About Telemachos Hotel

• paid wifi

Good

get the inspectors in please it needs shut down

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2016

"Absolute disgrace total con please don't go this place is not fit for dogs refugees would turn there nose up at this place.its a health and safety hazard,these folk who say its ok its fine are only feeling sorry for a small number of staff who are after tips."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2016

Be polite most visitors are not

Good
Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2016

"We Went For 2 Weeks. I couldn't fault the place for what we paid for the hotel. Most complained about the hill, all inclusive finishing at 9.30pm and paying for air conditioning. If the people who booked this holiday read a little further it tells you this so shouldn't complain! I learned a little Greek, please and thank you. As well as saying it in English or Greek it goes along way. As your parents may have said it goes along way. Most visitors was not polite to staff as well as other visitors. Our room was great, we upgraded when we arrived. Our rooms were cleaned regular. Bins every day and linen changed every other day. Better than some other hotels I have stopped in. The food was ok. The question is what do you want for your money! I would have normally paid more for a self catering caravan in the UK rather than all inclusive for the hotel. I Think People Forget That The Flights Are The Biggest Cost. Like I said manners are everything. That's aimed that some of the others staying there."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of August 2016

Dump

Reviewed Tue 30th of August 2016

"This hotel wants demolishing,just read a review from a couple who said it was not bad,they must live in a shanty town or have a white stick.all I have to say is the holiday companies who are selling people these holidays to Telemachus do not care about peoples safety,it is only a matter of time when some one gets hurt or killed,then the holiday companies will deny all ,but I am putting this on and hoping that the holiday companies will send reps just to see the carry on and hold it before it's to late, wrote by Sam smith,this is serious."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2016

Hotel from hell !!!

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2016

"Seriously don't go it's all true and worse just got back was told chips where not on all exclusive menu only cheese sandwiches or pizza with ham I explained I don't eat meat and was told ham or nothing small plastic cups of water or squash for the children and me and they make you feel like you're begging when you return for another drink the cleaner began stealing from our room on the first day then other guests started telling me passport had gone missing ( 3 in the week leading up to my stay) then my debit card went missing from my wallet in my room at that point I decided I had to get out cancelled my card called the travel agent and arranged a transfer this was truly an holiday from hell manager was not interested when I told him about the thefts didn't offer to talk to the cleaner or contact police don't waste your money on this dump seriously you have been warned. "

• Travel date: Wed 20th of July 2016

Do not go awful

Reviewed Thu 14th of April 2016

"Mice feces on the bedding all over the pool a green pool we arrived here last week to be confronted by the worst experience ever imaginable.with a 6 month old baby and 10yr old boy for a all inclusive holiday that become a night from hell and a very expensive holiday that made us homeless for a night we arrived to be greeted by very drunken families falling all over there children a very rude manager who snatched our passports food that I wouldn't feed a dog sloppy plates full of grease no cutlery filthy plates tap water filled up in spring water bottles only alcohol no soft drinks was free we was so tired that we decided an early night would be good as the whole place stank of stale alcohol and you couldn't see past your nose the amount of cigarette smoke was unbearable our room well it was worse then any hostel I have seen blood all over the floor sticky which looked like seamen black filthy unwashed bedding when asking for a cot for the 6mth baby was told a single bed would have to do.to top it all of children were unsupervised as there parents were paralytic in the bar getting into bed the pillows and bedding was covered in mice feces a mouse under the bed we complained as I was about to take photos the manager stormed down said no no you go you give us bad review is all they was concerned about told us to leave snatched the keys out of our hand and could not take our cases quick enough to the front then refusing our passports the pool was green filthy I have never had a worst experience in my life.the place should not be standing not even open and I am very surprised it's being sold through holiday company's it's no family hotel it is the hotel from hell in which we have all become ill because."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of April 2016

Disgusting

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2014

"We stayed in this hotel in September I can honestly say its the worse place I have ever stayed.The hotel has big Health and safety issues,it is filthy dirty, dangerous electric sockets, disgusting toilets,no fire escape instructions,slats missing from under the mattress,no beverages were served at dinner, inedible food cost us another 300 Euros to eat out. My friend slipped on a permanently wet floor causing a facial injury and stitches to her eye, when we asked how to get to the hospital was told a bus runs every 20 minuets.Complete waste of over £1.500."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of October 2014

For the price you cant grumble

Reviewed Tue 16th of September 2014

"Just returned from a week stay at the Telemachos with my partner. I like many of the reviewers saw the terrible reviews before after booking a very late deal and panicked. I have to say the reviews are a load of rubbish and just wining about nothing, at the end of the day it's a budget hotel, it's not going to be like a 5*!

FOOD:
BREAKFAST- A selection of yoghurt and cereals and sometimes fruit, cold meat and cheese, Toast, Jam and a basic cooked breakfast, sausage, bacon and fried eggs, its not the same as an English breakfast but nowhere does breakfast like the English!
LUNCH AND DINNER- Fresh salad (Juicey tomato, Lettuce and tasty Cucumber) and usually something else like a special salad or Tzatiki. There is always fresh bread and butter. Then for Food there is usually Chips a rice dish a pasta dish and a vegetable dish, then a choice of two other things, eg lasagne Moussaka, Turkey and Chicken all cooked very well. Granted pudding usually only one option, but hey its a budget hotel and the main foods are lovely. Accompaniments such as olive oil vinegar salt etc in middle of each table and sauces can be collected around 10 bottles on side to use.
SNACKS- there are cheese and ham toasties or Pizza slices- again for the price can't complain.
There is also a bar where you can buy extra stuff if you fancy something specific.

STAFF
The cook was a Scottish sounding chap and was lovely, very helpful and jolly
One member of staff offered to charge something for my partner as wasn't sure if it was a broken socket and turned out it was broken but the member of staff very kindly took it in to his own room to try so very helpful.
Other staff helping were also very pleasant.
there was one member of staff that wasn't very helpful a short Greek man who I don't think knew how to smile, and a lady sometimes who was on reception that wasn't the best but as a whole staff were nice.

POOL
We're not really pool people as prefer to get off and see the place, but the pool was nice with lots of seating, and baby pool. was a small park but nothing to elaborate.

The hotel is up a bit of a hill but it advertises this and this just makes it nice and quiet at night away from the hustle and bustle.

We paid for a guaranteed garden view room that was worth it as a lovely view of greenery and distant mountains.

Maid service could be improved bathroom wasn't cleaned while we was there but did get a change of towels and sheets changed a few times and bins emptied daily.

Dassia itself has a long beach and a little beach there was a selection of bars restaurants. Was nice in September but may be busier in main season, Ipsos which is a 20 minute walk away was lovely and Quiet. Corfu town was a bus journey away and very pleasant with two fortresses to Explore. Paleocarista was definitely worth a visit as well.

In summary we had a fantastic time, for the price we paid we were happy! "

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2014

horrid

Reviewed Wed 10th of September 2014

"Just returned from an awful holiday in Corfu - in its favor the rooms were clean and the clearly overworked staff were helpful - however the pool was filthy and there was a complete lack of seating on the extensive patio - the hotel was very noisy and we witnessed a lot of arguments between disgruntled guests and staff - drinks for all inclusive guests were limited and handed to us through a window (the pool bar was for paying guests) - worst of all was the food - every meal the salad comprised tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and white cabbage - one sole main dish was served to us like school dinners - and to accompany it at every sitting we were offered chips, plain boiled rice, pasta and the occasional frozen mixed veg - when we got dessert it was pieces of melon in a plastic container or some weird dry cake - we all shared one bottle of mayonnaise and we had to borrow each others salt - the breakfasts were ok. We are not moaners and have been on a number of all inclusive holidays - some of which were better than others - but this is the only time I have felt the need to complain."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2014

Do not go to this hotel

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2014

"I traveled recently to this hotel after going on a lot of package holidays, and NEVER been to a hotel as bad after being put in a room which was not clean then upgraded for 50 euros which me and my friend with our 4 children shared which also was not the cleanest. We sent emails to tour operator who said they would look into it for us. Food was not good, my son lived on bread and butter for the 3 days we was here chips not even edible. And no puddings u less mushy melon. All inclusive finished at 9.30 each evening you then had to pay for drinks. Entertainment then started which was no good for the kids. On the third ya after going out to beach we was told by manager you have a new hotel you need to pack, me and my friend thought great its got to be better than this. We packed and handed key back. We then checked emails which I guess should of done before handing key back. There was no hotel to go to so my friend and our 4 children had nowhere to go they sold our room. Our tour operator could not find us another hotel. So we had nowhere to go until eventually we was found a hotel for half board after we had paid all inclusive. Our tour operator left at 3pm so left it to another man called Chris from low cost beds he was very helpful and found us the accommodation. As we were there to celebrate my birthday which. This is the day it happened on. The staff was so unhelpful said it was not his problem. The other guests staying at the hotel were very good and went out of there way to get us drinks as the manager came out and cut our all inclusive bands off with scissors when my children were trying to get a drink. I have never been treated like this we felt like criminals and very let down by our tour operator who has still not replied to my emails since our return last week. But I warn people this is the worst hotel I have ever been to and would seriously consider going here. Especially if you are going to complain as they will get you out of your room. We ended up in a lovely hotel for the rest of the holiday who couldn't do enough for us. The Elianas hotel me and my darter both also had ear infections and as the pool wasn't very clean it was possibly from this. I could go on but just recommend you don't go"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2014

Worst holidays ever

Reviewed Mon 3rd of March 2014

"All inclusive option...

Horrible hotel, staff and food. My worst holidays ever. Every day the same food, dirty rooms which don't meet standards! Had to pay 50 euro for air conditioning in the room;/ And you cant complain cause staff is rude and don't listen to you. Also no alcoholic drinks provided. Waste of time and money. Will never go back there again and please don't go there cause you gonna come back very disappointing! "

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2014

please stop going here

Reviewed Thu 2nd of January 2014

"This place is a dump, and if you complain to anyone they threaten you on your Facebook page and call you names in Greek , Italian and English . Needs shutting down as its a disgrace. anyone saying they enjoyed this holiday was obviously drunk on their own alcohol as the stuff here is too weak to get you drunk. we didn't expect 5 star anything and we didn't get 2 star. horrible place , horrible people . "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of January 2014

Fab Holiday!!

Reviewed Thu 12th of September 2013

"Just back from Telemachus and had a fab time! Booking for next year! I read the reviews and was a bit worried before going, however we had a fab time, the staff were so friendly and made us very welcome, the rooms we had weren't 5 star but they were cleaned every day and the towels and sheets changed!Thanks to our fellow Scot- Davie the Chef who was a lovely lovely man, he takes a lot of stick for his food but we cant complain we had some tasty food and to be honest with a small budget to manage he does very well! The pool was lovely and cleaned every evening! This is not a hotel for those with walking problems but it is only a small walk down the hill to Dassia. If those of you reading this want to pay for 2 star that's what your going to get, so don't moan when you get there! This Hotel has a great atmosphere and everyone joined in with each other, including the staff, its a shame they get so much bad reviews! Can't wait till next year! "

• Travel date: Thu 12th of September 2013

Hotels near Telemachos Hotel

Top traveller tips for Telemachos Hotel

• The spoonies by The spoonies

"Visit Gouvia at night, lovely atmosphere, lots of restaurants serving real Greek food. "

• chris_y3k by chris_y3k

"Aqualand is a great day out for families! "

• gilly1 by gilly1

"Try Alexandros Taverna "

• Daveyl by Daveyl

"Dassia was ok. If your looking for sandy beaches its not here. "

• Daveyl by Daveyl

"Boat trip 'Beach trip' was excellent. Aqualand great for families. "

• scottfamily by scottfamily

"alexs bar and parosel bar "

• E Goligher by E Goligher

"Too quiet, lovely beach and nice locals "

• E Goligher by E Goligher

"Aqua-Land and Alexandros Hotes "

• xbabex26 by xbabex26

"Glyfada Beach, Kalypso Star boat...eateries Grill Room or Great Shakes "

• tam tammy by tam tammy

"Dassia is a beautiful part of greece "

• godden by godden

"nothing to do small stony beach "

• KandS2009 by KandS2009

"Dassi is a lovely place but very quiet. "

• Linda by Linda

"dassia was ok but the hotel is not a nice place to stay "

• Graham by Graham

"Good location to explore Kerkyra and the Mount Pantokrator region. "

• Gizmopip by Gizmopip

"Look around before you commit to this hotel, bearing in mind the extras you will need to pay for! "

• suze by suze

"great for a relaxing beach holiday "

• 9990Kerry by 9990Kerry

"Dassia was quiet but lovely would be good for familys with children and couples. "

• Johnny by Johnny

"sA really nice resort "

• Nebski by Nebski

"Too Expensive. The beach is Fab "

• british tourist by british tourist

"dassia lovely, hotel C***!! "

Telemachos Hotel is also called