Corfu Sea Gardens

Asprocavos, Kavos 49080 Greece

rubbish

"when we arrived at 2am we were booked in and then taken 5 mins walk down the road to a building which had hotel erofili in large letters on the front, we were told this is where we would be staying, when we complained as the hotel erofili was 2* and we had to walk to the hotel corfu sea gardens to use their facilities we were told it was normal for people who booked to stay in 4* corfu sea gardens to stay in 2* hotel erofili, the rep and the hotel corfu sea gardens staff insisted their were no rooms free for 5 days and we were only staying 7 days. my friend was told by a chambermaid that a room was free after 2 nights in hotel erofili and eventually the rep said someone had left unexpectedly and we were allocated the room however one of the toilets was blocked and the beds broken, the staff and rep were very rude and unfriendly, we spoke to others who had also been put in hotel erofili and unless you complained you were left there"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Worst week of my life!

"I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend and 2 friends. We booked through Thomson's (never again!) and had a dreadful experience.

We had a 2-bedroom apartment which had a little kitchen (which we never used so I can't comment on) and a bathroom. The bedrooms were OK-ish, but the sheets had some dirty marks on them which looked like old stains, towels were threadbare and dirty and the floor was grubby so flip-flops were essential at all times. The beds were fairly comfortable though.

For me, the worst of it all was the bathroom. You couldn't flush toilet tissue down the toilet due to the poor plumbing (which is common in Greece) and had to dispose of it in a bin next to the toilet. Beware!! The cleaners did not come everyday, so you can imagine what the stench from the bin was like, especially as it was extremely hot and despite our efforts to spray air-fresheners round! It was awful, but the flies loved it.

Not that it mattered really because I just couldn't bring myself to use the bathroom due to the shower. There was no shower curtain and there was no way of attaching the shower to the wall either. How anyone is supposed to open their shampoo, lather their hair and wash themselves with only one hand whilst holding on to the shower with the other hand is anyone's guess. You couldn't let go of the shower head because, without a shower curtain, the spray would have soaked the bathroom. You wouldn't want to temporarily turn the shower off either because it took long enough for the water to come through to begin with.

The worst thing about the shower, however, was the rust. The shower head was thick with rust, which flaked off and went in your hair the whole time you were using it. Frankly you'd be cleaner for not taking a shower at all, but I decided upon a different option - The cold water shower by the swimming pool (between the restaurant and the bar). The cold water was a bit of a shock to the system, but at least it was a lot cleaner than the ones in the apartment. The only problem with this was the perving I got off the male staff when I took a shower. Obviously I wore a bikini because it was a public shower and I even got up at 7am in an attempt to avoid prying eyes, but that didn't stop the male staff from pulling up their chairs on the balcony of the restaurant to watch me take a shower whilst they made crude gestures at me and between themselves. They may as well have brought popcorn because clearly they'd never seen anyone wash their hair before or something. It was a really unpleasant experience for me, but quite frankly anything was better than using the shower in our apartment. Yes, it was that bad!

The staff in general were very unhelpful and bordered on rude. It wasn't even a cheap holiday, but it was certainly one of the worst weeks of my life! Don't ever go there!!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

Not bad

"Booked with your holidays ...wont be doing that again. On arrival we told so many lies that they forgot what they had told us as the hotel was over booked. Hotel is okay but never 4 star at its best 2 star. Entertainment is good if you like tacky pub stuff.

Waiters and recp staff all very friendly. BUT BARS ARE NOT OPEN AT THE TIMES STATED. and the AI finishes at 11.00 evan though the nain bar does not open till 10.30 alothough it states 6.00pm!!! if you go enjoy!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Okay for a week

"i have just returned and thought i'd give you my thoughts on the place. Very clean, we had a twin room, staff really friendly but some people had serious problems with delays on check in and the hotel being over booked.
Food was okay, a little boring after a few days, silly that the all inclusive finishes at 11 when the the entertainment carries on beyond that. Evening entertainment was really good, day times i was too chilled out to join in BUT the girls katy and riannah were more interestad in the blokes around the pool than families etc.. the evening stuff was really good and the two girls and alex were great fun.
There were alot of accomodation on arrival guests that would rather have been in Kavos, big groups of lads that were loud and intimidating at night on there way in from the clubs and the hotel did very little about this.
Overall it was a lovely hotel, food okay, staff helpful, evening stuff great, just a shame about the noise at night."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Kids Club What Kids Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"we had an upgrade to corfu sea gardens for the kids club,on arrival we booked in at 2pm to be told our room wouldnt be ready until 4pm.At 4 pm we finally book into our rooms we then proceed down to the bar about 5.30 and order drinks (all non branded)order cokes for the kids and ask where we could find the kids club.the answer we got was the kids club is out of season (not what it said on the website)we then asked where the kids could get an ice-cream from to find out thet were too late the ice-cream was rationed to 10.30-12-30 then3.30-5.30(try to explain that to the kids).next day we make more enquiries about the kids club to find out the contract was not renewed due to cost and the animation team would do there best to amuse the kids (these people were not trained or did not have the qualifications) on the same day we went to a meeting with the rep we booked transfers for 2 people back to the airport for the monday,as far as we were concerned it was booked.on the sunday night prior to us leaving we called into reception to check on the time of departure of the coach what coach????asked the receptionist.finally they got held of the rep who forgot to book the coach for us the only two times they could then fit them onto a coach was 8am or 1pm we were flying at 1 so we had to accept the 8am coach fine.following morning we got up at 7am to get ready for the coach at 8.at 8am the resteraunt opened where the kids asked if they could get a roll to take with them on entry to the resteraunt we were refused entry due to us leaving and handing the keys in so i asked to speak to a manager where i was told there would not be one in till the following day i would not recomend this resort to anybody with children"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

PEACEFUL AND RELAXING " lovely hotel"

"Visited first 2 wks in August. had a great time, we are a family with an 11yr old. and travelled with 2 other families. We were all inclusive. cheapest holiday i have booked well worth it.

Clean rooms, staff very helpful and friendly, our room was spacious with a seperate kitchen with fridge, microwave , kettle, table and chairs. with a mezzenine, it had a bed and camp bed.
Clean large pool and lovely gardens, had trouble visiting places as my daughter loved the pool so much.

Entertaiment was low key during the day as most people just wanted to relax but they had a kids club 11.30-12.30 daily. Night enterainment was fun as Alex, Riana and Katie worked really hard at entertaining the guest. nothing was too much trouble.
Food was ok, don't expect much from the smack bar but do keep asking them, the more you ask the more they put out.

There were problems with the drainage smell the first week, but the second week when the british came was even worse with blocked toilets. if only people would put the paper in the bins provided there wouldn't be a problem with blocked drains.
There are watersports on the beach my husband enjoyed waterskiing said it was good value for money, philip who owns it is very friendly and helpful . if you are all inclusive pedalos and canoes are free.

This hotel is 10 mins walk into kavos through the day it is pretty quiet we walked in one evening ok for kids as it doesn't come alive untill after 10.30pm. you must call into the layby on the way Demos and son Tallis were very friendly couldn't do enough for us, we even called in on a couple of mornings for an English breakfast as a treat. price starting @ 1.70 euros.

I would rate this hotel. and had one of the best holidays i've had and would definatley return.

We normaly use our hotel as a base and explore the island which never happened. we've had the lazyest holiday ever and enjoyed ever minute of it.

p.s Enjoy your holiday"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Banter in Kavos

Good

"My boyfriend and I have just returned from here after spending our first holiday together in Kavos. The hotel was value for money. Great activities during the day and night time. Hotel was full of a range of different people. Would definately go back here. Kavos town was a short walk away, we didn't catch one taxi! If your going to go.. make sure u go to the pizzeria just a short walk around the corner by Aspros!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of September 2006

open mind

"just returned from sea gardens today in fact .. we had a lovely time thou am going to be honest .. the hotel was great the room,pool and general atmosphere was fantastic for the money ,my only reservation was the food...if you are fussy or like me a veggie two weeks is a hell of a time.. we ate out a few times .. the entertainment was very family orientated and shall i say unique .. bingo, club style singing and quizzes .. but ignore killjoy reviews,if you want five star sophis go to barbados and pay £1500 each ! we were happy with the hol and if you go say hi to bruno the dog who lives near the pool area he is a cutie !"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of August 2006

7th July 2006 Great hotel, rubbish location 21 yr old from Broadstairs, UK

Good

"Corfu sea gardens is a lovely hotel, we stayed on the ground floor and did get the occasional beetle but you expect that in foreign countries. The room was basic but once again-what more do you need? The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and towels are changed regularly, the only problem we had with our room was the shower had a mind of its own.
The rooms were dark but if you kept the shutters closed all day it meant that the room was lovely and cool at night.

The gardens are lovely and the pool is great. The entertainment was...interesting but okay. The reps didn't even speak to us as we were a couple and they were only interested in the lads but that didn't bother us too much.

We went all inclusive and the food was really good, but you have to be prepared to try different dishes-if you are going all inclusive and long for burgers and pizza then this isn't for you.

The all inclusive drinks finished at 11pm but we just got loads in before, and they put so much alcohol in them you won't need anymore after then! Sex on the beach cocktails are a must.

The beach was a bit disappointing but then kavos beach isn't that far away and we mainly stayed by the pool as it was so nice there.

We went on an excursion to Aqualand and the Blue Lagoon boat trip-I would recommend both. Aqualand is a long coach trip but its great fun when you get there.

We came through Kavos in our taxi from the airport and it actually scared us, with drunken louts running all over the place. It also really smells awful. We didn't go into kavos once as it just seemed to be full of 17/18 yr olds looking for people to sleep woth-it made me feel old and im only 21!!! The hotel, however is far enough away from Kavos so that it doesn't smell and its really quiet, if you want a relaxing week or two i would recommend it.

We also went to a nice italian restaurant on the last night which is only 5 minutes walk from the hotel-would recommend it.

I think if i went to corfu again i would go to a different location but corfu sea gardens was great."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

it stinks literally !!!!!!!!!!!

"Beautifully landscaped and the apartments look ok from the outside but the rooms are awful !! Small dingy and dark and if you are on the ground floor beware of the squelch of cockroaches. If you are unfortunate enough to be in blook seventowards the back of the complex it stinks of sewage. Three of us were staying in 1 room and the 3rd bed consisted of a falling apart camp bed. Also when the sheets were changed they were always damp.

The pool was beautiful and kept clean and tidy. Only be up early to compete with the germans for a sun bed !!

The food was nice but very very very repetative.

The bar was limited for an all inclusive complex opened at ten am and shut at eleven pm. The beer and spirits were watered down, and only two drinks were allowed to be ordered at a time with no exceptions whiuch resulted in lots of trips to the bar as they were served in small paper cups, which proved to be difficult when trying to be sociable and chatty with people.

The entertainment was great for kids but pathetic for adults, which a few of the female entertainers being highly unsociable to families and females but loved the arrival of young british lads that arrived daily.

dont waste you money !!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

Absoloutely Awful.

"I'm not one to write reviews, although I read them. I had to write a review on Corfu Sea Gardens as I wanted to warn anyone thinking of booking to stay there. I have read other reviews and can relate to all the negative ones. The manager is the most rudest obnoxious arrogant man I have ever met. My children and I arrived in the evening to be met by the security guard or should I say the managers side kick. He demanded I give in our passports and placed them on the shelf behind which was based in the reception area, he then showed us to our room. I explained to him this was not what I had paid for he called the manager who came to the room. Words cannot describe how furious this man was I thought he was going to hit me, he stunk of drink and told me to go and find some where else. I had to take his abuse as it was late and had no other option. The next day he tried to be nice, he's a creep. Would also like to mention my children and I witnessed him kissing the young receptionist. As for the WASPS I got stung a few times it was horrific, you could not eat or rest in piece as the were constantly flying around you. The accommodation was riddled with ants, shower was crap. I couldn't wait to leave the hell hole. I could go on and on writing all the negative. one positive was the staff at the bar. AWFUL place "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2015

When in Kavos

"So me and the girls went on a party Holiday, we turned up at the hotel at 5am with Drunk naked guys hangin out of the balcany. The staff at reception are so moody, they did not smile at us the whole week that we had stayed however the reps and entertainment staff were nice.
If you are looking to go on a family holiday do NOT stay here as all there is is drunk naked people.
DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE; If you dont mind living off plain noodle and pasta all week, there is a bar around the corner that serves proper food instead of plastic bacon and eggs. Horrible food.
The bed sheets had blood stains on them, you couldnt move in the shower it was that small and we ocasionaly found a dog or cat chillin in our rooms.

If you are looking to go on a party holiday ( which ours was) this is the place to stay, water sports just outside the hotel, booze, booze and more booze, Booze cruise, plenty of nightclubs. 15 Min walk to the strip. Livable conditions for people who are contsanly drunk. DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS THERE!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of March 2013

Hotels near Corfu Sea Gardens

Stayed at Corfu Sea Gardens? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Corfu Sea Gardens

• ellen71 by ellen71

"small, full of young kids, still very safe "

• CHEWISON1 by CHEWISON1

"already thinking of gooing back.. x "

• dougiebear by dougiebear

"Marias Famous Karaoke bar "

• abz168 by abz168

"I would recommend going on the boat trip to Paxos Island. It's so beautiful! "

• Sunny1979 by Sunny1979

"A smelly dump. Ideal drinking ground for teenagers. Steer clear. "

• wayne the bean by wayne the bean

"Very busy but I stayed in Aspro Kavos. "

• leece09 by leece09

"I would say it was for younger people for the night. "

• Laura&Eryn by Laura&Eryn

"Do not go with children "

• one annoyed traveller and parent by one annoyed traveller and parent

"Stay Away !!!!!!!!!!!! "

• girls away time by girls away time

"It is not always about the room but the atmosphere and enjoyment provided "

• Dankel by Dankel

"Ideal for sun seekers!!! "

• sarah_123 by sarah_123

"For you and/or your familys sake its not worth it! "

• helen_1972 by helen_1972

"Rosetree and watersports "

• Dean W by Dean W

"keep away from the resturant food "

• Darylhughes21 by Darylhughes21

"Don't be picky at dinner - you have to be open to chips... Every night "

• emz77 by emz77

"None, do not go there. "

Corfu Sea Gardens is also called