This hotel is now closed.

Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL

Hotels near Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL

Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL

Cheap & cheerful

Reviewed 25th July 2013

"Travelled with my husband & daughters (aged 9/14) to this hotel & thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Hotel Manager Giorgos; who has a very hands on approach & can be regularly found mingling with the guests. Special thanks to Theo (main bar), Kitti (pool bar), Katia & Dimitra (reception) who contributed wonderfully to our holiday experience. No holiday is complete without entertainment, and Super Mikki, Diana, Alex & Violetta deserve a special mention. The activity programme is full, well thought out & enthusiastically delivered to all ages. If travelling with young children under 12yrs, kids co-ordinator Dominika is a god send; with her caring attitude & natural ability to connect with young children she is an instant hit with the smaller guests. I know there have been many negative reviews for this hotel but for anyone on a budget this is the place, it does exactly what it says on the tin.... cheap & cheerful. "

• Travel date: 18th July 2013

A Bit of a Let Down.

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Bad points first. I travelled to this hotel with my husband and 7 year old son. It sounded ideal as it was outside the main resort but within what I thought was walking distance. Although the town of Acharavi is only supposed to be just over a mile away, to walk it along the narrow lanes to the main road and then to walk along the main road itself, uphill with no footpaths, was hard work in the heat and quite dangerous. The walk along the beach was equally as hard and I am a pretty good power walker. We never attempted the walk at night time as we felt it would be even more hazardous. We therefore found it too remote. The hotel had a small mini market but the prices were pretty inflated. For example, 6 bottles of water at the hotel cost 5 euros 40 cents. In town 1 euro 60 cents. But you would have to get a taxi back to the hotel as there is no way you could have carried it back walking. The hotel did not offer an exchange of currency service so again you had to trek into town. Previous reviews did not mention anything about the 'mozzies'. They were everywhere. I have been to many a greek island and have never encountered as many mosquitos in my life. On our arrival night, being totally unaware, we were bitten to death. Make sure you take your repellent , you will need it. When I researched the hotel before booking, the descriptions gave an abundant list of the all inclusive features, this included 5 all inclusive adult cocktails and two childrens, no cocktails are included and the hotel were flogging them at 6 euros a time. Arguments between some guests and the barman broke out on many a night as people would request a cocktail, they would use the cheap all inclusive spirits but still charge 6 euros. 1 chap ordered a black russian which is vodka, coke and tia maria. The vodka and coke could have been obtained free, so he just needed the tia maria which on the bar list was 2 euros, he was still charged 6 euros. I asked for lager and lime and was asked to pay for the splash of lime. I asked for a gin and tonic instead and was told they don't do tonic! Begrudging to pay any more than the £1300 I had already paid to stay there, I bought a bottle of lime for 2 euros from the super market in town. Don't get me wrong, i am not a big drinker, the odd gin and tonic but even to me the drinks offered were of very poor quality. A couple of the bar staff informed me that in previous years cocktails and all were included and nothing was chargable but the current management had changed everything this season. The food I felt was dire. Again, whilst in greece and all that but I have stayed in greece on an all inclusive basis loads of time and have always found something. My 7 year old really did struggle to find something he would eat. The choice was small and week two menu was identical to week one. The maitre d only seemed interested in floging the greek coffee at 2 euros 50 or the freshly squeezed orange juice at 2 euros a time. I constantly had to ask for condiments like ketchup and mayo bottles to be refilled. The coffee machine would also regularly spew out dirty coloured water due to the coffee powder not being refilled inside the machine. The hotel has been a solely german resort for the past three years and is obviously a favourite with them, although i couldn't see why!!. We were totally out numbered and the hotel seemed far more geered for them than us brits. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to holiday with british lager louts but did feel like a second rate guest. Now for the good points. The staff (not management) were lovely, in particular the 4 students from Chicago who were there on work experience. Rachel and Go especially. and Theo, the barman. They made our stay a pleasant one dispite all the above bad points. The rooms are basic, but comfortable and the maids did a good job when they came in to clean. The air con is noisy though, as pointed out in a previous review. The pool bar and pool area were brilliant and the help yourself to ice cream and cold drinks was also good. However, due to many irresponsible parents letting their very young children get their own icecream, they constantly left open the freezer door and in the 35 degree heat, this would regularly be a tub of slop when you came to get one for yourself. I did suggest they put a clear sign on the freezer to remind people to close it after use. Finally, the views from the hotel at sunset are superb and you could not have asked for a lovely setting whilst eating your evening meal. It would have been even better though, had you been eating decent food!!! A visit to the local water park is a must, it was a great day out. Would I return, NO. Would I recommend this hotel, sorry but no I would not."

• Travel date: 4th August 2009

Great Holiday

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Arrived at hotel when just opened. Had a great time. Food excellent, hotel rooms were good and clean, however bathroom toilet kept blocking. Pool and nearby beach brilliant. Staff helpful and friendly. The hotel is isolated therefore would recommend hire of car. All in all a fantastic holiday which both my husband and I and my teenage children enjoyed."

• Travel date: 27th July 2009

So bad we got our money back........

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Dreadful place. Totally mis-sold to us. Awful food I wouldn't feed my dog in the single "restaurant" (school canteen) - not one of the three advertised! Crap rooms with air con that clanged so loud we had to turn it off in order to sleep, no double beds as advertised on site, hot water limited to three times a day (be up by 8am if you want a warm shower in the morning!) Satellite TV (advertised on site) all German, which wasn't much use to me! Roof bar doesn't ever open, tho it's ready to go - pitch black at night, they don;t even light it. Funniest bit was they advertise a 'Jacuzzi' - well, we couldn't find it do we asked at reception only to be told that 'It's in your bath' - seriously, they advertise a Jacuzzi and what they give you is a (non functioning!) Jacuzzi bath nearly big enough for me to get into! One sauna, not two, no massage service available. I could go on but I've spent enough time on this ****hole. Ultimately, we sued the travel company and they settled before it went to court. Avoid this place!"

• Travel date: 26th July 2009

More than you would expect

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"On the journey to the hotel, we were concerned about accomadation as the other hotels we dropped off at were questionable but we were pleasantly suprised with our hotel. ROOM Rooms were clean and visited every other day by maids, Bath jets were unclean on first day but once we ran them for a while, they were fine and enjoyable. Clean towels and toilet paper consantly. Beds comfrtable. Beautiful views from patio. Only downfall was that the only English TV we could get was Sky News. Not a huge problem as you don't go on holiday to sit in and watch TV. Pool clean and large. Snacks were just sandwiches and greek pastries but enough to get by between meal times. Food was delicious, fresh and widely varied each day with chips and pasta every day for the fussier eaters and greek dishes for those willing to try. The nearest town is less than 5 minutes away by taxi costing 6 Euros. With the great seclusion of the hotel, you can make this holiday as relaxing or as energetic as you like with scuba diving and snorkelling lessons in the town at good prices. lovely walks along the beaches. Trips run through the hotel into Corfu town, Water parks, Glass bottom boats. We'd definitely go back!"

• Travel date: 6th July 2009

Chill out and enjoy the greek hospitality

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"We took our first ever all inclusive holiday here and loved every minute. It's as active or relaxing as you want to make it -with sports facilities on site and the beach on your doorstep. We hired bikes, went scuba diving , swam daily and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food available. The rooms were clean and pleasant, the staff very considerate and helpful. The drinks on tap made a big difference to our budget and we actually drank less than we would have at home - no stress levels from work or family! We wil definitely return."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2009

save your money & go else where!

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"When we arrived it looked very nice and the staff were good to, the first week we stayed was nice and then it went down hill from then on. during the our first week cocktails were all inclusive and on our second week we had to pay 6 euros for cheap spirits and orange,pinapple or lemon flavoured squash in little plastic cups,they didnt even give you straws because they ran out. On more than one occasion we had what we thought were boiled eggs but were actually raw at breakfast, they didnt cater for the english in any way at all! there were never any fresh all day snacks they were cheap party sausage rolls which sat in the sun all day on a plate at the bar oh and some bread left over from breakfast occasionally but no butter. IN THE ROOMS Our tap leaked and flooded the bathroom daily, there were exposed live electrical cables hanging from the light fitting on the barthroom cabnet. We ran out of toilet paper because the maids were not coming on a regular basis (I had to take some toilet paper from the main hotel toilet twice) the weather was fantastic though and i recomend theos boat trip ."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2009

fair accomadation avarage food. nice pool

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I stayed at the Almyros natura hotel in june,the food was ok but not exceptional more or less the same every day. the walk into Acharavi was a challenge but worth it.we found a fantastic restaurant Liberty. not to be confused with the tavarner on the beach near the hotel. the beach is on the doorstep as are a few good local taverners, so if you want to escape the boring food it's easy.nice pool plenty of sun loungers and the staff are friendly, the rooms are basic but clean,but dont expect any where comfy to sit,the chairs on the balcany are hard. I might go back with my grand children as i thought i was great for kids"

• Travel date: 21st June 2009

Loved it, cant wait to go back

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We stayed here from the 25th may for 2 weeks, it is a little out of the way just a few tavernas round it and about a 40 min walk into achravi. We picked a car up from the airport so was not a problem for us. The hotel is right on the beach (not a very sandy beach) but lovely all the same. There is a great beach bar which is self service for beer,wine,soft drinks and ice cream and you can hop skip and jump to the beach from here. The pool is big and the childrens pool is great too. The kids club is ok and there seemed to be plenty going on in the pool, (voleyball etc), Mario and Daniel are lovely, work really hard but are not pushy with you to join in, Kids disco everynight, then ok entertainment. The apartments are fab, cleaned everyday,spa bath, i heard some people moaning about the place but we have stopped 4* in corfu before at sidari village and this place is so much nicer. The food was ok, your usual all inc but my kids really struggled with it. (but they are really fussy) they do not cater for children so we had to take them out to eat every night as they were only eating bread and butter and fruit. You can sit outside and have dinner with a sea view, i thought it was great. The grounds are lovely. We went to kassiopi and hired a boat for about 80 euros inc petrol, had the most wonderful day and you will find beaches you can only get too by boat. Our party was 2 adults and the kids are 6,4 and 20 months, i left my teenager at home and am really glad because i know he would of been bored stiff, but we loved it, really chilled out holiday, if you like places with lots of bars and shops this is not the place for you, go to sidari but i cant wait to go back."

• Travel date: 21st June 2009

grate value for money

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"We stayed at this hotel in early June and for the price we paid the accommadation was perfect. The food was always fresh and there was plenty of it, the staff were helpful and always willing to help and the rooms were cleaned everyday. It is abit isolated though and acharavi is about a 30 minute walk away along the beach which we did on a day when the weather was'nt that great and it made a nice change from laying around the pool. We have been on many all-inclusive holidays and this is by far the best place we stayed, would definatly recommend it for a lovely relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: 19th June 2009

Value for Money

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"We stayed at the Almyros Natura Hotel from 29th May to 8th June and we found the hotel to be a great base, all the staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are basic but clean. The hotel is a 30 minute walk to Acharavi were you will find many bars, shops and Taverna's. We did hire a car so didnt spent much time at the hotel during in the day. The food in the resturant is nice, and fresh food was always been put out although not much choice for vegetarians, the resturant was a little under staffed while we were there and had to wait a while for plates, bowls etc. The only niggle i had was that the all inclusive drinks stopped at bang on 11pm but the entertainment went on until 12pm so stock up on drinks prior to 11pm. Over all a very good hotel for the money."

• Travel date: 18th June 2009

Hotels near Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL

Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL is also called

• Almyros Natura Hotel
  • almyros natura
  • hotel almyros natura korfu