We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Yota Beach Hotel

Vliha, Vlycha, Lindos 85107 Greece

Good

I took my daughter and son to the Yota l...

"I took my daughter and son to the Yota last year we had a fabulous lazy holiday, it was wonderful.

Tasos and wife and the rest of the staff were fantastic. The Pool is so clean and big and as it’s a small hotel it cannot ever get overcrowded.

The Hotel is off the beaten track so lovely and quiet, and only a few Euros to get in to Lindos. Don’t try walking up the hill for the buses at midday. Absolute killer.

My son and I were really lucky that day, a local gave us a lift to the bus stop we were eternally grateful.

Anyway the hotel its self, is so bright and airy. As for people moaning about the telly situation... Stay at home if you want to watch the telly!!

I cannot wait to go back this year only 38 Sleeps! And I’m pretty sure we will see some of the people who were there last year.

Try the Kleftico (lamb) mmhmm divine!!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

We loved this hotel which is situated on...

"We loved this hotel which is situated on the beachfront. The staff were friendly even toward the end of the season! Yes, perhaps the rooms could have done with a little more thorough cleaning and our bathroom had seen better days, but for a cheap, easy holiday, you can't beat this hotel! The food was wonderful - we put on so much weight in a week (I can recommend the Lamb Souvlaki)!

I agree about the TV - need a few more English channels, but hey, you can always make your own entertainment - Lindos is only a few euros away!

Beach is lovely and never overcrowded. Sea is beautiful and clean.

Not everyone is going to be happy with everywhere, but for the money we paid, we had a lovely, peaceful, relaxing hols - who could say more? We will definitely return (someday)!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006

Having just returned from staying at Yot...

"Having just returned from staying at Yota Beach I would highly recommend this lovely place. Staff were wonderful, food very good and reasonably priced.

Our apartment was excellent and clean and the view from our balcony was just wonderful. We are already looking into going back in September.

The resort itself is very quiet with Lindos approx 10 mins in a taxi for 9 Euros you can pick and choose whether you want lively or not. This was by far the best package holiday I have ever had!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

Having just returned from 3 weeks at thi...

"Having just returned from 3 weeks at this delightful little family run hotel I cannot wait to rebook for next year. Our room was large, comfortable and clean with a view to die for.

The room maid, a lovely lady called Irienne could not do enough for us, even to the point of cleaning our personnel coffee mugs daily. The menu produced by this small hotel was a delight to sift through, very extensive, and the food a delight to eat.

The waiters and bar staff could not do enough for you, fetching cold cocktails to your sunbed around a lovely, clean and large swimming pool that never seemed crowded or noisy. The owner, Tasos and his lovely wife were always on the go, trying to keep everyone happy, fed and watered. I have read some of the previous comments and find those about the owners to be totally unfounded. On holiday I have always found it to be the case that if you speak to the locals they will speak to you, try it sometime.

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of November 2005

This is situated just outside (about a 3...

Good

"This is situated just outside (about a 30 min walk) from the main town of Lindos. Although it sounds far out its only about 4km and the walk has great views over Lindos and the Vlicha Bay. It has the advantage of having a pool (many don't) and it's own beach right across the road and it's quite peaceful to lie and get brown in! The main beach in Lindos is very very crowded!

The hotel itself is very good with good food (cheap caraff's of excellent wine of which we had about 20!) and a maid service everyday!

All in all a great little find!

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

The Yota Beach hotel was well situated i...

Good

"The Yota Beach hotel was well situated in the small village of Vlicha, just a couple of miles away from the main town of Lindos. I found this attractive as you could choose to have a quiet day at Vlicha beach or a lively day at Lindos beach.

However, despite the family-run hotel accommodation being relatively new and modern, I felt the service offered let itself down. Although the maid came 6 out of 7 days during our visit, she failed to change the bedding and towels throughout the duration of our stay and only ever mopped the floor (without sweeping) and cleaned the bath. On one particular day, I challenged her that we had run out of toilet roll and was instructed to go to the supermarket??? I appreciate we were self catering but felt this took the biscuit for a supposedly 4 star hotel.

Also upon arrival at the hotel we were not informed that the air conditioning was only provided at an extra hidden stealth charge and we spent the first night very uncomfortable and sweating profusely. We were then charged 48 euros to have air conditioning for the remainder of the week. I found the owner not to be the most polite of people, but the other staff were very nice.

The food at the restaurant was very nice but priority was given to locals and you could find yourself waiting for up to 40 minutes or so for a sandwich. We found a lovely little tavern at the hotel next door which had a fantastic view over the bay and was just as pleasant.

All in all, if they got there act together on the cleaning aspect I would definitely recommend this hotel but at this present moment in time would choose other accommodation.

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

An unpretentious little hotel in one of...

Good

"An unpretentious little hotel in one of the loveliest settings I’ve ever stayed in. The views from the balcony right round the bay, watching sunrise over the Aegean from your bed - pure magic.

The rooms are quite basic, and could do with a bit of a makeover, but we found them clean and comfortable.

The walk into Lindos is spectacular (apart from speeding lorries and motorbikes!) but not to be done -as we did- at midday. Mad dogs and Englishmen...

This is THE perfect place. Beautiful quiet pool with views over the beach and sea -very clean and a good size, a shingle beach which is never crowded, but the bright lights of Lindos and those wonderful rooftop restaurants are only minutes away.

Thoroughly recommended for a romantic time!

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

We stayed in the self-catering studios,...

Good

"We stayed in the self-catering studios, which were of excellent standard - clean and spacious with a beautiful view over the Vlicha beach. Location of the hotel was great; it was a five-minute cab ride away from Lindos centre, which is buzzing with shops, restaurants, bars and a busy sandy beach. However if you wanted some peace and quiet you could stay in Vlicha. We ended up going into Lindos every night to enjoy meals on the rooftop restaurants!

The hotel has its own pool with a bar - it would have been better with a bit of music, but it was still nice. The only thing that let this hotel down was some of the service. There was never anyone at reception, so you had to interrupt the people working the restaurant to ask anything. At one stage we wanted to pay for Air Con, but the woman didn’t really understand what we were saying! On our check out day we had to wait hours to find out if we were able to keep our rooms on for longer and the owner was not very friendly.

In the end though, we were able to use a room to freshen up before our flight. The rest of the staff were very helpful and friendly - always making polite conversation and looking happy!

All in all though, great little place, weren’t disappointed.

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004

The Yota Beach is a lovely small family...

"The Yota Beach is a lovely small family run hotel right on the beach in Vlicha bay (near Lindos).

The rooms were ‘ok’ but could have been made a lot better of they were cleaned properly! The floors were very dusty and the bathroom needed a damn good clean... as did the fridge / crockery. -This was pointed out to our rep but nothing was done about it.

The fact that the air con was an extra 8 euros a day plus the fact that the TV had no English channels on it (even though 90% of the visitors were from the UK) makes me wonder if it should have been rated as four star by Thomas Cook.

Would definitely visit Lindos / Rhodes again... but not this hotel... which is a shame because it’s size and location means it *could* have been perfect."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004

Whilst staying at Yota Beach for two wee...

"Whilst staying at Yota Beach for two weeks my family had a lovely time, the staff were helpful and kind, the food was brilliant, the pool was big and the area around the pool was not overcrowded really quiet and peaceful it was also very clean one of the cleanest pools I have ever used abroad. There is a pebble beach just across the road which is lovely and quiet, which is great as the nearest beach (in Lindos) is very small so it is over crowded and busy.

Anyone who is thinking about going to Yota beach I would recommend it fully."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Hotels near Yota Beach Hotel

Stayed at Yota Beach Hotel? Share your insight.