Marina Beach Studios

Kavos Centre, Kavos Greece

Good

Amazing!

"I've been to Marina Beach twice, which obviously shows how good it is! I went in July 2011 for two weeks and again in July 2012 for another two weeks! Both times with the girls for a girls holiday. When you go abroad to a place like Kavos you do not expect 5* rooms, if you do then you definately need to book your holiday elsewhere!
Petros and his family are the nicest people I've ever met, they're always happy to help whatever the time and the rooms are kept clean daily. The food from the bar is lovely and you get massive portions for no money at all!
It is literally right on the beach, with a gate from the pool stepping right out onto the sand. An alley from the front of the hotel leads you straight on to the restaurant end of the strip so you can go for a meal before walking up and having fun ;)
I would still go to Marina Beach again as both times I have had a wonderful experience and a truly amazing holiday :)"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2012

beware of clothes thieves....

"this hotel was ok. nothing fantastic and we were in the best rooms at the top, sort of a cross between a penthouse and a shed! the staff seemed really cool, the owner, petros actually borrowed us 100 euros when we ran out of cash and were waiting for money to be sent.... now for the bad points (not the hotel, you know what to expect from a budget hotel in kavos surely)... on about our 4th day i noticed petros (the owner) had a lyle & scott t-shirt on, as did i. i asked where he got it in greece and he said he has a cousin in england.... as the holiday progressed we noticed clothes and trainers going missing!!!! i had 2 vests a pair of very expensive shorts and my friend had a pair of trainers stolen. petros's admiration for nice clothes became very evident when we were leaving and he held up my lovely armani summer jacket and insisted on swapping it for anything he had, a bag of fish acrate of water to name a few. i declined and realised where our clothes had gone.... if you have nice clothes beware!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2012

amazing holiday!

"great location, lovely family, great food, amazing holiday!!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of October 2011

i love kavos

"Literally just got back, and am sooo depressed now :( me and my friend booked it last minute and was pretty worried about the reviews we'd read about it. But surprisingly it was actually pretty decent, obviously not 5* standards but when you're paying 300ish what do you expect? The maids are pretty annoying as we slept through most of the days cause was getting in at 9ish every morning and they woke us up but they didnt really seem to do alot just move yuour stuff around which is annoying. but all in all would deffo go back and wish i was still there! "

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

Best week of my life!

"Me and my friend flew to Kavos in July 2011, both being 17 it was our first holiday clubbing abroad .
On arrival to the hotel the coach dropped us off at 'The Barn' and we made our way to the hotel with our Rep, we had to walk to the pool bar and then received a very warm welcome from the family that ran the hotel. The manager himself showed us to our room and we payed 50 euro for both the air con and safe! The heat was so intense but the air con was literally a life saver for the week making getting ready for a night out so much easier! :)

The location of the hotel is right on the beach so perfect for a quick dip! The pool itself we didnt find very busy so luckily our friends stayed at another hotel nearby which was alot busier but the food and atmosphere around the pool was lovely! To reach the main strip you walk literally 2 minutes and you enter the more 'resterant' side of the strip which is perfect to begin the night with! I highly reccommend 'Terrys' resterant which was gorgeous :) prices out here are incredable, 7 euros for a 3 course meal you really cant go hungry!

getting in at 8am every morning and sunbathing by 10am with a little nap and then getting ready at night doesnt leave you with much time to spend in your room but it does help if the hotel is as nice as this one!

Our holiday was once in a lifetime and we enjoyed every minute of it! Marina Beach is not 5* luxury but if your in Kavos i doubt you will be expecting that. However what you can expect is a great location, safe environment, clean rooms! You dont spend alot of time in your hotel so if your after basic amenitys then i cannot reccommend this hotel more!

AMAZING!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of August 2011

You get what you pay for..

"Me and my friend went July 2010, didn' expect much, got to our appartment at 6:00am, went straight in, had a look around, everything was basic, but clean. The pool always has sunbeds, it's not loud at night at all, the staff are a lovely family. Best location, close to the strip and pratically on the beach, which is lovely. However, bed's or towels didn't get changed unless personally asked. The rep's were rubbish, but we didn't really need them anyway. Cleaners come in everyday, didn't really know what they did but they woke us up everyday and had a sweep around. i would go again!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

Amazing

"I found our experience of Marina Beach amazing. There were five of us (girls) and we found all of the staff helpful and friendly :) We booked our holiday knowing that all we were going for was nightlife and sunbathing..we hardly used the rooms, but they served the purpose of sleeping! It's right next to the beach so if you don't want to be in the pool, you can leave your stuff on the bed and go in to the sea. The cocktails are absolutely amazing! We all had the time of our lives and would definately go back there again! "

• Travel date: Tue 20th of July 2010

accomodation awful

"my partner and i stayed at the marina beach studios in september of this year 2009 and nothing could of prepared us for what we experienced .We were dumped at 6.50am by our rep and told this is yours and with that she was gone,it looked like a concentration camp and was dirty,the toilet seat was broken,the shower was mouldy,there were squashed mosquitos on the wardrobe and walls,we never had a change of sheets all week ,no clean towels and the tiny bin was emptied once,oh and the matresses were all stained.i just simply cried we stuck it out and stayed out as much as possible .A couple of days in to our stay it was just us left at the studios so they shut the pool bar ,turned the pool pump off and locked the gate to the beach as if we wernt there. i was disgusted with the whole experience and would never go back and have put in an official complaint."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of October 2009

MARINA BEACH - FANTASTICO

"Upon reading the reviews for the Marina Beach Studios me and my 3 friends were a little nervous about what state the apartments would be in when we finally arrived at 6am. BUT to our complete AMAZEMENT and SURPRISE the apartments were nice so much better than expected. They were clean, spacious, bed comfortable,full length mirrors, dressing table with mirror,shared patio/balcony with neighbour and EXCELLENT AIR-CON (which is a defo must) plus there are blankets in the wardrobes for when you leave the air-con on all night and you wake up with your teeth chattering!!!!
The managers of the apartment were so lovely, laidback and friendly. The husband was always tidying up and making sure the place was spotless while his wife cleaned the apartments daily and made the food (which again I have to say was delicious and very well priced). Harry was our resident night barman who was always on hand at the end of a heavy night.
The apartments are situated on the beach and are literally 5 mins walk to the start of the strip (good luck getting to the end). Kavos itself is great the food at most of the restuarants are lovely and affordable (apart from the chinese which was a little expensive but did taste good). All the bars were great and drinks were very cheap, me and my friends took out €10 each night and still had enough money left to buy a bottle of water for the morning hangover!! I would recommend Atlantis which is the place to be, club right on the beach and is open until the early morning!!! And if you can I would recomend going to one of the special guest nights at trinity as they are amazing. We managed to see Tim Westwood & Dave Pearce and some members of the So so solid crew.
All-in-all anyone who is up for a laugh and loves sun, sea and sangria get yourself to the marina beach in Kavos!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

Good vaule for money !!

"I have just returned from a week at the Marina Beach and I have to say it was one of the best holidays I've had !! Basically we booked the holiday knowing that we wanted a week of sunbathing and partying and we got exactly that !! When we booked we were a bit nervous from some of the reviews I have read as they weren't great, but we found the apartments more than acceptable for the amount we paid and would definitely return again. The apartments are basic but clean and have everything you need (Even a full length mirror). I would recommend paying for the air con €40.00 for the week it's well worth it. There were always plenty of sunbeds free around the pool no matter what time of day you got up. There was also a 24 hour bar serving drinks and food, which was good value especially the cocktails and free shots they love to give you!! The owners of the hotel are so friendly and can't do enough for you !! The location was excellent right on the beach and less than a 2 minute walk from the main strip and the strip is about a mile long full of bars and clubs which is great everyone usually ends up in Atlantis which is on the beach and it open till the last person leaves usually 8am !!
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel if your looking for a cheap holiday with the girls/lads it has everything you want !! "

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

I LOVE KAVOS!! i love petros and harry w...

"I LOVE KAVOS!!
i love petros and harry who work 24/7 literally at the marina beach (and siffy!!). i couldnt fault this holiday and only wish i'd stayed for 2 weeks. i instantly felt welcome at the resort and admired their laid back attitude. i wouldnt change where i stayed at all. as mentioned, yes it is basic but when you're in the room all of 4 hours a day when you stumble in, i couldnt ask for more. i was comfortable and happy with where i was staying and the owners were the cause of this. the location is actually perfect; literally on the beach and just 2 minutes walk from the strip.
kavos in general is an amazing place and i wish i was still there and would do anything to be there right now.
my holiday started with the 'booze cruise' which obviously set me up for the good times i had (even with the salt water and shaving foam in my eyes!) and the rolling stone made my holiday. went there every night to have their notorious 9 shot drink and go in their indie back room. atlantis on the beach as well is a definite yes!
as a whole; this was the best week ive had and enjoyed literally every second!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

honest review

"Having reviewed all the holiday websites before and seeing what other had written i was worried to say the least.... but once i arrived i saw how wrong they were.

Your clearly going to kavos because your young and up for a laugh. Exactly the same as me there were 4 of us (all girls) in total, all aged 20 and we loved EVERY minute.
Ok so the rooms are basic what are you expecting you book in to a 2 maybe 3 star hotel depending on who you booked it with you paid what 300 pound what are you expecting? The rooms are clean and what you need. Ok so the sheets and towels weren't changed for the week i was there, i probably slept in my bed for 5 hours a night and spent the remaining time sleeping on a sun bed or partying you didnt want a clubbing holiday for a 5* bedroom. It was fine and trust me the 4 of us are all a bit snobby and like our luxuries.Ok the shower is a bit ropey and could probably do with a new shower curtain but hey it did its job. The pool is clean and the staff allow you to mess around a do whatever you please (lilo surfing across the pool filled our days)and sunbeds were always available. The hotel is located behind some bars and shops so is nice in the day when you've got a banging hangover and just want to relax. The beach is about 20 steps from the pool (not that clean but not that dirty again just not 5*.

Yes there are wasps but only a few and not one of my party or the others we met out there were stung. The wasp are only around the pool area we never once found one in our room or our balcony. Yes there are also mozi's (come on this is greece), you'll need plenty on repleant. Try avoiding drunken strolls on the beach late and night as they are out in force. Also for 40 euro you can get airconditioning in your room, this is well worth it, not only does it keep you cool it keeps the mozi's at bay (just remember o keep it at about 20 or you'll get poorly and a telling off from the doc)

The strip is buzzing at night but be warned dont go out to early or you'll never last till the sweet o so fun early hours. The PR are like any PR there in your face but fun if you get chatting to them, best drink a head [--] you'll probably only need one or 2 though (9 spirts all in one pint = very drunk)
Medical care is all along the strip so dont fear, there all really friendly and happy to give advise. I visited a few time as id only been out of hospital for 5 days before i left for kavos.

A must do is rolling stones bar - its awesome you are gaurenteed to have a fantastic night. Fancy dress is also massive out there so crack out some funky outfits (school kids, sailors, superheros you name it they love it and so will you)

Over all olympic are rubbish, they abandoned us on a coach for 45 minutes in the middle of the strip lucky it was afternoon and not full of party goers. They try and rip you off for trips and are not at all contactable on the phone (as some boys we met found, when they had missed thier coach back to the airport).

Over all i had a fantastic time the rooms are what you need and the night life is everything you want. Dont forget your mozi spray and the week off after you've been to recover from your amazin fun filled holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 31st of January 2009

Hotels near Marina Beach Studios

Stayed at Marina Beach Studios? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Marina Beach Studios

• sophie-louise by sophie-louise

"Wicked holiday (dont go if your not young and or at least up for a laugh "

• leicester girlies! by leicester girlies!

"Madisons, Rolling stones, buzz then finish off in Atlantis if your after an amazing night out!!!!!!!! "

• Emma L by Emma L

"Make friends with the owners "

• kavos09 by kavos09

"Beach, Mojo's and Atlantis !! "

• heather2009 by heather2009

"paxos and antipaxos trip is a must and corfu town shopping "

Marina Beach Studios is also called