Lindia Thalassa Resort

Pefki, Rhodes, Pefkos 851 07 Greece

amazing holiday!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"amazing place!! went last year as a last minute deal for a week in june. ended up going bk for 2more weeks in august and a week in october. have already spent a week in may and another in july. have booked to go again for a week in oct.

went with group of friends, as a couple and a family. would def recommend

lovely staff. couldnt be more helpful and entertaining!
beautiful beach.
very clean apartments.

the best place to eat in the town is enigma. waffles for desert are the best!! eclipse is good for the evening.
lindos only 10 mins away costin 7euros by taxi- book at reception.

would recommend this hotel- well worth the money!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Tremendous

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at these apartments at the end of June for 1 week. We booked last minue so got given one of the last rooms which was a 2 bedroom apartment in block D. I could not fault the apartments, they were spotlessly clean, very spacious and had a nice little balcony. I didnt mind paying extra for the air con, it was considered money well spent as it was roasting hot when we were there, however I think it is very cheeky to expect you to pay extra for a key to the safe in your room!

Location is fantastic, right by a cute little beach and a short walk from the main beach at Pefkos. Closest restaurant is Philosophers which has beautiful views but you pay for them, I felt the food was over priced. For somewhere really special but a slightly further walk Kavos Taverna provided an even better view over the bay and the food was fantastic and much more reasonably priced. If you aint bothered about sea views from your restaurant the best restaurant of all of them was the Delicia just off the main street in the centre of Pefkos, the food was amazing and really cheap, served on the roof terrace at sunset was magical.

Pefkos has everything you would want from a beach holiday, sun, sea and a large selection of restaurants and bars and I would recommend anyone to stay in the Lindia Thalassa apartments, they are stunning.

PS. As everyone said Block A is the nicest as it does look right out over the sea, then I would say the blocks get more noisy from B to E, D and E are by the pool with its bar and menotinous music."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

fab time

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"six of us went the beginning of july for a week.we had a brillant time.we had a studio and apartment .which was much better than any other self catering place we have stayed in. the rooms are cleaned daily with fresh linen and towels every day.staff really friendly.
there is a lot to do around and about . we went in to lindos and had a donkey ride which was so funny.didnt know donkeys could go so fast. had a leisure cruise and speed boats out which you can hire from the beach,when you go to the beach turn right at the bottom of the steps there are less stones.also you will see a restaurant called phillosophia which has stunning views over the sea and the food is brillant(waiter a bit mad i ended up doing the washing up after so ribbing) another good place to eat is nostalgia food and veiws just as good. will be returning again, but do feel brochure hasnt given hotel credit it deserves"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

50/50

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Lindia Thalassa apartments for 1 week on the 6th June, I'm afraid to say our experiences were not as positive as other reviewers.
On arrival we found our apartment to have 3 single beds instead of a double as we had requested, whether this was an error made by the travel agents or the apartment owners remains a mystery!
The beds are not moveable as they are set in concrete! So a campbed was set up next to one of the beds for us...hardly ideal.
I would advise anyone looking to stay here to double check the type of apartment they have booked.
Also try to request an apartment on the first or second floors as the ground floor is very noisy, we could hear every conversation between the maids and fellow guests. Guests could also see straight into our bathroom when the window was open, so it had to be kept shut when using the bathroom.
The only other thing I have to complain about the apartments was the fire alarm that went off every morning at about 6am and sometimes during the night, this only seemed to happen in our block (block B), bit strange!
On a more positive note....the apartments were clean and well maintained, the pool was more than adequate although a little cold. The bar staff were very friendly and the hotel holds a Greek night which is good fun.
It is in a good location close to the shops, bars and restaurants and also the beach. There is also a good supermarket on site.

All in all I would not stay here again but my advice to anyone booking up is to be very specific about where you want your apartment to be located to avoid the problems we had."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007

Absolutely fabby!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Lindia at the end of May and found the apartments and the whole resort to be friendly and welcoming. The studio we stayed in was well equipped and clean (although the floors were a bit dusty) The maids cleaned the rooms every day and left clean towels and bedding.
The pool and bar area were well kept, the supermarket well stocked and the entertainment was great (especially the Greek night!) The only thing was the cold pool whcih took your breath away for the first few seconds of getting in but then was fine once you got used to it!
Pefkos was lovely and only took five minutes to walk to if that (you can take a short cut through the sister hotel on the same site) There were loads of nice restaurants and we recommend Enigma and Lee Beach.
Also, if you get the chance, take the boat trip to Lindos. It was fantastic and only cost us 6 euros in a taxi to come back so we were able to stay a bit later (you can return on the boat if you wish)
If you are thinking about booking, go ahead. We had a great time and will definitely go back at some point."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Excellent holiday at a good location in a good hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This is who out doubt a good hotel with a good location and I would recommend it.

It is ideal for families or couples. The pool area was fine, mostly the people at the hotel were from the UK. Late check out is available but it is cheaper if booked when at the hotel. However rooms are available at no charge on last day on a ½ hour basis and this seemed to be fine for us.

A few costs that may hit you (although to be fair they were stated in the brochure); air conditioning is 60 euros per week and the safe key 25 euros per week and chair hire on the beach at 8 euros per day.

Bathroom was to a high standard and the shower worked each day with lots of hot water.

We tried to use the holiday as an opportunity to do a little walking and there was one walk into Lindos which was outstanding going over the hills around Lindos and walking down from them the views are spectacular. I would very much recommend the handbook “Walking and eating in Rhodes”.

Taxi into Lindos was 6 euros each way. It can be walked but if you want to go on a walk around Rhodes there are better ones rather than walking along the main road.

Lindos and Rhodes were good days out however I would recommend Lindos as early as possible before the coaches arrive and aim for the old town in Rhodes first as most of the visitors go to the new town first and then go on to the old town which means its gets very busy in the afternoon.

Good points:

Hotel room size and the cleanliness
Location being able to walk into Pefkos
Location to a good beach – just down some steps
No rush to get hold of the sun beds in the morning around the pool or on the beach
Room cleaning service was fine

Bad points

8 euros a day for 2 chairs and a umbrella (no charge on a Sunday)
The sea can be difficult to get into – but you just need to enter from the right hand side of the steps down to avoid the rockier parts.
Charge for the air con and safe is a bit steep.

Restaurants

All of the restaurants we used were of a good standard however the better ones were:

Terpsis – good food and service
Enigma – again good food but not up to Terpsis although the view was better form the upper floor and the breakfast in the side bar was also excellent and very recommended (about 6.5 euros each)

There are also 2 outstanding sea view restaurants outside of Pefkos. The first (Philosophers) was just opposite the hotel (down a side road) but you could easily stay at the hotel and miss it. The second (and better one) was the Kavos Taverna, which specialises in fish. This restaurant is over to the right hand side walking away from Pefkos (down by Nicholas restaurant). The food and views from each was outstanding but they were a little more expensive that the Pefkos restaurants. Having said that they are definitely worth a visit."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Great base for beach, huge and very clean rooms

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Couple (33, 33)

Arrived on 3rd May and were the first visitors to the apartments of the season. Bus journey from airport was 1 hour. Check in was quick and the girls behind reception were very friendly. We had emailed the hotel ahead and asked for a sea view in Block A. On check in we were pleased to see a key with block A being handed to us.

Email - [email protected]

lindiathalassa.gr/isitforme2.html

The gardens, paths and pool areas were immaculate and every day we saw people cleaning or tending to these areas. Very clean.

Apartment in Block A, 206 was huge. We had 3 single beds - NB the beds were concreted into the floor therefore you could not pull them together. Plenty of floor space and a well equiped kitchen area. Fridge was fab, getting really cold (unlike other greek fridges experiences) and had a freezer shelf that was great for storing and freezing water before heading to the beach. TV in room with many english speaking channels. Bathroom was best I have ever had in Greece, it had a shower basin to collect the water and a glass shower screen (no horrible shower curtain or wet floor). Our balcony was private as our room was on the side of the building and it had a lovely view of the sea. We didn't need to use the air conditioning as it wasn't too hot.

The beach is a gentle walk down 60 steps. Beach itself was very clean and tidy during our first few days however towards the end of our week, we found empty carrier bags, fag ends, empty crisp wrappers etc - didn't seem to be anyone cleaning the beach.
Water was lovely, on arrival at beach if you walk to the right hand side of the shower you will find a gentle slopping walk into the sea without any rocks under your feet. Clear water and lovely colours.

Eating out was never a problem, alhough I would avoid Colisseum. It wasn't very good, everything was covered in a tomato sauce even if it didn't state so on the menu, The best places we found were Terpsis - excellent service and food. We ate here 2 nights and were satisified both times. The other good place was Enigma although this was 2nd to Terpsis.

Plenty of bars and our favourite was the one under Enigma. Lovely cream sofas to relax on and a tv in view should any football or other event be on. Skip desert in a restaurant and come here for a waffle - excellent taste and reasonable priced.

Taxis to Lindos are very cheap at 5 Euros. Pretty scary ride but worth it. Lindos is lovely.

Took a trip to Rhodes Town, 'ok' night. Many shops etc were closed as early season but we enjoyed the chance to wander around and take in the atmosphere.

I would come back to the resort and these apartments, Enjoy."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of May 2007

Would recommend this place wholeheartedly

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Myself and two friends stayed at the Lindia Thalasa last year mid September. We were delighted from the moment we stepped into the Hotel Entrance and found ourselves not to be disappointed the rest of the 2 week stay.
The room was perfect size for 3 adults, not too large or cramped, just nice. We were ecstatic to find ourselves accomodated in Block A first floor up therefore had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. Bliss.
The weather was ideal. Hot but not so uncomfortable that you couldnt bear to lie out in it all day. We found the pool area to be comfortable and reasonably quiet however there were a couple of families with kids who could get a bit rowdy. That said you probably would you get that most places. We had picked Sept in the hope that it would be quieter and it certainly was compared to July/August.
Pefkos village was a 5-10 minute walk away and lined with lovely shops and restaurants. Would definitely recommend Enigma and Nostalgia which sit facing one another. We dined at both places at least twice and found the food to be out of this world. On our last evening we had a meal at Philosophia, which is just down a wee track road facing the hotel entrance. It is a wonderful dining experience and we were sad that we hadn't tried it before. It was a bit pricier than the restaurants in the centre but certainly worth every penny.
We got a taxi into Lindos one evening, saw the Acropolis, had a wander through the shops then ate at one of the roof top Tavernas. The food came nowhere close to what we had experienced in Pefkos so we were glad with our choice of location. Unfortunately we aren't going this year however we plan to be back next year. Go - you won't be disappointed!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Excellent holiday

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Stayed at the Lindia Thalassa for the last two weeks in August. Arrived at 7.30 am after flight delays. However, after a few hours sleep realised how nice the place was. I have stayed in Greece before and have always had very basic accommodation so I was very suprised. The room was very spacious and clean. The maids came every day except Sundays and had fresh linen and towels every day. There was a TV and a hairdryer and good kitchen facilities, not that I used them much. However, there was no table inside the apartment and through the day it was far too hot to sit on the terrace. The pool side bar served food throughout the day and I found it was not wonderful, but it was OK. The supermarket on site seemed to sell everthing you need. I was in D block on the ground floor. I was right at the side of the pool and the bar! However, if you had very small children who sleep early I would suggest another block. The pool area is very nice with a swim up bar and there are plenty of sunbeds. The beach is accessed down a few steps and is small but beautiful crystal clear waters. Sunbeds were 4 euros for the day. Pefkos centre is about a 5-10 minute walk. I was suprised how many tavernas and restaurants there were. Enigma and Nostalgia were my favourites. Lovely food and rooftop terraces so you can watch the sun go down as you eat. Philosophers at the side of the Lindia Thalassa was superb. The tables are literally at the edge of the cliff looking over the sea - watching the sun set behind the mountains was the perfect setting. Lots of cats - never seen so many cats! Cost me 8 euros a night to feed the few I had grown attached to!
After the first week I hired a car for 3 days through Hertz - I would recommend other companies. As I seemed to have paid a lot more than a few other people I had met. Although it was a nice car - citroen convertable. Went to Rhodes town twice. If you go by car follow the signs straight into the centre of Rhodes and then turn left following the signs to the port. There are plenty of parking spaces there. Note - you have to park in blue bays if you go into the centre. I never had a problem here and you are literally 5 minutes from the old town. The shopping here is good and it is beautiful when the marina is all lit up on a night. The roads are well sign posted and I had no problems. I am a single mum and felt safe everywhere I went in Rhodes. Just the mopeds become a pain when the traffic are queuing up behind them. Saw a few moped accidents! Faliraki water park is fantastic and well worth a visit. I was told Saturdays and Wednesdays are good days to go because these are the transfer days - I was told right! The rides were a bit big for me I spent my time on the lazy river, but my son loved them.
I went on the jeep safari trip down to the south of the island where the Med and the Agean seas meet. This was a fantastic day out and well worth the money. Sandwiches are provided on the beach and the guys made it a fun day out to remember. Tsambiki beach is north of Pefkos on the main road going to Faliraki and Rhodes. This is well worth a visit.
Lindos is beautiful too. You park at the top then walk down into the maze of shops and rooftop restaurants. The acropolis is fantastic - but hell of a treck. They do have donkeys to take you up, but I felt too sorry for them! There were quite a few power cuts whilst I was there! this was very eerie in Lindos. I was told that it only costs between 6-9 euros for a taxi so Lindos is a must. I did not go on the boat to Lindos but I was told this was fantastic and that Lindos looked so beautiful as you approached it by the sea. I did not go to the other side of the island near Ixia so I cannot comment on that - maybe next year!
Entertainment was Ok at the Lindia Thalassa, karioke and a singer and quiz nights, but I met that many lovely people that we made our own entertainment, not one early night for me! I have never met such a friendly bunch. Lolos and Mario the bar staff on a night are a good laugh and keep you entertained. The children all mixed well and played together whilst the parents had a well deserved drink at the bar! A lot of the older teenagers and young adults went to Eclipse at the end of the village, this seemed to be very popular.
Louise, the rep was very good, she was always about and very friendly. In fact the best rep I have met.
The safe and air conditioning seemed exceptionally expensive - but I would not have slept at all without it. In fact that is all I could possible complain about. People who had two bedrooms paid double and that seemed very unfair and very expensive. Everybody I met complained about this to the rep! However, overall I had a wonderful time. I did not see one cloud and it was very hot. 47oC on some days!
I have been to many places and think it is pointless to go back to one place because there are so many other places to see, however, my son has begged me to go back again next year, which I think I just might well do.
Remember your plug in and citronella lotion - you will need it. I normally always get bitten, but not once this time as I had my citronella to hand as soon as I got there!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of September 2006

Great Resort

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"I've just returned from a week at the Lindia Thalassa. I stayed there with my two sisters (we're all in our early twenties) and we had a great time. However, I would stress that the resort is really designed for families and couples. We wanted a relaxing break, sunbathing and going out for nice meals, if you're looking for nighlife this is not the place!

The room was large, modern and clean. It was one of the nicest Greek rooms that I have ever stayed in. I have tended to find other greek hotels fairly basic and old fashioned. Our room had a television with several English channels including BBC news, E and VH1, an air conditioning unit (which you had to pay extra for but which was absolutely essential in the 47 degree heat!!), a huge double bed and one single (not a camp bed, a proper bed!!), a good little kitchen with a fridge, a hob, a kettle and a toaster, and an ensuite shower room with a proper shower screen around the shower, marble sink and even a hairdryer!
The rooms were cleaned every day except Sunday and we were given fresh bath towels every day.

The pool area was large and there's a swim up bar. We didn't stay around the pool area as it was the middle of August and packed with children but if you're a family this would be perfect for you! There are also competitions and games held around the pool all day (like lilo racing and volleyball) which I guess children would love. The beach was a two minute walk down some stairs from the pool area. The beach is lovely - narrow strip of sand but crystal clear waters and plenty of sunbeds and parasols (I think it cost us 12 Euro a day for three sunbeds and an umbrella).

There's a great supermarket onsite with everything you could need and it seemed to charge reasonable prices (unlike other onsite supermarkets I have used at other hotels).

We weren't really at the hotel for any evening entertainment but I think they have kareoke etc. The centre of Pefkos is about a ten minute walk away and there are plenty of bars and restaurants.
We went to a couple of restaurants in Pefkos and thought the best was Enigma and a little place overlooking the beach called Philosophia both served really lovely homemade greek food - the prawn saganaki at Enigma is amazing!!

We went into Lindos four out of the seven nights. It costs 9 Euro to get there in a taxi (and oddly 6 Euro to get back!!) and its well worth it. There are loads of bars and restaurants all in little mazey alleyways often leading up to gorgeous roof terraces. We found most of the restaurants a bit touristy with frozen food and lots of things like potato skins and spare ribs on the menu. But we found the best restaurant ever on the square where the taxi drops you (can't remeber the name now) but its openair with vines growing across the ceiling and just beautiful inside. The food was delicious with some traditional greek dishes (beef Youvetsi with orange zest was amazing) and other unusual dishes such as rabbit casserole and slow cooked pork belly with grape syrup - delicious!!

All in all a great holiday - very relaxing and would definitely go back!!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Reviewed Fri 3rd of September 2010

"Stayed for 11 nights at the Lindia Thalassa in a 2-bed apartment, top floor, lovely seaview. The apartment was very spacious. The actual complex is lovely and well set out. Pool bar and surroundings clean and everything nearby - didn't have to walk very far for anything. The beach is a very short walk away. Plenty to do in Pefkos, plenty of places to eat and drink. The down side with Lindia is the price of the air conditioning which you can't do without, especially in August with very high temperatures. This takes a large chunk out of your holiday money.
Would definitely return though."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

Fabulous, relaxing, friendly - one of of best holidays ever, can't wait to return.

Reviewed Tue 15th of September 2009

"Cannot fault the holiday in any way. Possibly have only one criticism - advertisement stated air conditioning. Yes there was air conditioning installed in apartment but only able to use on payment of 65 euros! The beach was great, water crystal clear. Our apartment was very nicely decorated and furnished. We were fortunate enough to have apartment over looking the bay. Wonderful views, breakfast on verandah. Would definitely return to this Hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of September 2009

Hotels near Lindia Thalassa Resort

Stayed at Lindia Thalassa Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Lindia Thalassa Resort

• denisbedson by denisbedson

"Has the feel of a quite resort but with enough bars and restaurants to keep you occupied. "

• denisbedson by denisbedson

"St pauls bay in lindos(thats where we got married) is worth visting "

• lyndar by lyndar

"ideal place for real chilled out holiday Pefkos is beautiful "

• lyndar by lyndar

"Terapis was superb we ate there 5 nights "

• Stephie83 by Stephie83

"A trip to the water park is a must for a fun filled day for all the family. "

• faringdonfollydolly by faringdonfollydolly

"friendly, good food, great beaches "

• faringdonfollydolly by faringdonfollydolly

"Enigma to eat out. and a must is rhodes town. "

• jb.1 by jb.1

"Can't miss scuba diving "

• maxgaz by maxgaz

"Personally, I consider it to be the nicest resort on the island. "

• maxgaz by maxgaz

"Several good restaurants but we did very little sightseeing, just relaxing. "

• Caza by Caza

"Try it and see - absolutely brilliant. "

Lindia Thalassa Resort is also called