Fotini Apartments

Paleokastritsa 49083 Greece

Views to die for

"Just arrived back from Paleo what an amazing place so beautiful. We spent a week at Fontini Appartments, the most clean pleasent place i've ever stayed, and when i say clean i mean clean. The Fontini family are lovely and see to all your needs, clean towels, sheets changed twice a week ect the people staying there last week June 18th 2012 were all lovely and so friendly.
I would stay here again and would recomend it to friends. There is a hill to climb but if you take it slow its managable and if you ask they may even pick you up at the bottom and give you a lift up, we had the offer however never used it.There pool is lush and worth diving in after the walk up the hill.All rooms have sea views and what views there amazing and make the hill worth the walk. "

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2012

Wonderful views, staff very friendly and helpful

Good

"We stayed here for a week, room was basic but clean with adequate storage for clothes. View from the balcony was beautiful. Easy access to Corfu town. Plenty of coves to try out if you like to go to different place each day. The hill was bigger than we imagined but the view was worth it. They arrange a truck for the luggage so you only have to get yourself up and down the hill. They arranged some evening entertainment which was fun as we got on well with the other guests. Would definitely recommend the Fotini to anyone looking for a quieter holiday and a Greek experience."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2011

Ignore negative reviews

Good

"Just arrived back from a week at the Fotini apartments in Paleokastritsa. Yes there is a hill, yes it is a bit of a struggle, particularly the bit by the Angel pool bar, but if you take it slow and enjoy the views on the way up, its doable. Fotini is very nice, very helpful, and works extremely hard, have read some negative reviews, some thinking that Fotini is the dad, but dad obviously works all day somewhere else, and Fotini is the main person there, together with her sister. Grandma is the most hard working woman you could hope to see, she works from morning to night and puts all of us brits in the shade. The weather was not great, 24 hours of torrential rain one day, but still got a tan. Paleo is gorgeous, Nausica taverna is great, food much more than you can eat, particlarly on barbecue night, and really lovely people there. Triada beach is fab, lovely beach bar there and great snacks. "

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

Fab relaxing holiday

"We have just returned from a week in Paleo at the end of August2010 staying at the Fotini Complex, We booked this only 10days before we went and I was not expecting much, (was I wrong). This place was the quietist,cleanest most welcoming place you could wish for. It is run by Fotini and Korina(sisters) and mum and grandma they are lovely and nothing is to much for them(they stay up all night to wait for new arrivals and still open the bar for breakfast by 9am. You can eat there all day long if you wish the little heart biscuits were a great hit with my daughter and the bar stays open until you want to leave again what ever the time. The pool and bar are not massive but big enough and that makes this such a lovely place to go to chill out, I will not lye to you the hill is a long way up but once you are there the views are amazing and it does get easier "

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

fantastic holiday ever

"early this month i went fontini complex ,on my own for well deseved rest,even though my plane was delayed by hours,katrina stayed up to help with cases and was still up at 7 oclock still waiting for yet delayed flight.tired she was but her and fotini her sis and mum and granma,were up working like horses.nothing was to much for them ,thay tired me out watching them,i went lonely and single,came home with a family and freinds i would not of met in this country,a freind i met their ,and family at complex ,treated me to a surpise birthday party that would put most english people to shame.the weather fantastic,family the most happy ,hard working loveing,gentle ,freindly,people i have ever met,the people that were their on their hols to are now my freinds,and keep in touch,im going back next year to see my new family and freinds.because thay made me feel like i was family,and the hill you can get up it ,and come home with toned leggs and bums,haha"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2010

Best Holiday ever

"My holiday in Corfu was the best i've ever had. It was my first holiday away with my boyfriend and after we saw some of the reviews for Fotini Complex, we were unsure of what to expect - so i'm going to clear a few things up.
The apartments are family ran and are better than i ever expected. In my experiance, a self-catering apartment is just that - you bring your own things, cook your own food, do your own cleaning, etc. But these apartments are cleaned 3-4 times a week with new fresh towels put in and new bed sheets. As a studio apartment, it's what you expect; a large room with 2 single beds, balcony with GORGEOUS views and table and chairs, kitchenette with fridge/freezer and hob to cook and a bathroom with shower.
Fotini (or her sister Karina) is ALWAYS there and very happy to help. When we needed an iron, she offered for her mum to brings hers up to us and gave loads of recommendations for restaurants when we asked. The whole family is so friendly and they even have a bird that talks to you!
The hill, despite what some people say, is perfectly fine unless you have very small children, or suffer walking difficulties. My boyfriend and I are in our twenties and would have walked up it in around 5-7 minutes (unless we'd been out for a few drinks then sometimes more!) In general, unless you are COMPLETELY unfit, you can walk this hill in about 10 minutes. The only thing there would be a problem with is carrying your bag uphill...which is no problem as Fotini came to pick us up at the bottom of the hill with a van when we landed, and Korina took them back down when we left.
Olympic holidays were fantastic tour operators - i didn't ecpect much for a budget holiday but the flights were comfy and had a meal included, we had a great rep (Soul) and they had lots of things organised for you to take part in if you wished. I recommend taking a trip to old Corfu town - so beautiful!
Paleo is beautiful, such breath taking views you cannot imagine! Beaches are mostly pebble but we hired a quad bike of George Michealas (bottom of hill and relatives of Fotini - gave us discount when we said we stayed there!)and it was about 40mins to a nice sandy one. Food is delicious - best place is Nerieds, every Tue and Sat they have greek nights with music and dancing which are brilliant! - and so well priced! Huge portions though so don't eat as much as you would at home!
All in all brilliant holiday - will book with Olympic again and would recommend the Fotini to everyone!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of August 2009

mrs jo hardy

"we visited the fotini complex in july. The worst part of this hotel is the hill upto the top, when people say it is not suitable for people with heart conitions, what they mean is this is not suitable for any person other than those capable of running a marathon! it is extremely painful and exhausing, not exactly the relaxing holiday u would hope for staying at a beautiful resort of paleo.

The hotel staff are extremely rude and ill manored they spend most of the time sitting at the rather dated bar watching the guests getting in and out of the pool often talking about you as your walking past. FOTINI himself you never see that much of other than at night when he is more interested in getting drunk then entertaining his guests.

As for the two daughters i found them rather rude and poorly flirtatious... they attempt to flirt with them men around the pool on a number of occasions much to their girlfriends disgust!

I would highly recomend you do not choose to stay at this shed of a hotel, instead you should try the similirly priced oceanis otel just a short walk down the round from the entrance to the fotini hill hike! Hear you will find very pleasant staff a lovely pool area over looking one of the five bays at paleo along with a lovely room and balcony area.

i give this hotel a 2/10 1 for paleo its self and 2 for the amazing whether that we had during our stay"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2008

We have just returned from an excellent...

"We have just returned from an excellent 2 week stay at the Fotini Complex in Paleo.

The studios were basic but more than adequate, very clean, & towels, bedding changed on a regular basis. They are in a great location.

The whole family work very hard & contrary to the previous report "Fotini" is a she - one of the daughters who (along with her sister Corina) is there from early morning cleaning the pool to the bar late at night. The father is not there during the day as he does have a job to go to!!!

We too had an early morning arrival but it is worth it for the view you get when you open your shutters the following day - beautiful.

We had a late flight home but simply left the suitcases by the bar & when we were ready to leave dad took them down the hill for us in the truck.

I'm not going to pretend the hill doesn't exist it does. No - I won't say it's an easy climb (this is from an unfit office worker, who does no exercise) but I could cope with it. Just stop for a couple of times on the way up & admire the view. Remember, if you didn't have the hill, the studios wouldn't have that fantastic view & you'll be up it in 5 minutes when there'll be an ice cold glass of Mythos waiting for you at the bar......

Paleo is an excellent resort, should we decide to return to Corfu we would definately return to the Fotini again."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

we stayed at the fontini in june we had...

"we stayed at the fontini in june we had a grate time their
fontini and her family who look after the guests are so freindly and can not do enough for you
the pool is THE cleanest pool ever fontini cleans the pool every morning with out fail
our room was very clean and fresh
the view from our balcony is spectacula to say the least looking down in to the bay
it was that good their and the walk up and down the hill has told us to book again for 22 september this year
must see the la'grotta just at the bottom of the walk down the hill

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2008

Brilliant but a few problems. When we f...

"Brilliant but a few problems.

When we first arrived it was 4:00am roughly, and when the rep arrived to ferry us up he sprung the supprise on us that we were lugging our cases up ourselves... which to be honest was blooming rediculous when we found he'd rang up 6 times to someone who was later found in the bar! Which was probably why he couldn't be bothered to pick up, because he was probably drunk.

Why the rep wasn't nice enough to drive our cases up shows he couldn't be arsed I feel. The rep himself decided to walk off from me and my girlfriend AND the other couple, whose husband at least managed to keep up. My girlfriend and the other couples wife (I assume) were cursing like sailors...

Anyway, the following morning was absolutely lovely. I opened the curtains to a view which was breath taking. I mean it. We were in room 12 (far right, 2nd floor from entrance)

We went down the cloest supermarket which was at the bottom of the hill, which is NOT 10 minutes. Yes maybe on the way down when you're used to it but not at the begining unless you're Steve Austin. We came back up and everyone was starrin gat us, probably because we were sweaty. Anyway, later that week we found out that most of the guests who were kissing the owners arses were getting lifts left, right and centre!

Anyway, the supermarket was good, not massive, but if you go to the main road and go left to Supermarket Helen or right (I can't remember what it was called) are really good and big. If you're a picky bugger there are English products, but seriously get the Greek stuff and save yourself some money!

Now one bar I would tell you to go was called Bar Unlimit, at the bottom of the hill you're walking up and down. It was lovely, they had English food if you're looking for something normal for yourself - but try the Greek traditional food. Kleftiko, mousaka (sorry I don't know how to spell it) and sifrito are served there, so try them. For goodness sake try them.

If you turn left at the main road instead and keep going for 10 - 15 minutes, you'll get to a BIG turn and there's a hotel up the road, litte shop on the left and a resturant to the right. The resturant there is also brilliant. I had slouvaki and my girlfriend had steak. The next time we went we both had steaks. Yum!

I would disagree that Fotini was there 24/7 because I never saw him ONCE in the daytime, I saw his daughters there nearly every minute of the day bless.

We pretty much stayed up at the pool for the week, except for the odd few days. We took a walk to the monastary - which took us about 1hour at about 8:00am. Now that ws worth it, as the roads were empty to walk up and the views were gorgeous! Drinks up there are expensive (2 small cokes cost €5) but you can get bottles of water at the bottom quite cheap.

We also went to one of the more popular bays, which was heaving by 11 o'clock so we left. I was annoyed at the fact everywhere you entered the sea there were flipping pedalos and boats etc. That kind of wrecked the sea, but the marine life was brilliant!

Anyway, the bar wasn't too bad, Cocktails were well priced, and the food was scrumptious - I'd suggest you try the crepes... the tuna one was best :)

Air conditioning in the main building cost us about €7.50 per night, so it wasn't so bad. We decided to have it because like silly people we were so tired one night we forgot to put the mozzy plugs in. We got bit a lot. The shop at the bottom of the road I've previously mentioned sell some bite stuff for about €5 and it is VERY worth it.

When leaving we had to be out for 12 midday. Which was a problem when we had to be picked up at 00:05... crazy! We got told we could leave our cases at the bar or at the Moody Blue Bar. Leaving our cases at the bar meant ours would have been next to the bar outsid in the middle of the dust path to the car park...

The Moody Blue Bar was a bit better, but the stupid rep failed to mention the bar doesn't open until 7:30pm so when we arrived at 11:45am we were pee'd off to say the least. So we went to Bar Unlimit - were we'd got a bit more pally with, so they were fine with us leaving our cases there. The were lovely there and really friendly.

In the afternoons there is a breeze which is welcoming, unfortunately it dies off at late night lol. So I'd advise air con'.

Anyway, if you've read it I hope you find it useful. The hotel wasn't great, the weather and views were worth it."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of August 2008

We stayed at the Fotini Annex for a week...

"We stayed at the Fotini Annex for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The view was absolutely amazing which made the steep walk up to the complex bearable.
The family were always available and bent over backwards to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible; any problems were solved almost immediately. Food and cocktails very reasonable and good quality although there are many lovley restaurants not far from them.

The pool was adequate for the complex and really suited the quiet, peaceful area. Would definitely stay there again as it fulfilled our relaxing criteria."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

After walking up the 10min hill, I thoug...

"After walking up the 10min hill, I thought I can’t do this everyday! But when we saw the view from are apartment it was more than worth it, and the hill gets easier everyday! I can’t describe how friendly the family that run it are, you have Fotini, Korena and Speros who never seem to have a day off and work all hours! With mum and Nan there all day to it’s a welcome change to what you normally get when on holiday. They are so welcoming and friendly it made are holiday. The Olympic rep Joe was very helpful and welcoming as well. The resort is beautiful; there are many coves and beaches to visit with stunning scenery. You must visit Nereds restaurant, although the services was a little slow it did not matter the meal was wonderful. Also Speros`s family own a tavern next to the harbour, Limani, was a wonderful place to eat and I’d recommend that to. If your looking for a cheaper place to eat visit the grill house on the right hand side next to the shop, we ate there a few times, serving great food at good value, about E15.00 altogether for 2. I recommend you get your snorkels and go down to one of the beaches and check out the deep sea, although a little cold it’s very refreshing! You must visit one of the Greek nights, either with Olympic (although a little expensive but we had loads of fun!) or in one of the taverns. The resort is very quiet and a great place to go if your after a relaxing care free holiday, we could not have picked a better complex to stay in. Speros even took us out on his boat one afternoon to visit one of the beaches, he left us there for a few hours and picked us back up, where I became captain of the sea and drove his boat!! Although he would not let me park it!!! You will NOT be able to find a better more friendly place to stay that will keep you going back time and time again."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2008

Hotels near Fotini Apartments

Stayed at Fotini Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Fotini Apartments

• skelly by skelly

"Nerieds restaurant is amazing! Great food, great price and great people "

• juanita by juanita

"fantastic ,freindly,happy holiday "

• The Pontings by The Pontings

"I would go back tomorrow I am so chilled. "

• Kim B by Kim B

"relaxation is the key to Fontini's with the best views of Paleo "

Fotini Apartments is also called