Good
Good

Paradise Found

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"We loved this hotel so much! We only got to stay in Lindos for two nights, which seemed fine, until we saw and spent time at the Melenos Lindos. It is so beautiful. The rooms are amazing and the gardens around the property are fantastic. The staff is warm, welcoming, extremely helpful and Mr. Melenos is a charmer ;) We would absolutely like to return here someday and would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009

Best of the Best!!!!

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"This hotel is Spectacular. It is beautiful inside and out! The views are amazing. The staff will take care of anything you need! They even give you a cell phone when you arrive so that if you need anything while you are out you can call the hotel and they will take care of whatever it is. The food was excellent, the rooms were gorgeous. Lindos is a fabulous village and staying at The Melenos will make any vacation to Lindos all the more memorable."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

Melenos Lindos Hotel, Lindos, Rhodes, Greece

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at the magnificent Melenos, Lindos Hotel on the island of Rhodes in Greece. Words cannot express the majestic and tranquil setting and enchanting rooms, twelve in all and all unique with decks overlooking the Aegean Sea. The staff is like family. The eating facilities are first class. The town of Lindos is charming with plenty of shops, both tourist and artisan to satisfy the pickiest of shoppers. Everything within walking distance including the beautiful sand beaches (no rocks!). Or, if you tire of walking, there are plenty of donkeys if you wish to take a ride up to the historical ancient acropolis that sits atop the hill. There is waterskiing and wake-boarding for those who wish an athletic endeavor and plenty of restaurants and late night bars in the quaint cobblestoned town to appeal to all ages. We learned that the town has become a wedding destination for many couple. I highly suggest logging into their website www.melenoslindos.com to see first hand just how special this jewel overlooking the Aegean is."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2009

Fall in love with Melenos Lindos!

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"This is our second stay at the glorious hotel. What's not to like---the hotel itself is gorgeous, the scenic beauty its location affords, the food is wonderful and the staff are so friendly and accommodating. They truly make you feel like family. The service is wonderful---they met every need we had with graciousness. You will never want to leave! This is a don't miss hotel for the traveler to Rhodes. I cannot give it a stronger recommendation."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of May 2009

Melenos Llindos - the very best!

Reviewed Sat 9th of February 2013

"If you search for the perfect hotel, a small one, a quiet one and an absolutely exquisite one, in every aspect, this is the one! Go!

The buildings are so excellent, it's hard to imagine it took "only" about 15 years to create it.

The staff is always there, but you don't notice them - we had a hard time trying to figure out how this was done!

Mr Melenos himself is around and you just want to hug him! More of Mr Melenos kind, thank you! And thank you Mr Melenos for having created this lovely oasis!

We strongly recommend this establishment!

Agneta & Peter Treulsen
Sweden"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of December 2008

Beautiful but service could have definitely been better

Reviewed Sun 20th of January 2013

"The things that we loved about Melenos:

The location is really magical. It's tucked away from the rest of the hustle and bustle on a hilltop that just can't be beat. The rooms and appointments are charming and the breakfast on the patio is absolutely delicious and served by the most accomodating staff. Those elements alone are enough to qualify Melenos as one of the leading small hotels of the world.

Now, as to what we were disappointed by:

Upon arrival, we were graciously greeted and asked to wait while the room was being prepared. We had booked one of the Honeymoon suites but were delighted to find that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The suite came with one master bedroom, another bedroom adjacent to it and a patio deck. Having just travelled to Melenos from Crete, we decided to take a short nap and found about a quarter cup of sand scattered atop the sheets of our king bed. When we called the front desk about this, they alerted us that they would come to take care of it right away. They came very promptly but, instead of changing the sheets as I expected, they merely pulled back the comforter and dusted off the sheets with their hands. Needless to say, there was still sand on our sheets. To cure this, we asked for a change in sheets and just did it ourselves.

I was a little taken aback by this episode and thereupon decided to check the bathroom for cleanliness. What I found was half used lotions and bathgels left from the previous guests that were placed in the "tube" holders (you'll understand this reference if you choose to stay here). What I mean by this is not that the lotions were all over the bathroom, just that the half used containers had been replaced as if new. I am pretty easy-going and would not ordinarily be bothered by this at, say, a Hyatt, but at a hotel that is charging in excess of 400 a night? It was just unacceptable.

These two events all happened within 30 minutes of our arrival and really tainted how both of us felt about the hotel overall. I guess that first impressions are hard to shake. We had an otherwise lovely stay at this hotel for the remainder of our stay but would not recommend it to our friends (nor would we choose to stay here again).

Also, to those who are curious as to why Melenos has changed over the last year: management has changed. Melenos was recently purchased by the same conglomerate that runs and owns Katikies (on Santorini) and several other small leading hotels of the world. That is probably why some of the service is less personal than it used to be. Instead of being owned by an individual proprietor, Melenos is now run by a corporation.

I hope this helps you. We recommend eating at Mavrikos if you are staying in Melenos. And, if you are going to Santorini, check out Katikies. It is breathtaking and service is impeccable."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

The Most Romantic Honeymoon!

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"We stayed here for five nights at the beginning of our honeymoon and can't say enough wonderful things about it. Our room (number 12) was very well appointed with traditional Lindian decor and a spectacular view of Lindos Bay below. Upon our arrival we immediately felt very welcomed by the gracious staff. They were continually coming up with ways to make us feel like very special guests. They arranged a car for us, a private boat trip with a picnic lunch included, a wine tasting and massages. The restaurant was top notch - our original intention was to eat there once and find other places in town for the rest of our stay, but the cuisine, service and ambiance were just so perfect that we ended up going back each night except for one night that we spent in Rhodes town. Things we highly recommend - definitely take a boat out for a day. We were able to go by ourselves with no guide to a private little beach just down the coast and have a beautiful picnic lunch with a bottle of wine. As touristy as it is, make sure you ride the donkeys up to the acropolis - great views! St. Paul's bay - it's a fun walk through the town of Lindos and a beautiful protected cove to swim in. Wine tasting - the staff was really up to par on their knowledge of Greek wines and we had a blast learning about their unique wine culture. Overall it was an outstanding experience which we will never forget and always be thankful for."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of February 2008

Great getaway

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"Beautiful small hotel with charming design details. Rooms are large with beautiful antiques from the owner's collection. Loved the architecture and design--very unique and very reflective of the island's historical legacy. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. The food was excellent from the breakfast served al fresco on the patio to the rooftop restaurant. The latter is very high-end with a deep wine list. The walk to the beach was good exercise, to put a positive spin on it.
Overall, the hotel is perfect for a romantic get away. I have recommended it to my friends."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of November 2007

Absolutely Beautiful & Fantastic Service

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"My husband and I spent 9 days in mid July at the wonderful Melenos Lindos hotel. If you are thinking Four Seasons or something like that ,this is not that type of hotel. If you are looking for a small 5 star property that is luxurious,sophisticated, intimate, beautiful with fantastic service this is definitely the place to stay. We have traveled all over the world and stayed in the most exclusive places but this was one of our best experiences. We took a taxi from the airport - about 40 minutes to Lindos and 40 Euros- we had called ahead that we are arriving and since you can't drive to the front of the hotel we were met in the main Square of Lindos by the lovely receptionist Natasha and the hotel driver who whisked our luggage away- he drives the hotel pick up truck which he incredibly navigates through these beautilful white narrow streets. After about a 7 minute guided walking tour from Natasha- the last part is up hill- we arrived at the incredibly beautiful Melenos Lindos. This hotel property really looks like a village within a village. Our suite was beautifully decorated - plenty of space -, incredible views. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and really tried to meet every need- we felt like they were family. Whatever we wanted or needed we got- laptop computer, ride to the Square- I liked the Melenos tee shirts thestaff were wearing - I asked if I could have one- two were waiting in our room that evening. The breakfast menu is varied and very good and our service from Peri the most friendly waiter was always with a smile. We ate dinner twice at the lovely hotel rooftop restaurant and the food was excellent. I would also like to say that the Bar Tender Kostas made terrific drinks and also anything we requested. Marina, the front office manager ,assisted us with all that we needed. Michalis Melenos, the owner and the person who created this incredible hotel was also always there - friendly and ready to help us with information or give us any suggestions.
Our stay at the Melenos Lindos was fabulous, we have wonderful memories and hope to return next year."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

Incredibly Beautiful Melenos Lindos

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Melenos Lindos for 4 nights of our honeymoon in early June. This is a gorgeous property where everything is done just so. I felt like I was vacationing where celebrities would vacation. The hotel upgraded us, so that we were in one of their most fabulous rooms, Suite 12. Staying here was one of the most memorable parts of our honeymoon and well worth the trip.

A few small criticisms: 1) Internet access. Although the hotel promised internet access, they were not well set up for it. Also, after repeated inquiries by us about it, some of the staff seemed irritated. 2) The restaurant. Very expensive, small portions, and the staff seemed put out that we weren't ordering more than we did."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

A memorable time

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a week at the Melenos Lindos and felt like having returned to earth from heaven. I reached Lindos in the middle of the night due to a flight delay, and again I have to blame air companies. Luckily I promptly notified the hotel reception, they sent a taxi at the airport and a member of the staff picked me up from the square and carried my luggage through a sleeping village. This wasn’t my first visit to Greece, but immediately I realised that both hotel’s standards in comfort and cleanliness were perfect. The location is idyllic, great sea view from a quiet and secluded place, in a village invaded by thousands of noisy day trippers. In this exceptional scenery, you can move through several cosy places, sit in colourful Turkish style sofas under the pergola and, for my taste, read a book by the shade of a silent fig tree, where the only speaking companionship is the flow of water spurting from the nearby tiled fountain. The Hotel staff has been reasonably helpful and cooperative. I only had one meal at the restaurant on the roof terrace, the menu is incomparable and unique in this part of the island. I intentionally left home my lap top so everything was perfect up to Mihalis’s arrival, the hotel’s friendly owner who thought to make me a favour sliding on my knees a wi-fi notebook pc exclusively reserved for guests. Nevertheless, it was like surfing the web from paradise.."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

A village within the village.

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Melenos Lindos is an amazing handmade hotel which adds with its luxury more than what we expected in the traditional village of Lindos.
Is located below the castle and offers views of Lindos Bay.
It is made like a small village inside the village. Everything is made so nicely and very detailed.
The most excuisite with this hotel is the experience to dine in the restaurant. The service is very friendly with very well trained staff to help in every way with the menus and specialy with your wine, from a big list with only Greek good wines.
The terraces from the rooms offering view to the sea and if you feel lazy is the best place to feel treated like a king. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is beeing served everywhere in the hotel. You can ask even for a pick nick basket in case you want to stay all day on the beach.
The mates are very friendly and very clean.Frette white bed sheets, and soft towels are provided every day.
Spent one evening with Kostas, the bartender of the hotel and remember not over doing it because he has the way to drive you crazy. Exellent, well prepared and decorated cocktails that are made with a lot of alcohol and fresh fruit juices only . Try the Bloody Mary and the Mai Tai.
Mr. Melenos, he preffers to call him with his first name, Michalis is an antique lover and you will notice this from the minute you walk in. Visit the gift shop of the Melenos Hotel and definately you will find the most beatifull fabricks, ceramics and little things for your family and your friends that Michalis choose them very carefully with his ellegant and good taste.
Me and my friend we believe that soon we will be back to Melenos Exclusive Suites."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007