Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa

Good

Dated, damp & dirty - Not 5*!

Reviewed Fri 11th of May 2018

"One night here (in 1104) was one too many - checked out next day due to filthy room which stank of damp including the bedding. Were offered an alternative but the stench was even worse!
Staff extreemly unhelpful - would certainly not reccommend!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2018

Do not stay here if you expect Iberostar quality

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We have stayed at a number of iberostar hotels worldwide and picked this Hotel for that reason, however this is the worst Iberostar ever stayed in, NOT 5 STAR.

Food just OK, a cattle market to find table ang get food, too many ignorant Russians who are rude beyond belief.

Reception staff unhelpfull, on thrre occaisions they mislead me (being polite could have said "lied") Never a Manager on hand to voice concerns.

Beach is NOT SANDY and you have to pay for loungers. the loungers are the most uncomfortable ever experienced plus no cushions.

food at pool bars is Pizza only"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

A good 4 out of 5

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel from the 8th to the 15th May. Excellent time to visit as the season had just started so the hotel was not too busy. The weather was great too, mid to high 20's + everyday. The room was spacious and clean. The food was poor at times and certainly not deserving of 5 stars. They seemed to like cuttlefish and a lot of pork, which was not to my liking, but there was plenty of other things on the menu to choose from. The staff were hard working and the animation team friendly. I must give a special mention to the reception staff and the front of house manager who tried to attend to my every need.

The hotel is large and in a beautiful, yet somewhat remote location. The beach is not far away and can be accessed, either through the hotel or via a public road, which is where, my only complaint of this hotel will come. The hotel is split into two main halves by a busy narrow public road. Unfortunately, my room was looking out directly unto this road which made the noise from delivery lorries, cars, coaches and mopeds at times quite unbearable. As mentioned before, the reception staff were very understanding of this and offered my alternative rooms, but neither had the level of convenience that my original room had, so I decided to put up with the noise.

There is a supermarket onsite, that offers everything you may need during your stay. The staff were friendly enough and I was generous enough not to ask for my change on one occasion, but suffered dishonesty by the manager of the mart on a separate occasion. She probably thinks that I was really dumb and that I hadn't noticed, but I've chosen instead to share it with you guys, so that your not short changed and deceived by such a hoodwinker!

Lindos is about 5 - 10 minutes away by taxis which costs about 20 Euros one way, which I think was really expensive, or you could opt for getting a bus which is a little like hiking when you consider the remoteness of the hotel, whichever way you choose, the views when you get there are majestic!

Overall a very enjoyable stay that I would recommend to anybody."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of June 2010

A relaxing and pleasant experience

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We were transferred to the Iberostar when our original hotel told us that they were 'renovating' our room. In the end we were pleased as the Iberostar was well equipped and the room clean, well presented and large. The bathroom was large with bath, shower and two sinks. A small flat screen TV with CNN, BBC World and German and Italian channels.The hotel is extensive. We were on a full board basis and there certainly was plenty of food. The dining room could get busy, but you did not have to wait. OK the food got slightly repetitive, but generally you could eat healthily if you wished and there was plenty of variety. Staff were friendly and helpful. The best part were the pools. There were several and attractive. The main pool had a relaxed feel and there was no competition for chairs. The pool at the top of the complex was virtually empty for most of the time. The hotel could have done with more greenery - it was quite stark and an exercise centre would be a good addition. Shame the internet access is so expensive. A family hotel really. Pleasant for a week - and if you are a sunbather, probably perfect."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of June 2010

A holiday to remember

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We travelled to Lindos Imperial 8-15 May 2010 with our two daughters aged 8 years and 18 months. We were looked after from the moment we arrived.
We stayed in room 3122, which was a spacious family room. The room was very well presented and very clean. The standard of the room is deffinately 5* compared to some others in Greece.
The food must have improved since other reviews were written as we didnt find it repetitive at all. There is a vast choice on offer at all mealtimes and we chose to eat in the main restaurant for most meals (we did dine out on 3 occasions). The hotel seems to cater for its international clientelle very well with something on offer for everybody. The food was very well presented and cooked well with the freshest ingredients. I have been All-Inclusive previously but this was deffinately a class above.
Animation team were fantastic with both our children and took no for an answer if we didnt want to get involved. They work very long days but are always full of energy and smiling.
Pool area was great, always clean. We stayed at the main pool for the duration of the holiday as it suited our circumstances, the hotel was very quiet at our arrival as it is the beginning of the season so the main pool seemed to be where most people gathered.
I agree that a hire car is needed if you wish to explore the area beyond the complex as it is quite remote, but that is also a good thing as it is in a quiet area with no random people wandering the complex. We hired a car on site - a representative from one of the hire car companies is based in the lobby every morning and evening - for just 90 Euros for 3 days, which is a good price.
Bar staff were great too with waitress service to the outside terrace and a good range of cocktails on offer - however, they need to work on the Mojito's!!!
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our 5* experience here and would deffinately return."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2010

Iberostar Imperial

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I travelled to Rhodes for a family wedding with my husband and 20 year old daughter and 22 year old son as well as two ladies in their 80's...I found the level of customer service exceptional...not only were we well cared for nothing was too much trouble. Considering we were a party of such wide ranging ages we all had a wonderful holiday. There were few British people staying at the hotel and everyone we met was charming. It was wonderful to meet all the other nationalities Italian German Dutch Russian and French. We all got on so well... the entertainment team were magnificent in bringing everyone together. The restaurant staff were fabulous and the food was good quality and well cooked with and very good variety...the bar staff were super.... I had the most wonderful time in the spa...Three drawbacks... you do need a car...we had one anyway so we got out and about...the complex is quite steep in places and finally I beg the hotel please get rid of the dreadful keyboard player in the Piano Bar"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of September 2009

unfriendly staff

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I was very disappointed because one greek receptionist refuse to print an important email to me even I intended to pay for it.Shame on you,5 star hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Luxury at it's most finest

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"It's hotel that definitely lives up to it's 5 star qualities, the view from each room is spectacular, the service is excellent, the food is exceptional, good but not the best, but there are restaurants at the hotel where the food is 5 star quality. There is always things to do, and the entertainment is always different every day so you will never get bored. I recommend this hotel too anyone who wants to go to rhodes for relaxation and to get away from there every day hustle."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Really nice, but not without mistakes

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"Reception - large, clean, staff very helpful, wifi available

Pools - it was great, that we could choose noisy/normal/relax pool, altough in the end, about 200 italians arrived to the hotel and did not respect the silence at the relax pool

Food - definitely could be better, we were in a lot of hotels and food was like a 3* in Spanish resorts; always the same; Italian, Mexican, Chinese and Greek restaurant was stylish, but the food they served was also available in the main restaurant that day

Bars - great, however the did not make classic long drinks like mojito; it was a little bit boring that the main bar closed at midnight.. and always the same "live" pianist in the main bar, playing the same songs over and over again

Rooms - great, almost every room has a see view; they are clean, equipped with everything needed

Staff - lot of czechs, slovaks, albanians and also greeks; very fast, communicative, many fluent english and german speakers

Offered services are 5*, but the food and also staff is not. Annoying woman trying to show you the table in an empty restaurant? What the hell?"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2009

Disaappointed from Kent

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This hotel was not our original choice, having been moved by our tour operator from Rodos. However, on first impressions the Reception area was impressive and staff helpful. As the holiday went on we were less impressed to say the least. Facilities could have been much better. The Activity area (disco, amphetheatre, pool) was at the further point in the hotel, at the topof a hill! There was only one restaurant with three others that could be booked the day before, Chinese, Italian and Greek (the Greek restaurant had to be paid for although we were all inclusive). These 'specialist restaurants' seemed to serve the same food as the main restaurant. We found the room spacious but it could have been cleaner, and one day we had no bath mat in the bathroom! The crockery and cutlery in the restaurant was more often still dirty and the food was very repetitive, boring and was certainly NOT 5* food. There were pool bars which only served drinks, and one main bar for the evenings. This did not open until 5.30pm and we had to pay for drinks after midnight, although we were AI. Staff were lovely, always friendly and they always had time to talk to you. The entertainment crew, although asking you to join in their fun and games, always took No for an answer and did not pester you like in other resorts. Beware, the beach is shingle, not sand. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so don't go there is you want to eat out!! The local bus stop is a 10-12 minute walk fromt he hotel. Overall, we did not think this was a 5* resort."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

relaxing

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"The hotel is lovely and staff very frendly,although the hotel is badly laid out,the disco and theatre where most of the evening entertainment is,is a long way from the hotels main bar and when we finally got there to see the show the bar was closing so we sat there without a drink(for a short while before heading back down to the main bar!)after that we never went up there again,the first couple of days we were there we were constantly being asked by the entertainment team to join in with everything from table tennis to kids clubs when all we wanted to do was sit by the pool they finally left us alone when my husband lost his patience when we were interupted while eating our evening meal,i know they have a job to do, maybe its because the hotel was quiet, it was begining of the season and they were a bit keen.but overall we did have a quiet relaxing holiday with lovely surroundings, lovely hotel with comfortable rooms and really friendly staff especially in the hotel shop!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of June 2009