Stamatis

Main Road Agios Stefanos, 49081 Greece

Good

Shame that the pool was free to use for other holidaymakers

Good

"We have just come back from a weeks holiday at the Stamatis apartments. The studio was basic yet comfortable with cooker toaster and kettle. The view was lovely (we stayed on the top floor). We booked through Thomson and the review said that it did not accept under 16s although there may be other families that use the facilities. The pool was huge and you didn't have to fight for the sunbeds. The downside was that too many people were attracted to the large pool and we therefore found it quite noisy with alot of teenagers using the facilities. We loved the place though and would certainly go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2010

Brill!!!!

"These apartments have got 2 be the best we have stayed in.we have been 3 times. Im 26 I went with my parents so we got the 2 bedroom apartment, the room was abit dated and the wardrobe had a funny smell but after my experiance in skiathos give me these anyday!!!!! Tom the owner is really friendly and will do anything for you. The food is lovely, we always had lunch there and the brekfasts are lovely. San stefanos is a lovely relaxing holiday, wouldn't go here with friends thou as its more for families and couples as its 2 quiet....(thats the way i like it) The best restraunts we went to are 2 star, paradise and manthos taverna (overlooking the beach) the food is gorgeous in all these restraunts. the pool is never busy all the times we have been. theres a supermarket straight oppisite and theres a place 2 change travellers cheques next door 2 apartment. also a bakers just up the road which sell GORGEOUS cakes best ive ever had!!!!!defo give these apartments 10 out of 10!!!!!! we are returning next june and we cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

An excellent place to stay in an great l...

"An excellent place to stay in an great location in a wonderful resort!

The apartments (we had a studio for 2) could do with being bigger, but when you consider the amount of time you spend in there this is not a particular problem. The size of the bathroom was the largest drawback.

The kitchen is well stocked including a toaster - a first for us in Greece - if you are one of those who likes to cook while you are away. With as many restaurants as you could possible want within a few minutes walk, and all very cheap, I am not sure why you would want to!

The apartments are kept very clean, although I would suggest taking a toilet roll with you just in case!

Air conditioning is available - about 70 Euros for two weeks - and is an essential to ensure a good nights sleep and no bites from our good friends the Mosquitos which can be a problem in this resort.

The pool - which is huge - was never busy and always kept clean with a well stocked bar if you fancy a drink, snack or ice cream on those glorious sunny days!

You get what you pay for in life, Stamatis is more than reasonable value for money!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

I stayed in the Stamatis Apartments in S...

"I stayed in the Stamatis Apartments in San Stefanos Corfu August 2007 with my two children, aged 12 and 8. It is a super family resort. Very safe and friendly. There is plenty to do. The beach is pleasant and not over crowded, even in August. The pool at Stamatis is super, along with the apartments, and food. Staff are very friendly. We ate at a wide range of restaurants, all good, but our favourite is Nafsika Hotel, which is superb. Fantastic fresh food, very friendly and helpful. Excellent value and choice. We had such a fantastic holiday that we are due to return again this August. This time we are staying at the Teresa Apartments but will certainly return to the Stamatis for lunch and a swim, and our mouths water at the though of returning to the Nafsika Hotel. All pools are free to use and it is worth having a look around all of the hotels etc. I recommend this resort for a relaxing family holiday, with just the right amount of restaurants and bars etc."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

Myself and my Boyfriend are both 20 and...

"Myself and my Boyfriend are both 20 and we found San Stefanos the perfect location, a place to relax and with a couple of bars available we could also have a bit of night life. After a year of working and a fresh start at University we had a fantastic time relaxing and doing nothing!

As for the apartments being inadequate, i beg to differ. yes they are dated but Greece is Greece! Aslong as everything worked, which it did, thats all that matters. If you have any problems Stammatis is only to happy to oblige - we locked ourselves out at 1 in the morning, but Stammatis is still up and came running over to help!

Mike and Stammatis are wonderful, friendly people and the maid loved to flirt with my boyfriend! At midday they all sat in the shade with a pint and we were always encouraged to join them, not that we could understand what they were saying!

I would recommend this resort to those families who like to relax, those with older children can still find something for everyone, the condor bar has a bit of everything, again including friendly greeks! If you are young and like large night life, this resort is not for you, yet if your young and like to relax then it will be perfect. The amount of friends we made was amazing and after the first day Mike knew what our tipples were, what more could you ask!

At the end of our holiday we were so sad to leave, we were all up til about 3 in the morning with Stammatis in the bar, saying goodbye. Mike even pulled up early the next morning in front of our coach to say goodbye!

If you are looking for a lovely, relaxing and eventful break then this is the one, we highly recommend Theo's Boat BBQ, a day of sun, sea, food, greek dancing and plenty of alcohol!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2008

Me and my friend (2 girls in our 20's) b...

"Me and my friend (2 girls in our 20's) booked a last minute deal last September and as it was the end of the season we were lucky to stumble across these apartments. We only paid £105 for two weeks self-catering so were not holding our breath on ending up anywhere particularly stunning for such a steal. However when we rolled up at the Stamatis in the middle of the night we were stunned to be led upstairs to one of the huge family apartments! We each had a double bed in separate rooms, bathroom, kitchen and lounge area with sofa-bed, not to mention a big balcony overlooking the pool and the sea. There were definitely excited squeals as soon as the owner closed the door behind him! The room was cleaned regularly and fresh towels provided almost daily, the bathroom was a bit pokey but it was fine for its purpose.

The swimming pool was enormous and there was always plenty of sunbeds available, although this may be to do with the time of year that we visited. We were definitely the youngest people there amongst many old couples but we did not let that put us off, and I’m sure we entertained them with our activities on the slide, lilo's and diving board! The drinks from the bar were a bit pricey and you were not allowed to take your own drinks or snacks to the pool with you. We forgot one day; after celebrating my birthday the night before we were feeling particularly delicate and woozy, but I was actually summoned by the owner and given a right telling off which surprised me quite a bit.

The beach was fantastic! Long, golden and plenty of room for everyone. We hired sunbeds for comfort and they weren't too expensive and even going quite late in the year we still managed to get very good tans. We had a go on some of the watersports which was great fun, and the sea was warm and clear. Just gorgeous. Most days we tended to stay around the resort but there wasn't really that much to do.

We were definitely the youngest and the quaint bars and few restaurants seemed to cater for the older people. So we decided to make our own fun and head to the main bar Condor each night where we performed a multitude of karaoke medleys for the enjoyment of all the other guests! After a few nights in a row the owner of the bar began to expect us to get things started on the karaoke and we were happy to oblige for free drinks and t-shirts! Everyone was lovely and very friendly and even the guests got to know us and would chat with us the next day laughing about our dance-floor antics and prising off the touchy-feely young Greek guys who came in around 12, yuk!

We hired a beach buggy one day and made our way over to Sidari, although by the time we got there we had to make our way back so it might be a good idea to hire it for more than a couple of hours. The roads were interesting; we especially enjoyed coming face-to-face with a huge coach and not being able to reverse in the buggy! So, mind out, but it is great fun.

We personally found two weeks to be a little long in this resort, especially for young people. We were lucky and made friends with a couple of locals who took us to Sidari a couple of nights and made the last week of the holiday thoroughly enjoyable and funny. The food was very good in the surrounding restaurants; I think we ate at Barras about a million times because it was so yummy. The Mexican place was good too but a bit dead, although the owner did make me a special birthday cocktail for free (not that I’d like to guess what was in it!)

Overall, a fantastic holiday beginning with a huge stroke of luck. Not the best resort for groups of friends, but couples will love it. Best to go for one week rather than two.

• Travel date: Wed 19th of December 2007

I've just read the other review and have...

Good

"I've just read the other review and have decided to try to balance the impression. I've been to Stamatis 4 times now and I quite agree that they are a bit dated. However, this is compensated to a great extent by the situation, the host and the pool. What do you expect a pool to be, other than cold, in October. It is by far and away the best pool in San Stefanos and we meet people year after year who return because of the pool. Tom is lovely and very helpful. My children are now grown up and, for the first time in a while, we went as a family 3 years ago.

All my children want to return there next year. The studios have a balcony both front and back so you can choose sun or shade. They do have a kitchen (unlike the studio I have just come back from in Zante where the kitchen was literally 4 feet square, the fridge had to be in the bedroom, there was no plug point in the 'kitchen and we had to hire a kettle AND no air con) and it is not unusual to have no shower curtain. Its more like a wet room.

I love San Stefanos and these studios are set well back from the road. Tom is gradually improving the facilities and we see differences year by year. The block is quite small and Tom will do his best to look after you during your stay."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

The apartment we were in was old and ant...

"The apartment we were in was old and antiquated. Although the water was always hot the hand held shower facility was a lot to be desired. The shower curtain was suspended about 2 feet above the shower tray so all the floor was wet.

There were no hooks anywhere and one small drawer was inadequate.

The pool was over 10 feet deep and was freezing.

The adjacent block was a lot newer with fantastic bathroom facilities so I think we pulled the short straw.

The resort was brilliant with lots of great walks, lovely restaurants and friendly people.

I would recommend The Olive Press where you can prebook your meal. Meats are cooked on an olive wook stove the lamb is fantastic.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Hotels near Stamatis

Stayed at Stamatis? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Stamatis

• laura by laura

"best apartments we have ever stayed in! "

Stamatis is also called