What can I say, second time at Ville De...

Reviewed Fri 3rd of November 2006

"What can I say, second time at Ville De Lindos and already booked again for 2007.
Irene and her family, especially her twin sons, make you feel so welcome and can’t do enough for you.

The apartments are spotless and in August air conditioning was a must as it actually reached 40deg+ on a few days. The pool area is excellent and there are plenty of beds and parasols without having to go down early and put towels on them.

I would definitely recommend hiring a car to see more of this beautiful island, and if going out for some lunch try Lees bar and restaurant right on Pefkos Beach. Their Gyros plates are brilliant and very inexpensive

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of November 2006

We have just recently got back from 1 we...

Good
Reviewed Wed 16th of August 2006

"We have just recently got back from 1 week self-catering based at the Ville De Lindos which is between Lindos and Pefkos. The villas were fantastic and the family that owns them were really friendly and we were even greeted with a free welcome drink!

Although we tended to go out most evenings, we stayed around the villas during the day and could not really fault anything. Our villa was a stone throw away from the swimming pool so we had a fantastic view, we had the pleasure of being in between 2 resorts so the choice of either but no noisy or rowdy holiday makers - it was ideal for families and couples who are after a quiet break. Taxis were only 5 Euros to either resort and we caught the bus quite a few times as well.

I was really impressed with the accommodation, it was clean and had everything, enough dishes and plenty of storage room - the only thing I did miss was having a toaster so if you like your toast, you may want to take your own toaster.

I would recommend this accommodation to anyone and would not think twice about going back there for a holiday. Ours was a late deal accommodation on arrival and the holiday exceeded all my expectations so thank you Thompson."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of August 2006

I can't think of one negative thing to s...

Reviewed Mon 31st of July 2006

"I can't think of one negative thing to say about the complex.

It has everything you can wish for and more.

The apartments, quite simply, didn't belong in Greece. Having been to various Greek Islands I was expecting nothing more than the usual 'Basic but Clean' rooms. However the rooms were fantastic. Apart from being the biggest apartment I’ve come across they had plenty of storage ie cupboards etc, Decent bathroom with well above average shower facilities (a bath which prevented any spillage from the shower) along with a Hairdryer, which brought a smile from the other half. Very good kitchen facilities i.e. 2 Hobs, Fridge along with a large collection of dishes and cutlery and an ample dining area. The apartments also had a very good sized bed area which lead out onto a large balcony with unbelievable views.

At your disposal there is a Huge pool (along with a children’s pool), Snack Bar (Showing Sky TV on request), Sheltered Pool Table, Supermarket (all be it, small) and also a BBQ which takes place every Thursday.

The family running the place were very helpful and very nice people. In actual fact, for one reason or another we couldn’t get a taxi into Lindos one night so a relative of the family gave us a lift in.

The previous mentioned 'Downside' of the complex is its location. It is a 20/25 minute walk into Pefkos Beach/Pefkos and 25/30 minute walk into Lindos St Pauls Bay/Lindos Beach. However we found it ideal - Walking into Pefkos/Lindos and back during the day and having taxi's there and back in the evening. Taxi's were costing 6 or 7 Euros from the complex (inc. call out charge) into Pefkos/Lindos and 5 Euros back. A few people have mentioned using the bus for 1 Euro but being a party of 4, i preferred to pay an average of under 2 Euros for the taxi's - especially as the taxi's are more often than not, top of the range Mercedes.

The nicest beach for me was Pefkos Main Beach although there is a beach situated approx 10 mins away from the complex towards Lindos and, although I didn’t go there myself, people informed me it was nice although a bit shingly.

We also found a nice Pool/Snack Bar in Pefkos which was situated on the Main Beach Road, called Oasis Pool Bar. This place is definitely worth a visit."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

I really really enjoyed myself here...th...

Reviewed Mon 17th of July 2006

"I really really enjoyed myself here...the hotel is owned and run by a family who are extremely friendly.

it is abit of a walk from Lindos town but it is really easy to get the bus there and anywhere else you fancy going. Although the buses can be crammed with people and a mini hand held fan is a gift from god when riding the bus. Alternatively you can take a taxi, which is fairly cheap...it cost me only 40euros for a 1hour taxi journey to Rhodes town.

Thomson offer lots of different day trips 2 participate in and the water park is a must do for any families with kids or even if your just still a big kid at heart like myself and my friends.

There are some really good bars and clubs in Lindos town centre but if you do get the chance a trip to Rhodes Town is a must for the night life! Colorado night club was really good fun and offers something for everyone. With rooms for live music, R&B and dance/trance it fulfils everyone’s tastes. The hotel also has a well equipped bar and plays good music which makes it a relaxing yet buzzing atmosphere to watch the sun go down.

Overall I really enjoyed the hotel...the staff where friendly and inviting. And as the place is quite small, you begin to feel like one big family with the other guests and the staff. Myself and my friends are planning to return every summer from now on.

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

Just returned from a fabulous one week h...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"Just returned from a fabulous one week holiday at the Ville di Lindos. This was a last minute deal allocated on arrival. My partner and myself could not have wished for better accommodation. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Lovely pool, bar and restaurant. The rooms were functional and spotlessly clean. The apartments are between Lindos and Pefkos so are a little isolated, we liked this. There is a bus, which stops at the end of the road, this will take you to anywhere from the next town (1.10 euro service stops 8pm) or all the way to Rhodes town, which is about an hour away from Lindos (4.10 euro last bus is 6pm to Lindos). Taxis are easily ordered at reception (Pefkos/Lindos 6 euro average) plenty of tour operator trips available, but these can be booked locally and cost a lot less. Overall the island and resort were lovely and I will definitely return again.

HOT TIP!

If you arrive after nightfall please ensure that you get a definite room number from your tour operator as there is no receptionist after midnight. I would advise you take a torch as it is quite dark especially after 2am (approx). Another tip, if it is very hot weather we would recommend you pay for the air conditioning (payable locally), which is 10 euros per night, 50 euros for the week or 80 euros for 2 weeks. Sounds a lot but well worth it! HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY! 11/09/05"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005