my wifes memorable birthday

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2011

"having just returned from the panorama hotel with our good friends stan and sue. we can only heap praise on the hotel and staff,with a special mention for Julia on reception who helped to make our holiday special,Stavros who mixed some mean cocktails,and Mimoza who did such a lovely job of decorating our apartment on penny's birthday. Every member of staff at the hotel made you fell Welcome. Thanks again Dave & Penny May 7th to 14th 2001."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of May 2011

Panorama Hotel, yeah holiday time!!!

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2012

"I booked the holiday 2 weeks early. The price was really good so I did have doubts bout if the hotel was going to be good. I normally book hotels with a star rating of 3 or over but seeing as the Panorama hotel was only 2 stars, I knew i would be taking a risk (but that risk just had to be taken...desperate measures, I just needed a holiday, and fast). So I booked it. And wow, was I kidding myself. The hotel was absolutely BRILLIANT. Ok, maybe the best beach, Faliraki, wasn't that close (but there is a lot of transport available in such low prices), and the hotel is located a bit far from the tourist attractions, but it was still really good and it definitely deserves a 3 star rating. The staff are the best. They are very friendly and they organise lots activies such as karaoke and bingo night. This holiday was one of the most memorable ones.
The only down points were that as I booked for self catering they did lack kitchen equipment and the toilet was low quality. Plus the holiday rep was no help at all, but that isn't the hotel's fault anyway.
There are so many attractions and they don't cost that much such as the water park, old town and the beaches. And there is a cute little cake shop near the hotel which has good priced cakes. I recommend the strawberry cheesecake... oh i really enjoyed that holiday all I can say is IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

Hotel Good, Rep Bad

Reviewed Fri 20th of August 2010

"We booked two weeks with olympic holidays to this hotel. On arrival we weren't greeted properly and disappointed with our room but the next day (we arrived 5am) we spoke to our rep and within the same day the owner had changed us to a much better room simply because the first room looked damp and dirty. There were no questions asked and no fuss.

We went self catered and was disappointed at the lack of utensils, no oven and no toaster. We really couldn't cook a decent meal. However, we found with the heat that we wasn't eating as much as we thought. Still, the food we did buy at the restaurant was cheap and extremely delicious. We don't have one bad thing to say about the food. 'Perfection!' as the chef would say!

The rooms were nice and clean with fresh towels and bedding everyday. A few problems with the shower overflowing but nothing to ruin the holiday. The cleaners were also very friendly.

The staff at this hotel were very friendly with the occasional unfriendly attitude from particular members of staff but the majority of the staff were so welcoming and by the end of the two weeks were on very good terms with them. The staff attitude is very informal, so much so that you felt as though you could sit an have a regular chat with the 'locals'. Fanstastic!

There wasn't much to do at the hotel. Karoke sunday nights and bingo wednesday and friday nights but not much else really which was disappointing. Karoke was a lot of fun when people started to loosen up, and bingo was also fun and entertaining.

The town is around 20-30 minutes walk away which is lovely if you don't mind walking. The only problem was the heat especially if you're not used to it., so we called taxis and would pay abour 5-6 euros to get into town, which is a very reasonable price considering the hotels location. There is a local super market by the end of the street if you need any milk/bread etc and a few bakeries around with delicious food.

Rhodes town itself has a lot to offer. The old town is so historical with lots of shops and things to see and do. The new town is a little less impressive, shops just like the ones you'd find on the high street back in the UK. We'd definatly come back to Rhodes simply because once you knew where things were, it was extremely enjoyable.

The pool was kept clean by the maintenance man. Although the pool is quite small considering the number of guests, by the second day we were chattin to the majority of guests and sitting in the pool to chill and socialise. The sunbeds were free although you have to grab them early as alot of people sunbathe on them!

The weather was so hot! Between roughly 45-50 degrees all holiday, hence booking taxis instead of walking to the town.

The only problem with our holiday we has was our rep. She was extremely mis-leading and forgetful so we missed trips out etc which was the only real downfall for the holiday.

I'd definatly return to this hotel but i wouldn't reccomend going with olympic holidays. Next time, we'll do it privately. This hotel is ideal for those looking for a bit of time out, especially if you enjoy history and boat trips out and walking around as there's a lot of walking involved. This hotel really isn't ideal for young groups looking for night life and a lot of entertainment.

Thank you Panorama for a wonderful time, you'll be seeing us in the near future!!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

fantastic !!!!!

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"this hotel was the most welcoming family run hotel i have ever been too.the food was great and portion size was huge.rooms were kept spotless and clean towels daily.we spent 8 days there and had no complaints at all.they where great with the kids and all spoke very good english.i would also like to make it obvious that this is the hotel in rhodes town not any of the other towns which have had very bad reviews.i will be revisiting again next year as had such a wounderful holiday in greece.

mr wilkes"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

Good holiday, june 2010

Reviewed Fri 2nd of July 2010

"My wife and i just came back from a week at the Panorama in Rhodes town. We went self catering,room, balcony, fridge/hob, kettle etc. the fascilities were basic, but reasonable and adequate. The rooms were cleaned regularly and to a good std. The pool is small but it doesnt have to cater for loads of guests. he drinks at the bar were not expensive and the food at the resturant was very tasty with a wide choise, good value for money. The hotel is small and quiet and set in a quiet residential area of the town. We found walking to the New Town centre and Old Town very pleasant and easy to find our way. A bus passes the hotel in next street regularly for those not wanting a 20 min walk and to avoid any walking in mid afternoon as its uphill on the way back and very hot.
The service and assistance from the owner and his staff was excellent. Very friendly also, as you would expect from a smaller hotel. We found being in the town very usefull as we walked everywhere without any need for excursions or the expence of Taxis. The local busses from the Town go everywhere. The nearest beach was to the west of the town but we walked there to, again 20 mins. Prob 5mins in a taxi.
We liked it and would visit again."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of July 2010

Bliss

Reviewed Mon 17th of August 2009

"We stayed at the Panorama Hotel for two weeks beginning on 26th July 2009. After reading some reports before we left, and as we had booked this as a last minute holiday we were a bit dubious but I am pleased to say that we had a fantastic holiday.

Our room was in the older part of the hotel, but was more than adequate, with a seperate kitchen/dining area, bathroom and bedroom. Compared to other accomodation we have stayed in in Greece I would say that this was the best. The room was cleaned everyday during our two week stay, other than sundays and the bedding changed regularly and the towels replaced regularly.

The area surrounding the hotel is not a tourist area, but a greek village. We did not find this problematic as there was a supermarket within a few minutes walk and Rhodes town was only a few minutes away in a taxi (the old town in beautiful and well worth seeing).

I never cook on holiday and so we ate at the hotels resturaunt every day. Breakfast was fab, 4 euros for a continental self service breakfast and 6 euros for a full english plus continental. Both of these included drinks. Evening meals were absolutely superb - the menu was extensive (and very reasonably priced) and the staff and owners were so helpful, even to the point that one night we asked for a dessert that they didn't have and so the owner sent his son out to fetch one for us (we felt so guilty, but fabulous service). It was our wedding anniversary while we were away and the family running the hotel really made a fuss of us, putting flowers on the table and they also gave us a bottle of wine.

The pool area was lovely, always a sunbed available, and despite going in peak season there was plently of room for everyone. The hotel does charge 1 euro a day for sunbeds, this was not a problem for us as the facilities are kept to a high standard, although most people did not pay and the hotel didn't seem to enforce the charge.

We found all of the staff, and the owners, very helpful. We paid extra for air-conditioning as it was so hot but again found this worth it.

Overall we had a really lovely holiday, evening entertainment was provided most nights - mainly karaoke, quizzes etc. The only draw back was that the beach was not on the doorstep but it didnot really affect our holiday.

We have travelled to spain, different greek resorts, america and the maldives amongst other places and I can honestly say the we have never felt so welcome as we did in this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of August 2009

Good for the price

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I booked this hotel through unpackaged.com and would recommend them. The hotel is in Arapaki which is a Greek residential area, there isn't a lot to do in this area so it's either a 30 minute walk into Rhodes town centre or a 4 euro taxi ride. The hotel is mainly made up of fairly new apartments and studios and an older block of studios attached, as a single traveller I got the usual older studios so can only comment on these. The studios are quite spacious with balconies but very dated with plug sockets falling off the walls and some dodgy looking wiring, the shower does not have a curtain (usual for Greece) so ends up like an indoor swimming pool and can be very slippy if you forget.
The hotel has a very nice bar inside and also a pool bar and although I never ate there the food looked very good, bear in mind when booking the Panorama that aircon is extra and works out at around 10 Euros a day, and you need 20 Euros deposit to use the television in the room, they even charge 1 euro a day for using the sunloungers.
In summary I found the Panorama to be quite basic but good value for money but on future visits I would choose somewhere nearer to Rhodes town centre."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

I went to panorama hotel in greece , rho...

Reviewed Fri 5th of September 2008

"I went to panorama hotel in greece , rhodes.
I went for 2 weeks and as i was there i had some problems .

1st - Everything was to be paid for includeing sunbeds , fans , tv remote.
2nd - We had asked for a 3 bedroomes apartment and was given a 1 bedroomed with another room that had the liveing area kitchen area and 2 beds whitch was very cramped. This was really annoying as we had booked 3 separete sleeping rooms

Although we had those problems the hotel all together was a nice place to stay with very friendly staff and lovely hotel food.

The pool was not amazing but it was fine for a quick swim every day.
The hotel was located in a housing esate with not many tourists around the area , There was not much to do around the area witch meant either a 30 minuit walk into town or 5 euro for a taxi witch was quiet difficult to get from the hotel although they sey they wil get them for you if you pay them 40 cent to ring.

The hotel bar was great with friendly english speaking staff, kareoki nights was very entertaining.

The holiday altogther was fine but also we had sm problems i would not recommend big familys or younge adults looking for night life to come here."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

I've just returned from a weeks self cat...

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"I've just returned from a weeks self catering holiday with friends.

Rhodes is a beautiful island and there is something for everyone - deserted and busy beaches, historical buildings and plenty to do in the evening, if you want it. This was my first time in Rhodes and I would definitely go back but would stay nearer the town and definitely not in this hotel. However, for the money we paid for a week at the end of July/beg Aug (£325 each) we probably got what we paid for.

On arriving at the Panorama we were given no information about the hotel facilities or surrounding area. Our rooms were basic but clean and adequate, although we didn't use the oven or self catering facilities so I can't comment on them. Our rooms were at the back of the hotel and overlooked a building site. There were air con units in the bedrooms which we could really have done with but we didn't ask about as we didn't want to pay the extra money.

We found some of the hotel staff to be a little stand offish, particulary the guy on the bar who was almost unfriendly (after he'd got us to book on the hotel's greek night - more about that later). However, they did seem to be much more friendly with the families who were staying there.

The restaurant is outdoors and next to the pool - it looks very pretty when lit up at night. The breakfast they served was nice and plentiful. The greek man who managed the restaurant was the most friendly of the hotel staff. We had one evening meal which we didn't think was as nice as any of the other restaurants we'd eaten in on Rhodes - my avocado was rock hard and the grilled cheese wasn't melted. I'd recommend trying the restaurants in the old town - a little more pricey but a fantastic atmostphere. If you do book the Greek night beware that the 'all alcohol included' only covers a 2 hour period which, for us, was not good value for money as we only had 2 glasses of greek wine each. We mentioned this and were promised that 'something would be sorted out' for us, but that didn't materialise.

The pool area was clean and there were toilet facilities and a lockable shower down some stairs from the pool, as well as an outside cold shower. I noticed that there was a child's pool and play area too. We were suprised to have to pay 1 euro for the sunbeds on the one day that we did stay around the pool.

There are comfortable inside and outside seating areas and a pay as you go internet facility.

There is a karaoke night on a Weds and Sunday which is very entertaining. A lot of the guests seemed to be Dutch so it felt a bit like Eurovision! Most evenings we went down into the town which is either a 25 min walk away, or a 5-7 euro taxi ride. In the daytime we used the buses for a very reasonable 1 euro each way.

Our airport pick up time was 1am Thurs morning and the Olympic rep didn't mention the fact that we had to check out of our room at 12 midday, although we did figure this out ourselves. We asked reception at the beginning of the week and were told to ask a few days before leaving. We did this and were asked to check the morning before, at which stage we were told that we'd have to ask the following day - the day of our departure. As we were going on a boat trip we had to be up and out early so couldn't ask. In the end we packed and left our cases in the corridor (as instructed by the hotel staff), saving us a 60 euro charge to keep the room open until midnight. We showered in the outside shower room and went into town until departure time.

All in all we had a fab holiday, despite the accomodation, because Rhodes is so lovely.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

Stayed here in july 08,hotel very clean,...

Reviewed Tue 5th of August 2008

"Stayed here in july 08,hotel very clean,towels & beds changed every other day,we recommend you get the air con as evenings were very warm,self service breakfast,a large selection of snacks & meals to choose from during the day,drinks & ice creams avalible all day as well, hotel restuarant catered for every bodys taste,all the hotel staff were friendly & couldn't do enough for us,karaoke twice a week for budding pop idols,greek night every week with singing & dancing & traditional greek food,hotel bar had acocktail night, taxi's are a must as it's to hot to walk anywhere & we never had to wait very long for them,olympic reps very helpful & friendly,a great place to stay & relax on holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of August 2008

As the boyfriend didn't have any holiday...

Reviewed Sun 9th of March 2008

"As the boyfriend didn't have any holiday left, I went by myself. Hotel OK but stuck at the back of the hotel overlooking some building work. OK.

Comment has been made about the hotel but I'm really grateful to have the opportunity to pass this on. I know I've got to word this really carefully, so draw your own conclusions.

I left a large amount of cash in my room, hidden I thought quite well. OK for a few days. Then one day I could have sworn there was a lot less of it, but as I hadn't counted it I couldn't be certain. I then counted it and left it where it was. When I got in one afternoon there were 40 Euros fewer than there had been. I got some paper and a pen and drew up some cartoon Euros to the value of E40. The next afternoon, having left the money with the cartoon money where I'd been leaving it, an old woman (not saying who or where from etc) looked at me and laughed.

A couple of girls in the room next to me had magically disappearing things, as did another couple.

Now, obviously you've got to be careful making accusations and you'll note the above is just a story - but it does involve more than my experiences.

All I'd say is I wouldn't stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of March 2008

This is the sixth time I’ve been to Rh...

Reviewed Thu 30th of August 2007

"This is the sixth time I’ve been to Rhodes and the first time I’ve stayed in Rhodes Town. The hotel itself is fabulous, very clean and all the staff are very helpful and really friendly. The Pool is a good size there were always sun beds and the 1euro charge helped keep the sun bed baggers away.

Only down side of this hotel is no supermarket or mini market close by, the largest supermarket close by is champion, fine when your walking down, but a bit of a nightmare back up the hill if you've got a load of water. There is another small supermarket at the end of the road, but very limited in what it sells.

The beach is a 5euro taxi ride away and Rhodes Town is the same, perfect for going out for a few meals (although the meals at the panorama fabulous)and 15euro to Faliraki so between 4 its nothing.

The Olympic Rep was amazing, she helped organise loads of fabulous trips like the jeep safari, Lindos by boat and Turkey.... which I would recommend to anyone and I would go on each of them again. Sarah the Rep stays at the hotel and is always on hand.

This really was a fabulous holiday and a great hotel, so central to everything we wanted couldn't ask for more. Ten out of ten for holiday, weather and hotel.

Would go back in a minute.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

Hotels near Panorama Hotel Apartments

Top traveller tips for Panorama Hotel Apartments

• Mrs Hayward by Mrs Hayward

"The old town is very beautiful and full of history. Be wary of 'timeshare' sellers in the new town. "

• Mrs Hayward by Mrs Hayward

"The Panorama hotel restuarant. The old town and harbour "

• JJ by JJ

"Ideal for the brilliant Town and sight, shops etc. Tremember the beach is in town to. "

• SkyMB by SkyMB

"It is worth every penny!! "

• dave w by dave w

"if you want night life a 5 euro taxi ride takes you into the heart of rhodes town "

Panorama Hotel Apartments is also called