The Twin Room at the Corfu Sea Gardens

Absoloutely Awful.

Reviewed 6th August 2015

"I'm not one to write reviews, although I read them. I had to write a review on Corfu Sea Gardens as I wanted to warn anyone thinking of booking to stay there. I have read other reviews and can relate to all the negative ones. The manager is the most rudest obnoxious arrogant man I have ever met. My children and I arrived in the evening to be met by the security guard or should I say the managers side kick. He demanded I give in our passports and placed them on the shelf behind which was based in the reception area, he then showed us to our room. I explained to him this was not what I had paid for he called the manager who came to the room. Words cannot describe how furious this man was I thought he was going to hit me, he stunk of drink and told me to go and find some where else. I had to take his abuse as it was late and had no other option. The next day he tried to be nice, he's a creep. Would also like to mention my children and I witnessed him kissing the young receptionist. As for the WASPS I got stung a few times it was horrific, you could not eat or rest in piece as the were constantly flying around you. The accommodation was riddled with ants, shower was crap. I couldn't wait to leave the hell hole. I could go on and on writing all the negative. one positive was the staff at the bar. AWFUL place "

• Travel date: 6th August 2015

When in Kavos

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"So me and the girls went on a party Holiday, we turned up at the hotel at 5am with Drunk naked guys hangin out of the balcany. The staff at reception are so moody, they did not smile at us the whole week that we had stayed however the reps and entertainment staff were nice. If you are looking to go on a family holiday do NOT stay here as all there is is drunk naked people. DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE; If you dont mind living off plain noodle and pasta all week, there is a bar around the corner that serves proper food instead of plastic bacon and eggs. Horrible food. The bed sheets had blood stains on them, you couldnt move in the shower it was that small and we ocasionaly found a dog or cat chillin in our rooms. If you are looking to go on a party holiday ( which ours was) this is the place to stay, water sports just outside the hotel, booze, booze and more booze, Booze cruise, plenty of nightclubs. 15 Min walk to the strip. Livable conditions for people who are contsanly drunk. DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS THERE!!!!"

• Travel date: 15th March 2013

It is what you make it

Reviewed 13th September 2012

"I travelled to the Corfu sea gardens with two other friends in August! I'll start with the good news! Kavos was fantastic! The entertainment at night was very good too, although get there early to secure a seat or you could be watching from a sun lounger! the service was very good, we had an issue with our shower and one day we never got new toilet paper, don't hesitate to say to reception, they fix it within the next couple of hours! I guess the hotel does have faults, it was very boring food, chips pasta and salad every day with a lot of bland Meats. The times leave quite a bit between meals, snacks are I my ice cream or strange Greek pasties. Breakfast finished at 10 - lunch 12.30 - 2.30 and dinner 7-9.30. Its also a 10min walk into kavos in the pitch black, we went in every night but opted for taxis, reception call for you an in kavos any bar or food place will call one for you. They were 8 euros each way. The hotel kitchenette wasn't very clean but I guess you get what you paid for! There was a lovely private pool right aroun the corner if you struggled for a lounger. overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Corfu sea gardens. I normally stay club 18-30 and know that Greek hotels tend to be very basic anyway. If you go thinking your getting 5* for a 450 price mark your deluded anyway! All in all I don't think I'll rush back to this hotel though. "

• Travel date: 12th September 2012

the only things that are free on all inclusive is the toilet paper

Reviewed 29th August 2012

"meet nice people, but they all had the same problams with the food. i ended up with food poisoning from the fish and chicken they serve the same food for tea what was out for dinner and re-heated. i had diarrhoea and sickness for a full 7days.. and in the end i had to go on a drip i wouldnt advise anybody to go to sea gardens hotel!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 28th August 2012

worst holiday ever filthy

Reviewed 20th June 2012

"stopped at this hotel 4 times over 8 years its disgusting towels and sheets changed only once in eleven days (opposed to twice a week had to rob the cleaning trolley) bedroom and bathroom had black mould on ceilings pool had cigarette stubs all over loungers unclean same food every meal never again hovel not hotel we bar staff excellent manager dissappeared when you neaded him "

• Travel date: 20th June 2012

Just about average, wouldn't go back

Reviewed 18th August 2011

"Me, my Husband and our 6 year old twin boys stayed here for a week. On the whole the hotel was ok, nothing special, no wow factor, but could've been worse and far from a holiday from hell or anything like that. ROOM We had a spacious room with a kitchenette (with nothing in it), fridge, bathroom and twin beds on the ground floor. Then some stairs leading up to a double bed and another toilet. There was a nice sized balcony with table and chairs. The room wasn't very clean, the stairs were thick with dust, the upstairs toilet smelt so bad that we had to keep the door shut or we couldn't sleep for the smell of stale wee (with the door shut it was fine). I left a book on the floor next to the bed on day 1 and it hadn't moved when we packed to go home so I don't think the upstairs was cleaned at all. The air con from the room next door was quite noisy although we did manage to sleep through it. The beds were memory foam matresses which personally I always have trouble sleeping on. The pillows were really lumpy and felt like they were filled with rocks! There was a nice lot of wardrobe and drawer space. POOL AND BEACH The pool was great, it wasn't freezing so it was easy to go for a dip, the kids loved the little kids pool. The beach was ok, lots of seaweed on it and not the best I've seen but clean enough. Take shoes to wear in the water as people were spiked by sea urchins! FOOD Well...when we first came I couldn't understand what people on here were complaining about. However, by day 3 or 4 of seeing the same food offered on a daily basis I was sick to death of it. This really lets the place down. Breakfast was always (and I mean EVERY day exactly as this reads) eggs, bacon (tasteless strange bacon), mini hot dogs and beans, museli, jam, greek yogurt and honey, processed ham and feta cheese. Lunch was always tomatos, cucumber, feta, onions, coleslaw, fish from the day before chopped into salad, beetroot, tzaziki and pickles. Chips, rice, plain pasta. Then a meat stew dish, a mousakka type dish in various forms, and fish. Occasionally there were rock hard and strange tasting chicken nuggets, burgers or fish fingers. Dinner was the same as lunch but the meat dishes were different, usually those from lunch adapted a little. There was always fresh bread which was really nice and little cakes etc for dessert which were also nice. The food itself wasn't terrible and seemed fresh but it was just the same all the time! There are a couple of Tavernas close by and if I could've gone again we probably would've eaten out every other day to break the monotiny of the hotel food and I'm sure we would've enjoyed it more. SNACKS These were pretty yuck, you got them from the pool bar and they looked like mini sausage rolls but were reheated pastry filled with what I think was feta. The pool bar does sell toasties and pizza but they're not included in the all inc, such a shame as they would've gone down well! There was soft scoop ice cream during certain hours. They also sold candy floss in the evenings for the kids, this candy floss drum was left out all day and night in the pool area, uncovered and unwashed, full of sugar, wasps and flies bleugh!! ENTERTAINMENT The kids club lady never looked very happy or enthusiastic and we weren't surprised to find she quit!! The other two staff were happy and polite when talking to you but when talking to each other without realising people were watching them they didn't look happy at all. The boys enjoyed the kids club which was open every day except Weds from 10.30-12.30, the kids club lady that was there when we were didn't really gather the children or anything so some people may have missed it even happening. During the day there was always water aerobics, darts, table tennis, water polo and pool. You can get a free pedalo for half an hour from the watersports people between 12 and 5. Every night there was a mini disco that the kids enjoyed, this was then followed by bingo (5 euros for 2 tickets), and then some other form of lack lustre entertainment. The Greek night was painful with even the 3 greek dancers looking bored!! We were lucky to have met a group of people that made our evenings fun and in the end we didn't pay much attention to the entertainment. LOCATION Kavos itself is crazy and there's no way I would take my children there at night. When we came through on our 2am transfer people were hammering on the sides of the coach like we were in a riot! Where the hotel is situated it is very quiet, there are a handful of tavernas and a couple of shops in close vicinity. If you want to walk into Kavos, go onto the beach and turn left, keep walking for about 10 mins. You can take the road way but it's longer and a bit dangerous because of the traffic."

• Travel date: 14th August 2011

Worst hotel ever stayed in

Reviewed 17th August 2011

"This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed how they have the nerve to call it 4* I would not rate it as 1*. We had 6 in our group 3 children 1 baby and 2 adults and we are not fussy eaters but we spent a absolute fortune eating out as none of us could stomach the food, it was disgusting. We always go all inclusive but I have never experienced anything as bad as this. As for the rooms yes they are big and spacious with an added bonus of a fridge which I had to totally clean before placing any food in it. the bathroom was dark and covered in mould, taps which did not run properly because of all the limescale, shower ran equally as fast, it took about half an hour to was your hair. As for the management, well please do not attempt to complain or you will be cursed at and very rudely and threatened to be kicked out of the hotel, this was after I catching him swearing at some children playing ping pong. Not even in greek, oh no he made sure some 6 year old kids new exactly what he was saying. He sat at the bar most of the day drinking then made himself very loud at night, the poor staff were scared of him on our last day I sat in the pool bar doing a cross word and he sat accross from my table in swimwear touching certain areas and I did not dare tell him to stop so I asked one of the bar staff to ask him because there was children around they replied if I do I will get sacked and he will just say its his hotel he can do what he whats too. I just moved my chair to a different direction, I was so glad it was my last day. Please, please, please think very carfully about going to this hotel, I had the worst holiday of my life staying in this hotel. But on a possitive note do try the watersports the people are fantastic and so friendly, the staff work so hard and the entertainment tried but it was marred by the bar closing at 10. Please do try the rose tree pub the man who runs it is the nicest man I have ever met and brilliant food. "

• Travel date: 10th August 2011

Disaster!!!

Reviewed 15th September 2010

"Firstly yes you pay for what you get, but personally i wouldnt pay £300 to be put in hospital for the duration of my holiday! Me and my friend arrived at corfu sea gardens and first impressions were good, hotel staff were lovely and we went to our room and unpacked. Rooms where average, tipical 3* hotel. we then went down to eat, food seemed ok at first untill a few hours after eating i got serious food poising! spent the first few days in lying with my head on the toilet so ill i couldnt move. i got so bad that the local doctor refered me to hospital in corfu town. An ambulance picked me up from reception area and it was an hours journey to the hospital. i was digraced when it stopped half way to pick up a young lad with a broken foot, he sat in the ambulance with me. i was then in hospital for the rest of my stay with a drip in my arm! the doctors warned me to never eat there again! my friend ws talking to the shop keeper on site and told him how ill i'd been, his reply was yeah all english people moan that theve been i'll, but if they complain i will loose my job as they will close down the hotel< he also admitted he would never eat here, and said you dont get to see what they do to your food, then laughed!! He also made sexual comments to my friend and kept asking for sex! IF YOU THINK YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... WOULD YOU REALLY PAY FOR THIS??"

• Travel date: 13th September 2010

A taste of Greek Culture....

Reviewed 6th September 2010

"My Fiance and I went to Corfu Sea Gardens for our summer holiday in June 2010 and we both had a really relaxing time. The staff were friendly, the food was tasty with a pleasant variety, the alcoholic beverages were frequent and were available all day and their was also activities by the animation team, including an entertaining evening of greek dancing. We were offered the chance to visit the owner's resturant attached to his home (up in the beautiful mountains of Corfu). Its called Sunset Taverna. The views are breathtaking and we felt very honoured to be treated by his family to a fantastic three course meal which included Sovaliki and Grilled fish. My fiance felt her sovaliki was slightly dry. But well worth a visit. However the beach is a little basic and I think the sand appears artifical. But we didn't mind as the location is ideal. We were not there to party in Kavos and wanted to relax and get a bit of sun. We visited the ancient old town of Corfu (an hour by coach) and also a boat tour of nearby Paxos and Anti-Paxos - costing extra, but certainly recommended. Our tour rep Jason is friendly but be warned the trips are cheaper down the road!! Although we did visit the rolling stone bar one night and were the only ones there as it was 11pm and most of the clubbers start at 12am. Watch out with the cocktails as I think we got ripped off on the 2nd round!! First round very cheap to lure us in... The other holiday makers make the holiday as we met two sweet sisters from Portsmouth (one whom was going through a messy divorce and the other obsessed with sex) and an elderly couple from somewhere in the North.... To sum up, a good value budget holiday, for all who need a refreshing, relaxing break away from the day to day grind of the british isles."

• Travel date: 5th September 2010

Great times at Corfu Sea Gardens

Reviewed 18th August 2010

"My 13 year old daughter and i went last week to corfu sea gardens and had a fantastic time. it is a 3 star hotel and you pay for what you get. We enjoyed the whole holiday. it is a family hotel with loads of kids and is 90% british. Everyone (including staff ) were friendly especially the bar staff. Food is all inclusive but not very inspiring but the pool and fantastic sea in the bay made you forget the food. The animation team were bonkers and really entertaining. I thing which you can not blame the hotel for is DO NOT FORGET INSECT REPELLANT!!!! Room cleaned every day and towels changed if left on the floor otherwise every other day which is accepted practice throughout greek resorts"

• Travel date: 17th August 2010

Had a great time

Reviewed 22nd July 2010

"My son and I have just returned from 2 weeks at corfu sea gardens. We had a brilliant time. The rooms were cleaned 6 days per week, sheets changed every other day and towels twice per week. All the staff were really friendly & helpful. The dining area was clean and the food was good, there was more than enough choice of food for us and we are fussy eaters. The pool was a good size and very clean with plenty of sunbeds. Last but not least the entertainment team, they were brilliant. They did there very best to keep us entertained throughout our holiday with darts, table tennis, water polo & volley ball, they would even play cards with you. Then there was the evening entertainment which was just as good. It is worth going to this hotel just to hear George & Danny sing Barbie Girl. All in all we had a fantastic holiday. Thanks to all at Corfu Sea Gardens."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2010

Stay Well Away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 15th July 2010

"we recently visited sea gardens at the end of june 2010 all inclusive for 2 wks was travelling as a family as we was taking our 8 yr old twins with us ,the room we stayed is was rather nice to be far but thats as far as the nice bits go ,we ate at the restaurant for the first 2 days of our holiday BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,it was revolting the drinks were watered down and to top it off we all was physically sick for the first wk of our holiday we started to pick up when we decided enough was enough when we saw a waiter scraping meat off a plate and taking it back in kitchen to be recycled for next day and same with the wine be poured back in the jug and takin away ,we ate out every meal after that and its was our best decision to have made ,the beds r like lying on concrete and the pillows worse i was never expecting a 5star holiday i never paid for that but we did pay for a 4star holiday and wouldnt even rate it as a 1 ,the resort advertises kids clubs which our children never saw or heard of 1 but we did see the animation team playing darts ,volley ball with the adults especially the ladys !!!!!!!!!!,if u r looking for a decent family holiday please stay well clear unless u want to pay to be physically sick ,made to sleep on a something u wouldnt even let your dog sleep on and be looked down on by the employees there who r just waiting for u to go back home,worse holiday ive ever had was in tears after first wk and was very happy to be on my transfer back to teh airport at the end of this nightmare ,which we had to argue about because they said we had no transfer booked untill we got paper work out and showed them please guys be warned STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Corfu Sea Gardens

Top traveller tips for Corfu Sea Gardens

• by emz77

"None, do not go there."

• by Darylhughes21

"Don't be picky at dinner - you have to be open to chips... Every night"

• by Dean W

"keep away from the resturant food"

• by helen_1972

"Rosetree and watersports"

• by sarah_123

"For you and/or your familys sake its not worth it!"

• by Dankel

"Ideal for sun seekers!!!"

• by girls away time

"It is not always about the room but the atmosphere and enjoyment provided"

• by one annoyed traveller and parent

"Stay Away !!!!!!!!!!!!"

• by Laura&Eryn

"Do not go with children"

• by leece09

"I would say it was for younger people for the night."

• by wayne the bean

"Very busy but I stayed in Aspro Kavos."

• by Sunny1979

"A smelly dump. Ideal drinking ground for teenagers. Steer clear."

• by abz168

"I would recommend going on the boat trip to Paxos Island. It's so beautiful!"

• by dougiebear

"Marias Famous Karaoke bar"

• by CHEWISON1

"already thinking of gooing back.. x"

• by ellen71

"small, full of young kids, still very safe "

Corfu Sea Gardens is also called

• corfu sea gardens kavos
  • corfu sea gardens hotel
  • sea gardens corfu