Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa

Kiotari 85109 Greece

Smashing Hotel

Good

"Me and my family two small children stayed here last August 2003 and it was superb . Good food , good company all great"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2004

There are no negatives - believe me!!

"Stayed May 2003 booked again to return in June 2004 within two days of getting home. I have read with disbelief some of the previous reviews about this hotel and I can honestly say that you will ha ve the time of your life regardless of your age if you book a visit at the Rodos Maris. Nine of us (all neighbours!) stayed here in June of 2003 and we had an absolute ball. The kids ageing from 14 to 4 were all taken care off wonderfully from the kids club through to the kids restaurant, everybody was wonderful to them and it wasnt a chore or forced - they genuinely loved all the kids regardless of their nationality. The animation team lead by Toto were super, leaving you alone with a smile if you didnt wan t to join in and loving it if you did. We had no problems with overbooking as we went with JMC I think the problems may arise through independant travellers, and the rooms were perfect with good touches like a mini fridge which is stocked up every other day with water/coke/beer and of course is free and the esential hairdryer.
I could go on and on forever about this hotel and all its staff right from the Manager to Zoe the cleaner( who loves the English staying as she can practice her English ) everything is first class, and I think my actions are louder than words as we booked to return this June 2004 within 48 hours of returning home. We have all our family coming with us too to celebrate my fathers 60th birthday - a better place we could not find to spend it!! See you soon Rodos Maris."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2004

Absolutely Fabulous!!

"Our trip to the Rodos Maris Hotel was from 15 October to 29 October 2003 and it was absolutely fabulous. I can honestly say there was nothing you could fault about the hotel, staff, facilities (for adults and children), food, etc.

The choice of food was remarkable. It catered for all. If you fancied a change from the main restaurant you could also eat at the Taverna (Italian) a stones throw away from the main restaurant.

Everything was so clean and tidy. The maids who cleaned our room were so thorough and there everyday. They were very polite and made you feel welcome.

I must stress what wonderful and friendly staff there is at the Rodos Maris Hotel. The bar staff, reception, general staff and especially the Animation Team. The Animation Team were so helpful and fun to be around. They involved you in all activities during the day and night time entertainment. We were never bored during our stay, as there was always something to occupy you.

We will definitely be visiting the resort again in the not too distant future.

A big thank you to all that were there in October 2003 - you were all wonderful.

Phil Blackburn, Maxine Francis, Ryan Francis (Leeds, England)"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of November 2003

check in/check out

Good

"I have read many reviews of this hotel, I agree with some and not others, the setting is there for a great holiday. My issue is with the check in and check out regime. We booked for 7 nights but got six, and I have the feeling a lot of people have had this experience, so advise double checking ( in writing or e-mail with your travel agent prior to confirming your booking. What happened was as follows:- Arrived at Rhodes 06.30, transfer to hotel arrive about 08.20, allowing for usual baggage times etc. Went to reception, was told to go for breakfast, when pointing out our baggage aws in the foyer, was told it would be safe there ( which it was ), was allowed access to room at 10.00. Found that the room contained two singles and a cot!! Our 13 year old boy was not too pleased, neither were we as we had been charged adult rate for him! Went to request change to extra single, and this eventually input at 14.00. Manager was adamant that room could take 4 persons as advertised, it probabaly could, so long as you did not require any free space to do such unimportant things as walk. We had a return flight at 07.30 on the Saturday, the Friday being our last night of 7. On the morning of the Friday we found a note in the room saying check out time was 10.00, on checking with the manager, I was told that the standard procedure is that a room is held from 12.00 on the day before arrival, until 12.00 on the actual day we arrived, effectively saying that our access to an incomplete room at 10.00 gave us just two hours of our first night. This was compounded by him allowing us an extra two hours in our room, and kindly permitting us to change from beach wear to travel home clothes in a shower room attached to a gym, with doors which do not lock, and three suitcases to lug in and out of a, as you can imagine, a very wet floor area. We then were obliged to try to sleep on hotel sofas in reception ( which is a hive of activity 24 hours ) until our taxi at 04.15. Not a word of this is untrue, I have never felt moved to complain before, but two things in finality, A) The resort is capable of providing a wonderful holiday, just beware of this apparent con of operating a six days for seven system. B) Dont believe a word this manager says, he is just another bully boy, probably at his masters behest, in which case the company who own the resort are equally at fault. Other organisations run perfectly good operations without this sort of shysterism, so why not get rid of him, or better still send him on a customer service and staff management course. P.S.
Food, drinks, place all excellent ( you get what you pay for ) and really excellent staff on appalling wages and working hours."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2003

absolutly loved the whole holiday, two weeks wasn't enough

"my wife and i stayed at the hotel from the 27th aug to 10th sept 2003, we had a wonderful time, no over booking, and we couldn't fault the hotel or staff, in fact the staff went out of thier way to be helpful, and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, and always served us with a smile, the hotel was clean, the food was clean and hot, with veriety to suit everyone, we read the reviews after we had booked and was horrified, but when we got there we really couldn't understand why it was having any bad press, i would personaly like to thank all the staff, from the beach bar, to the hotel staff, right down to the maids and cleaning staff, friendlier people you could not wish to meet, my fondest regards to Dimitrios patsas, thanks for looking after us so well, and you can be sure we will be back, John & Kath James"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2003

Overbooking - Aug 2003

"Arrived 21 /08/03 early AM. We had booked 2 rooms. by chance, I read of previous overbooking last year so I rang the hotel direct prior to leaving only to be reassured that our rooms would be available. In addition I also rang our tour operator who also reassured me that every thing will be fine as we had "confirmation" of the booking!! BIG mistake, I had wasted my time with the calls, as when we arrived at 3.50am the guy on reception said there was no rooms available until 8am? they persuaded us to be moved across the road just until morning..... what a dump it was too. Princess Sun. (It may have been a princess 40 years ago!!) After a great deal of arguing, and waiting around we were given keys to two bungalows, on inspection we rejected, they are 2 star at best. We did then manage to get our rooms by 4pm. It seemed that all of the reception staff were well trained on dealing with the overbooking and I feel it is a big con, in order for the hotel to increase revenue and occupancy rates at the travellers expense...
how many people paid for the same room each week!!! I do agree with Mr Peate, if you have stayed at a real five star, you will be very disappointed at Rodos Maris. (I suggest you go to the Moon Palace Sunrise in Cancun Mexico if you want to try a REAL 5 star) As for the managers response to Mr Peate's views, I think he is in denial, or he must be managing at a different hotel? It just demonstrates what a poor manager he really is, if he can't recognise he has big problems any future travellers will have no chance of finding any improvement. I have lost confidence that the MED can offer true five star, they certainly would not be able to cope with the demands of the Americans who expect great service (especially when they have paid for it) I shall stick to the 5 star caribbean, I know its a pain with the extra travel time etc, but at least you know that you will have a great holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2003

wonderful holiday

"As with any hotel you read good and some very worrying reports, as i did with this hotel. To our delight, my wife and i found the Rodos Maris to be a super hotel very clean with friendly staff. entertainers were great fun.food buffet to a good standard, as most reviews stated not 5star more like a good 4star. but if as i did, you book a late deal, its very good value. quite resort, if you want to relax on a very quite beach or join in the fun at the pool your chose. we will return to this hotel next year. and im fussy. Did the bad reviews go to the same Hotel or are they just proffesional moaners?"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2003

We had a lovely time despite previous reviews

Good

"September 18, 2003 We have just returned from the Rodos Maris in Rhodes and have to say we had a lovely time. We were extemely concerned after reading the various reviews on the Rodos Maris. However upon on arrival we were booked straight in, our cases delivered to a decent room. I would not say the accomodation is 5* but to be honest few are in Greece unless you are lucky. We have just returned from a 5* in Mexico and the two were like chalk and cheese however, it does vary between countries.
The room was clean and the view was good. We were greeted every evening in the dining room, food was more than adequate - not a great choice but definately something for everyone - approx 5-6 dishes per evening including vegetarian. Breakfast was good as was lunch. The wine was certainly drinkable. We has no problems with anything at all. The waiters took our orders in the evening and the drinks were bought promptly. The entertainment was not up our street, but there were comfortable seating areas where we we happy to pass the time of day. We had no noise at all late at night. The sheets and towels were changed every day which of course you would expect in a five star hotel but there were no toiletries, tissues, writing paper, robes etc but hey...... So if any of you out there are heading for the Rodos Maris we hope you have a good time.

Gill and Roy Butcher and Christine and Christopher King Sept. 2003. So all in all, it was jolly good value and we would certainly return at some later point."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2003

Lovely hotel shame about the tour operator

Good

"As suspected on arrival we were taken to the wrong hotel as we had booked the rodos village not the maris we complained to the sunstar rep who was a complete waste of time but as there nwas about 30 people complaining it did seem a little pointless. The hotel maris was exellent nowhere near a 5* but all the same it was clean friendly with exellent food & service we didnt have to wait long for drinks or a table in the restarant. However the entertainment was a little bland of an evening. Myself male aged 41 wife aged 38 have holidays 3-4 times ayear rangeing from 1*aoa to 5* all inc so i think we have enough experience to rate a hotel, The rodos maris would be a 3*plus"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of September 2003

wonderful holiday

Good

"after reading alot of these reviews i was slightly worried about the overbooking situation.we contacted the hotel directly before we left on 13/8/03 and were reasured that we had two rooms.we traveled independanly so had no reps as such although when we did arrive med-hotels did have a rep there twice a week.the hotel on first appearance looked wonderful and our opinion never altered the whole time we were there.one of our rooms wasnt as good as the other but after speaking with the management it was changed the following morning to what we considered must hav been in the best location as it was on the front overlooking the sea.the rooms were spotless and huge,better than imagined.the staff especially the entertainment team and cleo the life guard were friendly and made the holiday just that extra special.even the bar staff in the indoor pool bar were excellant to the point were one of them brought our drinks without being asked as soon as he saw they were finished.he remembered the whole round for the 6 of us!the food was excellant in both restaurants and was very varied.you did have to queue to be taken to a table but it was very well organised ,we found going early avoided most of the queues.the only down point are the steps as previosly mentioned .always wear flip flops .the pool area is very slippy.the sun bed situation is the same where ever you go but if you made the effort to get up then there wasnt a problem.i think the problem of not getting a sunbed was down to greedy guest who were putting towels on pool sunbeds then going down to the beach for most of the day.on a whole the holiday was brilliant but i think the hotel does need to renovate alot of the rooms as some are below the standard of others.never saw any overbooking though."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2003

Great Hotel

"Best experience on a Greek Island
Highly recommended
Great fun for children and adults
Would go back anytime
On the higher price ladder and worth every bit of it."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of September 2013

NOT the 5 star hotel i expected and a nasty assistant hotel manager!

"Well a 5 star rating certainly means something else in Greece because i've stayed in 5 star hotels in Malaysia, Hong Kong and UK and this certainly only rates a 3 star to me. My husband, 14 year old daughter and myself stayed here from 22-29 Oct 2011.

Negatives points: Room was dirty so had to be moved, no irons available to borrow (apparently it's to avoid accidents with young children which is a poor excuse when children could access bread knives in the resturant as we witnessed!!!), Half the hotel staff were miserable and couldn't be bothered (last week of the season so they didn't give a hoot!), the Spa was closed down even though the season hadn't ended so we couldn't use that, the safe in the room came at a 25 euro a week cost (never been charged for a room safe before!), 60% of the hotel rooms were empty yet we were charged 65 euros to have a late check out due to our flight time, pool was absolutely freezing, air con in the room didn;t work properly, food was warm not hot, 2 days before we left the inside bar had run out of rum and didn't restock as the season was nearly over! Cocktails were awful, a la carte menu not so a al carte lol!! and finally the icing on the cake was when my husband and i spoke to the assistant hotel manager expressing our annoyance that the spa was closed down when we had paid alot of money to stay in this resort and spa.....the assistant manager lost him temper and became very aggressive towards me. He did apologise through gritted teeth once my husband had put this pig of a man back in his place.

Positives: The animation team were fantastic and very funny. Iva (Eva) and Andreas were very popular and they done a brilliant job. It's a shame it's Iva's last season as everyone loved her. George the pool barman was fab too, very sweet. Close to the beach....apart from that i can't find any more positives!!!!

Would definately NEVER return here despite all of these positive reviews. Oh and if you do go i suggest hiring a car to explore the island!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of October 2011

Hotels near Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa

Stayed at Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa

• mac22 by mac22

"In the hotel grounds, lots of choice's of food, Lindos is a must visit "

• scamel13 by scamel13

"would definently go back there loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• scamel13 by scamel13

"lindos you must see very pictureasqe "

• trussy by trussy

"Going to Rhodes and waterpark "

• meryn by meryn

"Dont go there-go to Lindos or Rhodes town "

• meryn by meryn

"Lindos withiut a shadow of a doubt "

• aine78 by aine78

"Don't stay here to begin with but hire a car if you do as this is definately the quiet part of the island (which is a good thing) "

Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa is also called