Artemis Apartments

Dassia Greece

Good

definitely a bit of a "time warp" but we are planning to return which would be my 3rd visit so it can't be that bad??

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We stayed at these apartments a couple of years ago and although very basic was exceptionally clean and well looked after by owners and staff. After spending all day out either sightseeing or on the beach swimming, snorkling or just sunbathing we would decided between eating out and have a few drinks finishing off with sitting on our personal patio having either more drinks or coffee playing cards or boards games surrounded by flood-lit beautifully maintained grounds and the distant sounds of local bars which was really very nice. The owners never bothered you but were always at hand if needed. The only downside I found was the pool was closed too early as we would sometimes come back from a day out hoping we could cool down in the pool but it would be closed and this would normally be around 6p.m. apart from this I would recommend it to anyone as long as they don't expect the Ritz but we are definitely planning a return visit!!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2012

My wife and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2008

" My wife and I have just returned from Corfu and we had a great time. Our hosts Karen and Yannis were the ultimate as hosts and it was so sad to hear from Karen that she had lost an awful amount of money due to the collapse of the XL company and its associates.
Having never been to Greece or tried self-catering I had looked at many forums and nearly all had recommended these apartments, so it was no surprise to us that they turned out as expected. The rooms were tidy, clean and complete with all that is needed for a self-catering apartment. The beds and linen were changed every other day and the rooms and surrounding areas kept in good order.
The swimming pool was excellent and cleaned EVERY day. The gardens were well maintained also. There was also plenty of sunbeds for all the residents. I never heard any complaints from the guests whlie we were there and I think we met most of them during our stay and the age group was quite varied.
I hope that Karen and Yannis manage to re-coup most of their losse's and remain in business either as an independent or with a major company. They deserve to as the effort they have put into their premises will ensure I will return one day to enjoy yet another stay on a lovely island with them."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

Returning yesterday from a 25-hour journ...

Reviewed Tue 16th of September 2008

"Returning yesterday from a 25-hour journey home from Corfu following the Kosmar/XL collapse now is the time to count my blessings.

Thank you CAA for getting my family and myself back to UK. Tiring journey: Coach/Ferryboat/7 hour coach to Athens/Jumbo Athens-Manchester/National Express Manchester-Gatwick/Car Gatwick-Camberley.

However, this does not mar our memory of an idyllic holiday. We had a 2-week self-catering holiday at The Artemis Apartments in Dassia. I thoroughly recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting Corfu wishing to self-cater.

This is our 7th Corfu holiday and we feel that we have found the perfect venue to stay at. Set back from the main road behind beautifully kept gardens, the apartments are remarkably peaceful considering their relatively central position to the resort.
75 Metres to a supermarket, 10 minute walk to the beach (all without hills).
We are a family of 3, wife, 22year-old son & myself. Our accommodation was 2 sizable bedrooms with adjoining 30-foot balcony, Bathroom with shower, toilet & washbasin, sizeable kitchen/diner. All were well furnished, comfortable and well maintained. The kitchen was well equipped with fridge, 2 hotplate electric oven, sink, well equipped utensils, cutlery, china pots & pans etc. A far cry from those Greek self-catering apartments we’ve stayed in previously, equipped with 2 forks, a knife & a greasy spoon!
Why so different to so many other Greek venues you may ask?
The proprietor’s yanni and Karen, a hardworking Greek/English couple have great eye to detail and knowledge of exactly what facilities an English family would ideally expect.
This very savvy combination of local knowledge and good management of their service team gives consistent top quality comfort. The freshwater pool is maintained every day. Reception is manned every morning and at most times during the day, someone is at hand to give advice if needed.

Following the collapse of Kosmar/XL, it is my understanding that The Artemis Apartments will continue to act as an independent for direct bookings and via another duel service agent.
The Artemis can be contacted online via their website: www.artemiscorfu.com

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Arrived back this morning after 2 weeks...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of August 2008

"Arrived back this morning after 2 weeks at the artemis apartments in dassia. was very pleasantly suprised on arriving at the artemis, the rooms are so clean and definately have an english womans touch (Karen).

Karen and Yanni visit the apartments every day morning and evening, which is nice, as they both speak english so you know there is always someone to ask questions!!!

We have been to dassia before so were prepared for the walks along the narrow roads, as long as you remember to keep well in away from the lots of busy traffic, its fine.

we had a whole fortnight without a grey cloud in the sky, very high temperatures,
absolutly lovely weather, the only time it proved a problem was for my dad who twisted his ankle on the narrow path ways on the second day of our holiday, and spent the whole two weeks limping and moving very slowly with a very swollen bruised foot, good job he is a true hero, lol x

finally on our last day we had to be out of our room at 12 noon but didnt have our flight until 4.00 am the following day, this was made so much easier as in the artemis they provide a bungalow for everyone to share that is also going home but needs to vacate their rooms, the bungalow has his n her showers a kettle, fridge, mirrors, electricity and a good few sofas, we shared it with some lovely people my boys and our family met, it was like our own version of the big brother house, lol x"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of August 2008

Just returned from an enjoyable week at...

Reviewed Sun 24th of August 2008

"Just returned from an enjoyable week at the Armetis Studios & Apartments in Dassia, Corfu. The apartment was very clean and spacious with TV included. Air-conditioning is available (extra charge but expensive). We didn't really need the aircon anyway as the room stayed relatively cool with the windows left open and the shutters closed. The apartments are set in pleasant surroundings.

The complex itself is set back from a main road which is very busy. The noise from this main road wouldn't have been too bad had it not been for the hundreds of hired mopeds and quadbikes that are constantly being driven up and down 24 hrs a day. Most of these appear to be driven by Italian lads who seem unable to drive them without sounding the horn every 10 seconds or so! Unfortunately there are 3 or 4 of these bike hire places along this stretch of road so there is no escaping them and this does tend to spoil the place.

There's a lovely pool at the Armetis but unfortunately very few sunbeds are provided (we only counted 19). This resulted in most of the sunbeds being reserved with towels from about 8 in the morning even though most of them didn't get used until later in the afternoon but I suppose this happens everywhere now.

There are plenty of bars and tavernas along the main street. It's well worth walking down to the far end rather than just sticking to those nearest the Artemis. One bar/taverna we particularly liked was called "ALEX" which you'll find down the far end on the left upstairs above some shops. It's a lovely setting, up away from the endless traffic - prices were some of the cheapest we found as well!

All in all we were very pleased with the Artemis Studios & Apartments. The people that run the place were extremely friendly and helpful. The only improvement they need to make is to provide more sunbeds at the pool which would ease the "towel reservation" situation.

Get rid of the moped hire places that litter the main street and contribute so much to the noise and this resort would be so much better! "

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

this was our first visit to corfu and wa...

Reviewed Mon 28th of July 2008

"this was our first visit to corfu and was a pleasant surprise as had been told not to expect too much in the way of facililities provided eg kettles cooking facililities etc but was pleasantly surprised at artemis apartments in dassia there was full size kettle toaster and two ring cooker plus ironing board,the apartments are relatively spacious and light and airy ,two storey building containing 16 apartments with swimming pool which has sufficient sun loungers ,parasols and some trees providing a shaded area,it is a nice setting and a friendly environment.it is situated near many shops bars and restaurants and the beach is within a relatively short walking distance there are plenty of watersporting activities which take place along the main dassia beachfront.There is a regular bus service running into corfu town centre and the stop is near the artemis so is handy if you want to use this facility,the owners are friendly and helpful and are willing to give advice.there are many good restaurants near by which are reasonably priced offering good service.the only down side to this resort is the main road which is very busy particularly at this time of year and that is why i give it a score of 9 out 10"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

apartments lovely clean with lots of roo...

Reviewed Wed 9th of July 2008

"apartments lovely clean with lots of room to put your clothes, air conditioning little oven grill, swimming pool lovely and big and clean, apartments set in lovely gardens, you meet your rep they will ask if all is ok and show you place and trips you can do, (boat trips around the island, shopping trips etc...) we have to be out of apartment on friday at noon and wait to be picked up by to rep are flight was not til 3am saturday BUT the owners have a apartment where you can leave your bags, shower, sit and read books or chat to other people while you wait to be picked up. come out of apartments walk down the road to a big supermarket, lots of bars and places to eat. beach 5-7 minutes away you can hire a boat,"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2008

The apartments were more than i expected...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of July 2008

"The apartments were more than i expected they were very clean and the grounds were so well cared for. I had went with my 2 sisters and a friend and we had apartments opposite each other we were at the back of the gardens which was ideal for us away from the road. The whole apartment block is set well back from the busy and at times fast road. We didnt spend any time at the pool but it seemed well looked after we spent our days at the beach in front of the Chandris Hotel or on trips, we had a great holiday. Mini heat wave when we were there, phew back to rainy Northern Ireland. The owners were helpful and friendly and non instrusive.
Our flight was delayed by over 6 hours but we got home eventually, great holiday would love to go back.
The apartments are a must"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Hi Just returned from a week at the Art...

Reviewed Sat 31st of May 2008

"Hi
Just returned from a week at the Artemis apartments Dassia. Brilliant apartments very nice Yarni and Karen lovely people they will go out of there way to help you. Any one wishing to book these apartments go ahead and do it the pool gardens and apartments are great. I havent been to Greece for a long while and was not sure what it had to offer. I was a little surprised at the price of things in Greece food is expensive to buy in the super market now that the pound had dropped against the Euro ( at the rate of today it is 1 euro= 84p ) even all the Greek people that I spoke with said the same food and petrol are at high prices. Saying that I would reccomend a few places should this help. By far the best of the restaurants is Casa wonderfull food try the stuffed squid or Cheese asparagus cheese pies it is all heavenly!!!! then I would reccomend Alexandreas, Keliftico, stifado ect you will pay around £23/25 for a meal for two with a drink. Most bars charge around 3 euro for a large beer (£2.50) and 4 euro (£3.30) at todays exchage rate for a cocktail. Sun beds are around 5 Euro a day and the peddaloes are between 10/15 euro an hour. Dassia beach was much better towards the end of our week as it is around the 1st June that the season starts and itw as during our stay that they really made an effort to clean it up. Saying that it is us tourists Not me but others who had left empty beer cans & bottles ect on the beach. By Yesterday it was looking very nice indeed. Try a trip to Kassiopi on teh local bus some magical beaches on teh way there. Corfu town worth a visit but hectic buildings are amazing to look at. One warning to all we went along to Ipsos walked from Dassia wish I hadnt bothered the beach was terribly filthy with empty cans rubbish and not nice, when you first enter the resort from Dassia for about 1/4 mile it was awful but then cleaned up until you came to the end of the resort to a place called Pargi there were some very nice apartments here but the beach was the worst I had seen littered with rubish a disgrace sea was beautiful but the beach like a tip. Hope this helps anyone going to Corfu. Dassia is a little run down but the people beach and atmosphere is still magical and retains a charm that can still entice the youth in us all.

Moldie"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2008

Hi Just returned from a week at the Art...

Reviewed Sat 31st of May 2008

"Hi

Moldie"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2008

these are the best apartments my wife an...

Reviewed Sun 18th of May 2008

"these are the best apartments my wife and i have stayed in for the last 5 years and will be going back this year yarni and karen always make you feel welcome the rooms for a self catering holiday are just what we like clean comfortable and quiet there are many bars and places eat and drink but the best place is the parasol bar 5 mins down the road kosta and suzanne always make you feel welcome ask him to make you a kamikaze or two lovley but leathal but his football betting skills are rubbish . mine's a girlie beer see you in september v&a "

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

We have just arrived back from Corfu and...

Reviewed Sun 16th of September 2007

"We have just arrived back from Corfu and the Artemis Apartments in Dassia, and I can honestly say that we had a lovely time.

The apartments were set in a very nice setting, lovely gardens all around. The apartment itself was lovely; it was very clean and spacious. We had a one bedroom apartment and we had two terraces! I think we counted that there were about only 16 apartments, so it was very quiet. (Just what we wanted).

It's not ideal though for little children as there is only the one pool, and the shallow end is not that shallow! But it was quite a big pool seeing there wasn't very many people. The tavernas and shops are only a few minutes’ walk away and the long beach is only 5 mins away.

So all in all I would say if you want a nice peaceful quiet holiday then these apartments and Dassia are for you."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2007

Hotels near Artemis Apartments

Stayed at Artemis Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Artemis Apartments

• LouLoftus by LouLoftus

"as I said before don't expect the Ritz and anywhere you go you can't put toilet paper down the loo, but if you like to "step back in time" it's excellent "