About Aquis Park Hotel
- high speed internet in room
- swimming pool
- free internet
- bar lounge
- free parking
- air conditioning
- meeting room
- non smoking rooms
- non smoking hotel
- concierge desk
- flatscreen tv
- family rooms
- multilingual staff
- breakfast buffet
- airport transportation
- outdoor pool
- free breakfast
- private balcony
- tennis court
- poolside bar
13 Traveller reviews from Holiday Watchdog
Good week at The Park Hotel
"Very nice room with balcony and views of the pool and sea. Hotel very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely pool area and garden (also kept very clean and tidy). Great pool bar with excellent lunches (superb Greek Salad).
Did not use restaurant for evening meals (but understand it was buffet style). Buffet breakfast with good choice of both hot and cold dishes (continental style food - which is fine with me - you are abroad after all).
Bit of a hike to the beach but only a few minutes to the road for bus links to Corfu town and other parts of the island and easy stroll into Gouvia with plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. The Mermaid (fish restaurant) and Moukas are particularly good. "
- Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2011
"Just came back home yesterday from Park Hotel Gouvia great hotel all nationalitys but all very very freindly. Fab hotel,great room,overlooking pool also best veiw we have ever had.Staff are very freindly and helpful. Fab pool also snack bar at poolside is great.Best Greek Salad in Gouvia.Good prices as well.Great to catch buses right opposite hotel.Park is definately one of best hotels we have stayed.Also a great must in Greece is the free air-con whitch we definately neaded as the last two weeks the temp was late 30s to early 40s.Forgot to mention really good duo on a saturday night Paula/George. "
- Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010
Lovely from the outside, rotten from the inside
"The location of this hotel is awesome. The bus stop to Corfu town is right outside the hotel, and only a 5 minute walk away from the center of Gouvia itself. The pool area and gardens of this hotel are great, and the foyer and bar area are also very inviting.
However, there were a great number of things which were wrong with this hotel.
- They have no pool towels, and you're not allowed to take the bathroom towels down to the pool area. Also, there are no mattresses for the sunbeds, so you'd have to buy one of those 2.
- My friends and I booked a room for 4. We were given a room for 2, and 2 other matresses wer stuffed in the room so we couldn't even walk to the bathroom.
- The matresses were extremely old and uncomfortable with a number of springs being inserted in our backs when lying down on them.
- Corfu is an island with many insects, but in Park Hotel, no insect nets are available in the balconies. You could just as well sleep in the balcony itself. We all ended up with lots of insect bites.
- The phones don't work, so forget about calling from one room to the other.
- Internet is bought with a card, which is an excellent idea. However, if the 1 hour cards "run out", you have to buy a 2.5 hour card, or a 3 hour card instead, even if you don't need it.
- There are no ramps in the hotel. So lugagges have to be carried up the stairs to the hotel and in the foyer. The lifts are also very small and slow.
- When keys are given to the reception, they have no way of veryfing that you are the owner of the key you asked for. You could might as well ask for the key of someone else's room.
- Most hotel room radios dont work either.
That's just about it. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone."
- Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009
"A very nice hotel located in Gouvia. On arrival one notices the large boat on the facade. The hotel rooms were nice - the only problem was the bed - there are no double beds, the beds are 2 beds together and the middle part has to be filled with bed covers unless you want to end up in it.
The rooms were cleaned up daily and regularly and the reception staff was very friendly. The swimming pool area is beautiful and quite large with olive trees growing between the various pools. The hotel restaurant is nice and food is excellent. Also there are regular shows done every week and good entertainment.
The location is in Gouvia and it takes around 10 minutes by bus (bus stop is opposite the hotel and with 1.30euros you are in Corfu Town) - many green buses pass infront of the hotel to different locations on the island.
A very good hotel for relaxation and for having some fun time. I recommend it to others."
- Travel date: Fri 18th of September 2009
Not as good as expected
"Making it short:
- The people in the reception were totally unfriendly. It felt like they were always in a bad mood, they were not polite, they would rarely greet back at us;
- The rooms are quite old fashioned. The hotel lobby is great, the rooms not really. The beds made a lot of noise, the all room looks old, the same for the bathroom;
- The location is not great. Maybe it was my fault, but I thought it was closer to the beach. To get to the beach or the center of Gouvia you have to cross a busy road which can be an adventure due to the crazy driving habits of the Greeks;
- The swimming pool closes at 18:00. If you come from the beach and want to use the swimming pool, it's no longer open although the sun is still hiting;
- The air conditioned took ages to cool down the room. If you get a room with "garden" view it gets a lot of sun exposition making it very very warm in the end of the day. You have to go to the room, turn the airco on and in maximum thrust for a couple of hours before being able to stay in the room.
- The breakfast is ok;
- We had dinner once in the hotel and it was very good for the price payed;
- The swimming pool and surroundings look very good."
- Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009
"My wife and I have just returned from an excellent weekâs holiday at the Park Hotel, Gouvia. The hotel is very well run. Cleaners were out early each morning sweeping the forecourt and pool area. Rooms (slightly dated, I thought), corridors and all public areas were spotless. Beds were comfortable and air-conditioning (very necessary) was included in the price. Food was served buffet-style; it was excellent, varied and plentiful. The restaurant staff were very efficient and friendly as were other staff throughout the hotel. There is a very attractive garden cum pool area below the terrace. The pool, which is very clean, is large and varies in depth from 50 cms to almost 3 metres. The various depths are clearly marked. There is a separate childrenâs pool. A lifeguard is always present. Corfu Town is a short â¬1.30 bus ride away and the bus-stop is at the bottom of the hotel drive â very convenient if you havenât hired a car. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available from the hotel shop. In my view the Park is ideally placed for all amenities. There are just a few niggles. The absence of hand-rails on stepped areas both within and without the building can be a problem for handicapped people. My wife, whoâs hemiplegic, would certainly have welcomed hand-rails but this criticism can be levelled all across the island, particularly in Corfu Old Town, with its steep streets and, for her at least, uninviting flights of steps. No provision has been made for wheel-chair access in the hotel. Again, one has to climb into the bath in order to shower, difficult for a handicapped person. Hopefully management will address these problems. But despite these failings (as I see it), we enjoyed our stay in the Park and would certainly stay there again. I cannot finish without mentioning Lily and Yanni, the lovely couple who run the boutiques at the Park. They are very friendly and always willing to have a chat. If you stay at the Park make sure that you get to know them."
- Travel date: Sat 8th of August 2009
"Hotel has a good location, staff very friendly and cooperative, food was plentyful and tastey well worth it. We will return for sure to Corfu next year and Park Hotel will be the accomadation we choose"
- Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009
very good going again this year
"really enjoyd our stay there magnificient view from the terrace of the restaurant nice start of the day fresh air and substantional food,very welcome staff and the hotel is very clean.big pool nice to spend a day highly recomended in fact we are going there again this year"
- Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009
Park Hotel ,good Hotel
"Just came back from a wonderul week in Corfu .
The hotel was very good ,always clean and the staff always helpful, especially the restaurant staff . They were very polite and with a smile, even though they seemed never to have a day off. We hired a car and found Gouvia very convenient in the centre of the island , not far away from Corfu town, Aqualand or anywhere we wanted to go.
We had a great week in Corfu and would certainly go back"
- Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008
"I stayed in this hotel in April 2008 with some university friends. I can tell that it is wonderful. There is no real disadvantage. The food in the restaurant is very good and you have many options to choose from. The rooms are perfectly clean and quite spacious. The reception is really willing to help you. Everything makes you feel wealthy, from the waiters to the pool and the garden. The garden is very large and greatly maintained and the pool is really clear. One night, there was a band in the bar with pretty nice music that enjoyed all foreign customers (this is just because this genre of music was not familiar for the greek people). So, as you may have figured out, we enjoyed the hotel very much. The only disadvantage was the distance from Corfu Town, since we were in Corfu to walk the townâs âcantouniaâ (i.e. the narrow streets in the center of the town), not Gouvia. Never mind. The hotel was just wonderful!"
- Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2008
What a marvellous and good value hotel....
"What a marvellous and good value hotel. The rooms maybe a little basic but a clean bedroom, balcony, smart bathroom, tv and mini fridge are all thats needed. The pools are excellent and clean. Bars and restaurant areas are very smart for a 3 star Greek hotel. Breakfast was Continental buffet and more than satisfactory. The biggest bonus was the location. Yes, you have to cross a main road but once across you enter the small commercial area of Gouvia. A few shops and restaurants but the beach and bay area offer the type of Island scenery that I thought had been lost. We visited out of Season (end of May) and I think this made the difference. There was just enough life and a marvellous lack of football- shirted yobs. I am trying to get there again this year and I will make sure I go just out of season. This is not a place for nightclubs but late evening restaurants , tavernas and short walks."
- Travel date: Thu 10th of April 2008
The Corfu Park Hotel itself was a very n...
"The Corfu Park Hotel itself was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and came with air conditioning (thank goodness!!!!). The swimming pool and gardens were great, no complaints whatsoever about them. There was a lifeguard on duty daily and there were spacious areas to sunbathe and plenty of sun beds available.
There is a bar by the pool serving drinks and a limited selection of food. In the evenings the hotel provided limited entertainment, but Gouvia village is a five minute walk away. The hotel have two bars with friendly staff.
The beach nearby is a pebble beach which was a little disappointing. And as mentioned above, Gouvia is a five minute walk away and there are numerous bars, restaurants and shops.
The only let down of the hotel was the food! It was terrible! The buffet selection for both breakfast and dinner was very limited, unless of course you prefer the continental style of cake and yoghurt! Every morning there was a wide selection of just two hot foot items and one of these was always egg!
The 'hot' water was barely warm and the 'toaster', well that should be in a museum. We had to put our bread in three times before if actually toasted!
The choice of food in the evenings was barely better! The soup was nice, I must say that (apart from the Chick Pea soup which was like swallowing a damp lump of salt). The hot food selection was poor. Processed beef or chicken was the highlight of my week's stay! The salad selection was good and the desert was edible!
The irony of it all is that the restaurant has a sign in its window, saying Gourmet Food! Well, all I can say is that the Gourmet Chef must have been away that week!
If you like the food you eat, I would give this hotel a miss, but if you can eat anything to survive, you'll be ok.
I have no quarms regarding the hotel, only the food on offer!
- Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007