About MarBella Corfu

• tv rtr planeta russia
  • slovenian amenities

Wonderful

Reviewed Wed 22nd of June 2016

"I stayed at this hotel as part of a group of 6 adults. We chose it based on the recommendation of one them who had been just six month before and couldn't wait to return. We all had a fantastic time and were impressed with the standard of decor both internal and external , cleanliness, amenities, food, staff and service. The hotel grounds , restaurants, bars and pools are beautifully laid out making the most of the spectacular sea views. We thought that the animations team did a great job of keeping us all amused with the variety of activities they had running throughout the day and evening and their manner was so friendly, making everyone feel welcome to take part and giving us all a lot fun. I found that this was the perfect,peaceful, environment to rest and feel pampered and waited on with opportunities for social activities and fun thrown in for those who wished it. There was never a dull moment or anything lacking. My only complaint is that one week wasn't long enough! We are already planning a longer return visit for next year."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2016

DO NOT STOP AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2016

"5 star - joke - 3 star at best and that's on a good day. Staff rude and unhelpful. Food awful, facilities poor. I can only imagine this hotel got its five star rating late 70s as things have moved on considerably since then and unfortunately this hotel has not. If you have never been to a five star hotel you might think it's ok but if you are used to five star hotels avoid this at all costs. I have seen better service in a £15 a night B&B in Blackpool who could teach this hotel a thing or two. "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of May 2016

Hotel Marbella, Corfu

Reviewed Tue 8th of September 2015

"Just back from this hotel. We (four of us) had been on a cruise and stay holiday and were on the all inclusive package. This place is out of this world! We had to keep asking if things we were getting were actually on the all inclusive package - it all seemed too good to be true! This place was faultless as far as staff, food, facilities and just everything went. There is not much to do outside the place - busy road and no pavements to walk on, however there is a good local bus service to nearby villages and to Corfu town. It is ideal for chilling out after a week's cruising. There are plenty of activities within the complex though.

I would advise going for an all inclusive package here as if not it would work out quite an expensive holiday - given that it is 5 star - many guests opted for this after a couple of drinks!

Would definitely recommend."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of September 2015

Fantastic Holiday Break

Reviewed Wed 20th of January 2010

"I went with 3 othjer friends for a week and we had a great time, the food and drink was good, and the people were very frinedly. Would recomemnd booking through Fresh Holidays as we got a very good cheap bargain deal - would definitely go again"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of January 2010

great holiday

Reviewed Wed 13th of May 2009

"Hotel was terrific!
Staff - very pleasant.
Big room, with big beds. Nice terrace.
Nice and clean pools.
Food: if you like Mediterranian food - you will enjoy it!!! Good and healthy.
Go for it!"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

At our welcome meeting the young rep con...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of September 2008

"At our welcome meeting the young rep confidently announced we were in a 5* hotel. Having stayed in several 5* resorts in Europe and Canada over the last few years we can assure him with equal confidence that he is wrong. The hotel, our room and patio, the grounds and the staff were indeed excellent but for a hotel pretending to be top-rated, where were the bathrobes, the 'turn-down' service, the quality smellies in the bathroom ...? It's those little extras, the attention to small details which make the accommodation stand out - or otherwise.

However, the greatest let-down was the restaurant: We had both so looked forward to dining at an outside table, overlooking the sea but our first (and only) meal there was throroughly spoilt by the persistent attention of up to half a dozen wasps.

Generally the restaurant seemed as if it were suffering from end-of-season fatigue; food presentation/display lack creativity and imagination and, I would say, pride. Furthermore there was no 'show cooking', virtually no shellfish and what roasts there were were limited to one joint per night.

Fortunately we prefer to dine early, just as well for on the one evening we did not we found the most popular dishes gone and not refreshed.

Having said all this, my wife and I wanted a quiet, relaxing week in a pleasant location far from the madd(en)ing crowd. Our stay at the Marbella was all that - and, on a positive note, we found the staff uniformly pleasant, friendly and very helpful.

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

My wife and I had the great pleasure of...

Reviewed Sun 14th of September 2008

"My wife and I had the great pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel for our 27th wedding anniversary. The public rooms are very elegant lovingly furnished.I found all the staff very friendly and helpfull we stayed in a seaview room on the 4th floor of the main building I would recommend booking a seaview room as some other rooms are in a quadrangle so the only view you get is of someone elses room, the food was buffet style, breakfast was very good with a good choice on offer. The evening buffet was good but not as good as it should have been, being a 5 star hotel.The whole site is kept clean and tidy at all times it has to be the cleanest hotel your ever stay in I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. "

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2008

Have just got back from a week in the Ho...

Reviewed Wed 27th of August 2008

"Have just got back from a week in the Hotel Marbella in Corfu. Overall had a really good time with my gf, weather was amazing - in august we didnt see anything apart from 100% sun about 35 degrees every day. The hotel is good - I'm quite picky about hotels and having stayed at very good hotels around the world it was interesting to see how the Corfu 5star rating matched up. Rooms were quite spacious. We had a twin double which has two double beds in and was plenty big enough for us. Was a little disappointed with the bathroom quality and size. Shower curtain didnt reach the floor so the floor got very wet after a shower - just a little on the cramped side for my liking.

Hotel had 2 pools, both salt water so be prepared. Loads of sun bed available for use and beach towels provided by the hotel. There's a pool resteraunt as well as a resteraunt down by the hotels private beach which again has plenty of seating and umbrellas should you need them. Easy access into the sea and easy access to the water sports area which is a little walk down the beach - parasailing, speed boats, jet skis - so much fun to be had there. We went up on a parasail and you get amazing views of the area - plus they take pics of you when your up there so you can also by the cd with images on if you want.

Anyhow - bad points of the hotel.

Food was a little disappointing. Mass catering for everyone in the hotel who is half board. Plenty of food, served in a buffet style. I'm sure it was all perfectly healthy and clean just sometimes food presented in a 'mass catering' way didnt appeal. Food hours 7-10 breakfast and 7-10 dinner meant you could always find a quieter time to dine. Waiter service very good, and very attentive. Just pay for your drinks as you require them. However, you wont go hungry.

Unf, as a few other reports have said, there is a wasp problem around the hotel. Not major at all but they always seem to find you when you get food out. We found this when eating outside at the beach bar and main resteraunt (obv only outside). The locals dont seem to mind them but was a little annoying when you want a quiet meal in the early evening. Dont let it put you off but they did annoy me a bit!!!

Steep walk up to the hotel - not rlly suitable for disabled or elderly. They really should make more notice of this in their adverts

No close towns. Nearest decent town in benites which is about 4km down the coast - approx 10 euros taxi ride.The hotel is a little in the middle of nowhere which is nice but also when you want to venture out not so convenient. There is a car / bike / quad bike hire at the bottom of the hill right by the hotel which is useful - but benites is a little bit too far and the greek drivers are a little eratic!!

Good points

Friendly Staff
Good maid service, even if you do get up at 1pm..eeeeek
All european languages catered for.
Childrens activities provided for in the afternoons.
very quiet relaxing environment

Overall good hol but - i would say food and wasps were the main draw backs!!

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

Just back from a wonderful stay at the M...

Reviewed Sat 28th of June 2008

"Just back from a wonderful stay at the Marbella with my girlfriend and have to say I was pleasantly surprised having read some of these reviews before going. The Hotel is beautiful and set in a stunning location overlooking the Ionian Sea. The Room was wonderful with a fantastic sea view and cleaned everyday. The only negative here is to be prepared to be disturbed by the maids if you're not out by 10ish, (there were no d.n.d. signs!) The food was lovely, we were b&b, the selection ranged from cooked to delicious healthy fruits and Greek yoghurts, the staff were chatty to us and quite helpful.

All in all a lovely week, I can really recommend this hotel to couples that just want to chill for a week or so.

Yassas!

Jeremy and Zara"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

This was my third visit to this hotel an...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"This was my third visit to this hotel and feel now I would not return. The majority of staff are wrapped up in their own world with little time for chatter not like the old corfu. The Hotels communal areas are really attractive but unfortunately the rooms do let it down badly. They are drab with dark wood and colours and aften smell damp.

Rooms are cleaned every day and sheets changed more than once a week. They have now added another pool where the entertainment stage was. The bellowing of entertainment staff doing aerobics in the pool is no good if you want a quiet holiday.

The beach is manmade with a nice beach bar the food is good and fresh. They have removed the wooden platform for restoration, this gave easy access to the next beach plus easier access to the sea. It is a shame this was not dealt with before the season started. I understand it took just 20 days to install the new pool.

The food was not so good this time and often there was little of it after the early birds had ascended.

I also noticed rats in daylight enjoying the facilitites around the lower pool, I also acquired a cockroache on the last day in my room.

This is supposed to be a five star hotel, I have to say not in my book it isn't"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Fantastic Holiday. We stayed here for a...

Reviewed Fri 4th of January 2008

"Fantastic Holiday. We stayed here for a week for our honeymoon.

Very clean, the Hotel, pool, gardens, and beach are fantastic.

All staff were very helpful face to face and over the phone, my sister in law took a holiday there last year following our recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are considering going back again this year.

Entertainment for both adult and kids is great.

Food was good and the variety showed. The a'la carte restaurant was really special, you sit on a platform raised over an outside pool, when lit at night it is truly fantastic.

Highly recommend."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

After reading various reviews had some c...

Reviewed Sun 9th of September 2007

"After reading various reviews had some concerns about the Marbella Hotel. However, I am pleased to say that most of those concerns did not materialise.

My husband and I were allocated a room that had a beautiful view across the grounds and over the sea - on a good day we could see mainland Greece. The rooms are not 5* star - however, they were exceptionally clean with TV, fridge, toiletries, hairdryer and air-conditioned. Bed linen and towels were changed daily.

The swimming pool was salt water and all one depth. There were plenty of sunloungers and umbrellas. Beach towels were provided and could be changed daily. The man-made sandy beach again had sunloungers and umbrellas.

The restaurant was busy as reports stated. You just need to time your arrival - we never waited more than 5 mins for a table. As this is an international hotel you found that some of the other guests were not as considerate as you would expect (either in the queues or in at the buffet tables) - but by the end of the holiday it all became part of the experience of dining!

The hotel does have a lot of steps so not for the faint hearted. A point to note is that the hotel is at the top of a steep hill and other than your arrival and departure, tour company buses or trip buses picked up and dropped off at the bottom of the hill.

Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and were not ready to come home at the end. The hotel is lovely but located in the wrong place if you want a traditional Greek village/town holiday experience. Although there is two tavernas near the hotel (bottom of hill) their prices are similar to those in the hotel - expensive i.e. 29 euros for 4 drinks. We found that if we paid the price for a taxi (10 euros including tip) to the nearest town Marakitha you could get the same drinks for 12 euros and had plenty of traditional Greek tavernas or english bars - and still saved money. We found a bar called Harry and George run by two greek men who made every effort to make you welcome and took time out to talk or entertain guests. A very friendly and entertaining bar with both Harry and George providing information about the island and providing any help you need with local information.

As for Corfu - it is a beautiful island full of history and places to see.

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Hotels near MarBella Corfu

Top traveller tips for MarBella Corfu

• Kathryn B by Kathryn B

"Go for the all inclusive package. "

• JamesS by JamesS

"Book a different hotel "

MarBella Corfu is also called