in my mind. Having read and researched thoroughly for this holiday, including the comments on this site, we were really excited about visiting Corfu again after 15 years. All the comments about Spiros' (and other family members) hospitality are true. They are very friendly. However the studio we stayed in was really grotty. My main moan is that our tour operator has charged us an under occupancy supplement. There was me, my husband and my son (aged 8, who I paid for). The room was so small that the door opened onto our bed. You could just about walk between our bed and my sons bed. The balcony was tiny - it had a small table and two chairs, but three of us couldn't sit out there. The one chair in the studio was falling apart and had splinters. The balcony doors kept coming off the tracks so was really dangerous. There was only one power point in the room, so if you had a fan (a necessity) you couldn't plug anything else in. The kitchen was grotty and dirty, as was the bathroom. Our towels and sheets were changed once during our two weeks, and our 'bathroom bin' was only emptied twice. The shower curtain was filthy and mouldy, so much so that you didn't really want it touching you when in the shower. The bathroom flooded every day into the kitchen - yes, I know this is Greece, but this was beyond anything I'd ever seen. We had to use some of our towels to mop up the water. After complaining to the rep our drain was finally unblocked two days before our departure. My son dropped something under his bed and when I crouched down to get it, there were balls of hair, dust and dirt under the bed. I was told by the rep that the other blocks had been refurbished but ours hadn't. Other people were saying they had lovely rooms so I'm guessing that we were just unlucky. We've been staying in the greek islands for over 20 years, so I was under no illusion what to expect. Basic is fine, small is fine. But whee you've got basic, small and filthy all together then it's not on. Sorry Spiros, Mrs Spiros, Thomas and Philip - you were great, but unless you spend some of your money on refurbishing we won't be coming back. "

• Travel date: 12th August 2008

Hotels near Spiros Apartments

Top traveller tips for Spiros Apartments

• by Ann T

"Eating and drinkink around the pool"

• by jojo

"good walking shoes for the nice walk to the beach."

• "Smileys Bar for the dancing. Hire a car for exploring."

• by chris andrews

"spiros no1 where we stayed"

Spiros Apartments is also called