Trabukos Studios and Apartments

Kavos, Kavos 200 04 Greece

Brill location

"Stayed at this hotel twice last year and I would go back. The accommodation is very basic but this is exactly to be expected in a Club 1830 property. The location could not be any better, literally one the strip and the beach.... would be my first choice from the Club brochure for a stay in Kavos."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Trabukos - It depends what you want from accommodation

"Firstly to put these studios in to context you've got remember its for 18-30 holidaygoers, therefore my review is based with that in mind.

On arriving at the hotel, we were told you had to put 40 euro deposit for the room alongside your passport, which as long as you respect the room and facilities its no problem. 10 euro for a deposit box which was reasonable but 40 euro for air conditioning seemed a bit expensive.

When we arrived at the room (304) it was as much as expected three basic beds, sink with side unit and shower. If you're here for the nightlife and nothing else this is ideal but a toaster would have been nice. The bathroom tap in the room was rubbish as was the shower.

The balcony area seemed to be a communial area for birds, so tables and chairs were covered in bird poo. We also noticed them nesting around the aircon which makes me think we was glad we didint pay for aircon, i couldnt imagine what would come out.

The pool is of a reasonable size but having laid on the sunbeds for a while we was asked for 2.50 euro, which if your in a hotel grounds you would expect to be included. On top of that you cant bring your own food or drink to the pool area - we was self catering what did they expect??????

At night there is clubs on site which play music till the early hours, but after a few drinks you should be able to sleep through it. Its not a rowdy scene at night though which is good.

In the morning the public areas are always clean and tidy but you could smell the drainage, which was one way of waking you up in the morning.

I never saw anywhere on site that did food and other than the pool and the club that was all there was there.

We were told by the reps that this was the best accommodation venue, so you can decide for yourselves what the others maybe like but to summarise I think if you're after basic accommodation in a central location and dont want any frills, then this is suitable.

Ive put id recommend this hotel but if there was an option for not sure id tick that instead. Id let me friends know about the hotel and let them decide."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

Very basic but clean

"I visited Trabukos Studios in June 2008. I would say that this particular hotel is very very lively and basic.
We first arrived early on a Saturday morning, first impressions do really count. Around 7 am we reached the hotel, it is located right inthe centre of the night life. There were many many teenagers staggering back to their hotels from a wild friday night out. The street did not look at all pleasant, there were broken bottle everywhere and the odd teenager collapsed drunk on the corner or the road!
When you get into the hotel they take your passports off of you, which I found slightly worrying as they were all piled in a cupboard with a tiny pad lock behind a tiny reception area. They also informed you straight away of any fees you would have to pay if you made any damage to your room, which gave the impression that a lot of rowdy youngsters were staying there!
When we got to the room it was very very basic, there were two single beds, (mine was broken), a mirror and a big wardrobe. Very basic but was clean.There was also a sink and mini fridge in the main room.
The bathroom was small but clean, the only issue we had was the smell from the toilet due to the unpleasant drainage systems!
We were with club 18-30s, and literally as soon as we arrived the staff were hounding us to pay up front for all the attractions and nights out which doesn't put you in the best mood after travelling for so long!
The pool was small, we prefered the beach as the pool continuously plays loud music at all hours of the day! We liked to relax on holiday but the pool was certainly not the place to do this!
The beach was literally a 2 minute walk away which was great for me, I found it to be clean and thats all I asked for really.
Overall, I would say, If you are going away for a wild week with friends then this is the place for you, definately not the place to go with your partner or family! Literally just a place to rest your head then its fine. I enjoyed Corfu very much but I think if I go again, I would stay somewhere a little more reserved, I needed a week of work to recover when I got back!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of June 2009

fab holiday! the best yet!!

Good

"the best holiday i could possibly say ive been on... hotel was quite basic but ideal if ur a person not comin in till all hours! situated around a club it gives you the ultimate clubbing experience. i have stayed at this hotel twice an been to Kavos 3 times. never had any problems with the hotel or where we were situated as everything was on out doorstep! loved the 24 hour bar where u could chill out after a night out untill early hours in the morning... they had a lovely bonfire lit on the beach and wasnt too far from your room which had sun loungers surrounded around it. the beach is practically on ur doorstep, which in the first year we used everyday. the second year we tendd to sit around the pool as the entertainment on during the afternoons was brilliant! the reps were great help, told you everything you needed to know for ur safety. staff were friendly as were some of the people who were stayin there.. met loads of people who we all still keep in contact with.....as far as im concerned it was the best holiday i have ever been on an there's 10 of us bookin to go again next year!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2009

Trabukos

"I went to this hotel on a girls holiday we booked club 18-30 so we was expecting it to be pretty lively.

I wasnt expecting it to be built around a night club. The club was open air and stayed open untill 7am. The music is so loud you cant even make a phone call from your room. If you are staying here dont expect to sleep at all. My room was also attached to bar that then played music through out the day. The rooms were ok but didnt supply towels.
You might also have to share a balcony this became a problem for us when a group of men staying two doors down banged and looked through our glass windows at night.
We constantly had people knocking on our door and ask to use our toilet.
The corridor walls had blood on them for a few days and one night we found a human poo on the stairs.
Dont but the rep excursions they are a waste of money and dont believe them when they say the clubs are 55 euros to get in its a complete lie we paid 5.

Im summary its an ok hotel and its possible to have a good time. I just didnt feel very safe and probably could of done with at least a few hours sleep. It gets abit to much everynight especially if you are going for two weeks."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

Great Party Town, Hotel let it down slightly

"Really enjoyed my time in Kavos, the nightlife was banging and the bars/clubs had a great mixture of music. The island does smell a bit when you first get there due to the sewage system out there but you kinda get used to it after a couple of days.

Trabukos was an 18-30 hotel so cheap and cheerful. Had a few problems when we were there, out bathroom window got put through on the first night and we were made to pay for it. Also our key snapped in the door, we were also charged for this too. Our Balcony doors did not lock properly so we had to put a cabinet against the door. This was a couple of years ago however so things may have improved.

Music bllsting out as early as 9am, not what you want when you didnt get in until 5am. Pool was nice, very crowded though. Pool bar very lively and quite expensive. Great atmosphere around 5pm though - everyone chilling out ready for the night ahead.

The room itself was basic, 2 cooking rings, tiny shower with no shower curtain which caused flooding issues everytime you had a shower. And we also had ants around the sink area which was not nice.

Overall, i would def go back to Kavos, i just would not stay at the Trabukos. Its one of the bigger hotels on the islands so the maintenance i think gets ignored sometimes.

Water park is amazing, i would def reccomend, Also a bar called "Crash Bar" loved this place, old skool garage which was brill. Live MC and DJ every night too."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Basic

"The hotel is very very basic. 2* and provides only beds and a bathroom really. No towels or soap/shampoo. No toaster but a kettle. 3 beds in each room and as we had 2 to a room we had a spare bed for clothes n quite a bit of extra room. The balconies are nice and if you are looking for a club 18-30 holiday then this is definately for you. Its on the strip and you are basically living in a club where the music doesnt quieten down till around 6am if not later. The beach is right outside the hotel but is small and not that nice. If your looking for a beach holiday, dont come here. However nicer beaches are accessible by taxis not too far away. Excursions are plentyful and I would definately advise paying for a few. Its very rowdy and full of drunk people and if this is your idea of a good holiday, then its for you! ...Also the area smells of sewage quite strongly"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

rowdy

"I stayed at the Trabukos in june 2007 with me and another girl mate, i would advise to go in a group because people would not leave us alone.
The hotel is nice for the price, clean and just there really for you to get changed.
BEWARE it is very rowdy!!!!!!!!!!!!
although we did make alot of friends.
Very cheap out there for food, drinks and cigarettes which was a bonus.
this hotel is central so expect loads of nightife and are apartment was ontop of the live bar so couldn't sleep, but most people slept in the day.
The weather was really good so got a bit of a tan."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

Was great holiday but this place very basic!

"Went to Kavos and stayed with me n girl mate (18-30) was great for partying! this hotel is very basic but ok for a base if you jst planning on crashin in it after a night out!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

Trabukos Kavos

"Me and my friend were staying at the trabukos apts in aug this year...we were pretty worried because of some of the reviews its had...however when we go again this is the place we'll stay.It was amazin rite in the centre of it all..clean..quite basic not a bad word to say apart from some ants in the room haha :)
Kavos itself was really good everyone was dancin in the street havin such a good time.The music was good a whole range from chart to oldskool dance! I would definately reccommend these apts to anyone and kavos -we loved it and will hopefully go again next year!!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Trabukos- if your not bothered about sleep you'll have a great time!

Good

"Ok, so my one problem with this hotel was the noise. We were in room 119 which was 30ft away from the Atlantis DJ box and it was REALLY loud between 4am and 7am. Even ear plugs and severe drunkenness doesn't help you sleep through it! On the last night due to a paint party the music started at midnight and was so ridiculous that i left my friend (who was somehow asleep) and went and stayed at one of the PR guys apartment for the night as i needed a night of good sleep before a day of travel. How often do you have to leave your hotel and go somewhere else to get some sleep?! LOL!

Apart from that we had a good time. Expectations of the room were low anyway due to it being 18-30s and we photographed all damage in the room as soon as we got there to avoid being charged for damage we didn't do.

We found the reps (Chloe, Katrina, Harry, Nicole and Callum) to be great and the activities booked with them were worth the money. The best nights on the strip were the ones with the reps and the whole Trabukos crew going from bar to bar. The foam party was especially good. I think we paid about 70 euros (the whole package was 130 euros i think) for two events with the reps, looking back i wish we'd booked more!

Activities wise in Kavos you have to try the Crazy Speedboat trip and the Sivota trip with Kavos Cruises. Best clubs and bars are Trinity, Madisons, Pulse and Legends. Best food found at the Drunken Squid, Steak House and if you can be bothered to leave the strip the Rose Tree Taverna does great seafood!

Personally i found the lack of sleep a bit difficult and wish I'd booked another few days off work instead of going straight back tomorrow but overall if your looking for sun, drinking. dancing and a pull you'll get what you want! "

• Travel date: Mon 15th of June 2015

never again!

"wat an awful smelly dirty skanky horrible place to have a "holiday" never again!
Dont no how this holiday got any good reviews they must be written by the owners as everybody i spoke to about the holiday was shocked how crappy the hotel was.
Everything in the room is broken and then at the end of the holiday they will try charge you for it!
The reps pesteryou every single minute for cash otherwise they wont be your friend!

Never ever again go kavos but dont stay at this dump!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2011

Hotels near Trabukos Studios and Apartments

Stayed at Trabukos Studios and Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Trabukos Studios and Apartments

• lgray4 by lgray4

"Pennies has the best breakfast ever, make the best fry ups! "

• kerryr89 by kerryr89

"best restraunt was TKD "

• Sandy87 by Sandy87

"Fresh Bar, Great British Cafe, The Barn, Rolling Stone, Fire Bar "

• alocin by alocin

"all the bars are basically the same (same music same prices) "

• charmaine_ox by charmaine_ox

"Pennies Restaurant And Buzz Bar and rockys "

• Jayd_McGee by Jayd_McGee

"Crazy place to be....!!! Not for the old en'z "

• RachelS.Nottingham! by RachelS.Nottingham!

"Penny's Kitchen - 3 courses for 8euros, Atlantis, Buzz bar, Rolling Stones, 42nd Street. "

• KarenLGx by KarenLGx

"Boat trip to blue lagoon, TEX MEX and drunken squid "

• misswelsh87 by misswelsh87

"smelly dirty and expensive "

• misswelsh87 by misswelsh87

"boat trip to the blue lagoon "

• Conzaradikal by Conzaradikal

"Potentially enjoyable, if you're not fussy "

• Kavos by Kavos

"Not good for young children! Nothing to do except get drunk! "

• AmyLee&Colette by AmyLee&Colette

"You need to go - it's ace!! "

• You sound like your from LANNDANNN by You sound like your from LANNDANNN

"Already told my friends to stay here if they go! "

• holidaymaker2010 by holidaymaker2010

"Do the booze cruise its a total laugh. "

• Glasgow by Glasgow

"Take Mozzie spray as hundreds of them "

• kris by kris

"dont stay at trabucos "

• Kerrina28 by Kerrina28

"Photograph all damage in your room as soon as you get there to avoid charges for previous damage! "