Good

Building Site In The Sun.

Reviewed 10 months ago

"Arrived I at this Hotel after a cruise round the Greek Isles, To say I was disappointed with what I witnessed on the week I was there was an under statement. My anger is directed at Tui as a Holiday Company as they should not be putting Guest in this situation. They were quick enough to take our money, and yet not inform anybody that there was to be refurbishment work on going at the time. Painters, Gardeners, Joiners, Labourers going about for the 7 days we were there, Only 2 Restaurants out of 7 available for the duration of our stay,Pool with no Water (for 4 Days). No Spa, No Gym, Tennis Court being used as a Car Park and General work area. I will say the Hotel staff were more than helpful, I can see that this would /will be a beautiful Hotel when all work is complete, but it still did not take away from the fact that the Hotel was not ready for Customers. First and last time in Corfu after this experience. Once again Very Very Disappointed with the way Tui have handled the situation."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2018

Warning Need to be a MILLIONAIR

Reviewed Fri 28th of August 2009

"Visited this hotel following the Pearls of the Aegean cruise. The hotel reception is very plush and is 5 star looking. The rest of the hotel is at best 3 star with unbelieveable prices for water and soft drinks ie water 3.80 Euro small bottle,small coca cola 3.90, coffee 5.40 and so on. Wine was approx 28 plus.A bowl of soup in the second restraunt was 13. The bedrooms were very poorly decorated, the beds third world two singles pushed together. The bathroom is best explained by the toilet paper and towels to be kind I would not give it to my enemies. I have been all over the world staying in 3-5 star hotels enjoying a bottle of wine and a hot meal.But very very disappointed and fell robbed of my hard earned cash. Not an hotel for normal Brits."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of August 2009

Just returned from spending two weeks at...

Reviewed Sat 29th of September 2007

"Just returned from spending two weeks at The Imperial, wish I was there now!

Absolutely beautiful situation, totally away from it all, which I consider being a good thing. Staff were fantastic. Food in the main dining room was OK, food in the ala carte excellent with great service and ambiance.

Don’t bother upgrading to a bungalow; ours was awful and we moved straight into the hotel. Our last two nights we hired the dream villa, very nice, but pricey at 3600 euros per night; ask for a deal we only paid 400 euros for two nights!

Lovely evenings were spent watching the low key, but very nice entertainment.

Overall fantastic holiday; drinks pricey, hotel may need a facelift but there was just something about this place that I miss already. We will be visiting again soon. (But not with Sovereign we saw the rep TWICE and our only complaint was not dealt with!).

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

I have just returned from the best summe...

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"I have just returned from the best summer break I have ever had.

This hotel is absolutely stunning and from the moment you arrive in your taxi you can just relax and enjoy the views, beaches, pool, food and wonderful atmosphere.

I had a room on the 5th floor and the views from the balcony took my breath away. If you want a quiet, relaxing holiday with the 5 star touch then the Imperial is for you.

It is a little remote so take advantage of the free hotel bus to Corfu Town or hop in a taxi (25 euros to Corfu Town). Thomson run a good trip programme and I can thoroughly recommend the 2 island cruise to Paxos and Anti Paxos.

I will definitely be returning to this hotel!

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Enjoyable but unjustifiably expensive....

Reviewed Wed 22nd of November 2006

"Enjoyable but unjustifiably expensive.

Thomson information failed to advise NO family rooms in hotel but ONLY in bungalows, some of which were some distance from hotel and facilities making carrying kids stuff a chore, without hotel lifts and without genuine sea views as promised.

Prices at pool and beach bars certainly exploited captive audience. Buffet food good but evening entertainment limited and not up to the level of the drink prices.

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of November 2006

We were a family of four adults and one...

Reviewed Wed 28th of June 2006

"We were a family of four adults and one infant aged 18mths.

All we can describe this hotel as is 'superb'. Its staff and the service was 1st class rate of excellence. The staff were polite, courteous, helpful and friendly. From the moment you arrive through their door you don't lift a finger and everywhere was so clean!

Food was superb (don't go if you don't want to put on weight ha ha ha). A wide variety of everything, fruit, salads, meat and anything else you require at breakfast, dinner and evening meal!

Pool is of excellent size and the sun beds are comfortable too. The hotel has it's own sections of beaches which were very, very clean.

Although it is little isolated, it has two benefits one if you want to chill out this is the place to be but you can also either get the free bus from the hotel twice a day into Corfu town or get a taxi anywhere you want to go at very little cost.

We as a family would highly recommend this hotel/island to anyone of any age."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of June 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We stayed at the Corfu Imperial with my wife for a week at the end of August 2005. We enjoyed our stay in Corfu tremendously (it is a beautiful island) and this was due, to a large degree, to the hotel we stayed in. I agree that the rooms are in need of refurbishment. We booked a main building room but on arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite. Although large and comfortable the feeling you got was that this was a great room in 1985. Apart from that though everything else was perfect. The food (we tried only breakfast and lunch at the pool) was excellent, especially breakfast. The service (front desk, beach bar, restaurant) was by far the best we encountered in Europe (Europeans will never offer the service you get in the Far East). Everybody was very helpful in a very friendly way. The sandy beaches (the hotel has 3 private ones) were beautiful and relaxing. The location and the view... WOW! Have to see it to believe it.

Overall a great hotel. I never wrote a review about a hotel before but I felt I had to after my stay at the Corfu Imperial. If only they could refurbish the rooms as well..."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

Not a 5 star hotel!!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed at the GRECOTEL IMPERIAL at the end of AUGUST 05 and were very dissapointed. At the time of booking, we reqested a double room in the main building of the hotel.When we arrived however,we were shown to a Garden room suitable for a family of 4.
THE standard of this room was most definitely NOT 5 STAR-3 STAR AT BEST!
We immediately returned to reception and expressed our disapointment.They did show us to a slightly better room with the promise of a move into the main building on the following Monday, 3 days after our arrival.We insisted that this was not good enough and eventually we were upgraded to a "superior" garden room at no extra cost.(Originally we were quoted 100 Euro per night)
This "Superior" room was at best 4 star standard but as with the previous rooms,the decor was tired and shabby and the bathroom had rust round the taps in the sink and the shower and several cracked tiles.
This is a very large hotel and with all the additional bungalows,if the hotel is fully booked then basically its at over-capacity-there are not enough loungers at the pool and as a result there is the tendency for guests to go down to the pool very early in the morning, leave a towel on a lounger and hogg it for the rest of the day! We managed to spend half of an afternoon at the pool and I almost found myself adopting everyone else's mentatilty!On amore positive note, the food was excellent and varied (although with so many guests there can be a bit of a scrum at breakfast) and , as were upgraded, we did have our own private jetty to sunbathe on and the scenery is out of this world.
To summarise, if you are used to 5 star accomadation in Spain,Portugal etc then you will be dissapointed."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2005

We have visited this hotel each year sin...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We have visited this hotel each year since 1997, each year Grecotel have added something new or changed a feature slightly, all for the better!

It rates as one of our favourite hotels, I agree about the isolation, but for us, this is one of the major charms; once you step out of your arrival taxi, you need never see another road until home time!

The hotel has stunning views across to Corfu Town, Albania and up the NE coast of Corfu as far as the Nissaki Beach Hotel. Hiring a boat from the next bay (Eva Palace) is a delight, travel up the NE coast discovering little coves unseen from the road and sampling fabulous food at beach Tavernas (for instance at Taverna Agni).

The food at the Imperial is first class, there really is something for everyone, and for a special occasion the A La Carte restaurant is well worth that little bit extra.

A helpful note for Mr & Mrs Shepherd - don’t walk back to your room; you will find toilets up by the pool.."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

good but expensive

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We were very lucky to get a free upgrade to a garden suite because our room was not ready. This was fabulous as it was so much bigger and had a seperate lounge area. The food was varied and superb-it catered for all tastes. One of our party is wheat intolerant and still managed to have a loads of choice.There were aprox 40 different salads and 20 hot mealson the buffet menu. In addition you can opt for a waitered main course with a set meal.
The pool was cool but clean altho some of the German guests did the usual saving of the lilos and did not return until late afternoon. If you dared to move their stuff you received a massive barrage of abuse. We saw an elderly, disabled man bodily removed from one of the loungers onto an old chair.
The only downside was that the cost of soft drinks and lunch food. At £2.00 for a litre of water it soon mounted up. Obviously things are much cheaper outside in Corfu Town but you needed to hire a car or travel on the local bus-aprox half hour journey.
The highlight of the holiday was the boat trip aound the islands-arranged by Thompsons on Capt Theos boat .What a fab day out!
This is a lovely Hotel if you want complete relaxation but if you are on a budget this is not the place to go."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2005

Very dissapointed

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"The common areas was excellent but the bungallows we were stayed in were like a third category one. The bathroom was terrible and you had to keep all the time the window open because the room hand always the disgusting smell of the pipes.We pay for this room 268 euros (breakfast included) per night. Too much for such quality of the room. We make it clear from the first day but nobody responde to us. Finally the director of the hotel apologized to us when we have allready returned home.Tsianas Family from Greece"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

Excellent.....and expensive

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"This is the second Grecotel that we have stayed in - last year we spent 2 weeks in the Gercotel Elounda Hotel in Crete. Although more expensive than its Cretan sister, the Grecotel Corfu Imperial in our view did not have the same sense of atmosphere, homliness or value for money. The Grecoptel Corfu Imperial is very large - I would have thought about 150 plus bedrooms and a new Grecotel (The Eva Palace) is nearing completion right beside it which will make this a truly vast complex. We stayed in one of the bunglaows for a week in June 2005 (we were a party of 3 - husband, wife and son). Depending on the size of your party, I would strongly recommend opting for a bunglaow over a bedroom. The bungalow we used slept 3 very comfortably - 4 at a push. It had a really superb (East facing) view of the ocean and also it's own jetty which was shared with one or two other bunglaows/villas so it was very private. The staff in the hotel were very friendly but, we found the food mediocre in quality and not very good value for a 5 star hotel (for example, a mediocre set buffet dinner at €50+ per person seemed a little excessive to say the least). Geograpgically, the hotel is a little reomte from Corfu town (15Kms) but that's a plus not a negative for some. As far as Corfu in general is concerned, having done a fair amount of travelling in the Greek Isles, we found in genral that Corfu is relatively more expenive, has a far less developed infrastructure (e.g. poor roads, totally chaotic airport) and is not quite as tourist friendly as we would have hoped for. Perhaps we were just too early in the Season. We'll try again soon !"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2005