Spiti Prifti Apartments

Gouvia Corfu, Gouvia 491 00 Greece

Good

Beautiful setting, warm welcome

"We booked direct and stayed here for 11 days. Nothing is too much trouble for Eleni and we had a warm welcome from all of the staff- thanks and hello to Glynis, Babis and Victor.
Our apartment had 2 separate bedrooms, both with air conditioning and doors onto the large balcony. Some of the apartments have a lounge area with bed settees. We were in the apartment block next to the restaurant, overlooking the marina although we could only see the masts not the boats or sea! There was a little bit of road noise but nothing too bad. The apartments are very well equipped and clean, towels are changed every 2 says and the friendly cleaners come every day except Sunday.
The grounds of Spiti Prifit are beautifully well kept by the gardener and it's a pleasure to sit by the pool which is clean and really big. There are plenty of sun loungers, either by the pool or under the parasols and trees. The pool is next to a main road but after a couple of days we realised that we'd 'tuned out' the noise and really didn't notice it.
Good food was served in the restaurant although Gouvia itself is only a 5 minute walk and there are so many tavernas that you're spoilt for choice.
We hope to return next year as many of the other guests seem to have done"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

Great service

Good

"Have just returned from Spiti Prifti following a week's stay there.
Positives include great personal service from Eleni and her team, really good food at reasonable prices and a great pool and pool bar.
On the negative side the main road is very close and can be heard from the pool, and the best beaches are more than a walk away. Our apartment was quite basic and probably needs updating soon considering the price we paid for it.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday though."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2008

Wonderful Setting

"I have been to Corfu for the last 12 years and have visited Spiti Prifti on every year. I have used their wonderful pool and snack bar. Normally I stay at my friend's daughters in Kontakli with her family. This year my friend booked several nights here which I found to be excellent in every way. Very clean accommodation and excellent facilities I would recommend these apartments to all of my friends and hope to stay longer next year."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of September 2009

We stayed in Spiti Prifti some time ago,...

"We stayed in Spiti Prifti some time ago, on an 'allocated on arrival' basis through a very cheap last minute break.

We couldn’t have asked for better if we'd gone through all the brochures and chosen for ourselves.

A lovely friendly place, fantastic pool, good food (specially the chocolate mousse and the huge watermelon).

Apartments were good - no frills but then we hadn’t paid for any and got more than we expected!

Certainly looking to visit Corfu again in 2007, we will be booking back at the Spiti Prifti, and you can't ask for better recommendation than that."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

Kontokali and Gouvia are small resorts t...

"Kontokali and Gouvia are small resorts that run into each other sandwiched between the island’s busiest road and the sea.

The apartments were spacious with kitchen, lounge and bedroom, with good facilities including sat TV and air conditioning. Overall cleanliness was good, but blandly decorated.

On site was a good size swimming pool with bar, plus restaurant. Staff were friendly overall, however, the more money you parted with in the complex, the friendlier they became.

Situated on the very busy main road which runs through the island, doesn’t make for the relaxing break we had hoped for.

Sitting by the pool, cocktail in hand and listening to the non stop traffic separated from you by a small hedge, doesn’t aid relaxation.

The resort itself has a small shingle beach, situated around 400 metres from the complex, which we found generally crowded. Plenty of bars, restaurants and boutiques in the resort side by side that line the road, very popular with Scandinavian tourists. We found the resort lacked any kind of real character."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2003

Myself, my partner and another couple (a...

"Myself, my partner and another couple (all in our late 20's) just spent a week in Gouvia. Spiti Prifti Hotel was recommended to me by a customer in the shop where I work, of all places!

The accommodation is excellent. I have stayed in many apartments/studios/hotel rooms all over Greece and this apartment was by far the best. It was immaculately clean, spacious, well equipped (kettle, fridge, cooker, oven, microwave, utensils etc). We had two good sized bedrooms and a huge balcony. Our apartment was double glazed with Free Air Con (in July anyway!).

The pool area is beautiful, again very clean, with small palm trees and grassy area with free beds/umbrellas. Only thing I would say is the pool is quite deep so would be unsuitable for small, unsupervised children. But for adults, we had a great time and it never seemed crowded!

The staff are what really made the holiday special. Eleni is absolutely lovely, cant do enough to help, simple as that. The staff really do want to make your holiday a great one, we had a wonderful time with Babis and Demitris who work in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant and bar are both very nice and very reasonable price-wise.

The resort of Gouvia is reasonably small, it was perfect for us as it had lots of restaurants and shops, a few bars and a couple of clubs. We had amazing food in most of the restaurants, can’t remember any names but we were all impressed overall and the local wine was lovely. We never went to Gouvia beach as I think it is quite small and pebbly. We found the best beaches on the West Coast (Glyfada/Agios Georgeos area) and Corfu Town is great for shopping. It has many windy streets with tourist shops and the main square has lots of restaurants/coffee shops. There is a bus there from outside Spiti Prifti.

Overall, Gouvia would be great for couples and families who want to escape the 'English' resorts and are looking for somewhere quiet(ish) but with plenty of restaurants/shops etc. Spiti Prifti was wonderful, beautiful pool and surroundings, clean, well equipped apartments and great location (200m to Gouvia resort). We will definitely return in the future."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

My family and I have been returning to S...

"My family and I have been returning to Spiti Prifti apartments for the last 14 years, we cannot find another self-catering holiday like it in any of the other Greek islands.

Eleni and all the staff at Spiti Prifti are amazing they are always there to help if you have any problems. All of the apartments are spacious consisting of a bathroom, two bedrooms with double glazing a kitchen with oven, microwave and fridge it also includes a large balcony.

The pool area is very large and has a pool table and a snack bar which is also very clean.

We always look forward to visiting Spiti Prifti every year and we will continue to return for many years."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004

We have just returned from our second vi...

"We have just returned from our second visit to Spiti Prifti and we would return again and again. The apartments are very clean and comfortable. Eleni and her parents will go out of their way to make you welcome. The staff are wonderful - In fact they are all one big family. The resort has everything you could want for a holiday whatever your age. Would not think twice about recommending to anybody."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

Hotels near Spiti Prifti Apartments

Stayed at Spiti Prifti Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Spiti Prifti Apartments

• Ice Dancer by Ice Dancer

"Taxis and Zorbas restaurant in Kontakli and visiting Pelakas on the Adriatic coast. "

Spiti Prifti Apartments is also called