Summer Memories Apartments

Pefkos of Lindos Main Street of Pefkos Resort, Pefkos 851 00 Greece

My boyfriend and I enjoyed an extremely...

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2007

"My boyfriend and I enjoyed an extremely warm and friendly stay at the Summer Memories apartments. We were concerned that it might be too quiet considering we are both 25, but the town had enough going on to keep us occupied.

After each night before bed we were entertained by Stavros the barman/tour guide and his lovely girlfriend with a small nightcap. I think "shot" was his favourite word!

The room was basic, but had everything to suit our needs. It was cleaned daily by the cheerful cleaning lady. You could ask for air-conditioning for a little extra but it was well worth it. The price was very reasonable overall and good for a young couple who can't spend a fortune on the top hotels.

The town of Pefkos was perfect - we had a wonderful meal every night, and enjoyed the fantastic beaches during the day. We found a small beach with not too many loungers on it where we spent most of the time relaxing which had a small beach cafe with friendly owners.

We hired a car and travelled around the island one day which was great fun and saw the amazing sights. We were pleasantly surprised by the island.

We'd definitely go back as we had such a fantastic time - great entertainment, great beaches, friendly locals, wonderful hotel and a very warm welcome.

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

I searched the internet and was lucky en...

Good
Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2007

"I searched the internet and was lucky enough to come across Summer Memories, and after sending an e-mail of enquiry which was answered really quickly, I booked the accommodation. I wasn't disappointed.

The apartment was clean and spacious, overlooking the pool & the sea (albeit in the distance!). The pool was small but had plenty of sunbeds and parasols - which were definitely needed. Although I didn't pre-book the air-con, after a couple of days we arranged this for 60 euros’ per week. The maid cleaned the apartment every day and was very friendly. Vasilis (the owner) and his 2 sons, George & Stavros, ran the bar and were English speaking, entertaining and great to chat to.

The food from the bar was lovely and my daughter loved the nutella crepes which she ate almost every day! The two beaches were within easy walking distance, as were all the bars and restaurants - yet without being at all noisy at night.

I think Pefcos is a perfect resort for young families and people who don't like to see lager louts falling off the pavements everywhere. There are no ticket touts or beach sellers trying to grab your attention so you can walk anywhere without being harassed ... what a novelty when holidaying abroad these days!

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

We just got back from 2 week stay at Sum...

Reviewed Sat 28th of July 2007

"We just got back from 2 week stay at Summer Memories, George and Stavros (best Manchester accent in Greece) were brilliant. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily by a very friendly old lady.

The resort at first impression looks quiet but comes alive when its dark. Our best restaurant was Hellas Garden and pub was Pefkos by Night, both to the left when leaving apts.

Only niggle was the transfer time on arrival from airport for Newcastle flight we did not get into our room for around 6am."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of July 2007

Brilliant place - beach, tavernas and su...

Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"Brilliant place - beach, tavernas and supermarkets all within easy walking distance. Try dennis's next door, food is superb, real nice family.

Lindos is within easy reach either on the bus or taxi.

Summer Memories is a wonderful place, so clean. Vassilis and his family are so friendly and his bbq is great. We have been here for 4 years and have already booked for next year. We have also found Kosmar to be the better tour operator to Summer Memories. "

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Well I’ve been to Rhodes now 3-4 times...

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2007

"Well I’ve been to Rhodes now 3-4 times, and stayed at these apartments all the time, its one of the nicest places you can ever go to.

All the staff are friendly the pools well away from the main road, the food in Pefkos is fantastic the best selection of excellent food anywhere I’ve been in Greece (and I’ve bin everywhere!), I’d advise you to go to the terpsis and tsambikos restaurants, you may have to wait a little bit for the terpis but its worth the wait believe me, its around a five minute walk to the beach but id advise to go the left of the hotel and go to the smaller beach as its well secluded and a nice little beach to relax on.

The owner of summer memories vasslis is a very nice man, who will cater to your every need, his wife may sometimes be there and his son George may also be there if he’s back from university, please feel free to ask them for advice on where to go and what to do, as they will guide you to little hidden treasures on the island like where the 2 seas meet and butterfly valley (simply amazing)

Go to summer memories and you won’t be disappointed.

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

This was amazing I stayed in the summer...

Reviewed Sat 31st of July 2004

"This was amazing I stayed in the summer memories hotel the first time I went to Pefkos it was very nice on night there was a disco/gathering of a lot of people. The entertainment wasn’t amazing but I really enjoyed it.

Its very quite about 200m from shops and bars - next door to a really nice bar.The people that work there are all really friendly and will always help u and advise u

From

Ella Williams

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004

Hotels near Summer Memories Apartments

Stayed at Summer Memories Apartments? Share your insight.