Lichnos Beach Hotel and Suites

Lichnos Beach

parga hotels

Reviewed 9th May 2011

"We booked this hotel for a 2 night stay, as a break from our main time in nearby Parga. It was only a 4 euro boat ride from Parga and it was great just to walk up to our room at the end of both days. The hotel was relatvely quiet with guests (June 2010). Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded...to a suite with large bedroom, separate lounge area and balcony complete with canopy and an amazing view across the entire bay. Perfect. We had pre-booked on this website an evening meal, 20 euros, at the hotel's restaurant overlooking the beach. It was a wonderful setting and the food was excellent and the staff very friendly. It was great just walking to and from the beach which is by far the quietest in the Parga area. "

• Travel date: 4th May 2011

Amazing view !!!!!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"The hotel is surrounded from an incredible sandy beach and magnificent green tree landscape! It is recommended for every age visitor, from young people where will enjoy active vacations with water sports and non stop night-life in Parga, to families and older people where will indulge to luxury relaxed vacations. The hotel has a great restaurant by the sea, that can offer traditional and gourmet cuisine all day. The bar offers snacks and juices all day and during the evening often organizes cocktail nights accompanied by live performances. The rooms are clean and spacious with great view to the Ionian sea, and the staff is very friendly. You feel the family friendly atmosphere and the famous Greek hospitality which the manager and all the team succeeds to provide!"

• Travel date: 19th April 2010

Hidden paradise

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"I was amazes by the hotel and the location!!! The rooms are surrounded by trees and there is instant acess to the wonderful lichnos beach!!There are many facilities (including playground, pool, beach bar) that constitute the hotel suitable for solo or family holidays. The hotel's restaurant sited next to the beach bar offers delicilous meals and amazing view to the beach. The staff was very helpful and kind. In general Lichnos beach hotel is a place that i will surely visit again!!"

• Travel date: 18th April 2010

Just amazing!!!!

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"The reason why I am writting this review is mainly because of the comments I read about Lichnos Beach Hotel. I also went to Parga last summer and I was amazed by the beauty of Parga and especially Lichnos! Lichnos is a great beach with a wonderfull view and the amazing cave of Aphrodite! I was surprised by the hotel staff.They were all very kind and willing to help you at all times and reply to all of your questions. Even though the hotel is old; the rooms were cleaned daily and we had fresh linen and towels everyday as well. For a 3* hotel I had more than what I expected and I don't know what the rest of the people expected to find... What I enjoyed most was the restaurant.At noon it was a typical greek "taverna" but at night it was tranformed to an elegant restaurant with a totally different menu. Also, there were plentty of events organised by the hotel with live music , movies projection at the bar (right next to the beach), beach parties, etc. The Beach bar was also really good. It was right next to the beach which was really convenient for you to go and take an icecream, a coffee or even a drink and return back at no time! It was relaxing....me and my friends enjoyed ourselves to the full!! I am definately going there again and without second thoughts I am staying at Lichnos Beach Hotel!"

• Travel date: 18th April 2010

beach is very clean

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"We stayed at lichnos beach hotel last summer for 10 days. I don’t know what people expect from a three star hotel but in my opinion this was one of the best 3 star hotels i have ever been. For the money you pay, I don’t think there are many better hotels. First of all the serenity and quietness of the place are second to none.By the moment you park your car at the reception area you forget it. Everything you need is in the hotel. There is restaurant and a bar next to the beach working from morning to night.The food quality at the restaurant is exceptional especially during the night when it is more gourmet oriented.food pricing is very reasonable. there is also one more shuttle bar next to the reception area which is very convenient for buying a bottle of water or something before you go to sleep.You can have your breakfast in the main restaurant building either indoors or al fresco at the balcony. the variety of the breakfast is what you expect form a three star hotel. Furthermore,when you want to go to parga there is a shuttle bus from the hotel charging only one euro which is very convenient.Parga is a traffic nightmare at summertime and believe me,you don’t want to drive in parga when you are on holidays. The only drawback of the hotel is that the buildings are showing their age.The rooms are basic but are extremely clean with sheets and towels changing daily.I have been to many 5 star hotels in my life and some of them were not changing sheets and towels in a daily basis.My wife was so amazed with it.The views from our balcony was exceptiona!you can see the gulf of lichnos which is surrounded by lots of olive trees. The beach is very clean and there is also a water sports section at the beach.You have to pay for your sunbed but I found the charge of 6 euros reasonable for the greek standars.I remember paying 8 euros at halkidiki and 15 euros in Mykonos. All in all we had an amazing holiday and we will sure return.I am a hard working man and when i am going on holidays I want to relax.i booked with lichnos beach hotel not expecting much but i finally got more than I bargained for.If you want a nice quiet holiday place then stay at lichnos.If you like something more luxurious then go somewhere else but prepare to pay at least double"

• Travel date: 16th April 2010

Friendly staff...fabulous views...amazing food

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed there for two weeks last July and in general it was the best holidays we had for a long time. Finally, hotel owners that respect their customers and do whatever they can to please them. The views surrounding the hotel are fantastic, the beach is awesome and the mini bus service works just fine running five times a day. But we thought that probaly the best thing was the food at the beach restaurant as it runs as a gourmet restaurant in the evenings. Fantastic food all fresh ingredients amazing taste. Definitely will go again this year."

• Travel date: 14th April 2010

lovely location

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Do not know what people expect. Basic 3star Greek Hotel. Excellent location with views to die for. Large room (basic) with two single beds. Large sitting room and large balcony. TV and free air con. Bathroom basic but plenty of hot water. Linen changed every day. Rooms cleaned every day. Basic breakfast. Mini bus service into Parga (1 euro each way). Three tavernas on the beach. Lovely grounds - orange and lemon tress. Good pool but all one depth (not good if you like to touch the bottom). Polite staff. Do not go here if you want f star luxury. Do go here if you want basic good Greek Hotel with views to die for and peace and quiet. All in all excellent value for money. Easy to get into Parga for laid back tavernas and a bit more night life - but no noisey bars or boozy brits or lager louts. Just nice place for relaxing."

• Travel date: 13th October 2009

Nice location,very poor service and rooms dropping to bits !!!!

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"The location is a little isolated without transport,the complimentary mini bus cost £1.00 each way and runs at stupid times. The hotel is in much need of a face lift and rumours say it is to be knocked down? Drinks were very expensive and the pool bar never opened and was used for the workmen to store the weed killer,paint,lawn mower,ladders etc. the table tennis table was buried under the tables and chairs that should have been set out around the snack bar. Our sink was resting on expanding foam and the door frames were rotten inside the room. outside light fittings were held together with selotape!!! not even electrical tape ! you have to be reasonably fit to make it from the beach to the reception, its very steep and the footpaths are in need of repair. They removed the watersports and closed down the coffee bar near the beach. The scenery is lovely but thats about it. The resteraunt owners made you feel that you should be gone for 10.30 pm. Every morning we had to ask for cold milk and took our own cereal. A great place for weight watchers."

• Travel date: 13th October 2009

very nice place with very bad services...

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"I would say the following, which I believe challenge me and my family as a customer: 1. Breakfast: I find it unacceptable that the hotel serves butter cut loose with a knife in water and ice cubes!! and every customer gets the butter with fork and not in individual portions. 2. Breakfast: Breakfast was very simple for 3 star hotel. Neither fruits exist. Also they serve 1 sliced tomato!!! for the whole breakfast !! Who can eat firstly this slice ..... 2. Charge sunbed on the beach: It happened first time to me, a hotel asks for € 6 / 2 sun beds from tenants on the beach located in front of it and exploits! The hotel has rent to a third party (something that is illegal than I know. Only municipality has that right to do ). Off Course was not pay, although we had a daily nuisance on it. Unfortunately however, some other guests were paying normally. 3. The room in any case not worth 150 euros per night. The age of the hotel, and its benefits do not justify this amount. There isn't any games room or tennis court or, as the hotel advertises at its internet site. 4. Bees: The hotel is smothered in bees! all members of my family stung by bees, except me. Despite their complaints, our hotel staff did not seem to do something except the week of August 15, hung where special containers with liquid, which appears to drive off the bees."

• Travel date: 25th August 2009

A wonderful surprise!

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Fabulous location, assuming you dont want to be in a busy town centre, great little hotel, very clean, typical basic greek style, slightly "Mamma Mia". We normally do 5 star hotels and thought this place a gorgeous little get away from it all retreat. Large clean room with sitting room and huge terrace. Fresh linen daily. Family who owned the hotel could not do enough for us, we thought the service was fantastic. Would thoroughly recommend to couples, hardly any British people staying which was a huge plus. You are not paying 5 star prices so you will, I am sure, be pleasantly surprised. Suggest you do B&B and go into Parga in the evenings, tavernas are suitably greek."

• Travel date: 13th August 2009

Hotel requires a Face Lift and need to think about better customer service

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"Good location and pleasent views. Excellent mini bus service into Parge 5 times daily. Bedrooms clean with fresh linen and towels every day. Beach restaurant clean and good outlook over the sea. The rooms have only one plug in the hallway and none in the bedroom. The shower is small with plastic curtains that don't leave much room for movement. Workmanship around the hotel and rooms is poor. Although the pool and grounds are good. Rumors about the opening times of the pool are confusing. Hotel guidelines in the rooms says "Pool closed between 1400 and 1800 hours". But sign at the pool side says open 0800 till 2000 hours?. People used the pool all days anyway. If booking half board, don't!. You feel like a second class patron as you are not allowed to chose from the resturant menu. You are told by the waiters what choise you have which was very repeatative. House wine was on offer the first week but was then refused the second week as the hotel policy was changed (due to the high season). You could only buy it by the glass. After complaining to the management they agreed to continue serving the house wine but by then relationships where spoiled. No apology was given or complements. Fortunately you could chose whether to have lunch or an evening meal. We chose to have afternoon lunch and eat out at night in Parga. Great taverners. Fortunately the positives outweight the negatives and we had a good holiday with beautiful weather. Parga is a beautiful place and would return again but not to this hotel unless changes are made."

• Travel date: 5th August 2009