Aegean Breeze Resort

Fanes 851 00 Greece

Good

super holiday for me and my husband

"Lots of thanks to the staff in the nautica blue hotel for the excellent holiday that we had there,great rooms,good food,very clean ,lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful landscape ,activities for every age, trips to other islands,lots of suvenirs and we loved it! Don't believe all the bad stuff some oldpeople say about this beautiful hotel,go for it and you woun't regret it,I can asure you that!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2010

relaxing moments in greece

"hello,i would like to say just some words about our sensational trip in greece .
i went there toghether with my daughter and son and we felt very good,we had a very good time there.
the conditions were upon our expectations,quiet rooms,good food,nice pools and lots of fun.the kids enjoyed it a lot ,we went visiting and swiming every day .
just go for it ,i definitley recommand this hotel to single mothers looking for relaxing themselfs !"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of June 2010

Would not go back.

"Have read the few reviews posted before we went, but thought that as the hotel had been built for almost a year that the snagging and other problems would have been resolved. We visited with friends between 12 - 26 May. The good points would have to be the staff, the style of the rooms and the food however, there were many issues that marred the holiday for us.
The hotel still had H & S issues, in our room alone the door handle to the shower room came away in your hand, the finishing off of the room was poor, there is water seeping into the wooden door, the floor is all the same material which was very slippy when wet, and the balcony rail was not fixed properly to the wall. In our friends room the bath was not even attached to the wall. The beds are also very low - our friend has a hip problem and found it difficult to get down to such a low bed. We asked if they could move room but were informed that all the beds were the same, however the reception staff did manage to get another mattress to the room to double up to make the bed higher which did help. The cleaners mopped the tiled floor leading to the buffet at 8am leaving the floor quite a hazard, one french lady slipped over on the wet floor and did serious damage to her wrist! There is no beach to speak of either.
The hotel is mainly occupied by French and German holidaymakers - we were in a minority and subsequently all the entertainment was centered round mainly the french and almost exclusively french was spoken. The dining room only had a certain amount of tables inside which seemed to be reserved for other groups so mostly had to sit outside which was ok if the weather was nice, but this is a windy resort and it got quite cool having to sit outside to have your evening meal - also get there early otherwise you have no chance of a decent table. The fish al a carte restaurant is placed right by the harbour, is very open and there is no choice of a menu - you just get what you are given. We did not bother with the italian as we were told you got pasta to start and pizza for your main course - too much carbs for an evening meal really.
Fanes village is approx a 15 - 20 mins walk away and has a small supermarket, grocers, hairdressers and chemist but is quite a trek if you are carrying anything heavy.
The minibar in the room at the hotel is just a fridge, there was not even a bottle of water in there. We had to buy this from the shop on site but after the initial outlay which was not cheap, we took the bottles to the snack bar or buffet and filled them from their supply. Also, you have to serve yourself for all your drinks except in the bar open in the evening which has few tables and chairs but lots of people. When we have been all inclusive in the past the waiters usually serve you drinks at the table if nothing else, but you don't get that here.
As there was so few of us at the hotel, the Thomas Cook rep was decidedly uninterested in giving us a welcome talk - just said 'what do you want to know and I will tell you'.
You can get a bus a few mins walk from the hotel on the main road into Rhodes Town for 3 euro's and takes about 40 mins, but be warned that on the return journey the bus drivers only drop you off back in Fanes, so you would have the 15-20 min walk back to the hotel. The trip to Symi Island is very good and it is a lovely place to visit. Although all this seems negative we did have a lovely relaxing time once we got over the little vagarities and the staff in the bar and snack bar were lovely."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

Super

"It is a magnificent hotel in a unique idyllic corner of the island. The food was amazing, the service unique and amazing rooms."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of June 2010

nautica blue

"i cant understand some people's gripe about this hotel. it is all down to your own personal taste. My husband and i enjoyed a chilled out week in the sun and met plenty of lovely people of all nationalities. All inclusive package we had no complainants plenty to eat and drink and choice to suite all. Yes i can understand the issue with regard to the restauant but we didnt find it an issue at all. The hotel staff are very friendly from front of house to the cleaners treat them how you would want to be treated and you are looked after very well. This hotel is situated on the beach and again agree not a very good beach the sea is very clear its just the pebble and seaweed situation which is to be excavated next year to make a man made beach. beautiful low rise hotel, 15 minutes from airport, two very nice pools. junior suites and shared private pool accommodation are fantastic and are all over looking the sea.
for peace and quite and families with small children a most beautiful place to be. would not recommed for teenages as no nightlife.

finally, yes still some outstanding Health and Safety issues but didnt stop us having a wonderful holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Do Not Go, This Place Is Dangerous !!!

"Me, my partner, our daughter and her grandparents visited here for two weeks. I was checking the progress of the hotel prior to our 'holiday' in the beginning of September as it looked likeley the hotel would not be finished and open in time. I now wish we had cancelled or the hotel had stayed closed until it was ready to open. As mentioned previousley in the reviews for the hotel it is a health and safety nightmare. This culminating in my 70 year old mother-in-law braking and dislocating her ankle in three places. The holiday companies sending people to this place should be ashamed, ultimateley it is their responsibility to ensure the accommodation is safe."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of September 2009

Location is lovely but teething problems exist at the Nautica Blue Hotel

Good

"Nautica Blue Hotel

The hotel was expected to open in May, at the start of the Rhodes holiday season, but actually opened around 16th July.
There are many signs of a rush to get the hotel finished and the lawns etc need time and watering to settle in and become flat. Parts of the hotel are still being finished and people are being moved in as soon as a room is useable. Items are being fitted or used as they are delivered. Most of this will not spoil your holiday.
The dining room could have been designed better, as there are too many people in one area getting drinks, plates, cutlery and toast. Most hotels duplicate everything of that sort to ease the congestion but the Nautica Blue has not been designed to allow that. There is one long serving area with starters at one end and sweets at the other. There is outside and inside dining.
The sea view outside is superb, and you can even see Turkey. We had some heavy rain which brought everybody inside, making it a lot busier. We needed wheelchair access which was ok for the most part, although the paths could be a lot smoother.

The main negative for us however, was the lack of hot water. This caused many complaints, and should have been a number one priority for the management, who appeared to be incapable of curing the problem. The water was cold early in the day when you wanted a morning shower, and was luke warm late in the afternoon when you wanted to wash off the sun-cream and prepare for the evening. Towards the end of our holiday, the water temperature did improve, and was quite warm late in the evening. It was never really hot enough though and did spoil the holiday.

The swimming pools are good. There is large pool and a children’s paddling pool at each side of the hotel surrounded by living accommodation, plus an indoor one in a centre building. The indoor one was not useable though, possibly because there were no steps, although it was full of water.

The hotel waiters, cleaners and reception staff are all friendly and hard working. Nobody works harder than the Dining room manager. He is a great guy. Some things such as the water problem were beyond their ability to fix though. There is a pool bar open during the day with a limited drink selection.

Two bars are open in the evening, but sometimes there are insufficient staff to cope with the guests orders. There is no waiter service. One could be cynical and say that this saves the hotel money on both staff and drink.

The guests can use a’ la carte fish restaurant once during their stay. We didn’t try it due to being close to, and perhaps downwind to, the smelly harbour. This plus reports about the head and tail being served attached to the fish and drinks not being part of the all inclusive deal, and being over expensive. One of our party asked for a cake in the main dining room for eight people to celebrate a birthday, and the price of the cake turned out to be very high.

That apart, there are many positives about the hotel and its location.
We loved the location, which is in the countryside and very remote. It is a really pleasant walk of over a mile to the nearest shop (there is a small shop in the hotel). During the walk you will pass fields of grapes, olives, figs, tomatoes, potatoes and at least another five other edible type of plant. Being in the country, you may hear a cockerel which lives at the nearest farm at 7am. The locals are very friendly.
At the main road is a bus stop to take a bus to Rhodes town and there are about two buses an hour from here. About 200 yards from the edge of the hotel past a harbour is another bus stop for a bus to Rhodes town. There are only two daytime buses from this stop plus another two in the evening. The bus fare is only 3 Euros for an adult. The taxi fare from Rhodes to the hotel is 24 Euros.

The local harbour is very nice but a bit scruffy. There is a smell from the area, but the local fishermen have let the harbour get messy and cleaning rubbish from the water may help the smell.

The beach near the harbour is really nice and clean, the sea here is quite safe, warm and clear. Kite surfing is very common here, and some windsurfing is also common. If you go into the sea here or in front of the hotel though, slippers are advisable due to being pebbly in places.
Overall, the hotel will be quite good in the future, but never five stars rating with the existing layout. We would not return there, but we never go back to any hotel as there are too many other places still to see. Water apart, we had a good relaxing holiday in a lovely location. We really liked Rhodes and will soon return to the island."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

Be advised, look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!

"My family and I booked to stay at the Nautica Blue but due to the unsatisfactory arrangements were relocated to another hotel after two nights. This hotel in my opinion would struggle to be classed as a three star establishment. These are some of the things my family and I felt about this facility.
The hotels accomadation has been doubled in number but most of the new buildings were not completed internally and workmen were on site continuously. As they finished a block, the occupants were moved in. Due to the increase of size, power cuts were frequent as the demand overloaded the supply. I understand a temporary generator was supplied to prevent this from reoccuring, shame about its continous noise.
Standard rooms have a shower compartment, 3 ft X 3 ft, and a wooden door and feels like broom cupboard. The actual sink and bath are open plan with the room and seperated only by a glass panel with blind a a small section of wall. This meant that if I wanted to bath, my teenage children would have to be banished elsewhere until I was finished or vice-versa. The rooms are kept claen by the staff.
There are two small outdoor pools, one of which is not completed, and not nearly enough sunbeds which leads to guests placing them on their patios to ensure their availability. There is an indoor pool which looked ok, alongsidesome keepfit equipment - one small multi-gym, two cycling machines and a running machine. There is a snack bar beside the usable pool which has drinks etc available on a self-service basis which was quite handy (soft drinks/beer/wine).
There is a lawned area with some poorly laid crazy-paving leading to the sea-front. There is nearly all very stoney seafront with debris washed up and hardly any sand. The wind is warm but quite brisk. The sea at this location is, in my opinion, not at all good for snorkelling and I would not class this as a 'Beach Holiday'..
The main restaurant is still the same size as before so when the number of residents are increased it may become a major problem. Also there was only one childs seat in the establishment. The food itself was repetitive, limited choice and of fairly average standard. It seemed to be the same menu every day. You are entitled to one meal in the al-la-carte fish restuarant which we left before trying. However the building is pretty dismal and did not look anything special.
There is a lobby bar, which we never saw open, and the main bar which only had two staff so the service was extremely slow.
The staff are pratically non-existent and it feels that they are concerned with completing the refubmishment rather than actually looking after the guests that are there.
I have taken lots of photos etc with regard to my complaints for my holiday company and will try to post them a.s.a.p."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of September 2009

It will be great when its finished and Heath & Safety is in place!

"Well really overall this was a good holiday although to be honest I am a bit concerned about the the safety there.

I have to say that I was delighted with the room, it was by far the best room I have ever stayed in with its contemporary look. I was a bit disappointed that it looked like there should have been a very large double bed ( judging by where the bedside tables were) but we had twin beds. I did ask if I could change it for a double but was told that there were no double beds at all at the hotel. Beds really comfortable too.Would have been a nice touch to have tea making facilities as I would expect from a 5 star.
The flat screen TV was very nice but it took us 4 days of calling in at reception morning and evening when we found that it did not work before we finally got it fixed by another couple explaining what we had to do . They were new TVs and had not been programmed in yet. The receptionist was very curt with us on a few occasions, at one time she sarcastically said " We will see if we can get it fixed for you by tomorrow so you can watch CNN" There was no written information at all in our room.
I do understand that that the TV is really geared up for the Germans as they are in the majority there. But I do like to occasionally put the TV on whilst away and would have watched CNN quite happily for the odd half hour.
There was an inside pool and gym which was not ready but looks very nice.
There was Wii Fi it would have cost 50 Euros for 7 days. You can buy for an hour or so.

Bathroom was lovely too with beautifully white fluffy towels ( even though the maid accidently took my beautiful 2 new white face cloths on the first day never to be seen again!) she did replace them but they were double the size and not really practical for that use. I think we had a whirlpool bath as well, we didn't know until I got home and looked up the web site for the hotel as it was not on Tripadvisor yet.

The food was also really lovely, everyday I was spoilt for choice. We were very glad that we had choose to go all inclusive.
I loved the way you could help yourself almost all day to ice cold drink of Diet coke, coke, soda, orange, orange aid, apple juice grapefruit juice, beer and I think it may have been wine too as well as selection of tea's and coffees. I think this is a great idea.
The sun beds were clean and comfortable and there were plenty near the beach too. The pool was lovely too.
The animation team I thought were very good. I particularly enjoyed watching some of the games and dances that went on around the pool area. I think they tries really hard to keep the children occupied.
There are many rooms where you can have your own pool, a shallow one for the children and a deeper one for you. It will be fabulous when finished I think as long as they sort out the problem of safety
Now for what concerns me; (Sorry but I am in charge of 3 to 5 year olds on a daily basis and am very concerned about this)
There are large area around the pool that you don't know until you walk in them that are about 3 inches deep with water as they are covered in grass. We watched many people walk or slip in them and then go and have to wash their feet, flip flops and even clothes where they had mud on them.If they fell they could land on concrete. Its as if an underground watering system is leaking. I really do think that someone should have had the courtesy and consideration to put a notice up of some kind. This could cause an accident. They did have 'wet floor' notices where they washed the floors.
Also there were lots of places to trip up, on a path that leads to the beach bar someone had dropped a bucket of concrete and it had just been left to dry on the path. Its ok in the day, but at night when you may be walking back from the amphitheater in the dark.
There are areas that are accessible to children that they could easily fall down, very very steep slopes, one was just by our room.
Also the huge patio doors in the restaurant are very easy to walk into as they do not have stickers on them warning people that they are not open. I saw two people try to walk through them with a plate of food and drink.
There were lengths of plastic piping, hoses strewn across paths as they are still building the other side of the complex, I saw them put water in the huge swimming pool there, but there was nothing to stop people from walking round there or a child falling in an empty pool before.
The most worrying of all was that when we were told where to put our suitcases the day we were leaving. We walked into a room by the reception. I was looking for a space to put my case and thought I saw a space, Then I noticed that it was a sheer drop of about 20 foot. I couldn't believe it, so much so I went back in there to take a photograph!
imagine someone with impaired vision or a small child helping mummy & daddy!
To be honest I would usually made a complaint about the sorts of things I saw but I thought that the receptionist (apart from the young one) were rude and arrogant to us, and I think like my TV it would have fallen on deaf ears.
One last thing, if it's a beach you like ( like I do) it is not really a very nice beach, in fact to use the overheardwords of a child about 8 years old " The beach is rubbish!" It is in fact stones and you will definately need shoes on to go for a swim. The sea is not that nice with seaweed and overlooks a jetty.
But if you like the pool all day you will be quite happy with it I think, although they do play music a lot of the time which didnt bother us as it was quite good music.
All in all it was a nice holiday but I do hope they sort out the safety issues soon."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of August 2009

Nautica blis!

"This was by far the best holiday me and my family have ever been on. After a short 4 hour flight from exeter airport to Diagoras airport and a quick 20 minute taxi we propmtly arrived at our desination at 4:30am (but still buzzing!!!). After being checked in at the reception lobby we had our bags taken and escorted to our rooms.
After a sleep we realised the outstanding beauty of the new resort and the sceneory surrounding it while enjoying a wide selection of breakfast options at the buffet, sitting outside the resturant on the balcony tables admiring the sea view. With full stomachs we got our sunbeds sitting at the spacious pool area where we met four or five freindly famlies straight away. With a good crowd and a relaxing morning we made our way up to lunch where the food was AMAZING! The selection was massive and everyone was filling up their plates (or even two!!!). Back at our sunbeds we soon joined in with the entertainment from the animation team, who are credits to the hotel, in waterpollo and football tennis as well as a varity of other activies which took up the whole afternoon!
Dinner was again amazing. The theme was greek night so after enjoying the greek food (there were still other foods if you don't enjoy greek food), we expierenced the culture of greek dances with professional dancers performing them and afterwards getting everyone involved!
Every other day was just as good with much to do for the family and many activies going on. We also spent a day in old rhodes town which was fascination and a day at the best waterpark we've ever been to, which was in falariki. Unfortunatly we didn't have chance to do any boat or other trips because we were so involved with everything going on at the hotel!
This holiday really was fab! everyone was freindly, we met a large social crowd who were all really outgoing, there was stuff for everyone of all ages and tastes going on, many trips were availible to do, the hotel was very clean and very safe for younger childing, all the staff very were freindly and social whilst still being professional nd the food really was AMAZINGLY GEORGEOUS!!!
Were all missing it already and are counting down the days untill we go back next year :D!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2009

Hotels near Aegean Breeze Resort

Stayed at Aegean Breeze Resort? Share your insight.

Aegean Breeze Resort is also called