Lindos Princess Beach Hotel

Pros Pefkous nr Lindos, Lardos 851 09 Greece

super holiday hotel

"stayed here from 15th - 27th sept 2007 cant fault the place very high standard of cleanliness and rooms are fantastic compared to most of greece.
plenty to do at the hotel numerous pools and right on its own beach there is no shortage of sunbeds anywhere and the staff are very friendly and cant do enough for you nothing is too much trouble for them.
big mix of nationalities at this hotel so if you like the feeling of being abroad this is the place for you met loads of people from all over the world.
the food in the main buffet is good (greek night in there is better than the greek a la carte)
service at the bars is good and plenty waiters if you dont want to get up yourself .
special thanks to irene the lady at the beach bar she is a gem and mixes a mean cocktail.
this was our first time here but it wont be the last .

bill and irene,from edinburgh"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Good hotel

"HOTEL
Hotel is in beautiful location between two hills. It is almost a desert so expect really hot weather (32C in shadow in September, more than 40 on the sun). There was also very strong wind sometimes (beach and pool bed mattress wind blew off, our swim suit from balcony, ...).
Hotel is usual 4-5* standard as you can find in Egypt or Dominican Republic. Very large and nice but it is not so good kept, grass not cutted, not green everywhere, etc.
Guests are mainly German & Italian. Animations are mostly in German language.
There is a car rental company directly in a hotel. The agent speaks Slovak also. 1 day price in €: 35 Fiat Seicento, 40 Nissan Micra, 50 Opel Corsa, 60 Suzuki Jimny, 65 Nissan Micra CC, 85 VW Beetle CC. The price including full insurance.

RECEPTION
Friendly and helpful. We had a problem with AC in our room and they send us maintenance in few seconds who repair it.
Several times we had tap water problem (no hot water or no water at all).

ROOM
Not very big and simple, but nice. Always clean, but do not expect towels origami like elsewhere in the world. Room had TV but no TV program in English language except news.

POOLS
There are 5 pools in the hotel area (two for kids). There are bars near each of them but no bar in the pool - we love it :(. There are only few kinds of cocktails but drink called Princess Adriana is super. Towels are very small, they hardly cover 2/3 of the sun beds. In windy weather it always fall down. Sun beds itself are new and comfortable. I have read previous review about overcrowded pools. We came here in September and more than three quarters of sun beds were not used, but I can imagine that it could be a very big problem in high season. All the things are not very well organized, especially in restaurant. It was not a problem for us, because most of the guest left till 6. September. But with the lowering number of guests the quality of the services was lowering too.
Animation was not very interesting, we didn't join any games.

BEACH
The beach was probably the biggest disappointment. Sand is dark and continues with small colorful stones into the sea. Water looks more like a central European lake than a sea, forget beautiful blue color of the sea like in Rhodes town. But the view from the sea on a hotel between two hill is beautiful.

FOOD
There is not so many choices in main restaurant, but the food is really great and tasty. If you don't need to try 50 different kinds of meal for a dinner you will be fully satisfied.
There is also restaurant on the beach. It is starting to serve lunch at 12:30. Gyros is fantastic but available only till 12:31 and you must be first or second in line. Otherwise you have to wait for ages for another portion.
There are also 3 restaurants in a hotel (Fish, Italian and Greek). In fact it is the same place, different menu. We tried Italian and Greek restaurant, the main restaurant is much better. In theses restaurants waiters (probably cook too) are so slowly but friendly - you must be patient :)

TRAVEL
There is a bus just in front of the hotel. Time-table with time & price per person is on the reception printed for free. The bus to Lindos came on time (1,2€ per person). The bus back wasn't coming so after 20 minutes we took a taxi for 7€ (usual price is 10€)."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

I recommend this hotel

"My partner and I stayed here as we were in the island for her son's wedding at St Paul's Bay in Lyndos. This hotel is really worth staying at. Our room was kept very clean and we cannot really fault the all-inclusive menu (although, as usual in Greece, my partner, being a vegetarian, had a limited menu to eat). That said, the restaurant staff coped very well with the number of clients and the food was to a reasonable international hotel standard. The hotel itself is very clean and well looked after. The reception area is certainly something to be seen! Very impressive indeed and extremely cool in the hot weather. The hotel staff were also impressive - I had to see the hotel doctor due to the fact that I had imported a chest infection from the UK. He was on hand and saw me very quickly - the subsequent prescription was taken care of by the reception staff and I received it two hours later. Just be sure you have travel insurance for this sort of thing - the consultation and prescription cost me nearly 200 euros.
If you can, hire some transport whilst you're there and tour the island - well worth it, particularly a journey up to Embonas in the mountains or to the dammed lake with the drowned village. But be aware that roads may be usable one day and then have huge holes in the next and are closed off. We made the mistake of driving up the west coast of the island and the cutting off to come eastward through the mountains. Very interesting experience to use the road one day and then find it closed off having subsided(no signs anywhere near the place to indicate this - I guess the locals knew, so that's all right then!) and then having to drive right back towards the airport and then right round the top of the island back to Lardos. Avoid Sania - full of tourist coaches and rip-off shops. Do visit Prasonisi right at the end of the island where the two seas meet - spectacular views. Also visit Kattavia down towards the bottom of the island - we did and sat under the shade of some enormous fig trees, had coffee and then lunch and were blessed with a visit from the local Godfather complete with bodyguards and blacked-out cars.
For a change from the AI menu in the hotel, try Casa di Flavia about 50 yards on the left of the hotel. Great food, nice relaxing atmosphere. The lady of the house is a real sweetie and the chef is a really friendly guy. Try the prawns a la greque and the roast lamb with lemon potatoes. I can recommend them. All in all, a great hotel and area."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Excellent Value for Money

"Booked two interconnecting rooms for 2 adults and 4 kids from the 8th August for 1 week . Facilities were superb with 3 outdoor pools and indoor pool , which was absolute bliss during the 11.am to 3pm heatwave.
Buffet restaurant was really hectic and my advice would be to find a place and give a 5 euro tip to the waiter who will then look after you throughout your stay.
A la Carte Italian was not very good.
Supermarket on site had everything you needed and overall staff were really helpful with most from Eastern Europe.
Entertainment was mainly for the Germans , Italians and Polish.
I used to wakeup at 8am to put the towels down on the sunbeds and return to my room .
The mini bar is stocked up every 2 days and the bars have all the drinks you need.
The water park is great fun and is best booked from the hotel rep.
We would definitely return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

Great in the day, dull evenings.

Good

"This is a good quality hotel most of the time!
The animation team are excellent during the day with the right balance between encouraging you to join in but letting you relax if you don't.
No doubt they were good in the evenings too, but they perform a variety/panto in the amphitheatre area which is remote from the bars. This leaves the hotels bars extremely quiet, so we decided to escape to Lindos which is fab.
Lindos itself has plenty of trendy, lively or quiet bars to suit all tastes. We should give a special mention to the Antika Bar and their staff who were great.
The pool areas are excellent with comfy sunbeds and conveniently located bars, this brings me to the only other downside; the service was often diabolically bad, particularly at the pool bar. Irene at the beach bar was the exception and by far the friendliest.
The food in the main restaurant was good and plentiful, although it was sometimes a bit hectic.
Don't get too excited about the a la carte restaurants, they're ok, not outstanding.
Rooms are reasonable and are about 4* (in Greece). We arrived in the early morning and found wrapped sandwiches and fruit which was a good touch.
Overall a good hotel which with some small adjustments could be excellent!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Lindos Princess let us down quite a lot!

"Lindos Princess has a very appealing structure but is not organised to host 1.900 guests as it did happen during the two central weeks of august 2007. Only 500 seats at the restaurant and a daily struggle to secure a table. The same at the beach, very limited number of sunbeds, quite old and badly kept. The beach is dirty, with too many fag ends, no ashtrays available.
The food is too fat and difficult to digest and very limited fish available. In other hotels in Greece you have far better cuisine.
Room serivce is quite poor and rooms are cleaned early afternoon rather than in the morning.
The cost of this hotel is quite high especially for midst August but it is not value for money.
The only positive aspect is the mini club for children."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Beautiful Hotel

"Beautiful hotel and wonderful family vacation. Food was very good and plentiful. Three great pools and the beach is marvelous. The Animation team put on fantastic shows in the evening which the kids loved. The staff was courteous and helpful. Being over 50 kilometers from Rhodes City, it is a lomg day trip to explore the city from the hotel location. We booked this vacation with Tui Air; the flights were fine but the Tui rep in the hotel could not be found - especially when the return flight on the day of departure was three hours delayed, which meant the bus departure from the hotel was two hours later and the passengers were not informed. In anycase, the days were hot and sunny, the pools highly refreshing and the ocean warm and pleasant. Lots of kids and families speaking many different languages."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Wonderful relaxing holiday

"I stayed at this hotel for a week in May 2005 (a little late writing the review!) with my fiancee and absolutely loved it. We flew with TUI and arrived in the middle of the night but the reception staff were friendly and more important swift at getting us checked into our room - they had even put out some salad and cold meats/cheese for us in our room. Woke up late the following day to beautiful blue sky and breeze and it stayed that way all week! Our room looked across the courtyard of the hotel to the mountains, but from the balcony we had a sea view. The room itself was lovely and cool, clean with free mini bar that was restocked regularly throughout our stay. Pool was fantastic, we had the same loungers all week (we were right at the start of the season) and the staff were friendly but not overbearing in trying to get you to join activites. Food was excellent, and the variety of drinks and food that were available considering it was all inclusive was very very good - even cocktails in the bar were included in the package. All in all an excellent stay - we will certainly return in the future and would bring children as they are very geared up for them."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of August 2007

A Royal Hotel!

"Stayed at the Lindos Princess for one week from 20th to 27th June 2007 with my wife and daughter. Our stay was excellent. Reception was friendly and efficient and we were quickly settled in clean, cool air-conditioned rooms. All rooms have mini-bars stocked with beer, water and soft drinks that are re-stocked every other day (note the bottle opener is on the wall in the bathroom!)

The main restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food is good with plenty of choice. There is also a pool bar serving snacks at lunchtime and late into the evening. Choice is limited, but quality is good. There are 3 'speciality' restaurants (Greek, Italian & Seafood) from which you can select one per week of your stay. We ate in the Greek restaurant. The food was OK, unfortunately there was no air-conditioning and the restaurant location tends to trap the heat

There are 2 pool-side bars open throughout the day for drinks as well as the main bar in the evening. All provide a good selection of local alcoholic as well as soft drinks.

The hotel was reasonably busy (very few British!) but sunbeds and umbrellas were in plentiful supply. There are 3 main pool areas as well as an indoor pool. There is also a beach (coarse sand and pebbles, so shoes are advised) with plenty of sunbeds.

The entertainment team are excellent and work hard and provide a continuous supply of activities throughout the day as well as great evening shows.

Overall, a great stay at a great hotel - we will be back!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

Mixed Feelings

Good

"I have to agree with the last review that Rhodes, Greece, did not give me the WOW FACTOR. I stayed at the hotel earlier this month. Paid for a sea view and got a mountain view - was told that the hotel did not honor the travel agent, it was first come, first served. Got a sea view room on the fifth day of a 7-day stay. The mountain view room was actually better than the family room that I was given. The second room had ants, bird droppings on the balcony. I have to disagree with the reviewers that indicated that the rooms were clean. I stayed in the ERATO building, and if you stay at the hotel in the future, I would like to ask that future guests take a paper towel and wipe the floors and let me know what they find. I found lots of hair and sand on the floors after it was freshly cleaned. The reason is that the same mop and water is used continuously so therefore the dirt just get spread from room to room. I also saw stains in the toilet bowl that was there from previous days. Toilet bowl was old. I always take cleaning products with me and clean after housekeeping is done. I have to mention as one reviewer did - ONE CANNOT FLUSH THE TOILET PAPER, IT HAS TO BE PLACED IN THE TRASH BIN IN THE BATHROOM. I felt that the shower curtain needed to be replaced. The bathtub is very very small and I am very slender. I was unable to get any hot water to take a shower at nights. I am inclined to believe that the place is using solar power because the water was hotter during the day than at nights. One thing that I did not see in previous reviews was the surface around the property especially around the swimming pool, snack bar areas, was that the surface (especially the blue tiles) are extremely slippery if you are wearing shoes with surfaces like flip flops. Quite a few of us fell during my stay. I actually fell off of the last stair in my building as I was stepping onto the walkway leading to the sidewalk. The cleaning personnel left a large puddle of water that one could not see and hit myself pretty badly. I had to go to the public hospital twice which was not a very good experience. The fare was 200 Euros, and since the Doctor forgot about me the first trip, I got a discount on my X-Ray (cost 4.50 Euros versus 20 Euros). The hospital was very gross, which I am told is true for all Greek hospitals or at least the public hospitals. After being forced to reimburse taxi fees, staff were a bit more accommodating. I thought that for a 4 or 5 star hotel that the trash, lamp posts, cigarette butts, plastic cups from the snack bars lying by the buildings, all the pathways, or in the sand at the beach could have been taken care of in a better manner. All the plastic cups in the snack bars need replacing. They all look used and battered. The mini bar was free and suppose to be restocked daily; however, if the person restocking comes around and cannot get into your room, it does not get restocked. Both refrigerators that I had were filthy - needs a serious cleaning. The beach was more pebbly than sandy. It felt peaceful out there since it was not crowded. Some equipment in playground broken and was not repaire. All of the flowers were dead to include the plants surrounding the resort area and buildings. Soap dispensers were never refilled in the bathroom. I thought that the food was okay, first two days were terrible, drinks were watered down. Apple juice and orange juice in the main restaurant were very sweet. Glass bottom Boat ride was okay - to me scenery was not that spectaular. Went on a bike trip which was suppose to be downhill. It was not - most of the bikes had problems, seat belts on the kids seats were not functioning properly, one lady in her seventies fell off her bike before we even started, another cut her leg on the bike. We were suppose to be driven up the 1 km hill, but that did not happen automatically for all participants. After several complaints I was told that the next bike trip had been cancelled since an alternative route was not found. Don't know if that is permanent. Was not worth approximately $60 and the gears weren't even working. I got back $20 after my nasty fall from the stairs even though I had been told getting cash was not an option. I would like to highly recommend visiting the jeweler in the hotel - Andreea is extremely helpful and she has alot of nice items in her store. She felt so badly about my fall and the way I was treated initially by the hotel staff and at the hospital that she gave me a beautiful ceramic vase as a free gift. She also took my sunglasses and fixed them free of charge. The gentleman in the massage room gave me a free consultation after asking him to check to see if I had any injuries that he could help me with. The doctor at the hotel also did not charge me. Karen brought me a phone charger from her home so I could charge my phone. Carla was also very helpful whenever her assistance was required. Nico checked me into the hotel and was extremely professional. He was in the hospital when I left so hope that he is okay. I had to get use to Kiki but she was okay in the end. Mr. Zimmermann, the TUI representative, was instrumental in getting me the necessary assistance by the hotel staff. He insisted upon getting certain things done, and it was accomplished after "some resistance". Due to the bellboy riding me around in the "golfing cart" when needed helped my recovery alot. The bellboy also did not accept any tips when checking in. I had a small child with me and she had a great time because she was the center of attention, dancing, doing aerobics, and singing even though she is only 3 yrs. Once the staff warmed up to the English speaking guests, then everything fell into place. I did not like the fact that breakfast was cleared away 15 mins before it ended both at the buffet and continental timeframes. I am not sure if I would return to this hotel again for the price that I paid. In a few years, it may lose its 4 or 5 star status if certain things are not improved. I would like to give an average rating, but will give an Above Average due to response at the end."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Now you won't be surfing the internet, but all the activities including sports and evening shows

"Okay, so lets start with the negatives. The biggest one is that the guests must pay for the internet, what is a bit frustrating for me, because of the amount of money we have paid. Second is that for someone like me could be stressful that the main restaurant is overcrowded all the time, awhile a part of the outside tables are not available, only during the breakfast. I still can't get it...But never mind, there are lots of more positives. The area is beautiful, full of palms and animators everywhere :). They are absolutely amazing, friendly, always smiling, talking to you, asking you if you're satisfied etc...There are 3 mini clubs for children at different ages and you can't go wrong getting the use of these also during the day. And then at half past eight at the evening comes the mini disco. Perfect! At half past nine starts their evening show, where mostly the animation team was starring. The best shows for us were the variety show and the comedy show. Oh, and the beach. You can swim and relax in the sea whenever you want. At the beginning there are small stones, but inside it's pure sand. And whenever you want is because the sea is always calm. :) I wish you all a happy holidays, and enjoy, because you'll miss them. And BTW lindos princes A-team is on facebook ;)"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2014

Holiday ruined due to spread of stomach bug

"It is now 7 days since our return from Rhodes(Princess Lindos) and we are still suffering from stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. In our 26 years of travel we have never experienced anything like this. The hotel has had a severe out break of stomach sickness, half of the cases being children and they were not taking any measures to prevent this apart from a antibacterial gel rub outside the restaurant. Before our return we had heard of at least 100 cases and I think Thomas Cook should have intervened or should intervene to get some answers.! "

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2014

Hotels near Lindos Princess Beach Hotel

Stayed at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Lindos Princess Beach Hotel

• luther by luther

"The glass bottom Boat ride from the beach was really good go if you get chance "

• Babsy by Babsy

"Use supermarkets just outside the resort and buses no need for a car. "

• Sunita D by Sunita D

"Never going there again. "

• vaness19 by vaness19

"go to evening shows, do some sports during the day with the A-team "

Lindos Princess Beach Hotel is also called