Ville di Lindos

Psalto, Lindos 851 00 Greece

Good

5th time at Ville Di Lindos !!

"Once again another fantastic holiday at Ville Di Lindos with Irene, Yannis and the boys. The biggest disappointment is that they have sub-leased the apartments to an italian company for 2010 and they have fully booked the whole of July and August. They are also catering for half board now which is not for everyone if you like trying all the different restaurants in Lindos/Pefkos.
We've been to Ville Di Lindos 5 times now and are very sad we won't be back staying there in August. We've booked other apartments nearer the village, but will definitely go along for a drink and see Irene and family when we're there. They've become like old friends !

• Travel date: Sun 31st of January 2010

Going back next year

"We booked everything independently including transfers. 14 in total made up of three families with 'children' between the ages of 14 and 20. What made the holiday was the small and perfectly formed nature of Ville Di Lindos and Irene and family who were the best of hosts. I'm writing this review 11 months after the holiday as I stumbled across the site when browsing the net and looking forward to my August 2009 holiday which is a return to Ville Di Lindos for the same three families. Readers note that we ae not the sort of family to return to a place year after year after year and our decision to return really says it all. "

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

THE VILLE DE LINDOS, GREECE EXPERIENCE.

Good

"Stunning scenery & surroundings, beautifully kept, clean appartments, maids are very friendly, cooking facilities not great, Telephone & TV did not work at all, very steep air conditioning & room extra day prices, terrible trouble with Mosquito biting, no entertainment at appartments, beaches are superb as is nightlife in Lindos, Pefkos & Lardos, bus service is infrequent & poor, taxi service is reasonable but mounts up over time & some drivers try to charge you more than they should so uou need to get to know the set prices, Restaurants & Tavernas in Lindos village, Pefkos & Lardos are top draw, like most places if you have money people are nice but if not then they are so so, in summary, Lindos is a stunning place to stay, Rhodes is nice but not as good as places such as Skiathos & Kefalonia. "

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

We have just returned from a fantastic h...

Good

"We have just returned from a fantastic holiday in the Ville de Lindos. We were lucky enough to have a studio apartment with an upstairs and downstairs. The apartments were very spacious and clean. The restort itself was probably the nicest place I have ever stayed at and the pool was fantastically clean and well maintained, and there were more than enough sun loungers for all, the staff wre very friendly. O.k. now the downside, for a self catring holiday we had a choice of only 2 hobs, no grill, no microwave which made actually cooking a nice meal difficult. Meals from the resort were nice but fairly expensive with a burger and fires about 8 euro and a bottle of beer 3.5 euro. It is a very difficult walk (especially in heat and it does get hot!) about 20mins to Pefkos and about 40mins to Lindos town. I would not undertake any of these walks if your not fit or if you have small children as the route can be steep and there are no pavements. Taxis to the resorts and back would cost you about 12 euros a day so I would consider hiring a car. The resorts are fantastic with the historic Lindos really traditional and interesting and to nice purpose built resort Pefkos (cheaper then Lindos) very friendly with lots of places to eat and drink! All in all I would definatley return but would hire a car!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

i have just returned back from my 1st ho...

"i have just returned back from my 1st holiday with a 9 month old baby and what a pleasant experience it was. the staff at the hotel were amazing they couldnt do enough for my whole family.we are already planning our next visit to the hotel. irene is an amazing lady and runs a very tight ship! we were there for a wedding and our friends were staying at a 5* hotel but they prefered to come to us.i would recommend this place to everyone, the only downside was its a little way out to the beach."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

My boyfriend and I have just got back fr...

Good

"My boyfriend and I have just got back from a great 2 week holiday. The accomodation was great but there are a few things that we did not discover in any of the reviews we read when booking our holiday about Ville Di Lindos which we feel are important to others who may want a similar holiday to what we were after...

Although you are told in advance the air con is payable locally, be prepared for shock with the price - 10 euros a day or 60 euros for a week. When you are staying for 2 weeks and the temperature is up in the 40s (so any time in July or August) you cannot do without it and this was a huge dent out of our spending money.
...As were all the taxi fares - we were under the impression from the guides etc that we were a lot nearer the beaches than we actually were. It is too hilly and too hot to hire push bikes or walk in the daytime so the only way to get to either Lindos or Pefkos beach is by taxi. At 10-15 euros per return journey everyday this also mounts up. So if you prefer to go to the beach rather than sit by the pool everyday, then do take this into consideration. If you are looking for a beach holiday where you can walk to the beach I would recommend you look for a place in Pefkos and save yourself a load of taxi fares. There is nothing outside of Ville Di Lindos unless you walk for 30 mins or get a taxi. If you're ok with all of that then i would highly recommend Ville Di Lindos as they were very spacious, all have balconies facing the pool and the sea in the distance and a maid service every day.

Both Lindos and Pefkos are great - lots of nice places to eat and both have sandy beaches. Lee Beach Restaurant (in Pefkos), Caesars & Cyprus restauants in Lindos were all great.

We would highly recommend the 4x4 jeep excursion (which we found out through a different tour operator) and also the Castaway boat trip.

Don't let the earthquake or the fires put you off - it's a great place to vistit and we had a fantastic time.

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

If you want a chill out relaxing hot and...

"If you want a chill out relaxing hot and sunny holiday then this is perfect. Irene and her family and staff make it a joy to be on holiday. Wonderful place with good food if you want it but no pressure to do anything. Easy to get to Lindos (fantastic place) or pefkos great place but a contrast to Lindos. Both have beaches, places to eat and trips.

Advice would be to book trips from the agent in Lindos (Rodos Cars) not from the Thomas Cook Rep (and save dosh) and pick your restaurant - listen to other guests. But we can recommend Accopolis and Ceasars in Lindos and the Teverna above the bakery and Lees in Pefkos.

Main problem is finding a package to Ville de Lindos and package prices vary a lot - check out different airports, going from Gatwick might save you £200 pp.

I wish I was back there.

Roger (Sheffield)"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Its nice to see that this hotel has cons...

"Its nice to see that this hotel has consistantly good reviews we went or a week and never wanted to come home. We were bounced from a previous hotel due to overbooking and I have never been so delighted with the replacement. FAmily run and run wel. Cant priase enough. We were there for a week but the staff were great and the rooms clean for the whole stay. One issue is the distance from Rhodes town but it makes the place I felt as its quiete and peacefull"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Fantastic!!!! We have just returned fro...

"Fantastic!!!!

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa De Lindos. Best holiday ever, couldn't fault anything.....rooms were spacious and clean with lovely views of the sea and pool. The family and staff were very friendly and helpful.

The villa is in a lovely quiet setting (as one guest described it....paradise)between Lindos and Pefkos but buses and taxis are cheap and readily available (although buses dont always run on time!).

All in all a wonderful holiday....wish we were still there! Will definitely be going back."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

We have just returned from a weeks stay...

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa De Lindos for our honeymoon.It was absolutely perfect.We were greeted with a chilled bottle wine in our sea view/pool/mountain view upper floor room which was ideallic.The staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming. The swimming pool was a lovely,calm,relaxing and extremely pleasant area with amply sunbeds at all times and never busy.We hired a car for three days and did some island touring, along with some relaxation on the many pretty beautiful beaches along the coast. All in all a very very memorable honeymoon, one that we shall never forget. So many thanks Villa De Lindos ! From Mr and Mrs Allan !"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2008

I have just returned from the best holid...

"I have just returned from the best holiday of my life! Having only ever been to Corfu I thought Greece was going to be awful.

The Villa Di Lindos was like a home away from home, clean and very comfortable. It is a family owned resort and the family were wonderful, my partner and I were so pleased that he had chosen the place.

Lindos its self only being 5 minutes away by Taxi is the so beautiful it took our breath away. It was so romantic we got engaged in the loveliest place ever. Word can never describe the place and hospitality we were shown.

The only bad point was the tour operators coach failing to pick us up on the way home, but Irini the owner of the resort came to the rescue and a friend of here took us to the airport.

I can’t tell you how perfect this place is, go, and see yourself!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

When we first arrived we thought we were...

"When we first arrived we thought we were in the middle of nowhere!

However once we got our bearings, the location could not have been better for Us. It is 2 minutes from a main road between Lindos and Pefkos (15 minute walk to Pefkos - a bit hilly- and 30 minutes flat walk to Lindos).

The owner, Irini could not have been nicer, very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble and she was always there and available but not in your face. Her twin sons and staff were also very helpful.

The pool was more often than not, empty or 2 people at the most and the sunbeds were not on top of each other!

Due to the peaceful location we had very restful nights, and I even needed 2 blankets because the evenings were cool, being the first week of the season, however the sun was out for us during the day. Meals were well presented and generous portions.

One of the bonus's for me was the bath - a luxury, I expected just a shower. The rooms were spacious for 2 of us, clean, not brand new furniture as it has been open 15 years but all in all - value for money!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Hotels near Ville di Lindos

Stayed at Ville di Lindos? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ville di Lindos

• MAN UTD by MAN UTD

"Glystra beach is superb, plenty of superb rooftop restuarants in Lindos village to be sampled "

• droll by droll

"Lindos rooftop restaurants were very hot in the evening. Pefkos restaurants cooler in the temperatue "

• droll by droll

"Watching a chilled glass of Amstell slowly warm up in the shade of the Ville Di Lindos poolside bar. "

Ville di Lindos is also called

• Ville Di Lindos Apartments