My husband and I stayed at these studios...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of July 2008

"My husband and I stayed at these studios for two weeks in June 2008 and cannot fault them whatsoever. We have been going to the greek islands for the past sixteen years and these are the best. I looked for a fault but couldn't find any. Clean, plenty of room and painted perfectly. We were in room 206 Block A which has a sea view. This room is very peaceful,I would think the rooms near the pool are quite noisy though, but we didn't use the pools anyway. We didn't use the pool bar much either but when we did (to watch the football) the staff were great. All the staff at the Lindia Thalassa are all wonderful including Andreas taking the money for the sunbeds (8 euros for two beds and an umbrella). There were 64 steps to the beach but after the first couple of days, it was relatively easy. The beach is quite narrow but suited us just fine as we weren't surrounded by other beds. You can walk in the water right from one end of the bay to the other. The air con is quite expensive (10 euros a night) but by the second night we certainly needed it as the weather was getting hotter by the day. The nearest eating places are about 10 mins away but the first stage is quite heavy going (if you're a bit older). You need to turn left just before "cardiac hill". We ate in a different taverna each night but the best was the "Terpsis" on the right at the other end of the town and the "Nefvelli" a rooftop taverna, probably one of the first ones you see, again on the right (you need to try the vine leaves made by the mother of the owner, Nikos, and you might be served by his son or a young English lady called Toni. This is his first year and he certainly needs some good reviews. We also tried a rooftop taverna "Anaxis", you go up "cardiac hill" and turn right. Also go to Lindos, we went by taxi 9 euros going and 8 euros coming back. It's a beautiful little resort and go up to the Acropolis (its not as far as it first appears). Would we go back again . . . . you bet we would."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Have just returned home from 2 very hot...

Reviewed Sat 19th of July 2008

"Have just returned home from 2 very hot weeks in Pefkos at the Lindia Thalassa with First Choice.

The apartment we had was wonderful - 2 bedrooms ( 2 adults and 2 children) overlooking the sea in Block A ( as others had mentioned in previous reviews on this site I was aware that the views would be good from Block A and I had also e-mailed the hotel before arrival requesting a 2 bed apartment in block A and was over the moon when we arrived to be told our key was for Room 205 A Block. I think all the rooms in Block A had a fantastic view.

I cannot fault the hotel on much really, the staff were extremely helpful and the maid service was the best we have had in Greece, we have stayed on several Greek Islands and I would also say this was the cleanest we have stayed in. Claire, one of the hotel's animation team was lovely and always had a big smile on her face and made time to talk to everyone.

The only negative points (already mentioned by others) is the extra charge for air con
199 Euros extra for 2 air con units for 2 wks. The pool bar also plays only English pop music which we found quite frustrating as it would have been nice to hear some Greek music occasionally (although they did have a Greek night twice a week, but again you had to pay extra for that entertainment.)

Sadly we will not be returning to Pefkos again (this was our 3rd visit to Rhodes) It has been 3 yrs since we last visited the Island and unfortunately in our opinion Pefkos has lost it's Greek charm with only a couple of taverna's with a Greek atmosphere, it is now a bit like 'England in the Sun' . We had a good time in Rhodes (despite being woken one morning by a small earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale thankfully this only lasted a few seconds and there was no structural damage as the hotels are all built to strict regulations to withstand this type of seismic occurrence)

We may return to Rhodes itself one day but I don't think we will be returning to Pefkos.
Lindos on the otherhand ( village just around the corner) is slightly more Greek with cobbled streets etc but again we noticed that more tavernas were playing only English music but the views are spectacular and the beaches here among the best on the Island, very safe for children. Rhodes has something for everyone and has lots of little villages which still retain their Greek authenticity/atmosphere but Pefkos is now in our opinion a tourist resort which caters for British holidaymakers only.

S.W Palmer
Ynys Mon
North Wales, UK."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

Amazing once again, stayed last year and...

Reviewed Fri 4th of July 2008

"Amazing once again, stayed last year and was very happy with everything and this year rooms were even better as we managed to get on E block(Best View). We wll come back again for third time next year! Only downfall is the entertainment but we went out every night. Staff are very friendly and we recieved a few free drinks! Pool is very well looked after too!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

My husband and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Sun 29th of June 2008

"My husband and I have just returned from Pefkos in Rhodes staying at the Lindia Thalassa Studios & Apartments. We have been going to the Greek Islands for the last 16 years and these studios are the best ever we have stayed at. In the first few days I tried to find a fault, but there were none. Nothing was broken, the paintwork was perfect and anyone who has been to Greece knows that the decor is very basic with paint all over the place . . . not this place. We were in "Block A" which is the nearest to the sea, in my opinion, the best block. We had a lovely view of the sea. The beach is narrow, but not a problem at all, in fact it meant that we were not surrounded by sunbeds. The staff were excellent, even Andraeos taking the sunbed money (8 euros per day for two sunbeds and parasol). We did find the air conditioning is quite expensive (10 euros a night), but by the second week, we certainly needed it as it was getting hotter by the day. We didn't use the pool, but it did seem a little noisy. Yes we did find cardiac hill and avoided it every night, but took one walk up it when we took a day off from the beach. We walked for hours and saw the surrounding areas, that was lovely. We ate at a different place each night and found them all quite nice, but the best in my opinion was the "Terpsis" where we met some friends who were also at the same resort. Go and see Nikos at the "Nefelli" and try his mothers vine leaves, they are fantastic and you might have your order taken by Toni (an english lady) who is very nice. Nikos has only had this restaurant this year and needs some good reviews. Would go again to the Lindia Thalassa definately."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Everybody seems to love these apartments...

Good
Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"Everybody seems to love these apartments and I must say we had a very good holiday.
However, I do have a few little moans which should not have been needed.

It was very busy at the pool so we chose to use the hotel sunbeds on the beach which were great. However why charge your guests 8 euros a day for the privelege ?

Secondly we arrived at 3.45 am to be met by a guy at reception who only said " passports please" and lobbed the key in our direction.

When we got to our room it was a twin not a double and was boiling hot. Next morning we asked about aircon and were told it was £55.00 for the week even though we'd already had a night. Too expensive , you are exploiting your guests.

On the last day although we were not being picked up until 11.30 pm, we had to vacate our room by noon. We asked about a late checkout and were told another 35 euros were needed but they hadn't any left anyway. They did offer us a shower but at 4.00pm as all other slots were taken. What are you supposed to do ? I thought we had paid for a 7 day holiday not 6 First Choice.

Look Pefkos is great and the apartments are clean and spacious if not that comfortable but I wouldn't go back again. We've been lucky enough to stay in some great places in recent years who really look after their guests who have paid for the privelege.

By the way, although it is a self catering holiday if you eat or drink any of your own food by the pool they will charge you 8 euros for the pleasure.

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

my stay at the hotel was going really we...

Reviewed Thu 12th of June 2008

"my stay at the hotel was going really well untill i broke my ankle coming downstairs (in the hotel) 5 days before i went home, then i found the staff to be really unhelpful, we had an apartment on the 3rd floor and with no lifts i found it awful having to crawl upstairs on my hands and knees, after asking to be moved rooms, the offered me a 2nd floor apartment at the far end of the complex, with me being in a wheel chair most of the time i found it awkward to get around the hotel, the girft shop was to small to move my chair round in and there were small steps entering the hotel from the poolside, when i was on my crutches waiting to be picked up for the airport i had another fall in the hotel reception as the floor is so slippy with it just being tiles.
i had a really nice time before i broke my ankle, the hotel entertainment was ok but not for everyday for the last 5 days. "

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2008

I would say this is probably the best pl...

Reviewed Fri 30th of May 2008

"I would say this is probably the best place i have ever stayed in Greece. Ive just got back from a week holiday in pefkos and am already looking for flights back out in september.

The staff at the Lindia Thalassa are great, the room is perfect and so clean. Theres not a fault i can pick out about the whole holiday. Although, on a website it said there was 61 steps to the beach however there was 65! Haha, if thats the only bad thing about the holiday then it says a lot!

Its a very short walk to the strip of bars and restaurants and theres a great variety to chose from! Also, A taverna called Lee's Beach Bar is great for lunch as it over looks the beach. The Fuse Bar is also a great place to go at night for drinks and we were there every night.

We took a trip to a beach called St Pauls Bay which is a 5 minute bus journey to Lindos, bus is only 1euro 20. It has a chapel just next to the beach where people get married and we saw 4 weddings in about 2 hours. I'd definetly consider getting married there.

Overall i had a great time, weather was gorgeous, people were lovely and we were looked after very well. Definitely coming back!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2008

we stayed for a week in september 07 we...

Reviewed Tue 13th of May 2008

"we stayed for a week in september 07 we found the resort impressive.staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble.rooms were cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis.the guys on the pool bar great fun all day long.and the bar menu was good too.bar snacks and pool meals were nicely cooked and well presented.we would recommend this accomodation to anybody who appreciates high standards within their holiday accomodation.
we enjoyed this lovely resort so much that we have booked again and are returning on may 28th 2008."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

We had two fabulous weeks in these apart...

Reviewed Fri 29th of February 2008

"We had two fabulous weeks in these apartments. 18 of us went as i got married at st pauls bay half way through our holiday. All staff were amazing costa, loulas and stavros were fab. Oor children 6yr old twins and a 15mth old loved every secound ofi it.
The pool and beach were amazing and the facilities were excellent. It really made my day special and the holiday was fab. All of our group have re booked for this year, best place ive ever been by far."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of February 2008

We stayed at Lindia Thalassa for two wee...

Reviewed Mon 1st of October 2007

"We stayed at Lindia Thalassa for two weeks and we had an excellent time. Our apartment was a spacious, with two double rooms, two hobs, kettle, toaster and a fridge freezer. Air-con is also available but at a bit pricey but not required whilst we were there.

The complex is clean and tidy with a good shop on site for all your needs and the swimming pool with its swim-up bar was superb, very clean and plenty of sun-beds and there was sunshine on the pool and beds until late.

The weather was great; mid 30s and hardly ever a cloud in the sky and always made it pleasurable for any trips you wanted to do without it being too hot. There were plenty of trips available and would definitely recommend the Jeep Safari which shows you a lot of the sights and they enlighten you on the Greek way of life and their cultures and all whilst keeping you laughing and entertained all the way.

There was a 3 Bay Cruise which we went on but that was a tad boring to be honest, the 3 bays included the first one they pick you up in, they then drop you off at another beach for two hours and then it is on to another beach for a BBQ which was okay I guess. Very long day, wouldn't recommend taking any children on this as not much to do for them.

The actual town of Pefkos is only a 5-10 minute walk away with a vast array of restaurants, bars and tavernas which were very reasonably priced with friendly staff and good quality food. In 14 nights we ate at 8 different restaurants and there was still at least 6 that we didn't get round to trying.

We will definitely recommend this place to friends and family and hope to return soon

Ten out of ten

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Well we entered the Apartment and it was...

Good
Reviewed Mon 3rd of September 2007

"Well we entered the Apartment and it was huge for two big lads and the wife and I.

Air con at a reasonable extra cost but a must really, Sky TV as well at no extra cost.
Maids serviced the room six days a week excellent really. New Towels and sheets, very good.

In Greece a shower cubicle! Yes it was and the shower head was not blocked or broken and there was no wrestling with the shower curtain either!

No blockages and flooded bathroom after the shower as well, and with four to shower after a day on the beach that was no problem with loads of hotish water.

The Beach was superb and so to was the pool, however, beware and insist on a receipt for your drinks at the pool bar.

Eating Out, well excellent choice really, the Little House, Trepsis, Enigma are all well recommended. But don't go to the Nostoliga we had a bad meal there.

Emma the First Choice Rep was excellent very helpful indeed nothing to much trouble.

The Reception Staff were very good too, and the Supermarket was very well placed and very reasonably priced for the resort.

Nightlife well it finishes at 12, it is not to loud, infact, it is just right for us anyway."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

We have stayed in a lot of places in dif...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of September 2007

"We have stayed in a lot of places in different countries but this has to be the best.

The staff are superb and sorted out any minor issues we had. The complex is excellent, ideal for families or couples and the 5/10 minute walk to Pefkos with a brilliant range of restaurants is excellent - we ate somewhere different every night and every meal was superb.

We were fortunate enough to get an apartment in A block overlooking the sea which was an added plus. The beach was just down a set of steps and is sandy and very clean and full of fish.

There are plenty of trips to do around the island with Lindos and Rhodes Town in easy reach. There are 2 traditional tavernas really close by in stunning coastal positions - Kavas and Philosophia both excellent though the latter a bit pricy. The bay is superb with no high rise and a lot of the coastline here has no build at all. Go South on a tour or hire a car and you will see how unspoilt this island is.

The other not to be missed at Lindia Thalassa is Stavros' Brandy Sours! We loved it here and would definitely come back - been on a lot of holidays to a lot of countries but overall this was the best.

S Mabey