Ekati Complex

Kavos 490 80 Greece

The Hell of St Trininans

"One of the most awful hotels we have ever experienced. We booked last minute and learned our lesson not to trust the reviews on TripAdvisor. Instead always the worst reviews first. The staff and Thomson are not interested in complaints and their stock answer is Kavos is a party town why did you book here? The Welcome pack is a "shot" of cough medicine and your room key with a large and heavy fob advertising the hotel and room. The rooms are small and just functional.The bedding and towels are barely washed. The pillows and blankets stank and my head was itching for days. You have to ask for clean towels and loo paper. Forget about trying to sleep. The music is blasted 20 hours a day. As they only provide 1 key per room there is an early cacophony of banging doors and the sound of begging to be let in every night. Try asking for a quiet room and they string you along for a few days then show you a filthy dungeon. This is the quiet room! The food is overpriced and drinks watered down. The AC is charged at 50 E per week and not worth it as its not possible to stay in the room for long unless you are out of your mind with drink and nitrogen gas which they sell at the counter for 2E a shot. The Thompson Office is run by the hotel staff who we thought were Thomson staff. After we complained the management did a good cop, bad cop routine on us. The place is full people who I would describe as just having left school or their marital home and experiencing anarchy without the handicaps of their parents or partner. Most hotels have instructions in the room designed for your safety and comfort. Here there are a list of highly inflated breakage charges, and warning notices. The few items of furniture and the bed were at the point of disintegration and their use made you nervous in case you received a bill for damages. The WiFi is non existent although advertised free. But yes you can pay to use the fast internet. 5E for 15 minutes. You need to go into town to get it free. The brochure and internet photos of the pool are also deceiving. Behind the roadside wall the refuse from the hotel and neighboring places mounts and festers for days as the local council don't pick up for at least a fortnight. On the other side by the pool bar is a waft of raw sewage from the drains. My opinion is that Thomson are making a good profit from first-timers who are paying inflated prices for the "all you can drink" venues to be concerned with anyone else. This place has a seedy and sinister undercurrent. If you have booked here and not yet gone pay the transfer charge and move. The other option is that you can get really good accommodation for around 30E per room or less. Don't hire a car in town as the prices are inflated to cover younger drivers. "

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2016

Ekati 'Night Club' Hotel

"We spent two weeks, from 13-27 of June 2016, in Ekati hotel, Kavos, Corfu having booked the trip with Thompson/TUI at a good price. It was advertised as a "Scene" hotel. Yet nobody has explained to us so far what that means except in terms of "cool days and lively nights".
At first, we had to share the balcony with a group of nice looking teenagers who, after midnight were having their "lively" night cap right next to our glass door, leaving in their wake a mountain of drinking debris.
Then, we had to endure a week of decibels assault in our own hotel room. The hotel has its own DJ who, every night from about 7:30 pm till well after 1am, blasted relentlessly trance music that easily penetrated our room walls, windows, doors, pillows and the ear plugs and headsets we armed ourselves in self defense. Then the barman played the music as long as it had customers, because it was indeed a 24x7 bar. It did not help our understanding that we noticed that every time the music blasted the bar and patio, many patrons seemed to vanish away.
A hotel is not a night bar though. But Ekati doubles as a night club and hotel. 24x7 music and booze, no sleep.
It did not help that we begged the DJ, hotel staff, owner or even the 112 police to turn the volume down. We were ignored even though, as anywhere else, after the curfew hour, typically 23:00 hours, the music must be played only indoors with the doors shut. It did not help either to ask our reps and Thomson customer service to either move us or turn the music down. Neither the Ekati hotel, nor the reps helped us move to a quiet room because they were all of another "type". Neither did they offer a room in a similar Thomson hotel or an early return flight. We had to reserve, pay and arrange for transfers ourselves.
It was our fault that we booked the holiday when it was advertised lively and Scene! Hence, we had to pay. And pay we did. We wandered on the Kavos strip bars and beach, both rather derelict, until dropping dead tired so we wouldn't care.
In the end, rather than succumbing with exhaustion, we booked a week in a nearby hotel, Olive Grove, while we hold the room in Ekati as a luggage room. It proved to be wonderfully peaceful. No blasting music. No nice teenagers turning into vampires after midnight. No booze competitions. No overly loud music all night.
Fifteen minutes before departure to the airport, the reps came to register our complaint and got angry when we refused.

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2016

Disgusting, vile and filthy

"This is THE most disgusting place you will find. We arrived at Kavos in the early morning, we had to wait about half an hour for them to show us to our room and when we were shown our room we were utterly disappointed. We traveled with Thomson (which I do not recommend anyone to travel with)! We were promised a balcony (which we never got). The bed sheets were stained and dirty. There was a chewing wrapper on the floor, the room was filthy and the toilet absolutely stank. I was aware it was a 2* accommodation but I was expecting it to be CLEAN at least! I would never recommend anyone to go here. The staff were utterly rude when we mentioned the room was filthy and refused to change our room. If you like feeling clean and having good customer service and having a toilet that doesn't stink then I suggest you don't stay here. There was also a sewage drain right in the middle of our bathroom! Absolutely disgusting! Never again! "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2013

Terrible accomodation

"Me & 3 mates went to kavos and stayed in ekati last week it was awful, we had a leek in our room coming from the air con & it stunk the room out, when we told the lady on reception she was so rude and didnt want to help, the rooms look nice as they have been refurbished but everything jus falls apart.
also the pool is green so i would not reccomend to use it.when we asked the reps they said it wil be fine tommorow but it stil was green the next day.we went to different appartments called agnes and used there pool was lovely there, i would def reccomend to stay there if you do go kavos."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of August 2011

would never ever go back

"Myself and my sister stayed at the ekati, the rooms were clean as was the pool (except for seeing rats running along the pool side in the day) On the third night of our stay we were burgled. We stayed on the second floor, we made sure all windows and doors were locked at all times, so you can imagine the suprise to find our patio doors wide open when we came in from clubbing, burgulars took most of our clothes, perfumes, ipod, e.tc and even used our hand luggage bags to pinch all our stuff, they even took our used laundry, so spent the remainder of our supposed holiday upset, miserable and wearing the same clothes a number of thimes as most outfits were stolen!! i was informed that this was the first time the ekati had ever had experienced a burgulary, the hotel staff were quite sympathetic and directed us where the police station was, as for one of the reps who was really quite rude the next day in saying we looked miserable even though we had most of our belongings stolen, what do people expect when you save hard for a holiday to be then burgled and then be told by a rep that you look miserable!! totally unprofessional and unhelpful!! The beach was smelly and dirty and not a beach we felt we could lay and relax on, also heard from locals that a certain bar was using ethanol in drinks rather than the alcohol you assume your getting when paying. We heard that a 6ft 3 man collapsed and was taken to hospital after drinking in this bar, so if you dont mind drinking ethanol, want to lay on a **** smelly beach and dont mind getting burgled then book for kavos!!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of March 2011

Fantastic

Good

"Ekati apartments were great, staff were nice and all speak good english. I stayed in the apartments opposite the main block, the rooms had just been refurbished and not as basic as other places most of greece is very basic. Rooms were cleaned daily. Air-con was expensive but a godsend. No problems sleeping at night as apartments are at the quiet end of the strip. Easy access to Telephones and computers and you can exchange money and withdraw cash from atm in office. Very handy having a 24 hour bar and cheap. Only 1 complaint swimming pool did turn swim wear green so dont wear white bikini/trunks in pool. Kavos is good for nightlife but during the day not much to do without having to spend a fortune on excursions. Beach was bit rubbish but there is a private section owned by the island bar. "

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

AWESOME HOLIDAY

Good

"Before leaving i read reviews saying it was a aweful place, but we stayed in the flats across the road above the office and they were really nice modern rooms with a great balcony. The pools were greats, bar is amazing, food was okay, a bit high in price. The staff were welcoming and helpful. I would tell anyone to go there!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

Was OK but wouldnt go again...

"I'm kind of late writing this review (as its now Jan 09 and i went Jun 08!!) but thought id still give my response...

This was my first holiday away with friends - we booked with 2wentys, first choice. The flights were all on time and i loved the reception being 24hour as we arrived approx 4am. It was nice to have a bit of life at that time!

In June, the main block (the one with the swimming pool) hadnt been refurbished whereas the block over the road (which was literally five steps away) was MUCH nicer!! Im not sure if the main block has been refurbished yet but, to be safe, i would request to be in the block over the road!!

The picture seen at the top of this page with the swimming pool is NOT how the swimming pool is now... There is a small jacuzzii like swimming pool in its place then a longer rectangle one a few meters away. If you're going to be in the pool quite a bit (we were as it was between 30c and 38c - reaching 40c one day) then DO NOT wear white! The pool is very chlorinated and you will have a tint of green on anything white. I washed my bikini through everyday and it still happened to me!

The bar there is GREAT. They do really nice fry ups and sandwiches and i think they served until 4pm. The drinks are REALLY cheap too! I used to have the vodka slush's in the day but the cocktails are like E2.50 - perfect place to meet up before a night out.

The beds were ok but the room wasnt great! Im glad we payed for the air con as it became so hot! (the air con also had a heat mode which we used a few times when we became cold after being in the sun all day)

The kitchen is barely a kitchen! A small fridge, kettle and what they like to call a hob (i personally dont think it was) all we used the kitchen for was to store water in the fridge and have cup of teas!

The shower didnt have a curtain so you had to learn to shower sitting down (not as far for the water to go) - it stayed fairly warm though.

Dont worry about flushing toilet roll down the toilet - we always did it and there was never a problem!

The rooms did have random decor though (dodgy cat pictures) and the draws at the bottom of the wardrobe werent the best quality either!

I didnt find the mosquitos a problem but i did take mosquito spray and sprayed it on my arms and legs at night.

The night life was good... you usually go to the same places on the 2wentys bar crawls and they start at 8pm which isnt great when u could do with a sleep before going out!! We did quite a few of the excursions and would definately recommend the booze cruise and the school disco (foam party)! We would also recommend the Battle of the Sexes but you could tag along with all the other pub crawls!

Theres a fancy dress shop near the apartments which we found great for when we wanted a themed night out!

Beach was rubbish - far too small! We never went on it. We did find a place with speed boats though which was quite good for a day out.

Cant really think of much else to say now as it was so long ago i went.. These apartments are ok if you get them cheap, and kavos is ok if your after the night life but not the beach. I wont be going to Kavos again and think id prefer to not go with a "young and lively" operator"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of January 2009

Ekati review

"Where do I start!... Most FANTASTIC holiday ever! The weather was pretty shocking in September but it didn't matter. I met some of the greatest people I've ever met in Kavos. We'd go on a fab night out, then meet back at Ekati 3-4am, loads people still up and about. We'd either sit in 24hr bar with well cheap cotails, 2 euro!! and really nice (Ladies Bomer my favorate!) or have drinks in other peoples room. All the staff so layed back, we weren't quiet put it that way. They loved it, so friendly. I could go on and on about what a great time I had, but I couldn't do it justice. All I will say is do it!!
I'll give you a few pointers tho.....
The whole hotel is geared up for a rowdy crowd that drink late and sleep all day, so don't be expecting anything different. Maid's come later on in afternoon coz no one see's the morning, if you still in the room they wont come back and they don't speak english! Your bathroom floor will be wet all the time, there is a drain on the floor but probably no shower curtain (ours did tho, we were lucky!) So bring your own towels and use hotel towels to dry the floor! I definatly stay at Ekati again! basic but I was well impressed for what we payed and our room was huge!
2wentys do a package think it was 160 euro, it was well good fun but a rip off. Do it if you must, but I recommend taggin along with bar crawl and paying separately for booze cruise if you can.
Always try and get offers off bar promoters, otherwise not cheap!
Bring loadsa mosquito spray and there is a major wasp problem they are really anoying!!
Don't let any of that put you off tho that was the only few things I'd say and its not even a negative.
DO IT! YOU HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

Kavos was brill!!!! Twentys reps were re...

"Kavos was brill!!!! Twentys reps were really helpful especially our rep Adam (Luton). He was cute as well..... The rooms were very basic and the shower was a nightmare it had no shower curtain and water was everywhere. The night life was mint and I'd definitely go again. Pool bar was 24hrs so that was good....defo go again loved it.... c ya 2008 :.)"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Me and my boyfriend went to Kavos for a...

"Me and my boyfriend went to Kavos for a week. Stayed at the Ekati. We had a wicked holiday was absolutely mad! Wouldn't really recommend the hotel to older people as it was very noisy in the nights/mornings, and hard to sleep! The apartments were pretty basic but enough for what you need them for! They were clean not smelly and had air con! We had a good shower, no curtain but we managed! We had the cleaners round twice in the week cleaned the floors and took rubbish both times, changed the sheets once and I had to ask for clean towels but they were happy to do it! (They're not very good at English though.)

We booked all the excursions with 2wentys which we did learn to regret as we missed a few and felt it was a bit of a waste. You can book them singly the day you go and I would advise this. We went on the Spank Nite, 50cent Nite, School Disco and Trinity. They were all wicked although it is hard to get drinks when its a free bar! Trinity was amazing but was so packed and it was boiling in there! School disco was the best they give you a shirt and tie that you can keep! and play all the cheesy dance songs lol so much fun! Wouldn't recommend the bar crawl night as they take you on a bar crawl before every night out, bit of a waste of money! Was to knackered and hung over to do the boat trip and water park!

Loved the 24hr bar the staff were all wicked (Spiro, Yanis and Alex) all lovely to chat to! Drinks were the cheapest in Kavos, we found it was best to stay and have a couple here before nights out coz the Reps take you on a bar crawl before every event and its much cheaper to stay at Ekati bar and find them after! Loadsa Cocktails all 2.50 Euro for a pint, same as vodka redbulls!

The Reps where all wicked! They're really good fun to go out with and will have a laugh with ya, we occasionally found they would buy you drinks lol! Obviously they are there to do their job but they are also there for a laugh and will chat and get 2 know ya!

The Restaurants around Kavos are nice, but not as cheap as we expected, for a really good meal your looking at 25 to 30Euros for 2 people. But some places do 3 course meal offers at around 7 Euros, these are good but there's a selected menu. We loved the village taverna for brekkie! it was a good portion, delicious and only 10Euros for 2 of us!

Would defo recommend Kavos and the Ekati! Wanna go back next year! Was great fun, but would advice you go in a group as it is more group orientated than couples!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

Kavos was amazing!!! The Ekati apartment...

"Kavos was amazing!!! The Ekati apartments were great. The staff were nice, the food & drink were good!!! It was great having a 24 hour bar right on your door step for drinks before going out, especially when stumbling home at night / in the morning!! The apartments were clean and modern!!
Best places at night were Rocky's, Trinity, Crush, Rolling Stones, Face Bar (during the day) and I particularly liked Atlantis, where I spent the best parts of my holiday! It smelt a bit but not as much as I was told.
The beach wasn't all that good but the pedaloes were cool. It didn't really matter though because we had a nice pool.
Be careful of the roads, I nearly got run over about 100 times....I was only there for a week!!

Enjoy!!! "

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Hotels near Ekati Complex

Stayed at Ekati Complex? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ekati Complex

• LDTravel by LDTravel

"The Booze Cruise was worth the money, Rockys bar was great too! "

• lil_dave by lil_dave

"j.c's is great so is the beetle bar. The forum bar wins hands down, free drinks for buying breakfast "

• xsophx by xsophx

"Kavos is great for pubbin and clubbin. Not much to do during the day without paying a fortune "

• xsophx by xsophx

"Face bar, rocky bar, rolling stones, mojos "

• flowerbomb123 by flowerbomb123

"Don't stay here, biggest mistake. "

• Bedworth by Bedworth

"To leave immediately and find a place you can sleep relax and unwind "

Ekati Complex is also called