About The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa

Good
Good

Perhaps think again?

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"We have never complained about any holiday accommodation in our lives. Our reviews have always been positive, as we do accept no one is infallible and mistakes, for the most part, are understandable. However,
we feel this time we have a duty to comment accordingly:-
If you are expecting friendly staff, hot varied meals, or just cold varied meal, working equipment (some of which were Health and safety requirements: the broken gym equipment and no pool lights, at night, were downright dangerous) go to another hotel.
This hotel, we feel is not as advertised by Thomsons First Choice: 3T maybe, but 5T we don’t think so.
Even the Thomsons rep, at the hotel, concurred with all our view.
She identified, at the same resort, several far better hotels all of which were of a lower Thomsons ‘T’ rating.
She also asked us to report any issues to her personally: If you report them to the hotel staff, nothing will get done!
We feel it is fair to expect, when you pay for a Thomsons First Choice 5T standard, not to have tables just covered with raffia like mats; just shook and wiped with a dirty damp cloth (and many times not even wiped) before seating, limited and cracked cutlery and a supposed long trouser evening rule honored by all and not 'ridden rough shod' over by a 17-19 year olds (with parents) in a sandy sweat vests, dirty football shorts and trainers.
And perhaps staff with modicum courteousness (albeit credit to the foyer bar staff: they (alone) did work so hard to try and please people).
Whilst the rooms (our sin particular) were large and modern our pillows smelled of sweat and vomit. We ask several times for them to be changed. Eventually the hotel staff changed them but .......just THE COVERS! and, as stated, our pool lights did not work at night. We did report it and nothing was done leaving it hidden for some unsuspecting person/ people to fall into.
On the second day my husband became ill with extreme diarrhea lasting in total 5 days (3 days in bed, 2 days regaining mobility, we were only there for 7 days). I spoke to the Thomsons First Choice rep about it and she asked if we needed a doctor we said "no": Our logic - our daughter is a Doctor and we constantly contacted her, concerning what to do, and if this establishment can masquerade as a 5 T hotel, we felt concerned of what the Doctors/ hospitals going to be like?
We determined, following conversations with other guests who arrived with us, my husband was the only person to eat the cling film wrapped sandwiches, offered to us all, at our early morning hotel arrival. All other meals we had shared. Make of this what you will.
Some reviews of this hotel talk of meals and facilities we never saw, or even advertised, at this hotel! So beware: I feel some of these reviews may have been from people who have never been here - WE HAVE!
We feel you should think very hard before you go to the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, and based on the, we feel, 'couldn’t give a dam' attitude by Thomson’s First Choice post care service, we feel you should book with another company: We feel their return correlated to ‘Oh well better luck next time’.
Do not make the same mistake we did. We feel you should go back to your travel operator and CHANGE THIS HOTEL (and perhaps your travel operator).

WE HAVE experienced FIRST HAND the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2015

Cant wait to get back!

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2014

"My husband and i stayed at the Kresten Royal in early July 2013. The room was great, clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful. The food was amazing with a fantastic selection from 7am until midnight. We enjoyed this hotel so much that we are going back in September with both our sons."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2014

Dissapointed

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I just arrived back from the Kresten Royal on Sunday the 14th October 2012, when we arrived we where shown to a Villa, i thought yes That'll do for me, as we opened the door a stench hit us right away the place was full of dampness right up the walls so i got on the phone and after a fight they eventually offered me another Hotel because they where full, the next day they got us back to a different room. The Hotel itself was fine but the food was really poor, especially at the beach bar nothing was covered, we went down to get a coffee and a cake, Honestly they where covered with flies I'm not talking about one or two there was hundreds, but they never covered them once, we told the tour guide and she said she would see about it. I personally will never go back to this hotel, when we where leaving we spoke to a few other Brits and they where telling us that 5 people had food Poison with one pregnant girl having to go to Hospital, so my advise Dont go near this place. "

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2012

Brilliant hotel

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2012

"We arrived on the 6th December 2012 for 1 week. Like many readers we had seen reviews of the Hotel, should you listen to reviews yes but I would say go with the majority. We had booked originally to go to Mitsis Rodos Maris I changed this having read lots of poor reviews.
I can honestly say I was not disappointed with changing the hotel. My view on holidays is you pay out lots so expect a nice holiday. Chrysanthi Samioti the Manager at the Kresten Royal Villas and Spa has to be singled out for making our stay so enjoyable.
Accommodation we were allocated a Junior Suite with a pool, the view was truly spectacular.
Food I would not say I am critical but when a hotel claims a 5 star rating I expect same this is why I changed my booking I can say the food was fantastic Caroline’s a vegetarian the hotel tried to look after her needs.
Cleanliness of hotel could not be faulted.
Staff attitude:- Staff are very friendly and always willing to go extra mile.
Trips- We found overpriced, we paid for lunch and were very disappointed, we would suggest if you do go on trips don’t buy lunch as part of trip instead take a walk along to another bar etc and get a better lunch.
We were pleased we took the opportunity to go on some trips as it allowed us to see lots of Rhodes.
Taxis – love fact you can get one outside of hotel, you don’t get ripped of as prices are set, other countries could learn a lot from this.
Transfer Time- If you booked with Jet2 the transfer time should be taken with a pinch of salt as we have always found jet 2 exaggerate it by saying its much shorter than it is. Our advice is book a taxi or get a taxi at the airport, a 2hr plus transfer is tiring after a long flight .
Overall recommendation:-
In terms of Holidays I cannot recommend the hotel enough we will be back as we loved it so much.
I will shortly be putting some pictures on line as this Hotel deserves all the praise it receives. Thank you to all the Hotel staff for making our stay a truly enjoyable experience.
Dave and Caroline

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

modern hotel great value for money

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Myself and my girlfriend stayed here from 20th June to 28th June 2011 and were really impressed, we went all inclusive and payed about £500 each for our stay, well worth the money, the hotel is very new acouple on months old with a sleek and modern feel, rooms large with a big balcony over looking the pool and sea, the food was very good as all inclusives can get very repetative but there was a great choice all the time....you have no worries with the food! two pools both very nice both get a nice breeeze from the sea. Its 15 minutes from the airport and about the same to Rhodes old town......really nothing to moan about, the evening entertainment was a bit poor but after a few cocktails i did not really care, all the wines were nice....you must go all inclusive as cocktails were 8.50 euros a go! This is a very good hotel with friendly staff...stay here you will not regret it!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2011

Truely Fantastic!! Lovely people, stunning hotel, amazing place!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Just returned today from the Kresten Royal Villas and Spa!!

Firstly, The hotel is fantastic and extremely good value for money!!
We are not the easiest pleased people but this was truely fantastic!!
Ignore the bad reviews!!

We paid the extra and upgraded our room to a junior suit with our own pool!!! ( I would recommend this)
Never a problem with sun loungers!!
Fruit and water in our room when we arrived,
The hotel is huge and although almost full you would never of though it the bars and restaurant were never packed always loads of seating etc..

Rooms were very clean!

Hotel staff were some of the most polite and easy to talk to i have ever met!!
Ask the Bar man for one of his specials cocktails!! (very nice!!)

All in all fantastic hotel with fantastic staff!!! Give it a try!!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2011

Service and staff friendliness are excellent

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Although this is a new hotel and some functions were still being constructed, the staff were doing their utmost to help and welcome the guests and respond to every wish, especially the dining room team, led by the chef (Mr. Panayotis) and the host (Mr. Michaelis). Excellent Service.
Other Pros - 3 types of swimming pools (sea water, regular, indoor-heated), private beach, amazing view, facilities were exceptionally clean."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

Great hotel

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"A very good hotel complex, very friendly staff ,from receptionist to waiters and bar staff. High standard of cleanliness, wide choice of food from the restaurants, something for everybody.Pleasing to go out and get a sun bed at any time without towels on at the two pools.Would recommend this and return.Probably not a full 5 star, but a good attempt at it,without the 5star cost, a good bargain for what we paid, on the all inclusive, including the well made cocktails."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

great hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"this is a great hotel! i had a really good time. the prices are cheep, splendid food and the place is relaxing. i consider taking my kids and grandkids over here, and next time i want to rest i will know to come here."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2011

Kresten royal little gem!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We have just come back from the kresten royal villas and spa and had a fantastic holiday, the hotel is 20 min away from airport and is so clean and welcoming,
The rooms are great with a jacuzzi bath and plenty of space and very clean.

The staff were amazing and so very very friendly, food was hot and plent of it alth we did sicken ourselfs with the feta, salads and cheeses but that was our own fault!!!!
Would love to go back and was fantasic value for money.
Only problem was not enough staff on in the bars and the poor bar staff stuggled alth they were amazing so hope fully there will be more staff employed."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2011

Fabulous. Ignore all other postings for this hotel.

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I was so worried after reading reviews on this website about what we would be turning up to. Some kind of building site deserving a slot on a holidays from hell tv show? To say I was feeling smug when we pulled up outside on the transfer coach and heard everyone else muttering that they hoped their hotel was as nice! We walked into a formidable and beautifully decorated lobby and it was smiles from there on in. A beautiful hotel that I could write pages on but am wary of a word limit this site imposes! Book this and you will not be disappointed. Between myself and my partner we have stayed in hotels on most continents and have both worked in fields where customer satisfaction is paramount. This did not disappoint(on the whole, few small tweaks needed but its a new hotel with senior staff providing excellent service and that just needs to be instilled in the more junior, and very keen, staff). We are already thinking a trip back next year is called for....."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2011

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Carsten Royal is a brand new hotel, my family were on a holiday at this hotel for five days during April, the hotel staff is professional quality teams i ever met at most hotels around the world! Food served at a very high standard is delicious. Large spacious rooms with great view to the sea ​​. Public areas and restaurants are very large. we had agreat time and perfect time for familys ang groups!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2011

Hotels near The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa

Top traveller tips for The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa

• David B by David B

"Upgrade to Junior Suite "

• Pamela T by Pamela T

"Try both restaurants as well as the main food area "

• Linda13531 by Linda13531

"Do not go to this hotel! "

The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is also called