Good

Where have you been all my life?

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Best hotel ever! very very beautiful, fabulous location, felt very spoiled when having to choose between the infinity pool and the beautiful, quiet, extremely clean beach. The rooms are stylish and spacious, the views from the balconies (and from every single point in the hotel) are realloy breathtaking. Breakfast is an exercise in willpower.
We were worried by an previous review which mentioned guests from another hotel using the swimming pool, but did not experience anything like this, felt very exclusive, and child-free (bliss!)
A single recommendation would be to have a wider choice of food for vegetarians.
Service was fantastic, very friendly."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2009

What an experience- definately worth a visit!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"My partner and I stayed at Lindos Blu 13th May- 23rd May, we got married at St Dimitris Chapel (near Melenos) on the 19th May. We booked Lindos Blu after visiting Lindos Mare in 2008 and seeing the promotion of Lindos Blu at reception.
I wanted somewhere stunning and high rated because we were getting married. I booked in 2008 for a double deluxe room (which had a hot tub on the balcony).
When we arrived the place was absolutely stunning so fresh, modern and clean, the main pool and infinity pool were gorgeous and the views breath taking, however it was clear that some things were unfinished and you did see the odd builder working around the place.
We were greeted by the manager who was very nice and friendly. She explained that the room we had ordered was not ready! I was shocked as we had booked it a year ago. She continued to explain that she would place us in a standard room for 2 nights then upgrade us to a private villa (which wasn't ready yet).
The standard room in itself was amazing, very bright, clean with lots gadgets, however you started to realise that things were not finished- shower faulty, fridge not working, wires hanging out of walls. Even though we were only there for 2 nights they fixed things straight away.
When we were moved into the Villa- oh my god I was in my element! The villas are absolutely amazing! We were in the only one that was ready. It had a private infinity pool, with jacuzzi within it, a jacuzzi bath next to the bed, everything was amazing! Although our original room wasn't ready they really did make the effort to keep us happy, especially as it was our Wedding holiday.
When we arrived in the standard room we had fruit and champagne, then again when we moved to the villa.
On the Wedding day they sent room service (which I declined as prices are high as expected).
When we returned on our Wedding night they had laid petals from the door to the bed, all over the bed and bath, another Champagne on ice and lots of interesting food etc that you can experiment with on your new husband, ha!
Although the hotel had a feel of not being finished, I still think it was an amazing place, with excellent friendly staff- once they settle and get everything completed I would highly recommend that anyone wanting a luxury break definitely stays here.
Lindos itself is amazing. My Wedding day was the best day of my life and the Wedding planners Karen and Laurence were fantastic!!!!
Thanks to everyone for making our stay fantastic!
PS. I never saw any children, however I did have my own private pool so didn't venture out much!"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2009

Wonderful stay - Fabulous hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Just returned from a week at Lindos Blu. What a find! A superb top-class hotel, brand new, minimalist and stylish. Our room was excellent, spacious, clean, modern. Staff exceptional - it is obvious that they take pride in working there and serving guests. Nothing too much trouble for all staff - from reception to room service.. Change of towels (including beach towels) daily. Fresh fruit and sparkling wine in room on arrival. Breakfasts to die for (indoor or outdoor) - high quality, great choice and perhaps the best fresh made omelettes we have ever tasted. Two restaurants excellent quality. Slightly expensive but this due in part to the pound / euro exchange rate. Views from every room over Vlicha Bay. Beach provided with good sun beds and umbrellas and sea very inviting. Infinity pools fantastic as they were high over the bay since the hotel is built into the cliff. The hotel is adults only so this adds to the relaxed atmosphere. (The sister hotel next door (Lindos Mare) admits children.) Added to this luxury was the fantastic weather which produced blue skies every day. For a quality holiday Lindos Blu would take some beating anywhere. It is 20 minute walk to Lindos village or 2 minute taxi ride. Plenty to see in Lindos - many good restaurants and a few less successful. In particular we liked Ambrosia. Dyonisus had been mentioned in guide boooks - but too 'canteen like' and staff rushed / uncaring. Also liked small family taverna - Agostinos - near town hall with an excellent roof terrace. We would recomment Olympic too - super welcome quality food with twist on Greek food. They deserve to succeed. Must do's include trip to Rhodes town - efficient local bus takes about 1 hour. Well worth visit to old town. Also walk up to Lindos Acropolis. Went to Pefkoi by bus but very disappointed by the place."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of May 2009

Certainly not 'Exclusive'

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I stayed at Lindos Blu from 13-20 May 2009. The hotel is new - opened for 1 month last year, and just started this season. Certainly a very stylish place, immaculately clean and new, but also certainly not finished. Building work is complete, but discrete plastering was going on, lots of cables coming out of walls and floors with nothing on the end, and no planting at all (though some pots started arriving as I left). A big feature is the labyrinth of waterways through the hotel complex - all were bone dry and not in operation. As the hotel is set into a cliff face, it relies on multiple lifts to take you up and down the various levels - a bit of a pain. I wouldn't want to stay at a busy time as the lifts are tiny and you'd spend most of your holiday waiting for them. BIG warning - I am happy to pay extra to stay in a 5 star hotel to enjoy exclusive facilities and (very important) peace and tranquility without children. However - I was very disappointed to discover that everyone staying at the nearby 4 star Lindos Mare are also welcome to use the Lindos Blu facilities - and they did - scrambling to reserve sunbeds as early as 7am. They arrived with ghastly rubber blow-up rings and lilos, and were rowdy. These are the very people I pay extra to avoid - why should they enjoy 5 star facilities when they only pay for 4 star, and I am paying extra. When one family arrived with two kids in tow I sent them packing and complained to the management, who didn't seem very concerned, despite advertising as an 'adults only' hotel - the only reason I went there. I won't be back."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

WHAT A BRILLIANT CHOICE - SUPERB - CAN'T FAULT THE LINDOS BLU

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We are still here as I write this review! It is fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They smile constantly and are genuinely exceptionally helpfuul and pleasant. It opened last year as a brand new hotel for one month I think and then it has been open for 3 weeks as it stands now as far as I know. We are a retired couple - still youngish! We wanted a holiday with luxury, not ridiculously expensive, somewhere warm but not stingingly hot and in a lovely hotel - we have it! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They are helpful in the extreme and very very willing. The place is spotless. The food is fantastic. The pools are fabulous - infinity pools really wonderful. There is a heated indoor pool - small but just fine and a jacuzzi, gym, sauna and steam room. Our room is a basic double. Perfect. A huge bed, whitish walls and very striking greens to contrast. The whole place is kind of minimalist. Whites, beiges, teak, and with an underlying theme of electric blue tiny lights punctuating the backdrop. There is space and it feels light and airy. Some of the rooms have a shared pool directly out of their bedroom, these look incredible and whilst we have been perfectly satisfied with the main pools I would enjoy my own next time too. The beautiful bathroom has a big glass wall which can be covered with an electric blind. Separate shower and a separate loo. Tea and coffe in rooms. Private balcony - all rooms overlook Vlicha Bay - a perfect view of a very still blue blue bay with the odd boat bobbing on it. It is a quiet place and I wouldn't recommend it for children or people wanting action but for us it is great. It is set high on a cliff - into a cliff and perhaps those who are less mobile might have difficulties but all levels are accessed via highly efficient steel/chrome lifts even down to the beach. The beach is shingle/sand and has plenty loungers. There is a mini-market, bar etc at the end of it, not far at all. The beach as it stands now is in places - tired and needs cleaning up a bit - the exact opposite of the hotel but I guess this will be happening at a later date and it doesn't detract from the pleasure of the place. There seem to be remnants of old huts etc but it isn't a problem. We went to a gourmet Lobster evening the other night - very fine nouvelle cuisine very reasonably priced too. Tons of beautifully presented cocktails. There is a pool bar - which looks good. We are on a B&B basis and the breakfasts are amazing. Skilled chef cooks eggs to your liking on the spot and to order along with fresh waffles etc. Loads of meats, cheeses, cereals, juices, nuits, and full English! I couldn't recommend The Lindos Blu highly enough to those who would like a peaceful, adult focussed, up market but still reasonably priced hotel. Rooms cleaned daily and well. Requests dealt with immediately. Bus to Rhodes about an hour and just over 4 euros, bus to Lindos just over 1 euro and about five minutes. Lindos itself, very pretty, whitewashed cubes of houses, cobbled streets, winding passage ways and packed with touristy souvenir shops. If you want high street shopping go to Rodos Town and be sure to visit the Old Town which is like a fortress enclosing a myriad of streets, tavernas, stalls and the essence of old Rhodes. So far, a wonderful break and we cannot fault any of it."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My partner and I have just returned from a week at Lindos Blu and I felt compelled to share our experience here. To sum it up in one word – ‘fantastic’.

We needed a holiday to relax after a couple of stressful months and that is exactly what we got. From the moment we arrived we were pampered and looked after. We were offered champagne on check-in and then personally escorted to our room and shown the hotel layout. The room was immaculate and modern with views to die for. Everything was thought through from the complimentary champagne, fruit and water on arrival to the towelling robes and slippers. You even get to see the view from the bath tub and while you lie in bed – they have thought of everything!

The food was phenomenal, I definitely recommend eating in the a la carte restaurant, it is a bit pricey but you won’t be disappointed once you taste the quality of the food. At breakfast we ate like kings, on offer was champagne, fruit, continental meats, bacon, sausages, cereals, omelettes and all types of egg prepared by a chef. The staff were super friendly and you could tell they were proud to work there.

The pools are exactly as shown in the pictures and the beach is small and clean with beautiful clear waters.

I would definitely recommend the spa – my partner and I had a Swedish message together while we looked out at the breathtaking views.

Lindos town is an extremely short taxi ride away with plenty of restaurants to choose from. If visiting try Ambosia or Broccolino for a fantastic meal with a great atmosphere.

Definitely give Lindos Blu a try – you won’t be disappointed."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of May 2009

Fabulous Hotel & Location

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We have just spent a week at the Lindos Blu Hotel in Rhodes and found it to be an excellent place to stay. The location is superb with stunning views from wherever you are in the hotel, staff are extremely friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. Rooms are spacious and clean. Lindos town is about a 20 minute walk away (or 2-3 mins in a taxi) and it really is a great place - quaint, interesting and with lots of good quality bars and restaurants. To top the holiday off, the weather was fantastic, too! We will definitely consider this hotel to re-visit for a short break again."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of May 2009

Stunning!!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My wife and I found Lindos Blu by accident, We had just arrived from a two week stay at our apartment in Athens which was far from relaxing, due to some very necessary renovations. So we were in need of some pampering. We rented a car at the airport and drove toward the town of Lindos, this was my first trip to Rhodes and I really wanted to find a hotel near this picturesque part of the island. We stopped at one or two hotels on the way just to have a look, but nothing really appealed to us, we were on the hunt for absolute luxury. We eventually drove by a very modern and sophisticated looking hotel that was obviously still in the final stages of construction. We both commented it was too bad it wasn't open because it looked like just the kind of place we were looking for.....Next door however, Lindos Mare was open, so into the lobby we went and were immediately greeted by very friendly staff and an impossibly stunning view of the sea.

Although Canadian born, my wife is Greek and speaks the language fluently and began to inquire about a suite explaining that we wanted something extra special, The young woman told us that the hotel next door was owned by the same people and would be opening in about a week....... but she might be able to get us in beforehand and asked if we would like to see a suite.

Needless to say we stayed for twelve days and had the best experience you could imagine, Accommodation, dining and service were all second to none, I could go on and on, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves! Highly recommend this hotel, in fact if high end, modern, ultra sheik are our thing, don't look anywhere else.

Stuart James
Vancouver, Canada"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of November 2008

Far surpassed our expectations

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Lindos Blu for five nights in mid October, 2009, after two weeks of strenous hiking in northern Greece, including the ascent of Mt. Olympus in one day. We had been planning the hiking trip for months, and we knew we wanted a nice beach-side hotel in the Greek Islands, where it would be sunny and quiet, and we could decompress. We chose the Lindos Blu long before it opened, based on descriptions provided on the hotel's website. It was a long shot...the visuals on the website were mainly artist's renderings. The location seemed wonderful, so we went for it. And it was perfect!
Much as the first reviewer described, the hotel is extremely modern...I would say cleanly, somewhat starkly modern, not at all "funky." The architecture is kind of multi-national rather than Greek...lots of marble, glass, teak panels and flooring. The Aegean is visible from every part of the hotel, and the views really inspire the architecture. The location is amazing. The hotel is built right into a hillside overlooking a quiet bay. We were there at the end of the tourist season, so it's possible that in the summer the lovely beach at the bottom of the hotel's property will be over-run with people. We had it practically to ourselves...and the weather was ideal. Not too hot, very sunny, the Aegean limpid and cool.
We loved our room, which looked directly over the bay. The furnishings were modern, the bathroom luxurious, the bed very comfortable....great mattress, fluffy down comforter, everything you'd expect. Our room, in fact ALL the rooms have private balconies and great views of the bay.
Breakfast is included, and it's very good...all sorts of pastries, hot dishes, cereals and fruits served in a large indoor and outdoor area, again overlooking the Aegean, next to one of two horizon pools on the property. Everything you could imagine eating is spread out across the back of the indoor dining room, buffet style. We didn't eat in the other, more formal restaurant at the hotel, so can't comment.
The staff were all friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. All in all, this hotel was just what we had dreamed it might be, without any reason to expect it: gorgeous vistas, an easily accessible, quiet, sandy beach with great swimming, and interesting architecture.
Try to go in the off season, as we did.....the crowds are gone, the water temp is perfect, and the rates are lower.
Yes: we got a great off-season rate and based on conversations with the staff, I believe that in future the rates will continue to fluctuate according to the season.
Need to wind down after hiking, sightseeing and fighting the crowds in mainland Greece? The Lindos Blu is a great choice.
CuriousJesse
Laguna Niguel, CA"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Lindos Blu about 2 weeks after their opening day.
The hotel is beautiful, funky design, lots of clean lines, white marble and glass. The hotel is built into the hill and you get the most amazing views of the bay and the sea. As the hotel is new everything is clean and fresh. There are two pools, one large, next to the pool bar and one small few levels down the hill. Wherever you are in this hotel you get fantastic views of the sea and the bay. You get around the hotel by either using lifts from one level to another or stairs (lots of them). Getting down to the beach is a bit of drag, as you have to catch one or two lifts, some stairs and steep downhill walk, but the actual beach is quite nice.
Our room was nice and spacious with Jacuzzi bath, large bed, floor to ceiling windows and spacious terrace with sea views. Again all very new and tastefully done/furnished. Rooms also have espresso coffee machine and lovely Korres toiletries, as well as fluffy white robes. Bed is really comfortable and they use good quality linen.
Food at the pool bar was reasonably good and the food at their main restaurant very good. Breakfast was great.
Lindos village is about 20 minutes walk and taxi back from Lindos is around EUR 5.
Now the service....it was exceptional! The staff could not do enough for us and made us feel so welcome. They were fantastic and top marks for their hospitality. All staff at the hotel are locals and really sweet and polite. When we first arrived at the hotel we were given a glass of sparkly wine and orange juice and were taken to the terrace bar to relax until the paperwork is sorted. We were then given a tour of the hotel and taken to our room. There were complimentary bottle of water, wine and plate of fruit to welcome us. It was my husband’s Bday during our stay at the hotel and they surprised us with two complimentary glasses of champagne and a large cake. Absolutely brilliant. They also gave us complimentary champagne cocktail on our last night at the hotel. Finally, on our last day they allowed us to check out at 18:00 hrs because we had evening flight to catch home.
What can I say, we had a fantastic time at the Lindos Blu and I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody. Note: Perhaps not the best hotel for families with small children.
Mr & Mrs Mallinder"