San Antonio Corfu Resort

Kalami Beach, Kalami 490 83 Greece

Good

what a view

"I came to Corfu for 11 nights.Wow i loved this place.I stayed in ST Georges south but we traveled the island.I wanted to stay at Adonis apartments as my first choice in Kalami but the rooms Thomson provide dont have air conditioning so i thought i would give it a miss.When i saw the place i had to have at least 1 night here before i went home.I booked direct through the hotel.They have there own rooms they let out privately (at twice the price)£50 per night and worth every penny.The room was more of an apartment.Full kitchen,microwave,toastie maker,fridge everything.We stayed in room 2.The view wow!French windows off the bedroom and the kitchen.The pool was great mostly adults in the rooftop pool.There is another pool further down the hill for the kids.Not for the less mobile very steep hill to hotel.
Kalami is quiet a handfull of places to eat & drink.5 mins in a car to Kassiopi.My overall view of the Adonis was excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

First time visitors

"This was our first time in Corfu. We had read many good reviews for this hotel and booked on the strength of them. We were not disappointed. The views from the room were as picturesque as promised. We had emailed in advance to ask for a room on the 4th floor which we were given. We were there during the heatwave earlier this month - the hotel does not have air conditioning and by the time
we got to reception to book a fan they had run out so we had a few days struggling with the heat til we were able to hire one. Rooms were cleaned 6 days out of the 7 and the sheets and towels were changed once during the week. There was plenty of crockery in the room but the cooker I think would have proved a challenge to cook with - but who wants to cook on holiday anyway! This was better than the accommodation we had in Kos last year which had a higher rating. I think this hotel deserves a higher rating than it has been given. The pool looked out to the fantastic view. The only negative thing we found was that there were not enough parasols around the pool for the number of sunbeds.

Would recommend both the hotel and the resort for a nice quiet, relaxing break."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

Fantastic first time in Corfu

"My husband and I went for 2 weeks from 29th May to 12th June 07. The apartments are quite basic but have everything you need for 2 weeks and to be honest we don't spend a huge amount of time in them. The views over the bay from the apartment and from the top pool are amazing and we spent ages just sitting and looking at the beautiful views. Gina on reception is really helpful and speaks brilliant English and all the staff like to have a laugh and a joke with you.

There's entertainment a few nights a week but generally it is a small quiet resort which is perfect for relaxing. The sunbeds are very hard but you can buy cheap mat things to go on them and very often people leave their's behind when they leave so ask Katarina behind the bar.

There's lots of walking involved at the A & A as it's set up a hill so be prepared! All in all we had a really good time and are thinking of going back again soon."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Fantastic location

"What a beautiful location absolutely stunning. As stated previously fridge is a bit noisy but you get used to it and beds and pillows are very hard but the good points more than make up for this. Favourite restaurants were Dimitris ( fantastic food and wine in a glorious setting ) and the taverna in Koloura which is just wonderful. We rented a boat for the day which was great fun and a chance to visit the other bays. We had lunch in Kerasia which again was such a fantastic setting. It was a really brilliant holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

Absolutely stunning!!

"Returned earlier this month from our very first stay in Corfu at the Adonis Asonitis apts. As the coach made its way along the coastal road we were tired and weary with the journey and long wait for stragglers and dawdlers at the airport (my pet hate). As we caught our first glimpse of Kalami we were stunned!! I have never seen such a beautiful unspoilt place. The view from the road takes your breath away. The guys with the minibus (coach can't get down) were great as were all the staff in the apts. The apts are on various levels with (thankfully) a lift to the higher levels. The pool area and the views are amazing, its like looking at the edge of the world!! Both bars are fantastic and staff v friendly. Apts very well equipped and spotless, fridge a little noisy and leaked a bit but what the heck it didn't spoil anything. Sunbeds could do with cushions, but pool very clean and nice surroundings, lunch served at your sunbed means you don't even have to get up. All in all a wonderful weeks stay, three fantastic beachside restaurants with candlelit tables set out on the beach - what more could you wish for."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Extended stay in Kalami

"Just got back from the A&A. We had booked a week but the day before we were due to fly home our 11 month old daughter decided to get chicken pox. I had to stay with the 2 kids while my partner and niece travelled back home. The doctors (none in Kalami - came from Kassiopi) were efficient and spoke good English. Gina in Reception & the Rep. Kirsty were also a godsend!

The apartments are incredibly clean though the pool could be cleaned more regulary. With my extended stay, the A&A were fully booked so my insurance co. put me in The Stratigos Apartments just down the road. They are right on the beach - the owners do not speak any English (tho' they are very nice), there are no phones/reception and unfortunatley I don't think my apartment had been cleaned all season.

If we did go back to Kalami I would definatley stay at the A&A again. Views are spectacular."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Fantastic place for a quiet break

"We enjoyed a wonderful week at the Adonis Asonitis Apts, very relaxing. Kalami is unspoilt with a few excellent Tavernas in which to eat and drink. Apts are clean, staff are very freindly and helpfull, pool view is fantastic. I would rate this as an ideal holiday for couples looking for a bit of peace and quiet."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

WOW

"It was a truely amazing holiday. One of the best places I've stayed in all my visits to Corfu, which have been numerous.

Lets start from the beginning. Yes the airport can be chaos but trust me, go to Tunisia and you'll find it much worse.

On arrival at the Adonis you are met by a lovely man and a mini bus who take you down to the lift area of the apartments which are a god send. Then off to the rooms and all I can say is fabulous. The views are breathe taking and the silence deafening. What a way to be greeted.

The staff here can't do enough for you. Spiros and Joanne in the supermareket make sure you have everything you need. Stavros, Billy and Sammi make sure the bar serves you all the food and drink you could possibly want in a great atmosphere and then there are the recetionist. Well what can I say, truely amazing. Considering this is an apartment complex, reception is a rarity but here it forms an important part of this great complex. The girls Effi and Gina smile all day long, have a laugh and a joke with you and have the best relationship with the Rep I've ever seen. Nothing is to much trouble for any of them and that includes the rep, Iain. An asset. He's been in Corfu for several summers now and knows all the best bits so use his experience and get out and about to make the most of this beautiful island.

Trust me I'll be going back as many people do and if you're looking for a relaxing and comfortable holiday then look no further."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of February 2006

Kalami best resort

"1st Oct - Just returned from our first visit to Corfu where we stayed in the Adonis & Assonitis apartments in Kalami.
We were looking for a quiet holiday with lots of sun, good food and the odd jug of wine and after visiting 4 greek islands in previous years this one far outshines the others for everything we wished for. The apartments were wonderful - cleaned 6 days out of 7, very comfortable in size and furniture (3 beds, wardrobe, dressing table, table and chairs, small kitchenette with fridge, 2-ring cooker and kettle, bathroom and balcony with another table & chairs). In a nice location with stunning views overlooking Kalami Bay.
The staff were the most helpful people we had met anywhere on our travels - they were always happy and very approachable.
Anyone with walking difficulties may have a problem with all the slopes and steps but a lift at one end of the complex services some floors.
The top pool area and bar with stunning views over the bay were wonderful with staff that were equally as friendly and helpful and they kept the area very clean. They also served exceptional snacks. The only slight problem we found was that the sunloungers were very hard and there were no cushions for them.
I dont think we will ever get used to not flushing the toilet paper!
Thomas's (on the beach) was our favourite restaurant - he was such a charming character and made us very welcome. His food was very tasty and there was enough choice to have something different every night! Except vegetables!!
Dimitris staff where we booked a boat ride to corfu town were also very helpful and very friendly.
On our return have already started looking to book a return for next year to same apartments."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

pay for 2* get 2*

"stayed at these apts in May 2002, arrived to find the security man waiting at the top of a hill (approx 80ft )..he told us we would have to carry our luggage down all the steps to our rooms..ok for us young uns but felt sorry for less mobile people off the transfer coach, so much so that after putting our bags in we went back up the hill to help with their bags, security said no-one was avail to help. Rooms basic 2* studios loads of mozzies and bugs even had a cricket stuck in my hair one night! Best thing about these apts is the view from the pool it overlooks Parga the next island and you can also see the ferries leaving for Kefalonia. There is also a smaller pool by the bar at the bottom of the hill.. which is quieter and better chance of getting sunbeds..beach is pebbly not good for families..accom is ideally suited to a quiet relaxing holiday..although you can get into nearby Kassiopi by bus or taxi (E20) about £13 each way..ok for a weeks stay but would find need something else to do after that..all I can say to finish is be prepared for that hill!!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2003

Kalami updated

"My wife and I have visited Kalami 10 times in 9 years now even going there for our honeymoon 4 years ago. The A&A aprts are basic but well kitted out for self catering. Practically all the balconies have excellent views across the bay, from the higher floors you can see Corfu town itself. Gina in reception is extremely friendly and helpful, as are all the staff from the cleaners to the barmen in the Cocktails & Dreams bar. The Greek night is not to be missed!
Every time we return Kalami just seems to improve. The people, the ambience, the scenery, the quietude. By the end of the holiday you feel like you've become part of Kalami itself and it gets harder and harder to leave. There are 3 main tavernas, 2 of which sit on the beach. A short sea taxi ride will take you round to Agni where there are another 4 and a 10 minute walk will take you round to the small fishing bay of Kouloura where there's another.
If you want noisy night life, night clubs or bars that stay open till the early hours then choose somewhere else, come midnight everything closes and a peaceful nights sleep can be guaranteed or a pleasant few hours sitting out on your balcony with glass in hand and listening to the cicadas and the waves lapping the pebbly shore.
We love the bay so much that it inspired me to write a book about our experiences called Kalami, Where the Sea Shrugs its Shoulders. A light-hearted book that tries to put into words beauty and serenity of the the bay that brings people back time and time again."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of January 2013

Kalami revisited

"Well, we've just come back from our 10th visit in 9 years to Kalami and each time we stayed at the A&A apartments. They are basic but considering all you're gonna be doing is sleeping in them then they don't need to be anything too fancy. Having said that, they are cleaned every day except Sunday, have all you need to self-cater, are roomy and have fantastic views. If you're not too fit the lower floors would be better for you as there is a lot of stairs. There is a lift that goes to the 4th floor and you can then walk up to the 5th & 6th if you prefer a high floor.

The Cocktails and Dreams bar at the apartments offers Karaoke, quiz nights and Greek dancing but all noise ceases at around midnight so you're sure of a good nights sleep. The two pools are well maintained and clean and Gina in reception is a mine of information and extremely helpful. Kalami is a beautiful bay and if it's peace and quiet you're after than you can't go wrong here. As a matter of fact our countless visits spurred on me to write a book about the village called Kalami; Where the Sea Shrugs its Shoulders. It's about the area and its people and also about the sometimes eccentric people who holiday there and events that have occurred. We even went there for our honeymoon three years ago! Can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2012

Hotels near San Antonio Corfu Resort

Stayed at San Antonio Corfu Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for San Antonio Corfu Resort

• Dave S by Dave S

"Make use of the Cocktails & Dreams bar for good entertainment, especially the Greek dancing. "

• Anna. by Anna.

"It was amazing, I cant wait to go back its one of a kind n you really get to know the place n people "

• Dave S by Dave S

"Try all the tavernas, even the ones round at Agni, which they pick you up in a sea taxi for, and round at Kaloura. "

San Antonio Corfu Resort is also called