Worst Place Ever

Reviewed Tue 18th of October 2011

"As you can see from previous reviews around this date - all people reccommend you stay well away from this " so called hotel / apartments !!!!
When we arrived we were greeted by the most unwelcoming staff I have ever come across, with a list of fees for the safe, air conditioning and worst of all we were informed that after one toilet roll you would have to buy any further required.
My familyy of five were led to two apartments which were appalling, when we opened the door we were greeted with an awful damp musty smell, which was no better in my childrens apartment - the toilets were filthy, sink fittings not working, and the " self catering " facilities were none existant, - In the other apartment , there was no shower curtain, and pipes with mould all over running through the bathroom, - only one light out of five worked !
We had to ask for our sheets and towels to be changed, when we were told they would be for those staying two weeks.
The staff - well they were more interested in playing on their laptops or generaly lounging around, rather than sorting things out, I was there when five apartments were broken into and they did not seem bothered at all. Quite frankly the place needs shutting down !!
On our second week there they stopped cleaning the pool three days before people were due to leave and it was so dirty that people could not use it - they litterally started closing the place down while guests were there.
Like the previous review - it was the people who found themselves in the same situation that formed friendships, that made the weeks bareable.
Most of us went next door to use Sweet Dreams pool and we spent our time and money there where we were warmley greeted and looked after, rather than put it in the pockets
of the Kolouris Beach owner pockets,
If you do stay in Kavos - DONT STAY HERE
Also if you do go to make sure you visit The Rose Tree Taverna, where a true Greek and a gentleman, Demeitri will give you a very warm welcome, and knows what looking after people is all about
Be warned - if you want to slum, then this is the place - otherwise stay well clear"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Don't go!!! August 2011

Reviewed Tue 19th of June 2012

"The entire place is run down, uncared for. Many many health and safety problems if you've got young kids. Food awful, staff slap happy and uncaring if you've got a problem to report. UK 3 Star rating should be reduced to 1 star. On arrival you are told to replace your toilet roll at the end of the week! The room was sparse. There was an open sewer with an unsecured lid over it, right where your foot would go beside the toilet! The photo online shows open fields either side of the resort, which dates the photo to probably 10 years ago because it is all built up and long established surrounded by other hotels. Don't waste your money, particularly if you are not in the age group 18-30. This is party land, they play inappropriate music loudly over the pool (lyrics of songs like I wanna *** you). not child friendly or safe, and not interested in you if you are older than 30.

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Better than expected

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"I was really worried after reading all the awful reviews but was very happy with my stay. The transfer buses dont go straight to the hotel only to the sister hotel 2 mins away. The hotel pick u up and take u there which didnt take long. Room was basic but clean and all we needed. We were self catering so had a fridge, kettle and 2 hobs with plates, cups and everything else needed. Pool was lovely and cool and clean. Food and drinks were good and well priced. Hotel is literaly on the beach where u can see beautiful mainland Greece then a 5 min walk along the beach to the strip! :) Nights out are amazing. We also had a holidy rep who just comes with the hotel. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend Koulouris to any young people looking for an amazing budget party holiday! :P"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2011

Absolutely Brilliant

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"This was the second year we decided to go to Koulouris beach, as we enjoyed it soo much the first time, and we weren't disappointing this year! Everyone is soo friendly and helpful, and the hotel is in a great location. Close to the beach and N=not too far away from the strip to easily walk, but far enough away that it isn't too noisy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone."

So good I came back!

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2011

"I wrote a review last year when I visited Kolouris Beach and I wasn't expecting much, however after 10 days there I was in love with the place - so much so I came back with the same friends this year for a week and Tom and Maria were just as kind, friendly and helpful if not more! The atmosphere is welcoming and I've had some fantastic times in this hotel. When I visit Kavos again (and I'm sure I will!) It will be a MUST for me to stay here again! Excellent Hotel."

Amazing Time!

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2011

"Koulouris Beach is a great place to stay, the staff there make you feel very welcome and at home and nothing is a problem for them. You get what you pay for with accommodation, but great for groups of people wanting a place to stay a nice pool and beach, with a small kitchen and bathroom for your needs. Its a great location about a 10min walk from the strip and right on the beach but further enough away to not get a lot of noise. Fantastic time staying there and will go back, kept clean and tidy with lots to do. "

Absolutely Loved It!!

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2011

"After booking the holiday with my friends to Koulouris Beach we were slightly worried after reading the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised when we got there and were given the warmest of welcomes from Tom & Maria.
We wanted to bring them back home with us - they were lovely.

The rooms are basic but we had everything we needed in there! They were clean and spacious with a nice little balcony area!

The pool and the pool area was always kept clean and tidy. The food was lovely and reasonably priced!

The only thing i would advise to groups of girls is to not walk back along the beach after a night out - no matter how many of you there are! It's extremely dark with not even a glimpse of light and you don't know who's lurking about.

And also, take plenty of mosquito repellent!!!

Overall an amazing holiday! Would go back again next year for definite!"

Best holiday ever!

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2011

"Koulouris beach is a fantastic hotel! Thomas and Maria are such nice hosts, aswell as Neri the barman! It's location is fantastic, with just a 5 minutes walk to the strip via the beach. The pool is nice too, with music playing all day! It's deffinately great for the younger generation going for a clubbing holiday, really reccomend it! The only thing i would suggest is getting air con, it was too hot without it! "

TOP HOTEL AND LOCATION

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"after reading reviews and seeing a few pics of the place, we were abit wary. however they cudnt be more wrong!

there were a few problems but there were more good than bad.

we arrived in corfu around 12am, our coach dropped up off and we didnt have a clue where we where, the hotel we got dropped off at turned out to be the sister of koulouris and where told the security of our hotel would come pick us up. 4 of us with 4 suitcase's had to fit in a lil car to just around the corner. when we arrived we where took to our rooms, which where not together like we asked and one of which were not what we had paid for. we were ment to be in 2 studios yet somehow they hadnt sorted our rooms and 2 of us got put in what looked like a shed! next day however we got moved to another studio.
also u wil basically get harrased to pay for a locker to put ur passport and money in, i wouldnt of bothered as rooms are safe enough.
i would advise if you go to this hotel to book a studio, as there is a block of rooms which are rubbish.
the overall grounds are fab, although it were over grown on our stay, they decided on our last day to trim around everywhere ha.
maid is a bit cr**, came twice in 12 days, didnt clean our sheets or give us fresh towels so we decided to raid her cupboard and change them ourselves. all she does is sweep the floor.
food is really nice here.
pool is very clean and tidy, so is the beach which is private and free to use sunloungers,
there is a very close water sports area next to hotel.
nightlife is MAD, although the quickest way to get to it is on the beach which can be very dark. so DO take a tourch. and don't walk alone.

staff are VERY friendly.

overall it is a very clean hotel not to close so you're awake all night and not to far to walk to and from the main nightlife.

just make sure you take a tourch and you'll be fine :) x"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2010

AMAZING

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Just home after fantastic week in the Koulouris beach, grounds lovely its like your own little village lovely grounds and pool and right on privat beach. weather fanatastic staff Thomas and maria and funny chef all do anything to make your stay a happy one. 5 mins along beach to mad nightlife and very safe any hour of the night or early morning ;-). really fab food and drink and really cheap. must do the famous Kareoki bar you will know when you find it as the owner maria will not let you pass without a high five lol fab night out. panadora steak bar lush 10 euros for 2 courses ;-) met some amazing people Ruth,Rodger Mish and Andy many a funny hour ;-) No-one could fail to have an amazing time in the Koulouris yes its basic but its a fab location and fab pool and beach, any age would enjoy their stay here ;-)"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of August 2010

Absolutely horrible hotel experience

Reviewed Thu 19th of August 2010

"3 star hotel is a JOKE rating for this hotel.
1) we booked a studio with the kitchenette and were told that we will get a double bed. what we had in fact was 2 horrific single beds pushed together and we were told that there is no other option in the hotel.
2) we were charged €35 in cash if we wanted to switch on the AC and another €10 for a little rubbish safe (and we were told that it is really unsafe to leave anything valuable in the room, so we had to take the safe). what was particularly irritating is that they would not even leave us the remote control for the AC, so if we wanted light in the room -- we had to bear with the AC, which was impossible to regulate without the remote control.
3) the state of the towels was laughable, bedsheets full of holes.
4) they did not provide ANYTHING -- not even a shower gel, no soap, no shampoo, and literally 1 roll of toilet paper for the entire one week stay.
5) the room was not cleaned even once during this 7 day stay.
6) there were absolutely no dishes, no pans/pots, and two tiny little tea cups -- and that is meant to be a self-catering accomodation...
and Kavos is really not a place I would ever recommend to anyone above the age of 17 -- dirty, loud, revoltingly distasteful, with horrible english food everywhere (I mean -- the WORST of english, with instant soups served on the pretences of the fresh ones, deadly frozen vegetables everywhere and the constant smell of dirty chips and stale burgers). No Greek food to be found anywhere, and even the supermarkets carry only the same horrible quality goods imported from England. "

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2010

Don't Go

Reviewed Wed 18th of August 2010

"I would advise anyone not to book this hotel. I have been to many different hotels over the years in the Greek Islands and this was the worse experience I have ever had. I got dropped off in the dark and coach driver said walk up this dirt road to the light (about 200m). As a lone female I didn't feel safe. It was the sister hotel who then drove me to Koulouris hotel. I booked a room with kitchenette and only got a room and I am still waiting on a refund. Another lone female also has the same situation. Room very basic which was fine (as I have had some excellent clean rooms in Greece in the past), except bathroom stunk, mattress dirty and what cups that were in the room were dirty. Cleaner only came once over 8 days to empty bins only. Towels dirty. Pool- very dirty, I got a throat infection and verucas on my feet as did others. Happy hour- joke, 2 for 1 cocktails doesn't make sense. Drinks & food cheaper in town. Maria lovely and Thomas is a t**t and rude. My flight was 5am and they picked me up at 8:30pm the day before and put you in the sister hotel for 5 hours even thou I had paid for that night and I had no choice as I then wouldn't get my transfer. Other guest who had flights at 6am & even 9am were picked up at 8:30pm the night before and made to wait in reception at sister hotel. Picture on website is a joke. The rep was useless and was only interested in drinking...anything else was not his problem. Kavos is NOT suitable for families, full of nightclubs, loud music till early morning and drunken 16 to 20yr olds. However, I was lucky when I met some lovely people who made the trip. "

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

Hotels near Koulouris Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Koulouris Beach Hotel

• kay-c by kay-c

"Cant remember what it was called but it was a mexican place on the corner of the high street yummy "

• skh23 by skh23

"Really good clubs and music, definately one for the young and lively "

• skh23 by skh23

"Edelwiess Bar, 42nd Street, Buzz (but don't buy drink, they're a bit dodgey), TKD's for food "

• dcurran by dcurran

"a cheap place to go, friendly staff, accomadation basic but ok, plenty of hot water, "

• naomiiiiii by naomiiiiii

"the night life is crazzzyy,, lovely people n great resturantss !!! sun sea sand people n alcohol!:) "

• naomiiiiii by naomiiiiii

"errm jet ski, swimmin , theos booze crusieee, aqua land, rose tavern (all off the food) "

• Jonny by Jonny

"Dont stay here!!!!!!!!! "

• bt by bt

"do not take your children here "

• TS by TS

"never ever ever stay there, please! "

• gracerob by gracerob

"A lot of walking is on the beach so not good for people with walking difficulties, great nightlife and lots of places to eat. "

• abi by abi

"If your planning on the booze cruse or going to the water park shop around "

• koulouris by koulouris

"Bring insect repellant! "

• chris by chris

"go next door to Sweet Dreams "