Valtos Beach & Gogozotos Residence

What a beautiful place, the hotel is set...

Reviewed Fri 30th of April 2004

"What a beautiful place, the hotel is set on the beach, all rooms overlook the sea. rooms are excellent with all facilities a very elegant hotel. It is family owned so they go out of their way to make everything perfect even give you gift of ouzo when you leave, spotlessly clean, its only a small hotel(20 rooms)but they are all on different levels amid the olive trees, enchanting!

Fantastic pool and Jacuzzi (outdoor)own taverna and bar, all the staff are very friendly.

Parga is about a ten minute walk from Valtos beach, up and over a hill through quaint winding streets, you can also get a water taxi for 1 euro. Parga itself is a picture postcard, wherever you look there’s a photo, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so pretty, so many restaurants and bars to choose from.

I would say its not a place to go if you want discos ,my partner and I are aged 50 and 53, but id say from about 30 upwards, if you want a nice chill out holiday parga is stunning.

We will certainly return to Parga, if only for all that lovely Greek hospitality and the sheer beauty of the place."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004

A lovely, friendly & well placed hotel....

Reviewed Thu 31st of July 2003

"A lovely, friendly & well placed hotel. It is family run & nothing is too much trouble. Hotel has it’s own Taverna where the food is very good and reasonably priced. The pool allows you shade during the afternoon and you can relax in the separate Jacuzzi to ease those aching muscles after a walk into town.

Valtos Beach has something for everyone, particularly couples. I would highly recommend this hotel and resort to anyone wanting an alternative to the tourism on Rhodes or Corfu. We are going back to the same hotel in Aug 2005. Had no complaints with First Choice either - I’d rate them higher than Thomson (who pulled out of Parga several years ago)."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2003