Anastasia Hotel

28th October Str, 46, Rhodes Town 85100 Greece

Good

Clean, and perfect for the budget traveler!!

"Hotel Anastasia is a little difficutl to find if you are new to Rhodes, but once you do find it you will be glad. This hotel offers simple rooms for simple prices. The room I stayed in had everything I was looking for: air condition, fridge, bathroom with shower, and tons of outlets. Also with hotel anastasia you get an awesome inn keeper named Mihalis who will tell you where all the hot spots of Rhodes Town are. The thing that I was so happy about was that it truly was clean. Every day the maid would come in and fold my things, and make my bed with fresh new sheets. She would mop the floors, take out the trash, and leave a clean presence in the room. I highly reccommend if you will be staying in New Town to book a room here. One last thing the location is perfectly placed within a 10 minute walk from Old Town, 3 minute walk to New Town, and a 5 min walk to the beach."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

A hotel, tour guides, & friends all in one place!

"I absolutely LOVED staying at Hotel Anastasia! I could not recommend a better place! Not only were Mihali & Stefania amazing (how many hotels have you stayed where you not only learn the owners names, but get to know them like family!?), but the hotel was perfect, quaint, and provided a true Greek experience. I had to leave after three days to meet the rest of my family in Filiraki, and I was distraught. The new hotel was a resort with mediocre rooms and food, and for all I knew, I could have been vacationing in Mexico. I begged to come back to Hotel Anastasia, but they were all booked. Hotel Anastasia is PERFECT because immediately when you walk off of the property, you are surrounded with shopping and food. No need for a cab! Futher, it's approximately a ten minute walk to Old Town,which is a tourist must-see complete with a castle & ruins, shopping, food, and an outrageous nightlife! And you never need a taxi! Mihali and Stefania were fantastic when recommending restaurants or providing directions for whatever we needed. The hotel is intimate with just a few rooms, but with a few family members staying in the same place it was easy to find each other...usually at the quaint outdoor bar. Breakfast was my favorite time as we ate with other guests, the turtles, and by the time we were done, our room was always clean. After spending a few weeks in Greece in several hotels, I can assure you, this is the only place for which I am writing a review. Thank you Mihali & Stefania for making my first trip to Greece a memorable one!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of June 2009

Home away from home, with great hosts.

"We loved staying at Hotel Anastasia. We have a 5 year old son, whom Mihalis and Stefania took time with every morning to show him the turtles and actually played with him, so that we could enjoy our breakfast and make daily plans for out stay in Rhodes. Mihalis was extremely helpful beyond expectation with great advise and tips. Stefania accommodated our every need... we stored snacks and milk in their refrig, used her personal blow-drier...etc. They were family to our family during our stay. Can't wait to go back. Clean and safe for any family or traveler, not to mention great location for all needs."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of June 2009

A very pleasant surprise

"Mihalis and Stefania were excellent hosts and made me feel like I was staying with friends, rather than at a hotel. Mihalis was very helpful with his suggestions of things to see and do, and he was always willing to help. My room was comfortable and clean and very spacious - excellent value for money. The hotel is in a great location - close to both the old town and the new town - a short walk in either direction. I will definitely be back to see Mihalis and Stefania the next time I'm in Rhodes."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009

Beautiful villa, spacious rooms with charm, extremely clean, well located, and caring hosts.

"I enjoyed my stay at Anastasia Hotel and would readily book again. The villa is immaculate, with plants and Old World style and charm not to mention old tiles and touches, lovingly restored by Mihaliis and Stephania. They were very helpful and kind. The rooms were airy and cool. I appreciated the location - near the Old Town and the sea, with plenty of restaurants around, without the congestion and crowds in Old Town. The price was definitely value for money and Mihalis was happy to help point out many things to make the stay in Rhodes more memorable. Staying there added to my enjoyment of Rhodes very much. I would suggest it to one and all."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

A pleasant retreat moments from all that Rhodes has to offer

"My wife and I have been travelling to southern Greece each year for the last ten years.Each of those trips has included a stopover on the island of Rhodes and in particular to stay in Rhodes town . We do this so that we may use and enjoy the Hotel Anastasia.A converted Italian villa , its' ideal location allows us easy access to the towns' beaches ,shopping ,dining and public transit while still providing a relatively quiet enviroment in which to relax. An immaculate highwalled courtyard with seating and tables can be had if you would like to sit outside and socialize with guests or friends . Your breakfast is also served to you there.
And of course the hospitality of Mihalis and Stefania cannot go unmentioned . We have never been disappointed with their management of the hotel . The rooms , while modest , are spotless , among the best we have experienced anywhere on our travels in Greece . While Stefania is a behind the scenes figure Mihlalis definitely is out in front ! If you require assistance of any manner he will surely be there for you . He has been known to be a bit surly but don't worry it's just his form of humor and we have learned to give it back .! And the reward is a smile that comes across his face . He is actually a very caring person.
We will return there again in 2009 , looking forward to another visit with Rhodes ,the Hotel Anastasia and Mihalis and Stefania."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

a home in rhodes

"mihalis and his wife stefania are the owners of this italian villa. it is called a hotel, but is only a basic b&b accomodation with 2 floors and 5 rooms with bathroom and air conditioning. a small refrigerator, in which the beverages can be kept, a kitchen and a bar. no tvs in the rooms. mostly italian is spoken, but mihalis can help you with his english and willingness to help with what to do in rhodes. a cat named "ayshe" with her kittens and a tortoise family are among the residents of the villa. a garden with benches gives the opportunity to socialize with other visitors and exchange experiences. 2 mins walk from the bar street and might get a little noisy at nights, but the area is residential and gets quiet after 2 am at latest. the highlight of the property is the owner mihalis."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of October 2008

Unusual "Hospitality" Attitude

Good

"While I agree with a previous reviewer that the hotel offers good value for the location, spotless cleanliness and a good breakfast, if you plan to stay at this hotel you should be forewarned that you will hear the owner talk nonstop about "stupid tourists" and stupid Americans, Australians (insert your nationality here to get the idea). I suspect the owner thinks he's being "cute" in a curmudgeonly sort of way but it isdefinitely tiresome and offensive. If you can ignore the attitude, stay here, but if you'd like to experience a welcoming attitude or basic professionalism for the money you pay, go to another hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

Qualified okay, maybe just a bad day for owners

"Maybe it was because it was end of season and owners were tired, and I was about the only guest, but I did not feel welcomed. Room was okay for the price, breakfast was somewhat below par. Not a warm feeling, but maybe would be better in warmer season."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of November 2007

great place to stay

Good

"My daughter and I stayed in this family run hotel in June 07. It was no trouble for mihalis to stay up and meet us at 1.00am in the morning. The room was basic and clean with TV and air-conditioning. It was situated within walking distance of the beach, restaurants and eating-places. Mihalis took the time on our first morning to give us a map and show us all the sights in Rhodes from a local point of view. I was able to access wireless Internet from my room. Breakfast was typical Greek style and filling. Value for money."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Hotels near Anastasia Hotel

Stayed at Anastasia Hotel? Share your insight.

Anastasia Hotel is also called