The Pink Palace

Agios Gordios 490 84 Greece

Absolute Dump!!!!

"This place is a disgrace to Greece and if you stay there you might as well stay in your backyard at home in a tent....the service sucked!! I dont know his name but there was a heavy set man with spikey hair who worked the desk and he was a total (---)! Our electricity went out the first 5 minutes we were in the room...and the staff could give a (---)! we ended up leaving the very next morning and rented a 2 bedroom 1 bath and kitchen with a full balcony apartment ON THE BEACH for $30 Euro cheaper then the pink palace...dont be fooled by the website you must pay ALOT for all activities and they are a HUGE HIKE from the beach...The Pink Palace should be forced to leave by Agio Gordios"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

relaxing at the pink palace

"I can't believe Dr. George is still there. I went there when I was 22 and I am now 40. My friends and I didn't even plan to go there. We were in Italy and felt we needed to "relax" on the beach for a few days,. Everyone we met said we had to go to the Pink Palace in Corfu. So we jumped on the next ferry. Relax we didn't do. When we got there around 6:00 a.m. we were greeted by some shots of pink ouzo and 2 guys from Ireland who had been there for a few hours wanting for some other guests. Needless to stay we all continued to drink and hang out together over the next few days. Relaxing on the beach was more from being up late then sightseeing. We were only there a few days but it was fun. At this age I wouldn't go back, I would sightsee some more and find somewhere more relaxing, still with ouzo, but maybe not pink ouzo. My friends and I definitly had a great time at that age. It is definitly geared to a young partying crowd."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

Good time but too many americans

"I went with two buddies of mine and we had an awsome time. I would rate the hotel as 5/5 but the americans spoiled it by 1. So i rank it a 4/5. The girls are a little bigger than average and their speak like it as well. I would have liked to see some more european chicks. Food was good. The 4 wheelers were cheap and fun. Just watchout for those beached whales (aka american chicks) and the hot tub. Other than that toga party off the hook. Great hotel fun trip.

Oh ya and try to fly there cause it took us close to 48 hours of straight travel from Rome. Long train ride to Bari and an even longer boat ride. Had to sleep in a port on some bench fighting off some Borats. I took a flight out to Athens much better. Only 75 euros each way."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

the most fun I never want to have again

"I went to the Pink Palace when I was 22 & single, & it was absolutely the best time in my life to have gone. I almost felt as though I was one of the older people there, but it definitely didn't matter.

Everything you've heard about the Pink Palace from people that have stayed there & the Pink Palace website are true. We were welcomed right off with a shot of pink ouzo. We were then escorted to our A-class room. Do NOT chintz & get the B-class! With A-class you get better beds, private bathrooms & AIR CONDITIONING, which you'll really want. The price difference is miniscule.

Be prepared to climb a LOT of steps. From the beachside café to our room was 151 steps. Rumour has it that Doctor George did that on purpose to make sure girls' behinds are firm - it really works!

There is an ouzo circle every other night, & a toga party every Saturday night, if I remember correctly. We were there for the Summer Solstice toga party, which was off the hook awesome. Definitely go to that! I think I got back to my room around 530am, & people were still partying when I left.

One thing you will NOT get here is any sort of Greek culture. Everyone here speaks English & is either from Canada or the US, aside from maybe 3 staff members. Breakfast & dinner are greasy North American fare - sausages, eggs, spaghetti, etc. Venture outside the hotel for at least some of your meals - 2 of my travelling companions got quite sick from the food.

We planned to stay 6 nights & ended up staying 9. After 9 nights there, I was DONE. Plan to stay no more than 7 nights there - the Pink Palace atmosphere gets really old really fast. See the rest of Greece - don't spend all your time at the Pink Palace!

Overall, this was a great value for the price we paid (25E pppn, if I remember correctly). I wouldn't stay there again (lifestyle has changed), but would I do it over again? In a heartbeat!!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of February 2006

Great Price

Good

"We got there 5am and they said they were getting the rooms ready and to wait in the lobby-it was taking a while so we kept asking will they be ready soon? so if not we could go down to the beach or something instead of waiting in the lobby. But the answer was "no" they kept saying just wait here please-theyll be ready soon. We waited till 10am! That's 5 hours! Stayed in a double B-class room despite booking A-class room. It was really hot and the air-con didn't work.
The party scene is pretty good if you're in your teens or early 20s, and preferably single. You can't beat the location and the range of activities. The fact you get breakfast and dinner included in the low price is also great-but you CAN get great cheap food outside the Palace too though-if you choose to stay somewhere else."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of November 2005

Fun and Convenient, but...

"Stayed at the pink palace with 2 friends in july 2005, we shared a 3 person A-class room. We loved everything about this place and even extended our stay an extra night. Everything is taken care of for you - breakfast and dinner, beach, excursions, lots of bars, parties...

The one thing that left me with a sour taste in my mouth is the day we checked out of the hotel. We planned to take the "overnight bus to Athens" that night so we decided to go on the 4-wheeler tour for day, which was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend doing it.
Anyways when we got back, we were told we could shower but we were sent down to the public bathroom/showers near the beach which were dirty and disgusting and only had ice cold water. I felt like a dog being hosed down in a backyard. Then that night, the bus to Athens which we payed $47 euro for was not as they described it. The bus drives for about 40 minutes, then it stops and you have to wake up and get on a ferry, then get back on the bus an hour later, then back onto another ferry, then onto the bus again, and another ferry, all this throughout the course of the night so you will get absolutely NO sleep. If I would have known this, I surely would avoid it and just pay for a ferry directly from the port of Corfu to Athens but of course they don't tell you. Then to top it all off, the bus drops you off not in anywhere central Athens but at the door of a hostel that they do business with which is in the middle of nowhere, and conveniently too late to get onto a ferry to the other islands in the morning. So of course they offer you a room to stay or showers that you have to pay for. I got the hell out of there and found a cheap hotel in central athens (Hotel Diros - check it out) for the same price and didn't need to get ripped off anymore by this scam.

If you stay at the pink palace, expect to throw some money around - you'd be surprised how much you can spend even with so many things included. Don't spend all your time at the resort - see the island and what it has to offer, go into the town and see the nightlife because despite what people tell you, it exists! Also at the palace you'll want to stay for days and days and keep extending - trust me, see the other Greek Islands too. Ios is beautiful and has real parties and clubs, and Santorini is amazing too. Don't limit yourself to the pink palace, just experience it and keep moving!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2005

The Most Fun You'll Have in Greece

"I've been all over Europe, Asia, and Latin America and this is undoubtedly the best hostel, or hotel for that matter, that I've stayed at. They picked me up from Athens in a huge coach and started to meet plenty of people right then and there...the price was also 10 euros cheaper than the public bus. I arrived in the afternoon and was amazed to see that the place actually looked like it did on the website. I payed nearly nothing for a room with an ocean view and 2 hot meals a day. The staff was awesome and renting a scooter was easy so I got to see some of the island.
The nightlife was ridiculous and I dont think I've ever partied so hard or met so many people in all my life. When it was time to go I changed my mind and stayed a couple of extra days bc it was that fun...if you come to Greece and dont stay here you're missing out."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2005

Cool

Good

"It was a good place to stay if you want to meet people and do things. They have the safari and the meals and It seems to be fairly well organizaed. The only thing I didnt like was the totally rude staff and the gross men that work there and think they can pick anyone and everyone up. It was a good bang for you buck!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

WHATEVER!

"Okay, where do I start. We had been travelling ALL night and once we got there the rooms were not even ready. I was so tired I wanted to cry. They left us in a room for a few hours while they got organized.....there was a host girl who was snotty and annoying, she speaks so fast and TOO MUCH. We finally got to o to our rooms. All we wanted to do was take a nap, when I looked under the covers there were thick black hairs EVERYWHERE and it stayed that way for 5 nights. The sheets were never washed. (All five girls had the same nasty sheets) The bathrooms were disgusting. The beach was nice, but you had to take a really long walk down and a seriously annoying hike back up. The food was horrible. The people who work there have bets to see how many girls they can score with so traveling with 5 girls wasnt easy. I can see why people like to go there because its cheap and you get alot for your money breakfast and dinner included and they organize something called Booze Cruise where they take you out all day on a boat...you can guess what gos on. I would never stay there again if you put a gun to my head. The only highlight was that there was something wrong with the cards for the internet so it was free. Oh, and my friend flipped her 4 wheeler and the sent her straight to the doctor where he looked at her arm for two seconds, wrapped it and charged her 40 Euro."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2004

Funny how everyone gives this a 1 or a 5 :)

"Okay, I wish I could give this one two reviews:

- if you are a backpacking college student, this gets 5-stars. I'm serious: it is a great party on the ocean, with lots of cheap liquor flowing and hookup possibilities galore. Be prepared to drink Ouzo like it's going out of style. It's definitely Poor Man's Daytona - year-round!

- if you are anyone else, it's a dumpy hotel with bad facilities, definitely not worth traipsing across the island in a pink bus for. It makes Motel 6 look like the Fairmont Plaza Hotel. The other guy who posted about the bed with a hole in it probably got one of the better rooms! Our room flooded everytime somebody flushed and smelled like puke the whole time we were there.

Fortunately, I don't remember much else about the place - I just think of it as a couple of bad hangovers."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2004

One of the best holidays I have had

Good

"The pink palace is run by a friendly family and staff,it was worth the money and so much to do,I went there by myself and made good friends the rooms were clean and the food was good and plenty of it.
Fantastic large disco open all night,went on the booze cruise and visited virgin beaches on the way,also went on quad safari and the scenes were breath taking,Agios gordios beach was very clean and crystal clear water,did not need to venture out there was always something happening at the pink palace I recommend this place to anybody ideal for 18-40 I am 56 and did not feel out of place.will take a few friends there next year."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of June 2013

party like a 15 year old...

"Forget about culture and manners. Come here, pay extra for water on the breakfast and be trapped since it costs a lot to get away. Dirty rooms, no towels, overly eager promoting by the staff and teens who like to flash their bits and get dead drunk. "

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2012

Hotels near The Pink Palace

Stayed at The Pink Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for The Pink Palace

• theroyals by theroyals

"breathtaking views, quiet beach, fun little village "

• theroyals by theroyals

"tiny cafes at the bottom of the hill, kayaking around the shoreline, quad biking over the mountains "

• xera by xera

"have fun and be social because it is a very social atmosphere "

• Pepperoni by Pepperoni

"Safaris via 4-wheeler or kayak offered spectacular scenery "

• glennoliver by glennoliver

"quad safari a must and the booze cruise was a good day out "

• fourmillion by fourmillion

"footpaths in neighbouring traditional villages, scootering into Corfu Town to see heritage sights "

The Pink Palace is also called