Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 25th of April 2016

"I am listening to the reviews on here but I’m sorry, all I can see is people moaning about planes. Check the map before you book, yes 2 kms is close but that’s great on transfers. The occasional plane overhead the pool is more than made up by the exceptional family owned welcome you receive and constant attention. I was quite overwhelmed, the locals all go there which is always a sign of a good hotel and the staff can’t do enough for you.

Yes there is the odd cobweb or broken utensil (which they will fix strait away if highlighted) but you have to remember what Greece has been through over the past through years with many hotels going out of business. I find it amazing that this family and their dedicated staff work on and still give exceptional service not knowing if they will be paid or not.

I found a family there and I will be returning every year and hopefully to help them as I am a consultant with the major hotel chains in Europe and spend my life in the hotelier business, which they didn’t know or asked but still went out of their way to please.

Equidistant to all major locations on the island and right in the heart of the local village, Come, be surprised and are welcomed as a friend.

Marco Penfold BSc MCTS MCSE MCSA
Senior On boarding Project Manager
International Hotels Europe

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of April 2016

scam

Reviewed Tue 27th of August 2013

"All the aircraft that land on the island of Rhodes fly directly over this hotel and the noise is incredible approx' equivalent to 20 to 30 trains passing by at once. We went to bed each night with toilet paper in our ears in an attempt to block out the noise. As well as planes the hotel management are strange i.e. they seem to ignore the guests entirely. They rarely spoke to us and wanted us to use the back entrance. They give minimal self catering equipment and no more i.e. a plate fell from the drainer (usual poor quality type) onto the floor and broke. We did ask for another plate but they never provided it so we had to make do with just one plate for the majority of the time we were there. We understand that they must be very aggrieved about all the planes flying directly over their hotel but couldn't understand why they were completely oblivious to the needs of their guests until we realized that most leave after two or three days. It then dawned on us that they get paid for a week/two weeks stay but only have to accommodate guests for two/three nights which explained their attitude. As well as ignoring their guests they also allow the hotel to be used by the locals almost exclusively both the pool and the lounge areas.In the lounge area this locals policy is very unwelcoming In the pool area they have signs around one states that children must be accompanied by guardians/parents at all times but this does not apply to the local children who use it in large numbers. Avoid this hotel it's operating under false pretenses."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of August 2013

Couples holiday in Kremasti, Rhodes, Jetline travel, Margaret studios

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"After booking my holiday through Jetline travel I read the reviews...I was scared. They said they couldnt send me conformation of the booking for 7 days although the money had left my account. English is not their 1st language but i believe is a london call centre. In a panic I searched net with the flight info I was given and found the airline-Hellas (fly/viking) I called their customer helpline and spoke to a v helpful lady who said she wouldnt have the passenger info until 2 days before the flight. She called Jetline travel for me. The conformation came through the next day. We paid £224 pp for one week 2nd week of sep, flights and accomodation. This was slightly more than what was advertised. Naughty I agree but they all do this, It was still the cheapest deal I could find. Faliraki is cheaper than this but wanted to avoid there as wanted to stay in a less commercial area. Two weeks later I flew to Rhodes with my boyfriend. Arrived at Margaret studios (Hotel Margaret)The room was basic but clean. All we expected. This holiday was v cheap, if you want luxury, you pay more! The pool was big and clean and everyone was really friendly. They do charge extra for air con but if you read all the info when you book, they all do this, standard for an economy holiday. We didnt get the air con. It was quite warm in the room but we turned off our fridge every night so was cooler in the room. As for planes, yes it is loud in Kremasti with sat and sun being busiest. On the first morning one plane landing woke us up but by the second day we were used to it. It was actually quite amusing. We were out discovering the island all day every day..in our hire car-essential for discovering Rhodes. We went to Butterfly car hire in Rhodes. The Corsa was 150 euros for 6 days inc airport drop off. Be warned though many of the locals drive like maniacs! There were locals in the bar after football and local kids in pool on the Saturday but it was nice, adds to the experience of being in abroad. If you want to be around lots of English either stay in England or stay in one of the huge hotels in Rhodes town. Had such a lovely holiday, great food. Can recommend Romeo restaurant in Kremasti and Kahlua cocktail bar. The old town is lovely but some will try and rip you off. Lindos is v busy so go after 6pm. Shimbas in Kiotari is the cool party bar/club open all night. Elena beach restaurant in Sorini is lovely with an almost private beach. The beach in Scala is our fave and the seafood in Johnnys. Go to Georges in Psinthos, try goat! Apolakkia is nice go to the biggest taverna-cant rem name!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of September 2011

Noisey Kip

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This is definately not a place to go if you want a relaxing holiday, the noise from the planes was unbelievable, as for the noise from the neighbouring apartments, we might as well have been staying with them. Although the staff tried to be accomodating, the iidiots who stayed there, made this a place never to stay again, the only advantages were that it was five minutes from the beech, where tassos and his wife were a pleasure to meet, and also two minutes from the Village Inn pub, where the owner (who's name escapes me) and Lynda are are joy to meet.
Kremasti is a lovely relaxing village, which i will return to, but not to the margarets. Also the cleaning staff could do with cleaning the room more foten."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of November 2006

There must be some confusion!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We have just returned yesterday from a week in Kremasti staying at Margaret Studios.

Firstly, I would like to say that our holiday was excellent in Kremasti and Rhodes. Rhodes particularly surprised us with its great walled town and beautiful streets! Such a good atmosphere and although Kremasti is small and quiet, there is something charming about the area! The people are friendly and the beach is very relaxing.

However, we were greatly disappointed in our accomodation at Margaret Studios!! We were led to believe that there was a small issue with the overhead planes however little did we know that we were almost sitting on the runway!!! Good god, after one week of planes, no shower curtains, sheets and towels changed only once, constant begging for toilet paper, lets just say, we shall not be returning to Margaret and her studios! Shame that I cannot say the hotel staff made up for these things but in fact they only made matters worse by their constant rudeness and lack of consideration for their guests. Whilst 3 people sat in the bar, they blasted music until 1am knowing that 70% of their guests had to get up at 4am for their flight............"Margaret" is more interested in making money than customer service................"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Very Relaxing Trip

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I am just back after a week in the Margaret hotel with my boyfriend. We had such fun and met so many nice people. The apartments themselves are a nice size and if your lucky enough to get a pool view it's great. I would recommend getting the air conditioning for your room, it's a bit pricey but worth it, we didn't get it but we were sorry during the week. The cleaners came to the room every morning but if you were still in bed too bad you didn't get fresh towels etc. We didn't have a shower curtain though which was a mess or we didn't have a phone either. The noise from the aeroplanes is unreal, we were on the side of the run way (you could see it from our balcony) so the noise was very loud but I guess you do get used to it. The pool is a great size and you can have so much fun there. As all the reviews say the staff are very friendly especially Joanne and Louise in the restaurant at the pool. The food in the restaurant is lovely made on order, perfect for snacks and drinks during the day. We spent our whole trip at the pool as there was such fun there everyday, the sun beds are free and there is a supply of books, magazines and sun creams there for free too. We did go to the beach on the first morning but it's not nice it's all small stones and it was cold.
The Tuesday night BBQ is well worth going to as the food is very good and the Greek dancing is great fun.(everyone must participate btw) The bar is great fun and the measure you get are leathal but you get used to them!!!
Kremasti is a small village with nothing going on at all but Rhodes town is only about 10mins away and is lovely and great fun to go out in. I would recommend going into Rhodes at least once during your visit.
If you want to go and have some fun and totally chill out then this is the place to be."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Best craic in Rhodes!!!

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Margaret Studios is the place to be. I have stayed there for the past 3 years now and heading back again in a few weeks. Staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. Chris,Alexia, Joanne, Stergos,George.......the nicest people you could ever meet. Mostly Irish stay at this hotel. The craic is just brilliant. The bar at night is the place to be.People from other hotels come to this bar as it is renound for its fun.You get used to the aircraft noise after a few hours- at first you might think oh my god- but its grand.Nice decent sized pool- snack bar is great.They serve anything from your typical greek food to the regular cuisine of home.Nothing is a hassle for joanne and staff.Their bbq night is a scream! Great food and as for the entertainment- leave that to your imagination-fun for all. I came on recommendation to this hotel and have been raving about it since! Enjoy"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of July 2006

Friendly Apartments

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"The Margerat Studios were very nice,staff were very efficient and friendly. Joanne in particular in the snack bar was such a nice lady with a bubbly personality.Stercos & CO in the bar made us all feel welcome and were great craic!!!(I WANNA LEARN GREEK!!!)Cocktails literally were lethal!!Aircraft noise is very loud but after the first day you do get used to it & I would recommend the margerat studios to everyone!I will defo be going back to Rhodes and especially the Margerat Studios!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

Brilliant Hol

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed in Hotel Margaret in June 05. Went as a couple and had an absolute ball.We wanted a relaxing yet good holiday and thats exactly what we got. Weather was fab,,apartments lovely,,very clean, and staff are absolutely wonderful! We'd recommend going out for meal,few drinks and back to the hotel bar because thats where the most crack is! we had some great nights there..from what i was told because i cant remember.,,the cocktails are LETHAL!!! The only bad thing is the noise of the planes but u get used to it! I'd definitely recommend it! We met some great people and had great crack...GO FOR IT!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2005

really good

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We stayed at the margaret hotel/apartments in aug 2004 we had a really good time although kremasti is a small quiet town, you can have a really good fun.
the hotel itself is quite basic but it is comfortable and the rooms quite spacious. The pool is a good size, the only thing i have to complain about is that you have to pay two euros per bed a day and the food at the snack bar is'nt so great
the bar stays open all night and the two bar staff, sake and stergoss are really good fun they practically leave the bar when you do.
the beach is a 5 min walk away it's a rocky/sandy beach though your feet might be cut off you trying to get into the sea .The two people that make kremasti are tassos and his wife tsampika.
i will definatly be going back to kremasti and the margaret hotel/apartments again"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2004

Holiday 28th April to 5th May 2004

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Margaret Apartments/Hotel at Kremasti
Were clean and well equiped for Greece (Hot water, sink plugs and shower curtain). The owner/staff were very friendly. You will need to take your own toilet rolls. Loveley pool but you will pay 2Euros per day for a sunbed. You are directly under the flight path for all inbound planes. The noise is horrendous! You will be woken before dawn by next doors cockrel.
Kremasti is a one horse town with little to do, very expensive shops, about a dozen restaurants all keen to sell english food at rip off prices. The beach was appalling, and looked like a rubbish dump complete with ants and flies.
Rhodes-town is about 8 miles away. One Euro seventy on bus and nine Euros in a taxi. Great to look around, good beach and on a Monday and Tuesday all you can eat pizza at Pizza Hut for less than six Euros.
We have been to Rhodes and many other Greek islands before but sadly Kremasti was very dissapointing. I can think of no reason to ever return there!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of May 2004

Best Holiday Ever!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Margaret Studios in Kremasti a few years ago, in July 2000. We've been on lots of other holidays since then, but those 2 weeks still stand out in my memory as the best holiday I've ever had!
Kremasti is a typical little Greek village, not very lively and no, there is no night life, apart from a few bars and restaurants, but the bar in the Margaret Studios stays open pretty much all night if you want it to, and is known as the 'hot spot' of the resort. I agree, the cocktails are fantastic, but they're absolutely lethal! I hope to return there someday, preferably as soon as possible!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of February 2004

Hotels near Margaret Studios

Top traveller tips for Margaret Studios

• dynamark by dynamark

"kremast is ok but avoid this hotel "

Margaret Studios is also called