Eriva

Acharavi, Acharavi 491 00 Greece

Good

lovely holiday spent at eriva

"just back from a weeks stay at the eriva, apartments were lovely and comfortable.
pool area really nice,plenty of sunbeds.
family run complex with good food and drink available.
Would definately consider staying again as it is close to acharavi and a nice walk along the coast into roda."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2012

GREAT PLACE TO CHILL.

"What you want from a holiday, well positioned for the beach & local town, no noise from the town at all, the pool is very clean also all you need is at hand, plenty of local tavernas along the beach,( for that stunning sunset), also in acharavi itself, all are at very reasonable prices, we eat out every night. Some clubs in town for the younger members, nice walk along the beach into Roda, even just for the change of scenery is worth the walk, as soon as possible get to the local shop for your water & teabags, the mineral content of the local water will not agree with the european tum. The rooms at the Eriva are basic but very clean, a place to hang your clothes, a place to sleep, there is a two ring electric cooker in every room also a sandwich toaster & kettle, all rooms have air conditioning at a cost of 4 euros a day,all are very friendly & helpful. Already booked there next year, great place to recharge the old batteries."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2012

A good 2weeks at Eriva

Good

"Just home from 2weeks staying at Eriva,we stayed 2years ago and enjoyed it then, and things are just as good now. The Eriva is run by a really nice family who do everthing to make sure you have a great holiday.
The location of the hotel is perfect for the town centre and the beach, both a 5 min, walk in either direction. The hotel is well looked after by family members, the gardens,pool,and the poolside bar is run bt Alex and his wife, he is also one of the family.The prices are very reasonable for drinks/food and nothing is a problem. The rooms are all you need for S/C and sheets and towels were changed 3 time in our 2 weeks. We will be back, a good 2weeks for the price payed."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2012

It was so amazing, we're going again next year!

"Well, Ervia. What can I say other than the people there made me feel like family. The Eriva family are so welcoming as soon as we set foot off the bus. We were welcomed into our room which was only 3 rooms- kitchen, bathroom & bedroom. Although it was very basic, it was very easy to get used to.

I went with my parents as I was 14 at the time. I wasn't excited about having my first proper family holiday with them as I would have been by myself. But I knew all that needed was some easy getting used to. It took us about an hour an a half on the bus to get to Eriva from the airport but there are some lovely sights along the way!

Firstly, as we got there we unpacked our things and went to the back of the hotel where the pool, pool bar, loungers, pool table and play area were. We went up to the bar and was greeted by Natalie. She is a young woman who works behind the bar with her husband, Andreas. Natalie is so friendly and welcoming as soon as we sat down by the pool bar she asked us what we wanted and even remember our orders. She told us a lot about how she moved out here from Britain because she liked the sun and met her husband. Natalie also gave us directions onto the main street which was out the back gates and literally 5 minutes away.

The pool is a fair size but can sometimes get over crowed. There aren't many sun loungers so if you get there in the middle of the day there may be a high chance there will be none left so you'd have to bathe on the grass around the back.

As we left out the back gate we had to turn a few corners to get onto the road. As we walked up we came across a restaurant and a club which were pretty dead but this was at about 3 in the afternoon so what do you expect? As we got onto the main road it was filled with restaurants, shops and a huge supermarket which we shopped in straight away to pick up supplies.

We stayed on the main road for about an hour until we got back to the hotel where we dropped off our things. As we passed Natalie waved to us and told us to check the beach out next. We went up to our room, dropped everything off and headed to the front gate where you walk down a small path and the beach is right in front of you. It's a pebbly beach and that's why we liked it as a family because there wasn't a lot of sand. Along the beach front are small shops, restaurants and clubs.

As we came back we stayed in the room for a while then went back downstairs to have a drink. Natalie remembered our orders and I left my parents early to have a shower.

The bathroom is small but as we had a studio it was expected. The shower was warm and it cooled you off straight away. Although, YOU MUST SUPPLY YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER.

When we were all ready we were ready to leave and went to "Alex's" which was along the seafront. Once we finished we came back and had a few drinks and spoke to Natalie and Andreas. We later went up to our room. The bed's weren't the best as they were rather hard but they're easy to get used to.

While out in Corfu we also went on the glass boat trip (which I highly recommend).

I highly suggest Eriva apartments to anyone and cannot wait to see everybody again this year in late July! "

• Travel date: Wed 19th of January 2011

Aug 2010- Consider going again

"Got back early today (24th Aug) Having spent a week at this delightful place.Flew from Leeds/Bradford having booked through Jet2 holiday via the internet.

There were just myself and 15 year old son with me and I wasnt sure what the resort had to offer a teenager, in short there is not much there although he didnt mind, there was a decent pool at the accommodation and a very friendly family atmopsphere and plenty of other people around his age. The poolside bar is run by Andreas and his english wife, they are both really pleasant and easy going, nothing is too much trouble, meals are varied and reasonably priced, although there are some excellent restaurants in the town which is a short walk away, we ate out every night in the town average price for a meal for two with drinks came to about 30 euros, local beer(Mythos) was only 2 euros for a pint, had a day at the Hydropolis waterpark, wasnt impressed much only a few slides and not much else there, it is only a ten minute walk from the resort but consider booking an organised trip to Aqualand instead if waterparks are your thing. car hire very reasonable(40 euro a day for a small runabout)I opted for a dune buggy which worked out a little bit more than a car as it happened but it was a lot more fun and easy to drive(only two person though)even let my lad have a go down an off road track we found. No beach watersports in Acharavi, so you will need to go off resort to paraglide/jet ski etc.Beach was all pebbles but about 10 minute walk back into Roda it gets more sandy if thats what you are after

Accommodation basic but clean, bathrooms a bit small if any criticism, the owners speak good english and are friendly and helpful as are the rest of the staff, I would not hesitate to visit again, been to Corfu a number of times all over the island and this is the best place I have been I would say, Defiantely reccommend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of August 2010

Ideal for families

"Just returned from staying at the Eriva Apartments in Acharavi, Corfu. Ours was a 2 bed apartment with separate kitchen and bathroom. Kitchen is fitted with a hob, kettle, sandwich toaster and fridge. Aircon is extra (4 euros per day but well worth it) and safety deposit boxes in rooms are 1 euro per day. The resort is quiet and the locals are very friendly/helpful. Couldnt fault the service provided by this family run establishment, tho towels were changed only once during the week, but rooms cleaned daily. There is a lovely clean pool and pool bar run by Andreas. He also offers very reasonably priced snacks and meals of good quality. Evening entertainment available at the pool bar - goes down well with a few of Andreas' cocktails!Lots of good tavernas to choose from if you fancy eating out. We tried quite a few but kept returning to Apagios - does excellent Moussaka. We booked with Thomas Cook and as usual they tried to interest us in trips out tho they didnt give us the hard sell. This was probably because they were ridiculously overpriced. We wandered into town and booked exactly the same boat trips & BBQs for half the price eg for 4 people boat & BBQ was 72 euros compared to 130 euros with TC - its a no-brainer! Beach is just down a private road - very shingly but peters out to soft sand. The sea is gorgeous and very shallow - excellent for little ones. Would stay again without hesitation."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of August 2010

2010 Summer

"Visited Eriva appartments in July 2010, for 2 weeks , had a really relaxing holiday , appartments were clean although could have done with the towels changing more . the family that run these appartments are very friendly and helpful , and Andreas and Natalie that run the bar are good fun and not too pushy .the bar food is good and there is always plenty of room around the pool .Would visit Eriva again ."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of July 2010

Alright for couples wanting a relaxing break.

"The people at the Eriva were very hospitable. can't say a bad thing about them. Eriva is about two mins form the beach and about the same from the main street.

Acharavi as a resort doesn't offer much, no entertainment on a night time, food was generally bad although there were a few exceptions such as the pump house.

Thomas cook were rubbish, have traveled with them 3 times now and have got progressively worse. We booked a 1 bed apartment as we have a 16yr old son and ended up with a studio with the beds in one room. The Eriva though offered us another room which they called a one bed but was open plan marginally better.

If you want to go somewhere, be in bed by 9.30pm and do nothing this is the place for you."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Best holiday I have ever had!!

"I have been travelling to Corfu for about 10 years now and for the last 8 I have stayed in the Eriva appts. I wouldnt go anywhere else. The hotel is comfortable and extremely clean. The pool is gorgeous and the location is perfect!! It is 2 mins to the main street on one side and about 1 min to the beach on the other. The town of Acharavi is fabulous!! Not very livley but lovely and relaxing and the are loadz of fab bars and resturants. The Orpehus is fantastic!! Food gorgeous and the owners are fantastic. Jenny, Lakis, Joanna, Paul, Helen and baby Zak are our very good friend and are fab!. Acharavi Park is also very nice.

Back to the hotel. Is is a very pretty hotel, pool is a good size and there is never a fight for a sunbed!! There is a pool table here too. Bar is reasonably priced and they do a good range snacks, all homemade!! The pizzas are delicious!! The rooms are basic but comfortable and are clean. And finally the staff...where to start. The staff are some of the friendliest people I have ever had the luck to meet. They are helpful and will do anything for you. They make time to sit and talk to you and make you feel right at home. Angelica, Spiros, Georgina, Hector, Tula, Dennis, Alex and William ( and for the first few years Sophia, Illias and Kleddis) are just fantastic and have all become great friends and love to see them!!

I will go back to Acharavi and the Eriva year after year and I will never get sick. The resort and the hotel are fantastic and I do not have a bad word to say about any of it.

I love my holidays here and cannot wait to go back!!

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Weather Nice. Apartment ?

"Corfu weather gorgeous. The apartment at eriva was dusty and some of the bedding stained.
we arrived at 6am so slept for a couple of hours first. there was a plug socket hanging out of the wall. the lightbulb did not work in the kitchen and neither did the light over the hob work either, as there was not a window in the kitchen (the 3 apartments next door had an extra window) i had to open the door to see to use cooking facillities. These where a laugh the hob would not switch off properly either? My husband complained three times over the next few days, especially about the Safety aspect.The owners tried to fix the hob but the fix only lasted a day. It was on the thursday 3 days later after getting the rep involved that the owners offered to fix the problems. The offending items were sorted and the owners offered us a Better Apartment for an Extra 50 Euros per Week! Very hospitable of them.
Corfu is Very expensive for food when self catering too Beware.
The Pool Bar is expensive too 1 euro 50cent for crisps, choc (2/3rds more than uk prices)
There is a FISCAL rule on the hotel door in the apartment stating that you can not take your own food and drinks to the pool.
The WEATHER Was Great. The people you meet are Nice too. A family pool - Great for kids - our Son loved the pool.
The travel Agent did not tell us that is was out of season so the water park did not open until the day before we came home! "

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Very friendly

"We have just arrived back from the apartments and were very impressed with the whole layout all the staff very friendly and helpful especially the staff at the poolside bar.

We would agree the bins should have been emptied daily it did not spoil our weeks holiday.

The pool area very nice and did not need to "book" a bed although the water was very cold.

We went to a few restaurants in the town and did not have a bad meal. Go to Faros at night time and watch the sunset with a glass of wine perfect! Had a walk to Roda took at least 25 mins but worth it for the restaurants and bars very nice."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009

LOVED IT

"Me and my sister and Mum all went to Eriva apts a few years sgo and haave mostly ben to Greece since I absolutley loved it the satff was GREAT and couldn't do enough to help us and when we arrived a very friendly welcome greeted to us overall view GREAT please consider going there.

Beach nearby on if you're on you're way to the beach in the evening look out for teh Fire Flys there AMAZING when you get to the Beach if you turn to you're left there is lots of shops there all LOVELY espeacialy Gong its great owner so friendly.

If you're at the beach and you turn right and carry on walking you will see Alex's Tavern and owner so sweet shes lovley and because me and my Family are vegetarians there was a wide variaty of foods for me to choose from realy great reastruant.

Please consider going it was one ofmy best holidays I couldnt beleive i t when I found out it wasn't a 5 star hotel overall rating 10/10"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of April 2009

Hotels near Eriva

Stayed at Eriva? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Eriva

• L Robinson by L Robinson

"Very quiet resort but the locals very friendly "

• L Robinson by L Robinson

"Libertys and The Navigator "

• perfect Zanti by perfect Zanti

"Enjoy staying with the Eriva family "

• leahc429 by leahc429

"Orpehus resturant, roda watersport and skondros resturant on the beach "

• bramble by bramble

"Excellent for families "

• hagan1 by hagan1

"very nice and relaxing "

• hagan1 by hagan1

"all restuarants in achavari offer good value. its worth going into corfu town and Albania "

• caroline.ridley by caroline.ridley

"Try the local Greek food its lovely. "

• caroline.ridley by caroline.ridley

"Corfu Cruise To Corfu Town & The Aquapark - Both A Great Day Out "

• moo  123 by moo 123

"Great lovley atmosphere everyone is so helpful there. "

• nico by nico

"good location , very relaxing "

Eriva is also called