Sweet Dreams Apartments

Kavos 49080 Greece

Good

RELAXING HOLIDAY

We spent a great 24 days at Sweet Dreams. This is our 7th holiday here.The appartments are family run by Greg, his father Nico and mother Fatulla.They make you so welcome.Nico does the cooking,which is all fresh food. He grows lots on his land which he prepares in the kitchen with the help of Mamma.Greg organises boat trips on his boat to nearby Paxos and the Blue Lagoon.The appartments are basic but very clean.The maid comes in daily.The only downfall are the typically greek showers which do not have a shower screen or curtain but then you are in Greece! The swimming pool is heaven and the Jacuzzi pool has seats up to the bar. Try one of Gregs Baileys milkshakes...yummy.The madness of Kavos is a five minute walk up the beach if you want nightlife....but whilst eating your dinner by the beach, looking out at the beautiful scenery you could be in the Caribbean! We spend our evenings around the Sweet Dreams Bar. You are approx one hours taxi drive away from the airport.You could risk the local bus all the way for under 5 Euro.It takes at least one and a half hours as it goes via all the villages to Kavos.If that is your preferred mode of transport, I am sure if you give Greg a call he will pick you up from Kavos.If you arrive by coach transfer, it will drop you at the top of the lane by the little shop,again it is worth a call to see if you can be collected.We cannot wait for next years holiday here.This is a little piece of Paradise.

• Travel date: Thu 1st of August 2013

a wonderful experience

Good

"More than affordable, a corner of rural and a bit wild Greece. Nikos, the owner, is a great character, a bit rough around the edges but with a big heart. He let us use the pool at night (once, but it was enough) and he put on a great show for the Greek night. The beach is 50m away from the pool, which has a bar and jacuzzi. Rooms are spacious and clean. Prices at the pool bar are a bit high."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of July 2013

Sweet Nightmares

"Unfortunately the owner now appears to be an alcoholic, Nicos. Bless him, he was nice initially, but the later in the day he got, he was out of control.
My wife and I paid for all our drinks at the bar, however, after changing staff ( family )at the their bar, nobody knew what was going on. We had paid for every drink, but Nicos claimed we didn't, at this point we left , even leaving our bought drinks. The family seem to be taking advantage of Nicos ,in his alcoholic state, and backing up his claims. Trust us , we were about to book with them until Nicos kicked off. They proceeded with torrid of abuse, telling my wife to **** off, we will never ever go there again ."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of February 2013

Lovely Jubbley!

"I have never felt so welcomed! Sweet Dreams is in a great situation making it very quiet and yet only 5 minutes walk down the beach from Kavos. Room clean with basic cooking facilities which are not really needed as Niko is a fantastic chef and serves great food all day and night. Lovely pool and jacuzzi and right on the beach it is the perfect place to stay. Many thanks to Niko, his wife and son Greg who gave me a fantastic time and as a lone lady traveller made me feel very safe and secure. I enjoyed every minute xx"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2011

Fabulous!

"This was our 5th summer at Sweet Dreams.Greg, his mother and father Nikos go out of their way to make your holiday the best.This family run complex at Asprokavos is a 5 minute walk along the beautiful sandy beach to the nightlife in Kavos.If you want a peaceful beach holiday then this is the place to go.You are far enough away from the noise in Kavos . The appartments are clean with cooking facilities.The taverna onsite serves home made delicious food.....then enjoy a cocktail in the jacuzzi pool bar.Greg organises trips on his boat to Paxos and the Blue Lagoon.

We enjoyed a fabulous 3 weeks here and are already planning our holiday for next year.

Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2011

Simply the best xx

"we have stayed at Sweet Dreams on a couple of occasions & always feel we are leaving our family behind when we return home.Niko & his lovely wife and Greg their son have trully made our holidays a special experience.We have stayed in many places on the island in he past but now we feel when we return to Corfu we can only stay at Sweet Dreams.Where else can you relax with a drink on a comfy sofa with your toes in the sand watching the sun go down watching and the passing fisherman & cruise ships. Its magical and would live there if I could!Try Nikos special chicken or have a boat ride with Greg who knows all of the best places...as Niko would say.its lovely jubbley xx"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of October 2010

We came to Kavos early in the first seas...

"We came to Kavos early in the first season Niko opened Sweet Dreams, about 22 years ago!!! We still have the photographs of our two families. We have such wonderful memories of our stay that year and the next that our children, now grown, wish to bring their children back to meet Niko and family again. It's a pity the resort is now 18/30's. It was so quiet, peaceful and unspoilt once."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of April 2008

I rate these apartments 10/10 just becau...

"I rate these apartments 10/10 just because of these owners. It is a family run business and greg, nicos and nicos wife made our holiday. We had storms which was unusual and they went out of their way to keep us entertained.

The rooms were basic but had everything we needed and the apartments are right in the beach. not that that matters as is is nice to sit around the pool and talk to greg in the beach hut....i recommend trying cherry juice too, although the ice cream cocktails that greg makes are stunning.

if you want to keep away from the noise and nightlife in kavos this is a must but close enough to walk to the strip where the clubs are if you want to. good for families"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of February 2008

We moved here because we moved out of th...

"We moved here because we moved out of the dump next door. It cost me which still rankles but it was worth it.

The apartments are clean and the pool was brilliant. They are brilliant people and as **** says it is lovely jubbly! Should I ever return to Kavos I will stay here. Kavos itself is a dump and only really caters for one sector of the market and that is 18/ 30's.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

I booked my holiday for myself, wife and...

"I booked my holiday for myself, wife and 2 children with Libra Holidays to stay at Koulouris Beach apartments which is situated next door to Sweet Dreams.

Upon arrival at the resort we had 1 night in the Koulouris Beach where you could not sleep at night due to the fact of noise from residents staying there from 18 to 30 years of age, this is advertised for families.

On the 2nd day of our holiday we went next door to Sweet Dreams and after making enquiries for accommodation decided to move into these apartments at my own cost. This was the best thing I did.

The owners Greg, Papa, & mamma were fantastic people who couldn’t do enough for you their hospitality was fantastic. The rooms were clean and of an high standard, Pool was cleaned daily, food was fantastic and no need to venture out for meals. I have been to some nice apartments on previous holidays but Sweet Dreams is the best yet and will take some beating. This is the place to stay if you are a family without doubt. We are hoping to go back in October 2005 or July 2006.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Hotels near Sweet Dreams Apartments

Stayed at Sweet Dreams Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sweet Dreams Apartments

• emma by emma

"quiet yet walking distance to the nightlife "

• Karen by Karen

"Be aware that you need to walk down a track after the transfer bus drops you off. "