Good

great resort shame about the guests

Reviewed Mon 30th of June 2014

"my wife & I returned home yesterday from the Oula apartments having had a very nice weeks holiday.ideally placed for us as it is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main strip.sure there are some things that could be better but overall the staff are friendly & helpful.the manager of the complex Yannis was very helpful .reports of aggressive staff seen in other reviews here I find very hard to understand,the food was good value & the staff where very good at keeping the whole complex clean & tidy.mosquito's were a nuisance but that is hardly the fault of the staff.we both look forward to returning there again."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2014

Don't worry, it's a nice place

Reviewed Mon 21st of May 2012

"When people write reviews, 80% of people that have a bad experience will report it and write a review, only 10% that had a positive experience will write reviews. Therefore, negative reviews are over represented. The hotel as a whole is great, the staff are friendly, I never saw any violence by the staff, but as a 6f5 royal marine I didn't expect to. You get what you pay for, but as a whole Oula is definitely one of the better hotels in Kavos. Do be careful about getting ripped off by the staff over breakages, make sure you look over the room thoroughly at the start and note any damages.

Don't let the negative reviews get you all upset about Oula, it's a nice place and the staff are friendly, just behave yourself, don't be a prat and you'll have an amazing holiday. "

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2012

Ignore the bad reviews

Reviewed Mon 6th of February 2012

"I went to oula in july 2011 with 7 friends (all girls). We were really nervous after reading all the bad reviews and our mums were particulalry anxious and were definitely expecting the worse. However, we all had a really good time and could find little faults.
Kavos is a place for young people who want to have a good time everynight and therefore i wouldnt expect families with young children to enjoy this hotel as it is mainly full of young groups of people who are loud and come home late so try not to take too much notice of them reviews.

When we arrived we were given our keys and a sheet to fill out with any damages. This isnt a big deal, it takes 5 minutes and ensures you are not charged for anything that you didnt do - which is fair. just write down anything you see, even if you think its stupid.. the staff appreciate it.

We had 3 rooms, 2 for 3 people and 1 for 2 people. we chose this over the larger rooms as we wanted the extra showers and it was a good choice. all our rooms were really spacious and clean. they are basic but when you are on holiday with your friends, you dont need 5* facilities, you just want to get ready quickly and have a good night. we all had large balconies and every night we would all meet and sit out with our drinks and music together before we went to the strip. the seperate rooms didnt stop us being together so i would definitely reccomend this.

The pool area is clean and has a good atmosphere with music and enough sunbeds for everyone. however, it did turn my white bikini green, but after mentioning it to the staff, they ensured the pool cleaner didnt put excess chlorine in and was fine the following day.

The food in the pool bar is really good value and we ate here every night. They do special deals every day as well so you always have a good choice. The on-site shop is good for necessities but there is a larger supermarket 5minute walk away and we bought all our water and toilet roll from here.. u can get 10 toilet rolls for 2euro and 4 large bottles of water for 1euro so it really is worth it. we also bought our alcohol here as it is much cheaper.

There are lots of bad reviews about the staff but it is a large hotel with loads of young people and as long as you are polite, they are lovely. The people who were treated badly were often those who were aggressive when drunk or threw things and were overall looking for an argument. We got on well with the staff and any problems we had they were happy to sort out for us. They treat you how you treat them.

One negative was the walk to the beach which was a little longer in the heat than we expected but the watersports are definitely worth doing and were a highlight of our holiday.

The hotel is full of english people and we made friends with loads of groups of people so if you are a smaller group and are worried about walking to the strip in the dark (isnt as bad as people make out) then there are always loads of people walking together and everyone is really friendly.

This was our first girls holiday and we loved it, oula was a great place and we would definitely go back again."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of February 2012

never again

Reviewed Tue 18th of October 2011

"got to oula appartments kavos on arrivel place looks ok then was asked to check of the room we were staying in not my job went on hols not to work looking at the front part was an oh ye this cud work then to be put at the bak in the jungle met by every bug you cud think of room was minging got bit to pieces and to top it all dead rats out the back of the balcony and just left there i wud never go bak there not even on a freebie slept with socks on trackie and dreaded going bak there of a nite spent very little time in the place and the staff are ignorant how they got the job in the 1st place is beyond me must have attended acting school disappointed wud be an understatement....."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

The cleaners are theives!

Reviewed Mon 19th of September 2011

"Me and four of my friends stayed at this resort last week. (5/9/11-12/9/11) We didn’t expect much as we didn’t pay much, but by the end of the week things had worsened. We noticed on the first night that it was a really long walk to the strip, and also a very dangerous walk as there were no street lights, and this was proved true as on the Wednesday night we nearly got mugged as two men tried to steal our bags, because it was dark we didn’t see their faces, I would recommend if your going as a group of friends for a mad week, stay somewhere closer to the strip and NOT to walk back to this resort alone. When you arrive they offer you to pay 10 euros for a safe in the room, TAKE IT, as we would NOT trust the staff at all. I lost a pair of converse, I had made sure that I kept them in the same place all week, because I wore them to arrive, and was planning on wearing them to get home, but whilst I was packing on the last night I noticed they where NOWHERE to be seen, and I mean nowhere, I searched everywhere, even the cooker!! When I told reception whilst leaving, the lady (a blonde woman called Maria) told me that it was my fault for basically leaving my stuff around and I should have told them straight away. When I suggested that the cleaners might have stolen them, she said ‘No, cleaners might steal money, camera or phone, but no shoes’ which was suggesting that the cleaners DO steal stuff as it’s a bit suspicious as the cleaners are let into the room everyday but nothing gets done, all they do is fold up your bed sheets and nothing else, not even change the bins, NOTHING. Also we were made to pay 5 euros for ‘a broken panel on the bed’ which we couldn’t find, but if we didn’t pay they would call the police. Make sure you sign the form they give you on the first day to make sure that there are no damages at the start of the week. They try and charge you for everything, you get hand towels each, which is useless, and their changed once a week, they don’t give you toilet roll, your expected to buy it in the supermarket that is located there and there wasn’t any toilet roll in the public toilet that was there. You’re also expected to pay for the use of the air-con, which we found ridiculous. The sheets are changed once a week even though it was obvious that one of my friends had been sick on the sheets they didn’t change it (we were lucky we weren’t charged!!) There aren’t really cleaning facilities event though it’s self-catered! You have to hold the shower head for a shower, and it’s not the best. If you’re not a fan of insects, BEWERE, the wasps are HUGE and you’re going to be covered in bites! Also your expected to give your room key when going out, which is fair enough as you could end up loosing it and paying god knows how much, but I wouldn’t really trust the staff to look after it! – RANT OVER."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

All in all a good stay

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"Was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews but you shouldnt be. If you are respectful and abide by the rules then your stay will be great. I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasent. Maria who works behind the bar is great. as is Costa the barman at nite. I had some trouble with my partner and they sorted me out with another room without any extra charge and were very helpful at the time. So dont be worried about the reviews, the hotel and staff i found were lovely people. Kavos itself is ok definately not for familys with young kids more of an 18-30 resort. All in all i had a ball. Would definately go again."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Fantastic apartments - fantastic holiday

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2011

"Stayed for 1 week in August 2011 there were 8 of us - Two mums, young kids and two 18 year olds. Very basic but it is Greece, the apartments were gorgeous, very clean. The pool bar was open 24 hours which was handy for the 18 year olds and when your still sat on your balcony and run out of beer at 1am! The staff were very friendly but they had rules so all the bad reviews are probably because rules were broken and respect works two ways!! The pool was lovely and staff were always fishing anything out, leaves etc! But it did turn everything green so simply don't wear expensive swimwear - problem solved. Food is nicely priced and good value for money. Safety deposit boxes were cheap, room was cleaned everyday and even the cleaning staff were friendly. Only downsides was very expensive to buy air conditioning and there were no fans in the rooms and you can't flush loo paper so have to put it in a bin and the shower isn't like we have in England but that's the whole of Corfu. All in all our stay in Oula was brilliant and you do only get the right amount of cutlery and plates and no other utensils! I learnt to cook friend eggs in a pan with a spoon but if I'd wanted 5 star luxury then I would have paid for it! Great apartments, great place and great holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2011

great holiday and lovely hotel!

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2011

"i stayed at oula with 8 other of my friends for 2 weeks and had an amazing time!
i can kind of understand what some of the bad reviews are talking about but they just seem over the top. the reviews where they mention about prices, when you get there they give you a nice welcome meeting, they give you a piece of paper which you fill out with the damages in your room, there wasnt any for any of us. then if you break something they will kindly ask you for the minimum sum. i had to pay 10 euros for staining a pillow case and paulos was nothing but sympathetic, he apologised the whole time!
the staff are absolute babes! aslong as your nice and respectful they will be too, by the end of my 2 week holiday they all knew my name and didnt want any of us to leave!
the food is basic and i would stick with the four seasons pizza and jacket potatoes, the full english is great for hangovers aswell!
the only bad thing is the pool, it turns everything green but the beach isnt far away and neither is the plaza which has a lovely pool.
all in all the hotel is lovely and it may be basic but it helped to make my holiday what it is. they might be strict about noise and you have to pay if you break something but its cheap to stay there so you cant really expect to not have to pay for anything if you break alot.
i would definatly stay there again, its safe and full of young people who all want a good time! me and all my friends laughed that it was like a big family beause if you seen someone from oula when you were out you would always say hi and stuff.."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Avoid Oula Completely

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2011

"Myself and 8 other friends stayed at Oula last week for 7 nights. The first night there a member of security & the barman punched both me and my friend for helping our female friends carry suitcases up some stairs.
The staff were less than helpful with any matters. If they didnt want to do what you was asking they'd seem to not understand English when it is clear they do when they are giving you a telling off at other times.
The Staff were not also the most trustworthy of people aswell. After money (as much as 200 euro) had gone missing from members of my party and members of another party we became friendly with out there i decided to lay a 'trap' of some sorts. I placed money among some items in a manner that would suggest that the i wouldn’t notice if the money went missing. I placed the money here before a night out. It was still there the next morning when we was due to go on an all day event (which the hotel knew about as the reb organised it) whilst we was away the maid had come in and the money...gone.
There is a Mini-Market at the hotel, which would come in handy IF you were allowed to take any water or essentials you purchase from there to the sun bed area. Any bottles of water, food etc purchased from a shop ON THE HOTELS SITE are not allowed to be consumed on site (excluding your own room).
Dont bother ordering any food from the bar anything as little as a sandwich took 40 minutes, and was at a poor quality.
I would rather sleep on the streets of Kavos than go to Oula again.

LITTERALLY TWO MINS DOWN THE ROAD IS A HOTEL CALLED 'KAVOS PLAZA' THIS LOOKED MUCH LIVELIER AND FRIENDLY I SUGGEST YOU GO THERE. "

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2011

It has its ups and downs

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"Four of us have just got back from oula in kavos. when we booked we decided to have two rooms instead of one so that we wernt all fighting over one shower when trying to get ready..MISTAKE. our two rooms were put miles away from eachoter which was a bit annoying, but the rooms were okay overall. so if theres a big group of you just book one room as a group of boys we knew were all sharing and had a spiral staircase and all sorts!
i didnt think the hotel was as bad as a lot of the reviews made out, we all enjoyed sitting round the pool with the music playing. but i did find the staff rude at times, i put money into the phone box but then couldnt work it so asked the manager for help but he simply shrugged his shoulders. also we bought big bottles of water from the mini market which was an actual part of the complex, but when we took them around the pool the staff would come over and confiscate it, because they want you to buy the drinks at the pool ie spend more money!!
some people we met claimed to have had money stolen out of their sunglasses case in the room, and for the whole week i thought the maid had stolen my ipod but then i found it in my suitcase haha, but just be aware of your things keep them well hidden.
overall we had a brilliant holiday and oula wasnt actually as bad as we thought!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

Avoid this hotel at AlL COSTS

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"There was 4 of us staying in one of the oula`s rooms for one week, and this one week in the hotel was very unpleasant.

When we first arrived we was greeted by staff who were very unhelpful and aggressive. What Olympic Holidays says about this hotel is NOT true, for instance they say the staff are helpful(there not),the safety deposit boxes are free(there not).

Some good points about the hotel:
-The hotel site is clean
-The mini market is very useful
-The food/drink is well priced

Some of the bad points(there is many):
-It is meant to be self catering, but you would find it hard to make some toast with the kitchen equipment
-The maids and staff help themselves to your money when you leave the hotel during the day/night
-They don’t provide you with toilet paper
-You need 3 arms to use the shower as the is no shower head
-The staff are violent, i saw them beat the hell out of some lads because they where speaking slightly too loud.
-The beds are rock hard
-The pool is unclean and smelly and stains all you swimwear green for some reason

Overall I would strongly suggest that you don’t go to this hotel as it could well ruin your holiday.

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"This place is beyond a joke. Me and 4 mates have just got back from here. On first glance the actual resort is good what you can expect for a 3 star hotel. However things just got worse from then! On the first night i was assaulted by the manager for a reason i'm yet to know. The staff claim to be helpful but they're absolutely useless! The room is pretty decent we had a room that slept 5 and it was pretty roomy and we were pleased with it. If your looking to cook in your room, forget it! The kitchen equipment is almost non existent you would struggle to cook anything. There isn't even a toaster! You get 5 of everything and thats it. Another thing about this place is they will not part with anything for free, they said in the brochure that the deposit box was free but it was 10 euros. Thirdly the maids do a decent job and do a good job nicking your money to. Between us we must have had at least 200 euros nicked and an ipod to. Another thing is the swimming pool it turns all your clothes green your skin yellow.

To conclude Kavos is brilliant but this hotel is a complete no no."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

Hotels near Oula Maisonettes

Top traveller tips for Oula Maisonettes

• rachelk09 by rachelk09

"Fatso's, Terry's Tavern, The Chinese Restaurant, Edelweiss Bar, Buzz Bar, Snobs, Rolling Stones Bar "

• Taylorfamily by Taylorfamily

"OK if you are 16 to 20 "

• patrickfamily by patrickfamily

"Great Britain restraunt and Oven Pub great value beautiful food Pulse Bar if you have children "

• "Plaza and John's fast food "

• N Boxall by N Boxall

"For the young and lively "

• loulou by loulou

"NOT for Familys or Older couples "

• Sam, Cheshire by Sam, Cheshire

"Not a place for familys. If your 18-30's then perfect! "

• & mrs smith by & mrs smith

"loved kavos and were defo going back :0 xx "

• Samways by Samways

"If staying outside of the strip, it is advisable for ladies to get a taxi back in the evenings. "

• ........... by ...........

"suitable for party holidays "

• Brian by Brian

"Dont stay because you will be very disapointed "

• RyanE by RyanE

"Go to Kavos Plaza not Oula its close "

• Nic by Nic

"Take old swimwear and Mosquito repellant! "

• Firewoman by Firewoman

"respect the staff and there rules and you will have a great stay. "

• blanch by blanch

"other hotels to chill in "

• Trevor M by Trevor M

"get out & about there are many things to do in kavos other than clubbing "