Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel

Kiotari Rhodes, Kiotari 851 09 Greece

excellent

"we went on the 16th of april.we had a great time! it was very clean,food was fantastic,hotel staff were friendly and very helpful.we read the reviews before we left and we had our concerns,not to worry people always try to find something to moan about.a hoilday is what you make it! for the price you pay it might not be 5star but at least a 4.everyone we meet is planning going back in september."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of May 2005

very disapointed

"were we guinee pigs for an early start to the season. two plane loads from gatwick and manchester arive in the early hours and the electricity go's down. great start no, help to find room in total darkness. next morning awake to find rhods is closed we are in the only hotel open on the island.
weather bearly better than what we had left and none of the 5 star facilities that we were promised. in fact it was bearly 3 star 40 euros deposit to hire 4 towels for pool. the sunstar rep was a complete joke and only intrested in selling trips around the island. i went on one such trip and as advised left my 2 keys at reception on my return i asked for my keys and was told they only had the one. they serched the reception area and came to the conclusion that i had not given it in. they told me that i would have to pay 60 euros for the key. i ignored them until the last day when the rep infomed me that i would be arested at the airport unless i paid. i protested but to no avail. add to that the 40 euros extra for the room untill 10pm so we could shower befor leaving for the airport and the 200 euros on car hire to eliminate the bordem it was'nt so all inclusive never never again."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2005

Excellent Hotel

"Booked here with Sunstar a few days before, flew out on March 26th. There was a queue to check in early morning but i queue at ASDA and never complain so i was ok with it. The staff were brilliant and the food was superb ( were both vegetarians so we had a field day). The barstaff were very good and the entertainers tried their best for 3 guys and a girl doing out of season budget entertainment. No complaints as the price was very good. I have read other reports about the rooms having 'Small Televisions' which probably came from the same overweight families who feasted on plates of chips every day as they obviously thought they could stay in their rooms all day watching repeats of Eastenders and Emmerdale. As for the complaints about smoking, the restaurant is a very large area and one side is smoking and one is non smoking, so i pressume the person who complained had a large rubber tube attached to his nose trailing over to the smoking area, if not he should apply for a job as a tracker dog in the SAS as he obviously has a superb sense of smell. Great holiday for out of season. Dave"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of April 2005

A less than five star experience at this Health Hazard

Good

"The booking via Sunstar holidays went without a hitch and we felt choosing a 5 star hotel would at least offer decent rooms of a high standard...but make no mistake the room and facilities were less than 3 star with mould in the bathroom, poor quailty fittings, a tiny telly, next to useless radio, a mini bar that was no more than an empty fridge and no tea & coffee facilities!!
We arrived on 10th October at 3.30am following a lengthy transfer from the airport to find ourselves in a very long queue at reception. Despite being particularly thirsty, there was no refreshments facilities at all whilst waiting in line and as we later found out, the room offered no improvement.
The location suited us fine with a reasonable beach close by, but if you are a NON smoker, do not go there.
It is an absolute health hazard...there are no provision for non smokers at all, there were people managing to hold their knife & fork in the restaurant area whilst puffing away - disgusting! Quests can smoke in their rooms, all bar areas, at the pools, lounges, shops, reception etc etc.
In all honesty, we couldn't wait to get home but even that was delayed by six hours involving additional cost in holding a room until 11pm, finally leaving the hotel at 5am.
We complained to Sunstar who took over two months to send us a patronising letter that ignored completely our health concerns and focussed on the flight delay which was a minor matter in the context of the complaint. They did explain that Greece has a different standard of grading hotels compared to the UK (which we understand), but having visited 3 star hotels at Crete and Corfu in the past, we know that Rhodos Village is over stated."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

beware overbooking

"Arrived 5am on 10/10/04 to be told no room for us and lots of other customers. They told us we would be taken to another hotel. Had to wait 3 hours for transport no drinks or food provided. Eventually they put our cases on a truck and a member of staff took us in his car. the replacement hotel was like butlins (kiotari bay hotel). They told us we could come back on the 13/10/04 at 10am which we did only to be told room not ready.after 2 hours we got our room a nice one with a sea veiw (a lot of rooms have poor views).
Food very good staff quick at clearing tables.
Rock bar short of glasses and when they decide to close thats it even if you are in the que.
not a lot of hot water for showers.
never again."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of October 2004

One of my best holidays EVER

Good

"We had been to turkey earlier in the year allinclusive and had been disappointed. What a delight to arrive at a hotel that looked the part as we walked in. The rooms are spotlessly clean,the pools (all 4 of them ) are safe for all age groups. If you want a holiday for kids this is not the place (sept 4th to 12th). The resort its self is very quiet but if you go all inclusive is that not a bad thing. I would advise people not to go here next year because I will be going next year and dont want my room to be already taken !"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2004

moaners hotel

"i have just returned home on sunday 29th august and had a fantastic time, all the accomadation is kept extremely clean pools bar areas bedrooms cleaned daily, the only thing i could complain about was the british holiday makers moaning about anything ,the entertainment was not fantastc but i have been holidaying for 25 years and you just accept that they are only ametuers trying their best and they did try hard from 10 in the morning untill midnight ,one of the entertainment team was excellent his name was nemo he deserves to be singled out, the resteraunt was the only thing i was not happy with it could do with being larger for the size of the hotel, the food was not fantastic but their was variety of diffrent foods meat, salads,pastas and a good selectin of deserts, i found the pizza resteraunt a nice change and the service from the waiters was excellent."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2004

I liked it, but my parents didnt?!

Good

"Well I was expecting it to be awful and boring because I was going with my parents and my sister, but I had such a great time! I went 14th- 28th August

Positives:
Plenty of choice in drinks
Close to the Beach
Nice surroundings
Close to a Supermarket
Good Service
Two Pools

Negatives:
VERY repetitive food
Jacuzzi falling to pieces
Long way from nearest town
Pebbly beach
Lots of kids running about

Personal Thoughts: (of a 15yr old)
I thought that I could go anywhere with my mates and felt freedom from my parents. The games room was OK but the football table was rubbish and you had to cough up 5 Euros deposit to play pool or table tennis, and it got VERY hot down there. There was plenty of activities during the day like beach volleyball, water polo (water polo seemed constant), table tennis and loads more! I was expecting loads of German/Belgiun people there because when I searched on the internet it was mostly german/dutch websites, but it seemed mostly british!

Email me with any questions
Emma"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2004

A very big disappointment, no way 5 star

"Recently returned back from the Rodos Village and really hated every moment of it. We went for 10 days and travelled with Thomas Cook. We were recommended this hotel by a member of their staff at one of the large Thomas Cook Travel Shops.

As we made the very long trek from the airport we eventually pulled up and although the hotel looked every bit 5 star from the outside, once we got in, it was most definately not a 5 star. It was caos in the reception area. Once we got to our rooms we were very disappointed. Very shabby, right over the bar below and we requested sea views. No shower curtain on bath, tv not working properly, fridge not working, air conditioning not functioning properly. Paint peeling on walls, cupboard doors did not close properly. Sink cracked and grubby.No mini bar. Not in the least 5 star standard. One good thing is that the sheets and towels are changed every day.

Food was grim. Reminded me of school dinners. Everybody queuing up getting the same old food, day in, day out. Hardly any variety and there were flies everywhere and on all the food. On last night, they served burgers that were raw inside. We informed the manager and he never returned to apologise or anything. Pizzeria was good on 1st visit and made a decent change from school dinners!

Hotel in general not air conditioned, only bedrooms and found that quite unbelievable for a hotel of this standard.

Pool areas, poor. Not enough sunbeds which resulted in us having to set our alarms to wake up at 7am to put towels out. There is a sign at reception saying that any towels in place before 8am would be removed by the management. What a joke! Broken tiles in pool, jacuzzi area, glasses not removed by pool area which resulted in frequent smashing of glass. Pool water, absolutely freezing and on 1st day discovered that the water in pool on hill was green!!! Was horrified.

Entertainment was an embarrasment. I was stunned that the entertainment was so below standard.

All drinks on all inclusive watered down and tasted awful. Fresh locally produced juice was nothing of the sort and was full of sugar and tasted foul.

We paid a fortune for this hotel and feel totally let down. This hotel is a 3 star at best and we were so looking foward to a fantastic holiday at a luxurious hotel. Were are definately going to write to Thomas Cook as the hotel we were promised seems a long way off from the Rodos Village Hotel.

It was a relief to leave.

If anybody would like any further information, I would be happy to supply further details."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2004

Just returned from a two week holiday here landed yesterday 5th Aug

"and I have to say previously to going I had read all the reviews on this site and perhaps that's why I enjoyed the holiday all the more, because by the point of departure from the UK I was really dreading the holiday, but in fact, it isn't half as bad as all that. Yes, there were problems, which I will highlight in a minute, but I'm a firm believer of making the holiday your own! On arrival we took a taxi transfer (which according to the guests who had taken coach was a great idea!), this was very quick and we were seen to on reception immediately. Here's where we encountered our first problem, we had asked for ground floor (as one of our party had a disability) and we were given a first floor room, the second problem came because we had 4 in our party 2 adults and 2 kids, the adults had proper beds, but there was only 1 CAMP BED (yes, kids sleep on camp beds) in the room for 2 children (both 8 years old). We complained to reception, and they did help out informing us that we would be moved to a ground floor room 2 nights later (which we duly were) and an extra camp bed was placed in the room for the time being. This took 4 hours of messing around to sort out, we were very tired, so we just agreed. The rooms are as stated here definately not 5 star, there as a neighbour of ours who liked the finer things in life and she absolutely refused to enjoy her holiday one bid, so stomped off with her LV luggage in tow! I would suggest it was a good 3 star, and the rooms could all do with some refurbishment. The food didn't cater for kids, but in some ways that was great for me, because it forced my very fussy 8 year old son to try different foods for once and in fact we all enjoyed the foods. The pizzeria was good, the pizza's were excellent but just note that if your going now book immediately for them as some guests staying for two weeks couldn't even get a place! We booked the day we arrived and managed to get a place for the following Thursday. Another small point, the soft drinks are in fact real cola and sprite which were worth the money alone...we got through loads of the stuff as the weather was in the 120's! The main pool area is superb for children and our kids loved the animation team (entertainment), all of them were very friendly and look out for Nemo if you are going, the kids adored him! Although the resort is isolated there is great car hire and the buses are very very easy to use and very cheap 1.60 e to Lindos, which is lovely. Our beach was very shingly but didn't bother the kids who relaxed by the watersedge mainly. We met some lovely friends on this holiday and although we all agreed we wouldn't go there again we did have a great time and came back home stress free. Watch out for the old sunbed issue though, some people were even taking the sunbeds in to there rooms to guarantee having one, get up before 8am and you'll be okay...operation sunbed commences thereafter! :0)"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2004

great for familys

Good

"We booked to stay here in July 2012, and had a fantastic holiday. We were sold the holiday believing the hotel was 5star however we would rate it more like 4. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the food nice although a little repetitive. If you would normally stay in a 5 star complex, then I wouldn't recommend this; you would be disappointed. We usually stay 4 star, so the hotel and service provided was what we are normally used to, so therefore were not disappointed.
There were a lot of family's staying at the hotel so very noisy around the pool, but this has to be expected. We had a huge problem regarding the sun loungers; the guests would go to the pool around 8 am and put there towels on the sun loungers to reserve them, then return to their room or go to break fast and come back a couple of hours later or some times after lunch. It was very common to see family's with very young children looking for a sun bed or shade and ending up without either; I think the management seriously need to do something about this.
The guests were a mix of northern European nationalities, mainly Germans, Polish,Russians and British. We had no problems with double bookings at this hotel although, we met 6 couples who were moved to a different hotel for 2 days, as there were no rooms available for them. If you do decide to stay at the Rodos village, please be aware of this as I heard this is very common. "

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2012

Rodos Village Hotel

Good

"I went here with girlfriend last august and we loved the hotel and teh views a cross the see. I must say that the hotel is more a 4 star then five, and probably not so good for those that have walking difficulties as it is build on a hill.

Brilliant staff and animation team. Food is great and overall the rooms are tidy and clean.

Very happy and we may return here in few years :)"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2012

Hotels near Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel

Stayed at Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel

• holidaylove by holidaylove

"Go if you want to be made feel special and welcome "

• holidaylove by holidaylove

"There are fantastic boat trips around the cliffs, beautiful! "

• hotelier by hotelier

"Shimbas beach bar was great for nightlife, excellent cocktails "

• Ken by Ken

"Good hotel quiet resort "

• lady lincolnshire by lady lincolnshire

"Nice hotel, food average, beach nice "

• kels bels by kels bels

"Not much out side hotel "

• R Law by R Law

"Good, clean fun hotel "

• Mick by Mick

"Worth hiring a car, great deal from the rep at the hotel "

• samtom by samtom

"go out on glass bottom boat great trip "

• mattcutt by mattcutt

"Visit Lindos, is a famous village and well worth the 15 min taxi ride from the hotel "

• Racdav by Racdav

"Have written confirmation from the hotel that your room is booked and available for your day of arrival. "

Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel is also called