Elea Beach Hotel

PO Box 186 Dassia, Dassia 49100 Greece

Good

This is not a 4 star hotel !!

"Everything about this hotel is 2 star, The tasteless, bland, overcooked food. The rooms are shabby and bathrooms dirty. I woke on the second morning to find I was sharing my bed with hundreds of ants !! they move to the bathroom over the next two days.
The enternment was a joke, the staff moonlighting as belly dancers, singers and a overweight strong man, none of which were above poor.
The staff are rude and clueless.
Overall I was so upset I could not wait to go home"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2012

o.k. but greek bosses need courtesy lessons.

Good

"Great beachfront location with safe,clean shallow sea and extensive long-distance views to Albania! No sunbed problems, either free with all-inclusive allocated daily or rented by the day. Food good range, regular changes of options, self-service but no big queues, sensible hours, well supervised and clean. Beautiful vegetable feature carvings. Bedrooms o.k., nothing special though, maids very good, friendly and efficient. Satelite t.v. a waste of time though, no english language programmes worth watching. All-inclusive drinks not up to much, except bottled water, wine rubbish, lager beer served with half a glass of froth as were soft drinks but with loads of ice. Cocktail bar in main reception area never open. Male Management or Owners very stroppy, even rude, no customer or english language skills. In general felt that all-inclusive guests were considered second class as they had already took our money! Won't be going back."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2010

My wife, children (15 & 18 yrs) & I foun...

"My wife, children (15 & 18 yrs) & I found the Elea Beach Hotel to be generally a very good place for a family holiday base. It is a family run (one of a group of 3 along that part of the coast), with all staff friendly, polite & professional. Most staff spoke English well. The hotel itself is modern, clean & quite well equipped. Of particular note is the quality of the food in the huge restaurant, which is exceptional, & well worth paying extra for the all-inclusive deal. Care here must be taken regarding board status. Items such as red & white wine (from the restaurant), are free to all "inclusive" guests, but not to half board and below.

We all agreed that "inclusive" was the way to go here, not least on account of the unlimited beer, ( the most adequate Greek "Mythos" ), house cocktails, ouzo, wine, toasted sandwiches & ice cream available 11.00 to 23.00 daily from the outside bar.

The bar staff are amazing & very friendly. Yannis is able to chat in an incredible number of languages, including Russian. He can speak good English, and also English with a cockney accent if asked!

The hotel is quiet and well away from any busy road. Stepping out from under the large veranda at the rear (over comfy lounge type chairs & tables), you walk past the large swimming pool, then the small kiddies pool, (about 1' deep). I found the large pool too warm, too salty with too much chlorine, plus I felt that for a hotel that size it could have been a hell of a lot larger. It is however, immaculately kept & very clean. Past the pools there is a grassy area with much tree shade, followed by the beach-side path & then the beach. There is no road or even track between the hotel grounds & the sea, just the path. The distance between the hotel building & the sea is about 120 yards.

The beach is small pebbles, followed by large stones (hard on bare feet), just below the water line. After about 6' of this your feet find soft sand & the soft sand stays. The "beach" is only about 20' deep, but once in the water away from the stones the water depth is very good for small children, deepening only very gradually. I am 6'2'' tall and I finally ran out of footing after perhaps 200 yards.

The sea here is very calm (most of the time), with no swell at all. It is very warm, clear & very clean, as is the beach. There are no currents and the tidal variation is minimal, about 2'. We took to having midnight swims in the sea after the evening show. Warm & surreal!

Sun loungers & parasols are free to inclusive guests (again), there is a small charge to all else. There are plenty of quality water sports off the beach, with 20 - 25% off of Elea guests.

The hotel guests are mainly German, with about 20% Italians and Greeks, 5% Russians & 5% British. Everybody (especially the Germans), were polite, well behaved & very friendly. I did not see or hear of any problems whatsoever. There were quite a few families with young children. These were delightful, and added a warm atmosphere to the hotel.

There are many lateral & front facing (towards Dassia, and beyond, the hills), balconies. Before departure call the hotel and request a sea (rear), facing room. You can then watch the sun rise in the morning over the Aegean and the mountains of the Greek mainland. Spectacular.

We are in agreement with a previous reviewer who felt that the Elea was more 3* than 4. I would down-grade it to 3 and a 1/2*, but only because of the slightly in-adequate big pool, and a somewhat over-busy (& slightly lacking in atmosphere), restaurant. The food however, makes up a lot for this.

Despite this the overall friendly atmosphere, service, facilities, food and the quality of the surrounding area were excellent. We will be staying at the Elea again."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of August 2006

My partner and I went to Elea Beach hote...

Good

"My partner and I went to Elea Beach hotel last week. We arrived early morning and were greeted by an unhelpful porter. We asked about booking a late checkout room for the following Sat and his answer was, you can't do that until the day before you need it and there will be no guarantee you'll get it; 'What have I done?' went through my head as we went to our room.

Once daylight appeared my views on the hotel lightened. It is a very clean hotel with an excellent variety of places to sit and relax, whether it be in the lounges (2), by the pool, on the beach and gardens or on the terraces. It is a beautiful place to be. My only complaint is that there isn't anything to do around the hotel if the weather isn't good, as there is no indoor pool or indoor entertainment.

However, the local bus number 7 stops right outside the hotel and takes you to Corfu Town for 1 euro per person each way every half hour and they do run until late. Something we found out when we had come back early as we didn't want to miss the last one! There is plenty to do in Corfu town in the new and old parts. The new Fortress is by the Port, I really recommend wondering around and you will find excellent places. There is a little restaurant called 'Evergreen' which sells all sorts of finger food and it tastes excellent!

Just along the beach of the hotel at the jetty for Chandris hotel there is a Boat Trip called Asteras which does a beach BBQ trip from 11:45 to about 5:30 for 20 euro pp. You cruise along the east coast, stop at a beach and have a BBQ with wine and swim, then you stop off at Kassiopi for 1hr 30mins then come back and stop of some caves to swing through, I recommend this to get back out of the cave you have to swim underwater for a short amount of time! Then it brings you home, be careful as the floor may still be moving when you step on the ground, the wine is free all day long!

I also recommend a trip to Aqua Land, well worth the money.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly bar the Porter but it is rare that you see him, the entertainment is great, a lot of which is self participating but very enjoyable. We did get our late checkout room!

We really enjoyed ourselves and relaxed. The only down part is the facilities if the weather isn't great. Water sports populate the beach in peak season, however, nothing is available outside the peak season.

You will have a great time."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

Hotels near Elea Beach Hotel

Stayed at Elea Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Elea Beach Hotel

• daddypiker by daddypiker

"dont rush to visit, corfu is an expensive island! "

Elea Beach Hotel is also called