About Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments

Good
Good

Dissopointed a little

Reviewed Tue 5th of August 2014

"It was very important time for me to spend three days Greek island. But I lost two days for choosing wrong place to stay. This place is not bad but it wasn't good for my work. I am a blogger and for a research I was there. I just lost someways. Maybe next time will stay another resort."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of August 2014

The perfect holiday

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2011

"My boyfriend and I booked our holiday last minute and didn't know anything about the area or the hotel we would be in in Corfu. We were very afraid after the flight being full of drunken youngsters that we would end up in Kavos or a horribly English orientated place. We were so relieved when we got on a minibus with just a handful of more 'mature' people and when we arrived at the hotel we were warmly welcomed. Our room was spotless and massive. We didn't really want to pay for aircon so we braved the heat of the nights (we gave in 2 days before the end and it cost 18Euros so I recommend just paying the 50Euros for the week and being done with it, its definitely worth it).

The rep said the beach was 20mins away and I thought this would be a pain but actually its more like 10minutes and the walk is really nice with great views and mostly flat ground so not hard at all.

Messonggi is beautiful, an old fishermans village and not too many bars (no nightclubs) and a load of great restaurants. Our favourite was To Maraki. The food is great and Yannis and his wife who run it are lovely.
Another must is George's restaurant which is near the hotel.

The beach is beautiful with the long jetty and a couple of little fishing boats. We went in june and it was very very quiet. Exactly what we were looking for. There were quite a few English, German and Greek visitors but it wasn't crowded so it never felt overbearing.
We met some lovely people there, Spiros, Voula and their son Yannis were really nice and helpful and we enjoyed the Greek BBQ night very much even though we'd had reservations about the karaoke we ended up having a good laugh with the other guests.

We hired a car through Olympic and we got a free night in another Olympic hotel if we hired for 2 days. This meant we got to see most of the island, including driving through lots of little villages in the hills which was the best part. I totally recommend doing this.
From all the places on the island we saw we felt that Messongi was by far the best, the quietest, the least and the most relaxing atmosphere.

We'd go back tomorrow if we could and we would stay in the same hotel for sure, everything about our holiday was perfect.

Thanks Spiros, Voula, Yannis and Olympic!!!

Emma and Matt x"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2011

Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments

Reviewed Wed 8th of September 2010

"This is a nice and quiet location however we did have some negative feedback
Tiny pool with major restrictions(No Diving, No Jumping)
what a joke!
Dustbin men come and wake you up every day at 5:00am emptying bottles for recycling what a racket!!!!!
Spiros has cameras linked to a massive 42" Plasma screen
just in case you pinch his crisps just like Colditz!!
Spiros is a misserable so and so and depressed us all!!!!
Don't buy his tea it tastes of nothing and he charges
2 euros and 30 cents for it, most expensive in resort"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2010

holidays are what you make them

Reviewed Thu 2nd of September 2010

"My family have just spent a weeks holiday at Kerkyra Island Apartments and can highly recommend both the resort and the people. Spiros might come across a bit stern but after spending more time with him he was a really cool guy. He and his family made us all very welcome and the resort was far better and much improved than the ones mentioned in previous reviews. The room is spacious, the bathroom was perfect for our needs. We had 3 rooms and each had airconditioning, this is an additional cost to your holiday however. BUT NECESSARY .. Corfu is a green island so you must accept the mossies and wasps we managed to cope and if you cant then I suggest you wander to the beach which is a mix of shingle and sand .. more sand though. We had amazing days on the beach.. Messongi has wonderful restaurants one in particular is on the beach in messongi .. right at the end of the beach near the river. food and hospitality very good and price just right too.

The best restaurant was George and Elena's right round the corner from the resort. Resorts food is good too. especially on BBQ night. Greek night is an absolute must. such good fun even got my 22yr son up dancing .. DO NOT MISS.

The pool is fab, beautifully clean, Facilities are great, Island is beautiful and people warm and friendly and as for the weather .. cannot be topped ..

I would definately recommend this hotel - go and decide for yourself..

The only reason it didnt get a 10 .. is coz I dont like putting loo roll in the bin haha .. Corfu needs to work on its pumbing ..

Thanks to Spiros and his family we had a blast.. "

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

Wee Miss You !

Reviewed Wed 8th of July 2009

"we stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and i have never met such a lovely bunch of people so welcoming .. when we arrived spiros picked us up from a hotel in the town and drove us up to the kerkyra island hotel were we were greeted by other people staying there and his lovely wife voula !
we were showned to our rooms which were very nice and comfortable.. then headed back to the main part of the hotel for a drink ..

during our stay we got very friendly with voula and spiros.. we had great laughs and fun nights together.. we were very sad to leave as if it was for voula and spiros out holiday wouldnt of been as fun !!

i would recommend this hotel for anyone who si wanting to visit corfu as they will really enjoy themselves !!

thank you spiros and voula !

hope to visit you all again soon

Colena , Candice , michelle, mark and jason ! "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Just back from two weeks staying in Kerk...

Reviewed Sat 13th of September 2008

"Just back from two weeks staying in Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments in Messonghi, our stay was marred by the noise that mainly came from the hotel next door the Loullas Village. This excess noise is the most we have ever encountered in many years of traveling to all parts of Europe, why do hotels turn the music and even worse the dreaded karaoke sound up at 1.30 of the morning ,this happened on at least 4 occasions, plus other nights with loud music.
Our room in the Kerkyra Island was large and well equipped including toaster and kettle but no air con ( some rooms do have air con but not all ) but hand towels not provided unless you ask for them and only changed three times in 2 week plus no tea towels at all. The owners wife is far to pushy trying all the while to get you to part with money for things like the over priced Greek Night.
Swimming pool area is also nice but most people got stung by the many wasps and all guests get bitten by the mossies so make sure you have loads of bite creams.
Weather in early September was a lot hotter than we were expecting and this made the 15 Min's walk to the beach a lot harder to do every day but at least you did not get the wasps so much on the beach, water is good quality and safe to swim/paddle in.
Well worth a walk up to Chlomas village and please call in to one of the tavernas for a cooling drink as the views cover both coasts are well worth looking at.
In the area around the hotel are 3 good eating places, the average price for a meal for 2 with a starter and wine came to about 30 Euros.
We will not be going back to this hotel as we like to sleep and not listen to music at 4 in the morning.

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

It would be hard to fault this family or...

Reviewed Sun 31st of August 2008

"It would be hard to fault this family orientated hotel. I took myself and my daughter for a weeks break, and was immensly impressed by the overall standard to be found at the Kerkyra Island Hotel. I would defy any hotels out there, with a greater star rating to be able to compete and excell the Kerkyra for its friendlyness and more so; it's cleanliness. Why therefore, only 9 out of 10? As I say, it would be hard to fault, but if there were areas, and I ferevently state; they are small, it would be the realative hardness of the matresses on the beds, the sheets could do with softening, it would be a welcome sight to find a complimentary bottle of chilled water in the fridge upon arrival; as I has found upon my travels in recents years, so as to quench a thirst after a long and hot jouney. I would recomend this hotel unreservedly, and as a foot note, seek out and eat at George's Taverna down the road where you will receive superb food, and a service that deserves 5 stars."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

This hotel is superb. It is run by Spiro...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"This hotel is superb. It is run by Spiros and Veula, who are two of the nicest, hard working and accomodating people that you will ever meet. The hotel throughout is very clean and well maintained. I have read the one negative comment on this site and all I can say is "you just cant please some people". The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the centre of messonghi, which is along a road which provides great views along the coast to Corfu town.
There are three eating places within 50 metres of the hotel, (Fishermans haunt, Georges and the Taverna Dionysis). The food in these places matches top resturants in the Uk at a third of the price, plus the owners and staff actually give you the time of day, not like back in the UK where all they are after is your money.

The pool and surrounding area is brilliant for kids. My 12 year old son, played with other kids in the pool for 6 hours a day, which left my wife and I to relax in piece. Also, the Greek night is highly recommended for fun and games. However, it is not for the shy as you are likely to be pulled up onto the dance floor by the Greek dancers.

I would also recommend a trip to Corfu's Aquapark for a great day out.

If it is a relaxing family holiday that you are after. Then this hotel is ideal. I can see why most of the other holiday makers are repeat customers of the hotel. We will be back next year.

Scott Callan - The baldylum"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

at the start when we was being transport...

Reviewed Thu 31st of July 2008

"at the start when we was being transported from the airport in corfu, we was a bit cautious...
going up a big hill is a bit weird when you were told you were 250m from the beach.
but when we got there we had the time of our lifes!
spiros and his wife and his son yannis were great fun and i met alot of freinds there.
there always great fun at kerkyra island hotel and i am going to be visiting here this year also.
the food is great like everything here.
and i advise everyone to go here!!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2008

Weve been to the same hotel for the past...

Reviewed Sun 20th of July 2008

"Weve been to the same hotel for the past two years, this being our third time and not once have we had a bad holiday. Each holiday has been exciting, and although Messonghi isnt huge, theres always been something else to doo. Spiros and voula and Yannis have always been welcoming and kind. :)
Cant wait for this years hols there !! "

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 we...

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks.
We got there early in the morning, and our first impressions were good, Spiros was friendly and picked us up from another hotel and took us up to where we were staying. When we got there we were pushed aside so the other people (who have stayed before) were sorted out. I personally felt they did not show any interest in new travellers, so that irritated me.
I was then confronted by Spiros about an email, i had stated that i MIGHT require air con whilst staying there but had not confirmed it, however, he was sure i had said i had wanted it, he then scanned through his copy of the email for a few minutes, only for me to prove him wrong as he never found those words. When we finally were shown to our room, i have to admit i was impressed, it was alot bigger than i thought. However, it was fairly dated and the bathroom was a total mess, there were insects everywhere, most of which were dead in the bath. We went to complain about this later on and they reccommended that we buy some spray that kills them, of which didnt come cheaply. Water and electric went off many times throughout our stay, no warning, as there was no electric our food in the fridge was ruined.
Food available there was a disgrace, i got ill from eating the cod and chips. My boyfriend had a burger which was obviously made in the microwave, we heard it ping many times, and his bread was rock hard. The location is fine if you want to just laze around the pool all day, it is that far out from anywhere that its terrible if you do not drive. However, two minutes away from the apartments was a restuarant,the fishermans, which served excellent food, however when were chose a chicken dish we were attacked by atleast 10 flies and 3 wasps, we moved away from the table and he offered us greek coffee, this of which i feel he should of given us before we ate our meal. We still had to pay full price for the meal, despite the fact i hadn't even ate half of it, we never went back there again.
On our last day, at around 10:30am i went to the bar to get a drink only to be told we had to be out of our room at 12:00, and that the maid should have told us, this of which seemed odd as the maid didnt even speak english! 25 euro's to stay in our room for the rest of the day, i chose not to pay, they got enough money out of us on our holiday. We had nothing to do for the majority of the day, it was too hot to walk anywhere and so from 12:00 until 1:45 in the morning we were stuck in the bar, this i feel is disgusting. I paid for the room for 14 days not 13! Made the last day miserable. To top it off when we got the airport we were made to que outside for over an hour, when we got on the plane we weren't even seated together, this of which we were told when booking the holiday not to worry about.

Do not reccommend staying here at all, unless you want to stay with money grabbing owners.
We are never going to travel with Olympic again, poor service. Other than our rep Matt, he was polite and helpful. "

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

My mum and i went, having been to corfu...

Reviewed Sun 13th of April 2008

"My mum and i went, having been to corfu a few times before we knew the weather would be great but knew nothing of Messonghi. instantly we were made to feel welcome by Voula and Spiros, they are probably two of the nicest, kindest hoteliers around, anything you wanted to know about or anything you needed was no trouble at all, even spot on directions to the shops we needed in Corfu town, this beats any travel rep around!

The rooms were spotless, the poolside area was great and the themed nights they have are one to experience, especially the greek night! (danicing around with a table in your mouth, you get some great pictures!) The Location is spot on for pure relaxation, within a day your stress just melts and the walk is fine, and the locals are so friendly and welcoming.

This was one truely relaxing holiday, within a day of getting home we booked to go again, this time taking the rest of the family with us. (we've been on a countdown ever since!)"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

Hotels near Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments

Top traveller tips for Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments

• Colena by Colena

"It is a lovely place to visit and the people are very welcoming "

• Colena by Colena

"Rose Garden and the events that happened in the hotel such as greek night and karaoke "

• SamiLou by SamiLou

"warm, welcoming definate return visit "

• Ethan R by Ethan R

"Your services should be better. "

Kerkyra Island Studio Apartments is also called