View from the water

• snack bar
  • greek amenities
  • sun terrace
  • soundproof rooms
  • free public parking nearby
  • private beach

Good

Great Time, Great People, Great Rates

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I am a frequent traveller. One of my favourite destinations is Tilos. I totally adore the island,especially the fact that its still unspoiled by massive amounts of tourists. To be frank i never expected to find a hotel that would satisfy me in such a small palce like tilos. Dream Island is made exactly the way you dream your ideal Greek vacation! Great colours,(white and blue) traditionally made on the outside, but still quite modern and well-equipped on the inside. Practicly on the beach! Only like a minute from your room to your sunbed! The owners and staff are quite modern and truelly polite. I've noticed over the years that all the owners of "older" hotels are becoming more and more money-grubbing, that becomes very annoying,so exceptions like dream island are needed. Highly recomended from me too! For first timers I'll state some of the quite interesting festivals of Tilos i think that its very usefull to know! 1. St. George Day is celebrated on a different date each year. Small festivals and feasts are held in small churches all around the island. 2. St. Irene Day is celebrated on the 5th of May each year. A festival with traditional food and dancing is held at the church that is located in Eristos valley near Megalo Horio. 3. St. Panteleimon Day is celebrated on the 27th of July each year. It takes place at the Monastery of St. Panteleimon. St. Panteleimon is the Patron Saint of Tilos and this is by far the biggest and most celebrated festival for all Tilians, with traditional food, local music and dancing that begins on July 26 and lasts two days. 4. The Dance of the Grail is celebrated every year, one day after the celebration of St. Panteleimon, which means on the 28th of July in the Plaza of Archangel Michael in Megalo Horio. 5. On the eve of the 15th of August, all the roads lead to the village of Mikro Horio, where the festival of Virgin Mary Theotokissa is held. 6. Virgin Mary Nine Days is celebrated on the 23rd of August each year with festivals at the churches of Livadia and Saint Antonios. 7. Holy Belt Day is celebrated on the 31st of August each year at the church of Mikro Horio. The festival that is held in this abandoned village is an opportunity for the sons and daughters of Mikro Horio to return and celebrate life in the birthplace of their ancestors. 8. St. John Day is celebrated on the 2nd of September every year with a festival that is held at a small church near Livadia. 9. Christmas, New Year's Day, Epiphany, Easter and Virgin Mary's Day (on the 15th of August every year) are celebrated with communal feasts, traditional island music and dancing. If i could say one negative about the island of Tilos that would be its lack of traditional greek taverns. Almost all Restaurants on Tilos are open in summer only and are catering mainly for tourists. Some of them even serve tinned food, and there is not much real greece left here... There are a few exceptions if you look hard enough."

• Travel date: 31st January 2011

I had to travel world twice over, to be in 70 countries but finally i came across paradise!!!

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"Arguably the best accommodation in Livadia, with an unbeatable quality/price ratio. Only 5 meters from the beach! The hotel has sunbeds there. The prices include transport to and from the port, breakfast, airconditioning, safetybox, wifi in lobby and sunbeds on the beach! The hosts are doing everything to make us feeling well. The hotel is clean and tidy. The kitchen in our room was great and brand new, the bathroom tiled and shiny! This is probably the cleanest hotel, of any star, that we have encountered in the whole world, let alone in Greece. I have seen and tried all the other places in Livadia and none came even close to this. We'll definitely go back there very soon. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: 22nd January 2011

The best anniversary ever

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"We went for 2 weeks, for our 20th wedding anniversary . What a fantastic hotel. The designers were so talented! It was jaw dropping when we got there!!! The rooms were clean and spacious, the people of the hotel very friendly. We totally recommend it."

• Travel date: 14th January 2011

If you are thinking of staying at Dream Island Hotel think no more... just BOOK it!

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Everyone at Dream island Hotel extend a great, warm, welcome to their guests. No one is pressured into joining in, people do because they want to, and are happy to do so! That's why so many guests come back year after year. The first year I went to dream island Hotel was 2008, with my wife and 3 daughters. After many great relaxing holidays at Dream Island Hotel I can hand on heart recommend it to all travellers. Whether young,or old, single, families or whatever you are all welcomed and made to feel part of the family. If you want a really typically Greek, homely, friendly hotel, where everyone is made to feel welcome... book the Dream Island. All the people there will give you a holiday you won't forget. See you next year guys!!!"

• Travel date: 1st January 2011

Our Extended family in Tilos at the Dream Island Hotel

Reviewed 4th April 2013

"The room was very clean and very spacious, 2 bedrooms, 1 with a double bed, large balcony and bath and shower along with all the other self catering amenities you would expect to find. The room was cleaned daily without fail. There is also a beach less than 1 min walk. Only 5 meters from the hotels entrance. We had a fantastic holiday, perfect place, location and family. I could talk about the apartments and the facilities but its the family that really make the place. They made us feel welcome and special and that nothing was too much trouble. We will definetely be returning to the Dream Island Hotel!"

• Travel date: 26th October 2010

One more year of great relaxation!

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"Love the Dream Island! Great people, great place and we will book direct next year for sure. Friendly family run hotel with just the right mix of relaxation and fun. They are very welcoming and make you feel part of their extended family! Akis also deserves a mention for all he did for us during the unofficial strike!"

• Travel date: 22nd October 2010

Great accomodation

Good
Reviewed 7th April 2013

"Just returned from 2 weeks at Dream Island - wonderful time! Accomodation right on the beach. We had studio No 6 which faced the sea (see pics). Very clean and had everything you could want including air conditioning. Owners and staff very pleasant, nothing too much trouble. Five to ten minutes walk from main square, bakery, taverna, bar, post office, harbour etc. Beach beds 5 euro for 2 beds + parasol. Snacks available."

• Travel date: 5th October 2010

peace and relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"We were staying for 2 nights at this hotel. Maybe the name 'hotel' could work confusing since it's more the self-catering studio kind of place. We had room number 9. The room was large, had flatscreen TV and free airco. Kitchen facilities were good (although we didn't cook while our stay, if we would have needed them it would be more than sufficient) Bathroom was small, but very clean and recent. Now our terrace was just ammazing! We had a vieuw up a mountain and we could hear the sea playing with the pebbles on the beach! (and if you looked around the corner you could see the sea too, but we didn't ask for sea-vieuw so that's normal) Beach was just on the other side of the traffic-free paralia. Chairs and umbrella's are plenty and free for guests of the hotel. The owner is very helpfull and comes to pick you up on ferry-arrival. We had some great tips on restaurants, walks. His mom was around too, cleaning early in the morning and always helpfull and interested in your adventures on the island. Very helpfull and generous people, they would do anything to keep you happy. If I have one remark it would be that reception is not always open, but that's not a problem because there's always someone around helping you out. I could not add anything more that would make it a better place in it's own category. I have to add some facts in reaction to a previous revieuw We booked our room at 60euro/night and found it underrated. We had our chats with the family, and apparently 2010 wasn't that great for them. They had lots of cancellations due to the Greek economical crisis, keeping tourists away. Some people even canceled because they were affraid they would get stuck because of striking actions. I'm not surprised they had to raise prices, if there's less people visiting and you still have the same expence you would have to get the money somewhere. If they double the price it's their full right, you can't call that a scam! You could only feel ripped off when they don't tell you and than charge you extra. If I ever go back to Tilos, I would certainly stay again in this hotel."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2010

Beware, these crooks will DOUBLE the prices for next year!

Reviewed 3rd April 2013

"Based on the excellent reviews on here, we decided to book a one room apartment, either for September this year, or for next year. We called them and were informed that it would cost 60 EUR per night for this year. When I asked about next year, they just said "ah, for next year the prices will be different". When I asked how much they said "120 euros a night". I was in total shock! This is the type of fraudulent businesses that gives Greece a bad reputation and it is our responsibility as tourists to boycott them."

• Travel date: 17th September 2010

An excellent surprise in the small island of Tilos

Reviewed 6th April 2013

"The hotel is ideally located right on the central beach of Tilos, just ten meters from the beach. You get out of the room and right into the sea! Very clean, large rooms, I definately suggest it!"

• Travel date: 7th September 2010

Dream Island Hotel-best so far in Greece- a true dream in a perfect location

Reviewed 8th April 2013

"I´ve travelled a lot for many years to different islands in Greece and stayed in many kinds of hotels, but Dream Island Hotel in Tilos is really something special. The location is perfect with such a nice view, just a few steps from the best part of the clean Livadia beach with crystal clear waters. This small hotel with nice fully equipped one or two-room studios has certainly got a very special atmosphere. The owners are very sweet people, serviceminded and they really care about the guests. The hotel is well maintained, modern yet cozy and very clean. Beautiful flowers and decorations from the sea and nature. The Dream Island Hotel is really a dream come true. Tilos is fantastic if you like a quiet, beautiful and friendly place to go to."

• Travel date: 9th June 2010

***JUCK-POT***

Reviewed 9th April 2013

"Me and my wife stayed 10 days in Dream Island hotel for two years in a row (Summer of 2008 and 2009) and we are intending to visit it also this summer... I believe we have hit the jack-pot, because it is most difficult to find such a nice, well equipped and clean hotel, placed in a really beautiful and quite location, managed by so friendly and open minded hosts. We are traveling more than 20 years all over Greek islands and I must say that if you are looking for relaxing and comfortable vacation, Tilos is the island and Dream Island is the hotel you are looking for. Thanks guys for the wonderful vacations, we felt like home. Hope you continue this way…"

• Travel date: 21st January 2010

Hotels near Dream Island

Dream Island is also called

• dream island tilos
  • dream island hotel tilos