Oula Maisonettes

Oula, Kokkinia, Kavos 200 04 Greece

Good

a holiday id like to forget

"we stayed at the oula for 1 week and it felt like a life time the rooms was dirty many things was broken not enough cooking equipment and the attitude of the staff was we will get the maid to come fix it sockets haning out the wall broken toilet seat when u spoke to the rep to report these problems you was told he would sort it but of course this never happened mainly coz we was a family and not a group of young ladies.when reported this to our tour operator when we got home we was told sorry u didnt follow procedure.apart from this weather was fantastic kavos was great and the people in town was the nicest people u could wish to meet but would not go back to the oula again even if it was for free."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2009

Poor Hotel

"Hotel is poor, nowhere near th 3* rating it has received. Stayed in room by the pool, noisy all day with music. Rooms are dirty with noisy fridge/freezer. Staff are friendly until approached with a problem, they then become very unhelpfull and intimidating. Will not visit again and would not recommend"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of September 2009

Family Warning

"Just got back from a weeks holiday at the oula apartments and OMG "DO NOT GO THERE" if you have a family or you are over the age of 21, This place was full of 16 to 20 year old kids that went out into town (which is a long walk away) at 9/10pm then came back at 5am making the loudest childish noises possible. They ran up and down the corridors screaming and shouting and then banged on every door shouting wakey wakey. We were the ONLY family there and should have been told of the goings on!
The appartments were basic but clean, but the worst thing about them is the air con, it is only in the living part and if you get a roon with bedrooms upstairs it is like sleeping in a sauna, we had to put our four children on the floor downstairs just so that they could get some kind of sleep in the cool.
The beach is the worst beach we have ever seen, it is full of rubbish and sea weed, hence there was never many people there.
I could go on and on but i now just want to forget our holiday from HELL.
Please BE WARNED !!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Amazing holiday!

Good

"Stayed at the oula for 1 week at the end of June and had a great time. The hotel staff are really friendly and the hotel itself was fine although basic (but we hadn't expected anything amazing!) The cleaners seemed to spend ages cleaning the inside of the apartment and even every shutter on each window.
The hotel's bar restaurant was really handy as you are a little walk out of the centre but everything seemed to be priced fairly.
Kavos is a good place to go and Oula definately looked one of the better hotels in the area."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

great resort shame about the guests

Good

"my wife & I returned home yesterday from the Oula apartments having had a very nice weeks holiday.ideally placed for us as it is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main strip.sure there are some things that could be better but overall the staff are friendly & helpful.the manager of the complex Yannis was very helpful .reports of aggressive staff seen in other reviews here I find very hard to understand,the food was good value & the staff where very good at keeping the whole complex clean & tidy.mosquito's were a nuisance but that is hardly the fault of the staff.we both look forward to returning there again."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2014

Don't worry, it's a nice place

"When people write reviews, 80% of people that have a bad experience will report it and write a review, only 10% that had a positive experience will write reviews. Therefore, negative reviews are over represented. The hotel as a whole is great, the staff are friendly, I never saw any violence by the staff, but as a 6f5 royal marine I didn't expect to. You get what you pay for, but as a whole Oula is definitely one of the better hotels in Kavos. Do be careful about getting ripped off by the staff over breakages, make sure you look over the room thoroughly at the start and note any damages.

Don't let the negative reviews get you all upset about Oula, it's a nice place and the staff are friendly, just behave yourself, don't be a prat and you'll have an amazing holiday. "

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2012

Ignore the bad reviews

Good

"I went to oula in july 2011 with 7 friends (all girls). We were really nervous after reading all the bad reviews and our mums were particulalry anxious and were definitely expecting the worse. However, we all had a really good time and could find little faults.
Kavos is a place for young people who want to have a good time everynight and therefore i wouldnt expect families with young children to enjoy this hotel as it is mainly full of young groups of people who are loud and come home late so try not to take too much notice of them reviews.

When we arrived we were given our keys and a sheet to fill out with any damages. This isnt a big deal, it takes 5 minutes and ensures you are not charged for anything that you didnt do - which is fair. just write down anything you see, even if you think its stupid.. the staff appreciate it.

We had 3 rooms, 2 for 3 people and 1 for 2 people. we chose this over the larger rooms as we wanted the extra showers and it was a good choice. all our rooms were really spacious and clean. they are basic but when you are on holiday with your friends, you dont need 5* facilities, you just want to get ready quickly and have a good night. we all had large balconies and every night we would all meet and sit out with our drinks and music together before we went to the strip. the seperate rooms didnt stop us being together so i would definitely reccomend this.

The pool area is clean and has a good atmosphere with music and enough sunbeds for everyone. however, it did turn my white bikini green, but after mentioning it to the staff, they ensured the pool cleaner didnt put excess chlorine in and was fine the following day.

The food in the pool bar is really good value and we ate here every night. They do special deals every day as well so you always have a good choice. The on-site shop is good for necessities but there is a larger supermarket 5minute walk away and we bought all our water and toilet roll from here.. u can get 10 toilet rolls for 2euro and 4 large bottles of water for 1euro so it really is worth it. we also bought our alcohol here as it is much cheaper.

There are lots of bad reviews about the staff but it is a large hotel with loads of young people and as long as you are polite, they are lovely. The people who were treated badly were often those who were aggressive when drunk or threw things and were overall looking for an argument. We got on well with the staff and any problems we had they were happy to sort out for us. They treat you how you treat them.

One negative was the walk to the beach which was a little longer in the heat than we expected but the watersports are definitely worth doing and were a highlight of our holiday.

The hotel is full of english people and we made friends with loads of groups of people so if you are a smaller group and are worried about walking to the strip in the dark (isnt as bad as people make out) then there are always loads of people walking together and everyone is really friendly.

This was our first girls holiday and we loved it, oula was a great place and we would definitely go back again."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of February 2012

never again

"got to oula appartments kavos on arrivel place looks ok then was asked to check of the room we were staying in not my job went on hols not to work looking at the front part was an oh ye this cud work then to be put at the bak in the jungle met by every bug you cud think of room was minging got bit to pieces and to top it all dead rats out the back of the balcony and just left there i wud never go bak there not even on a freebie slept with socks on trackie and dreaded going bak there of a nite spent very little time in the place and the staff are ignorant how they got the job in the 1st place is beyond me must have attended acting school disappointed wud be an understatement....."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

The cleaners are theives!

"Me and four of my friends stayed at this resort last week. (5/9/11-12/9/11) We didn’t expect much as we didn’t pay much, but by the end of the week things had worsened. We noticed on the first night that it was a really long walk to the strip, and also a very dangerous walk as there were no street lights, and this was proved true as on the Wednesday night we nearly got mugged as two men tried to steal our bags, because it was dark we didn’t see their faces, I would recommend if your going as a group of friends for a mad week, stay somewhere closer to the strip and NOT to walk back to this resort alone. When you arrive they offer you to pay 10 euros for a safe in the room, TAKE IT, as we would NOT trust the staff at all. I lost a pair of converse, I had made sure that I kept them in the same place all week, because I wore them to arrive, and was planning on wearing them to get home, but whilst I was packing on the last night I noticed they where NOWHERE to be seen, and I mean nowhere, I searched everywhere, even the cooker!! When I told reception whilst leaving, the lady (a blonde woman called Maria) told me that it was my fault for basically leaving my stuff around and I should have told them straight away. When I suggested that the cleaners might have stolen them, she said ‘No, cleaners might steal money, camera or phone, but no shoes’ which was suggesting that the cleaners DO steal stuff as it’s a bit suspicious as the cleaners are let into the room everyday but nothing gets done, all they do is fold up your bed sheets and nothing else, not even change the bins, NOTHING. Also we were made to pay 5 euros for ‘a broken panel on the bed’ which we couldn’t find, but if we didn’t pay they would call the police. Make sure you sign the form they give you on the first day to make sure that there are no damages at the start of the week. They try and charge you for everything, you get hand towels each, which is useless, and their changed once a week, they don’t give you toilet roll, your expected to buy it in the supermarket that is located there and there wasn’t any toilet roll in the public toilet that was there. You’re also expected to pay for the use of the air-con, which we found ridiculous. The sheets are changed once a week even though it was obvious that one of my friends had been sick on the sheets they didn’t change it (we were lucky we weren’t charged!!) There aren’t really cleaning facilities event though it’s self-catered! You have to hold the shower head for a shower, and it’s not the best. If you’re not a fan of insects, BEWERE, the wasps are HUGE and you’re going to be covered in bites! Also your expected to give your room key when going out, which is fair enough as you could end up loosing it and paying god knows how much, but I wouldn’t really trust the staff to look after it! – RANT OVER."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

All in all a good stay

Good

"Was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews but you shouldnt be. If you are respectful and abide by the rules then your stay will be great. I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasent. Maria who works behind the bar is great. as is Costa the barman at nite. I had some trouble with my partner and they sorted me out with another room without any extra charge and were very helpful at the time. So dont be worried about the reviews, the hotel and staff i found were lovely people. Kavos itself is ok definately not for familys with young kids more of an 18-30 resort. All in all i had a ball. Would definately go again."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Fantastic apartments - fantastic holiday

"Stayed for 1 week in August 2011 there were 8 of us - Two mums, young kids and two 18 year olds. Very basic but it is Greece, the apartments were gorgeous, very clean. The pool bar was open 24 hours which was handy for the 18 year olds and when your still sat on your balcony and run out of beer at 1am! The staff were very friendly but they had rules so all the bad reviews are probably because rules were broken and respect works two ways!! The pool was lovely and staff were always fishing anything out, leaves etc! But it did turn everything green so simply don't wear expensive swimwear - problem solved. Food is nicely priced and good value for money. Safety deposit boxes were cheap, room was cleaned everyday and even the cleaning staff were friendly. Only downsides was very expensive to buy air conditioning and there were no fans in the rooms and you can't flush loo paper so have to put it in a bin and the shower isn't like we have in England but that's the whole of Corfu. All in all our stay in Oula was brilliant and you do only get the right amount of cutlery and plates and no other utensils! I learnt to cook friend eggs in a pan with a spoon but if I'd wanted 5 star luxury then I would have paid for it! Great apartments, great place and great holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2011

great holiday and lovely hotel!

"i stayed at oula with 8 other of my friends for 2 weeks and had an amazing time!
i can kind of understand what some of the bad reviews are talking about but they just seem over the top. the reviews where they mention about prices, when you get there they give you a nice welcome meeting, they give you a piece of paper which you fill out with the damages in your room, there wasnt any for any of us. then if you break something they will kindly ask you for the minimum sum. i had to pay 10 euros for staining a pillow case and paulos was nothing but sympathetic, he apologised the whole time!
the staff are absolute babes! aslong as your nice and respectful they will be too, by the end of my 2 week holiday they all knew my name and didnt want any of us to leave!
the food is basic and i would stick with the four seasons pizza and jacket potatoes, the full english is great for hangovers aswell!
the only bad thing is the pool, it turns everything green but the beach isnt far away and neither is the plaza which has a lovely pool.
all in all the hotel is lovely and it may be basic but it helped to make my holiday what it is. they might be strict about noise and you have to pay if you break something but its cheap to stay there so you cant really expect to not have to pay for anything if you break alot.
i would definatly stay there again, its safe and full of young people who all want a good time! me and all my friends laughed that it was like a big family beause if you seen someone from oula when you were out you would always say hi and stuff.."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Hotels near Oula Maisonettes

Stayed at Oula Maisonettes? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Oula Maisonettes

• rachelk09 by rachelk09

"Fatso's, Terry's Tavern, The Chinese Restaurant, Edelweiss Bar, Buzz Bar, Snobs, Rolling Stones Bar "

• Taylorfamily by Taylorfamily

"OK if you are 16 to 20 "

• patrickfamily by patrickfamily

"Great Britain restraunt and Oven Pub great value beautiful food Pulse Bar if you have children "

• "Plaza and John's fast food "

• N Boxall by N Boxall

"For the young and lively "

• loulou by loulou

"NOT for Familys or Older couples "

• Sam, Cheshire by Sam, Cheshire

"Not a place for familys. If your 18-30's then perfect! "

• & mrs smith by & mrs smith

"loved kavos and were defo going back :0 xx "

• Samways by Samways

"If staying outside of the strip, it is advisable for ladies to get a taxi back in the evenings. "

• ........... by ...........

"suitable for party holidays "

• Brian by Brian

"Dont stay because you will be very disapointed "

• RyanE by RyanE

"Go to Kavos Plaza not Oula its close "

• Nic by Nic

"Take old swimwear and Mosquito repellant! "

• Firewoman by Firewoman

"respect the staff and there rules and you will have a great stay. "

• blanch by blanch

"other hotels to chill in "

• Trevor M by Trevor M

"get out & about there are many things to do in kavos other than clubbing "