Oceanis Rooms Apartments

• italian amenities
  • kitchenware

Like a second home

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"My husband and myself spent two marvelous weeks at the Oceanis Hotel (Barbati) (August 25th to september 8th, 2007)where we felt immediately at home. The hotel offers a stunning view over the sea from a lovely terrace, which is probably one of the best exposed terraces in Corfou!. The atmosphere is relaxing and quiet, and the food was always fresh and served by two friendly young students. The room was adequately equiped, and the hotel has a great swimming pool too, overlooking the sea of course. The best of all was to be able to walk down a few steps to the small peaceful beach below were we could swim in crystal clear water. Nikos, his sister Lliana and both Peter and Katarine made our holiday really special because of their kindness and friendliness. We definitely recommend this hotel and will surely go back when we have a chance to return to Corfou."

• Travel date: 15th September 2007

Amazing place

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"We have stayed 2 weeks at Oceanis and I think it was the best choice possible; these 2 weeks have exceeded our expectations The hotel is near sea, so the view is fantastic; in front is Ionian Sea and Corfu Town and behind is Pantokrator Mountain. (I have posted 2 photos with the view from our balcony) The food is sensational, we could not find anywhere in Corfu Island food as in Oceanis. Our host, Nikos was very friendly and I hope to see him soon. We are already planning our return to Oceanis next Easter :)"

• Travel date: 2nd September 2007

Better than we could have imagined

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"My husband and teenage daughter spend one week at Oceanis. If you appreciate stunning views, great accommodation and wonderfully kind hosts then this is the place for you!!! Before coming here, we island hopped through seven of the most popular islands in Greece and we all agreed this was our best accommodation by far. The great thing about this place was that you could sit either on your balcony or their beautiful restaurant and you were looking out to the stunning panorama of the clear blue sea. Nikos and Illyana have a gem in their hands and sure know how to treat people well and lure them back again. We will be back!!!!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2007

My Greek Home

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"I have just returned from my second holiday at Oceanis with my family and have booked to return with my best friend, Michele, in September 2007 for a week. How lucky I am!! From the moment we arrived at 5.30am and watching the sunrise with my son from our balcony I knew it was going to be a marvellous time. The views are the best with the sheer scale of the Pantakrator mountain behind and the sea in front looking over to Corfu town. Nikos and Iliana are wonderful friendly people for whom nothing is too much trouble.Iliana is now my Greek sister and Nikos is my new best friend. This year we met more of their Greek friends and family whom we hope to meet again next year along with our English friends, Steve, paula and Leah. I had the best fun swimming late at night dipping in the pool. And an extra bonus is walking through a small Olive tree grove to get to a small shingle beach to swim early evening. I love talking to other guests who are from different countries and so interesting. The food is fab and I need to thank Dimitri, the chef, next time I see him as he is so understated but his food is wonderful. It is magical sitting at the covered tables looking out to the sea as the day comes to an end and the night begins. I have never seen such big skies with as many shooting stars. I am taking my 83 year old Dad next May and hope to stay for a month in the summer 2008 with my family again. I hope we will remain lifelong friends it's like coming home"

• Travel date: 28th August 2007

The Need to return to the Oceanis Rooms

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"We have just returned from our 2nd Holiday at the Oceanis Rooms, just North of Barbati. It was a Wonderful relaxing holiday. From the moment you get there you are made to feel welcome, and I can still smell the taste of the Fresh mountain breeze as I speak right now. The Oceanis is perched between Pantokrator and the Ionian sea, with a raised, Panoramic vioew across to Cofu town in the distance. Its a beautiful place, where you are instantly at peace with yourself. Friendships forged here will stay in my memory for a very long time, as will the ridiculous Late night Swimming and Greek dancing- which I mastered whilst Drunk.. This year, besides Nikos and Illyana, we had the privelage of being served by Peter and Katrerina from Slovacia, and what lovely people they were. The Oceanis, became a base this year, and we were able to explore Glyfa, Nissaki, Kalami, San Stefanos, Sidari, Kassiopi, Old Perithia, Paleokastritsa and Kouloura. The Boat Trip we had from nearby Barbati beach was fantastic, , but we were always drawn back to the splendour of the Oceanis Rooms. I cant recall a better location in my life. I cant recall being more at peace with myself. I pray that I can go once again to this place. Stephen and Paula"

• Travel date: 11th August 2007

We will go back to Oceanis Rooms

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We, 2 adults and 1 child, stayed 6 nights at the Oceanis rooms in Barbarti. It was value for money. We had a nice big, simple, 2 room appartment, with balcony overlooking the see. The most fantastic view. The pool area was very nice with only few people. The food was very good, we had super breakfeast with fresch fruits and coffee, we had several lunch and dinner also very good. We went to the small beach just down a few steps, with very clear water and few peole. The owner Nikos and the employees did all we asked for and where very friendly. There is only 2 negative thins about Oceanis. One is that the higway is on the backside of the hotel and the noice from cars was lound in the appartment. Secound is, that if you want to go into Barbarti to eat our to enjoy the beach, it is high risk to walk on the road. Can only recommand this place and we will for sure go there again."

• Travel date: 25th July 2007

Very peaceful

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I spent a week there with a friend, my daughter and her boyfriend. The owners could not have been more friendly and helpful and the food was the best we ate on the island. The apartment were spacious with great views and we had the swimming pool to ourselves for most of the week. It is very quiet and pubs and places to eat a short walk away. I usually never go back to the same place again but we all agreed we wanted to come back here."

• Travel date: 8th June 2007

a beautiful pearl in Nissaki, Corfu

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I had the best stay ever with my two teenage children. The hotel was situated in very beautiful suroundings. The view over the turcoise water was astonishing! It`s the kind og view you see in catalogs, but you seldom see for real. We were swimming from one tiny little beach to another every day. The stab was very friendly and the food was very good. We rented a very nice appartment on the top floor. Sitting on the balkony was like sitting next to the mediterranian sea, only a few meters away. It`s a small and quiet place, you don`t feel like you`re a typical tourist in a typical tourist place. If you want some fun you can go to places nearby like Ipsos. We rented motorbikes and drove along the seaside up to Kassiopi. Astonishing scenary! We played around with watersports at Barbati beach, only a few minutes away with motorbikes. Our 8 day stay was good from one end to another. We will for sure go back to Oceanis next summer again. Marina, Lillvi and Johannes, From Norway"

• Travel date: 17th October 2006

Home from Home very special

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We have just returned from a most special week in Corfu staying at the Oceanis Barbati. The special greeting we got rom nikos and his sister ilianna was just fantastic it was like arriving at your best friends house. Our room 102.. was clean and as the week went on became more and more comfortable, the wonderful views which we had experienced during our last stay in corfu nisaki (2001) which were just as breathtaking as we rememberd. Our room was very clean and comfortable with bedding and towels changed every other day, the air conditioning worked very well. the kitchen area was great for that early morning cuppa and the fridge kept the wine and cool. But walk down to the pool area and nikos,lianna, and the Chef Dimtri (who should be michelin starred ) provide excelent food either at breakfast, lunch and Dinner,never once were we dissapointed, the octopus freshly caught by Nikos's uncle was fist class and cooked and prepared by Dimitri to a mouth watering sensation. We heard that during the week we were there Rick Stein was filming at Agni well Rick you missed this gem of a taverna. We will be returning again and again Nikos we look forward to 2007 and seeing you and the lovely lianna, and as far as my palette goes Dimitri keep the the kalamari coming along with all those other beautiful prepared dishes."

• Travel date: 30th September 2006

Loved the view, but...

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Oceanis Rooms is located in Barbati, 19 km from Corfu town and it is build really on the rocks above the sea, surrounded by all kind of trees in a very beautiful green environment. There is a footpath going down to the sea, in a small “private” beach. There is also the big organised sandy beach of Barbati village, 1 km away and there you can also find tavernas and mini markets. There are 15 rooms, which are big enough and all of them have a magnificent sea view. All the rooms have en-suite facilities, shower, satellite TV and air-conditioning. But cleaning is only two times on week and linen changing only once a weak, which is below standards. Breakfast is served on the pool-side taverna, which also has the same beautiful sea view, but there is no buffet. The owner serves you just a cup of coffee, a glass of juice, bread, butter, marmalade and either a poor toast or an egg (only one!!!). This is probably the poorest breakfast I’ve ever eat on a hotel… In the tavern you can also have lunch or dinner, but nothing very inspired and a little bit overpriced. The pool is not very big but it seems clean enough at most times. There are also free sun-chairs around it. There is also an open car-parking and a little pool-side bar. If there was a better cleaning service in the rooms and a richest breakfast I would give them 5 stars, just for the location and the view, which was probably the best I’ve ever seen. A beautiful panorama… Also, a double room with breakfast only costs us 30 € per night on September, which is a really bargain."

• Travel date: 13th September 2005

Hotels near Oceanis Rooms Apartments

Oceanis Rooms Apartments is also called

• oceanis rooms apartments corfu
  • oceanis rooms apartments hotel corfu