AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort

Psaltos, Lindos 851 07 Greece

Seeing is believing!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"From the moment you arrive at reception and take in the magnificent view of the sea and the cliffs of Lindos Bay you know you are somewhere special. Spacious rooms with quality furniture and the most comfortable beds.Several rooms have their own pools but with three large ones around their is plenty of room for everyone.Three restaurants serving food for all tastes.Landscaped gardens preserving the history of the original site make very pleasent strolls around the complex.The beach has lots of sunbeds and sunshades and the clear sea is full of marine life.The staff are well trained and look after all your needs. Just go and relax!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of June 2010

Very stylish

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I have just returned from this beautiful hotel. If you like style and design then you will love this hotel. The attention to detail and the quality of the products is exceptional from the high quality furniture to the bathroom tiles. A low rise hotel set out over a large plot of land it has the feeling of space and blends into the environment beautifully. Everything is brand spanking new and super clean. The beds are very roomy and comfortable and you have a choice of 5 pillow types to choose from. Overall the service is very good. The real stars at this hotel are Alexandris the wine waiter, George the general manager and Adalena the maitre d who is the jewel in the Aquagrand's crown! The bar staff were very friendly and polite too. The food in the main restaurant was very good with a diverse buffet and a la carte menu and all the wine on the menu was excellent. The walk from the hotel to Lindos is about 25 minutes or you can order a taxi if you don't like walking in the heat (it was very hot!)"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2010

Absolutely Amazing Hotel....I'll be back

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"I just had an amazing 5-day stay with my girlfriend at this brand new exquisitely beautiful hotel near Lindos, Rhodes and I will definitely be back. I have included photos that I hope capture the spirit of the hotel. I’m not sure what happened with 12mmg’s honeymoon stay, but my experience with the staff and food were near perfect. Everyone from the bell boy who handled our luggage to the check-in woman, to the maids and especially the dining room staff were incredibly warm and friendly.

Back to my stay…..The hotel is beautiful: the architecture, the art work, the interior design are all unique and create a cool atmosphere. The resort has a boutique hotel feel for a resort type hotel. The view from just about anywhere in the hotel is incredibly beautiful.

One thing to note is that they are still putting the finishing touches on the hotel and finishing / adding new features, but I actually found this evolution interesting to witness. Everyday there was something new. We were disappointed that the spa and a second restaurant weren’t open, but we could see that they were working on it and that it would be open any day.

If you can get a room with a private pool, I suggest that you do…..they looked very special. For our trip, they were all booked, however, we stayed in a nice room with an ocean view (see photos) and a large balcony. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the shower had great pressure (always important), the aircon worked well, nice TV with DVD player (but who needs that in Greece), and a clock radio with iPod dock which was very useful.

The hotel has two pools and a nice private beach with sand and cabanas. For those who want more sun protection or privacy, the cabanas are great with drapes to enclose the space. The shoreline is a little rocky, but they built a jetty with a wood platform and ladder to bypass the rocks. There is also a volley ball net set up.

As I mentioned, the dining staff were great. The food options are vast and offer something for everyone. We did the half board option which included a very nice breakfast and either lunch or dinner. We alternated between the lunch and dinner options as we wanted to enjoy a lunch at an authentic Greek taverna and enjoy a meal or two in Lindos which is a long walk or a short taxi away. Rumor has it that they will provide a water taxi to Lindos which would be a great feature.

If you want a really special and upscale vacation in Rhodes, I highly recommend Aqua Grand."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of June 2010

Mixed feelings

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"The Aquagrand has the potential to be a very good hotel when its finished, we had a disappointing trip as a lot of the services advertised by our agent did not exist at the time of our stay....really the hotel should not be open for another 2 months.

The building itself and the decor is fantastic (a huge amount of money has been thrown at this development), the view is beautiful and Lindos town is very lovely.

If your planning a trip within the next few months check to see if the following services are available as when we visited they were no where near finished.

The Spa...the whole reason for us picking this hotel
The Gym
All restaurants apart from the one situated within the main building
Shops
The beach (still covered with hardcore and no safe access into the water)
No internet connection in rooms (limited wireless - main building only)

Our room had just been finished, there was no hotel information, no room information, no fire drill (dangerous) no room service and unusually - no door on our shower!

The food was good but by no means gastronomic and half borders beware that lunch is limited to a 3 course meal at £45 each or a cheese toastie....until the other restaurants are up and running.

The bar....hmmm it regularly took half an hour for our drinks to appear (only one person regularly running the bar) and it costs £13 for a cocktail. £6 for a glass of wine, £14 for 2 gin and tonics - some would say its a bit expensive. The food in the bar is again expensive, fairly small portions and limited to half a dozen or so choices - it was however very tasty.

Some of the staff were lovely and very helpful, some extremely undertrained and overstretched and one or two downright rude. They were pretty understaffed when we stayed. Most of the reception staff just looked confused but the assistant manager was very professional. Due to the problems we experienced we were upgraded to all inclusive in our 2nd week.

So mixed feelings, i really hope they get the problems sorted - there was a lot of complaining going on around the pool.......talking to a few locals inculding taxi drivers and bar staff at local hotels this hotel needs to work, when it does the whole of the Lindos area would benefit."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of June 2010

Just Go!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"My wife and I have recently returned from a most excellent but all too brief stay at the Aquagrand. It is true that the place is still not 100% complete - it is brand new, after all - yet absolutely nothing detracted from our enjoyment. The setting is staggeringly beautiful and the overall design of the place quite outstanding. We have no complaints about the food; indeed, rarely have we eaten better. And the staff were courteous and more than willing to go the extra mile. We will certainly return and would recommend the Aquagrand who enjoys being pampered."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of June 2010

Will be superb....but a work in progress!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"This is, or will be a beautiful hotel. The position by the beach is fabulous and the low rise nature of the hotel itself with its natural colurs and textures has been really well thought out. However, it is a work in progress!!

We booked with Olympic Holidays for a suite with a private pool and arrived just past midnight after a horrendously cramped 4 hour flight with Viking Airlines from the UK. Contrary to the info. on the Olympic website that says your luggage is off loaded in Lindos and you have to walk to your hotel, the transfer coach took us right up to the door.

We were welcomed at reception and given our key cards. I asked in reception if we could chose where to dine from the 3 restaurants, the receptionist looked a bit sheepish and told us to ask in the morning!! Not a good sign! Our luggage was taken to our rooms by the porter and we were shown that your keycard was needed for the lights and where the air con. remote etc was. We found there were 2 sandwiches waiting in the room for us plus 2 complimentary small bottles of sparkling water and a large bottle of still water, a nice touch.

The room was well furnished with a king double bed and good, quiet aircon. The private pool is 5m x 4m, about 1.20m deep but at the end of May, is still quite cool!! The timber deck reached through the patio door was excellent with a large mattress and pillows for sunbathing.The room was cleaned daily and the linen changed. There were no bathrobes as promised. Outside our room in the gardens was the water treatment plant for the pools and there was a noticeable humming noise all day if you sat on the deck so try and avoid rooms 613 to 615 if you think it might bother you. The hotel beach is man made and of small pebbles with bathing from some sharp looking rocks. If you want a nice sandy beach, go a mile down the coast to Pefki town beach.

One thing that greatly concerned me was that there were no instructions for what to do in case of fire. There were no signs on the back of the room doors and no signs showing escape routes or assembly points. I raised this with the Olympic rep. He said he had complained to both the Olympic Holidays management and the hotel management for over a month about this with no response. He was so concerned that he had taken the step of preparing and signing a disclaimer saying that he would not be held responsible should a fire occur as he had already informed them of the problem! Be aware, check your exits folks!!

The problems with the hotel are that it has started up about a month before it was ready. There are supposed to be one main restaurant and 2/3 others serving the pool areas. The main restaurant was working but the others were nowhere near ready to be used and there was a steady flow of staff and workmen wiring, plumbing and bringing furniture.

The hotel boasts Wifi, this was not yet in place, neither was the Gym, which was apparently full of boxes and new furniture! The Spa and associated treatments is not in place yet. Workmen are evident throughout the day moving new furniture.

The service in the restaurant was excellent. The staff are incredibly helpful and attentive but the food certainly isn't up to "fine dining" level. We stayed half board so I can only comment on breakfast and dinner although we were asked if we wanted to have lunch, priced at a very hefty 45 euros each!! Breakfast is an excellent self service buffet but dinner is a strange mix of buffet or from a 4 choice set menu. My wife is vegetarian and there was always one vegetarian dish on the main menu and several other vegetarian options on the buffet. The quality of the main dishes was OK, but 5* hotels don't serve tinned peas! A couple of the waiters had limited English and had difficulty explaining what was in the set menu dishes. Desserts were a bit limited. As soon as you sit down (i.e. before you have seen the menu or the dishes on the buffet) the waiters will ask you what wine you would like!! Very odd! The house red is light and drinkable but costs over 6 euros a glass!

The location of the hotel is a bit out on a limb being 1500m from Lindos town and the walk to the town is uphill and in hot sun it will be, shall we say, testing!! Hire a car before you leave home, we were so glad we did. There is a Budget desk (unmanned) in the hotel and reception will contact them for you. Please be aware that hire companies charge an extra 20 euros to deliver the car to the hotel. Local rentals can be made in Pefki (about a mile away, turn left at the main road) for as little as 39 euros for 3 days including insurance from Lindos Cars.

During our stay, a workman came to our room and fitted a heat shield to the minibar, the minibar was finally fully stocked (we had to ask for the price list), the desk chair gained a cushion, the ipod dock was delivered the day before we left and we were still waiting for the TV for the bathroom! The presence of workmen drilling and using a power saw around the pool bar 10m from our room was a tad annoying at times as was the guy strimming the wasteland in front of our room!!

In summary, it will be a great hotel...but not yet!! Give it a month or so and it will be much better when all the infrastructure is in place although I suspect the evening meal quality will still only be at best 3 to 4 star!!

Top tip:- You do need to hire a car just to get around and to shop. Car park in the hotel grounds is reserved for hotel management so you need to park in the road outside. Even in low season it was difficult to park!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2010

Stunning in Vogue !!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Aqua Grand - Lindos, First of all this hotel is "Hip and Happening for the Fashionable". From the minute you walk into the reception, the bell boy has a huge welcoming smile, the receptionist is very informative. The most beautiful setting, romantic and just gorgeous. This five star hotel is an understatement, as it will be more perfect once the spa and the gourmet restaurant is ready. The hotel is stylish, contemporary and stunning with beautiful views of the sea. Cabana's on the beach, if you want to be spoilt then I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates service with style. It's a tranquil environment too I loved drinking champagne on the terrace overlooking the moonlight ocean was awesome. I felt as if I was in heaven in this "Vogue" hotel is unique. Some rooms are with their own private pools or with wide terraces. The bedrooms are spacious, the beds have mattresses that tell you to stay in bed, the pillow menu is just as one expects from a 5* and the bathrooms are of a high quality, rooms have the home comforts, cd players, flat screen tv and an ipod player. The staff are helpful, friendly, smiling & attentive to your every need. The restaurant staff were experienced and the service was perfect and the hostess Adalena was charming and beautifully dressed. I even brought most of the dresses she wore. I can honestly say I will definitely come back for much longer and have the fuller experience of this wonderful hotel once it is fully ready with the gym, the spa, the gourmet restaurant, which will be I'm told over a glassed pool. I can't wait to come back !!!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2010

Lokks good but only half finished!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I have just come back from lindos were we stayed at lindos view which was excellant yet again, But I have booked to go to the aquagrand in september so I had a walk round the compplex and had a drink there.
The staff were only to happy to point things out around the hotel and we found them very helpful, The setting is amazing and looks straight out to sea.
I have booked a suite with private pool and these on the beachfront looked amazing as well.
We had a drink on the roof terrace and when the bill came it was expensive so we enquired about all inclusive which we have now upgraded to for an extra 20 euros per person per day which i feel is good value.
The dowsides are that there is still a lot of work going on and im not sure how long it will take them but we were told that the spa will be finished by mid june and everything by mid august so we will wait and see."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2010

don't waste good money on this hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I really thought we were going to get the cream with this hotel for our honeymoon. It may be new and look nice but has many pitfalls. Staff are extremely rude, food was always luke warm and very porr quality, hygiene of the staff was also very poor. rhodes in gernal is extremely expensive. go somewhere all inclusive and if you get this hotel very cheap then go for it but at the prices they are charging they are not delivering the goods"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2010

Great hotel in a fantastic setting

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"This hotel is in a fantastic setting and the architecture is amazing. The bottom floor rooms all have plunge pools adjoining the rooms. Our room had an incredible view of the ocean and the bed was so comfortable.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was great.
Being a new hotel, they had a few teething problems but the staff were really responsive."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of May 2010

Hotels near AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort

Stayed at AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort? Share your insight.