A Dream Hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"Just wanted to let you all know in my opinion this is the best Hotel on the Island. Its situated on the beach and the location was great! We have just come home after spending a week relaxing and celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary. I would not say this Hotel caters well for young children and to be honest most of the people staying were 40+, mostly couples. If you are looking for a realaxing, quiet Hotel, this is spot on. The accomodation was immaculate and I couldn't fault it at all. (we did request a low room and we were on the first floor overlooking the pool/sea) The food was excellent and no two evening buffets were the same. The staff were friendly, very attentive and helpful. There really isn't alot to do on the Island but there is alot of history here and a trip to the Acropolis in Lindos is a must. However, not advisable for young children or people who have limited mobility, there are 300 steps to the top! As we went in October it was still busy so I wouldn't think in Summer it wouldn't be so pleasent with more visitors. Rhodes is a beautiful city, and a trip to both the Old Town and New Town is a must.
Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I definately would return out of season but only to this Hotel. If you have booked - you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2011

holiday 2009

Reviewed Mon 22nd of June 2009

"just back from hotel ,can onlydescribe it as a beautiful hotel in a superb location close enough to faliraki and rhodes to be handy but not close enough to get in the way.the only downside would be that it is not the best for kids entertainment .but everything else is truly amazing staff were very friendly and the food was great "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

just got back after a fortnights stay at...

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2008

"just got back after a fortnights stay at rodos palladium, couldn't praise it highly enough!!!
immaculate grounds & hotel itself just awesome, highly professional staff in every aspect of their jobs, room size & specification just right, foodwise, have gained an extra stone from the evening buffet!!
definately worthy of its 5 star status-only downside is (for a younger couple!) evening entertainment although high standard was sometimes abit on the quiet side but if you want a slightly livelier night out a euro bus journey to faliaraki or rhodes town is a must, especially with bus stops right outside the reception area!
couldn't thank all concerned with our holiday enough for the best 2 weeks vacation my wife & i have ever had."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

As a youngish couple (35-45) we stayed a...

Reviewed Fri 18th of January 2008

"As a youngish couple (35-45) we stayed at the Rodos Palladium on our first holiday together. Fantastic hotel, great seafront location (and I mean on the seafront!), fab pool and wonderful food. Couldn't fault it. Definitley worthy of its 5* rating. Staff were very attentive but not in your face. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend, you wont be disappointed (and we're really fussy!). Not sure if new hotel is being built next door or nearby? the Elysium? ready sometime 2008?"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

wonderful expereince

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel and had a wonderful time.
After staying in many 4 and 5 star hotels in the last 15 years I have to say that this is up there with the best of them.
Please do not pay any attention to the bad reviews on this hotel as they do not bear any resembelance to the experience that we had.
I agree that some days it was a bit windy by the pool as the writer of the last review stated, but with the hotel being located right on the beach this has to be expected and on a blisteringly hot day was very refreshing.
We got married at this hotel through Thomsons and it really was as they stated a wedding in paradise! .The staff here could not do enough.
The hotel is imaculatly clean and all the staff friendly and helpful, Dinner is excellent with a buffet starter and a served main meal of which there are 3 to choose from - 1 always being vegetarian.
Yes the location is a bit remote but this is stated in the brocures and the buses and taxis are easy to use and quite resonable in price
The pool area is lovely set right by the beach with sourounding grounds which are beautifuly kept, there were always spare sunbeds available no matter how late you got up.

All in all this a wondeful hotel and I would reccomend it to anyone, We will be back next year for our first wedding anniversary."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

Not a 5 star hotel- not even close

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Date: 6/6/06
Rodos Palladium, Rhodes Greece
Just returned from 2-1/2 weeks touring Greece and 2 islands, Rhodes being one of them. Our travel agent booked us at the Rodos Palladium because it was "rated" 5 stars. We could not opt out of the meal plan (breakfast and dinner). The rooms- Our first room was in the basement where lighting in the corridor was minimal, painting was being done and a strong mold smell was present. The room had a very strong smell of a carpet freshener. The a/c was not operational (they laughed when asked when it would be). We insisted on being moved to above ground accomodations which happened the next day, after some pushing. Restaurant- The food (buffet style w/2 entrees to choose) was worse than cafeteria food. Same stuff every day (recycled?); wine was pricey (local only offered) and not very good. Staff in restaurant was helpful, cheerful and provided good service. We however never did get "our table". They assign you a table on your first day which you are to be seated every evening at dinner. We never did get that. The last 2 days we ate out in town. Entertainment- Cheesey lounge piano. Bar did have a band one night--everyone liked it--upbeat, dancing--they only were booked for an hour. When they were done everyone left. Prices at all the bars were high- even for coffee (3.50 euro)--offered only Greek and German beer--staff was good. Front desk: Acted as if it were a chore to do their job. Pool- cold (again pool bars pricey, limited service and lousy food (hot dogs, sandwiches). Pool area seemed to be kept up- no music, entertainment, games, etc. Pretty boring. When we checked out we left a similar review, advising them to change the ads indicating 5 stars. This was not--go elsewhere."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006

Very nice above average hotel

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"In late April 2006 we visited Greece with a large family group, all experienced travelers. After a brief stay in Athens, we hopped a plane to Rhodes, where we spent 6 days at the Rodos Palladium. We enjoyed it, and thought we found a pretty good deal: junior suites with an ocean view, with breakfast buffet and a good dinner for about $145 euros per night.

Located on the beach a bit north of Faliraki, the Palladium is a large 4 star hotel that seems quite suited to families and couples alike. The staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. We found the level of service to be quite good overall, with hardly any noticeable glitches The hotel is located on the east side of the island, about 30 minutes from the airport and about 25 minutes from Old Rodos and Lindos (both worth a visit or two). It has a nice pool and spa. The weather was pleasant but too chilly for swimming in the ocean, so it's hard to comment on the quality of the beach. It didn't look impressive, frankly, but is readily accessible. On the downside, the Palladium is a bit isolated, so having a rental car is essential. And, for a hotel that aspires to be le plus ultra on the island, the beds are really uncomfortable! Picky? Maybe. Anyway, overall a really nice place to stay; we would return."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Double booked,

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Having read the reviews on here, I booked for a week in June 2006 direct with the hotel, they told me they would hold the room for 2 days so I could make my travel arrangements, I confirmed my reservation the same day. The next day they email me to say they no longer have any rooms and want to put me in an alternative hotel, which I declined as I don't have any confidence in them. How can they mess people about like this, is this typical of Greek Hoteliers."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of April 2006

Brilliant Holiday

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed at here with our three children 14,11 and 9 and also their Grand parents - we all loved it.

Very quiet - but that's what we were looking for.

Hotel immaculate and clean. People very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

A lovely stroll through the gardens and you're right on a clean quiet beach which seems to only be used by this hotel.

Food was good and always found something to eat.

Rooms - spot on.

Entertainment lacked a bit - more geared for quiet drinks... at that time of year anyway I guess the summer they would make more of an effort.

Swimming pool nice and clean - but not heated so freezing in October which was a shame.

If you are a family like us, it's worth knowing that they do have junior suites and family suites which aren't in the brochure - they were very nice as we looked around them incase we returned. If you email the hotel [--] they will quote you for the extra and availability and yo pay the extra direct to them. Or look at their web site [--]"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of April 2006

Rodos Palladium

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I have stayed in the Rodos Palladium twice now and both times was totally impressed by the hotel, staff, food and rooms! My partner and myself really enjoyed its laid back atmosphere and nice surroundings. So much so were hoping to get married out there next summer.
Staff really polite and welcoming and the indoor pool is a great place to cool down from the blistering heat!!

Beach is a bit pebbley but once youre in is fine!! Bit cold in May though!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of February 2006

Excellent!!!! What more can I say

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We are regular 5* visitors around the world. What could I fault about the Palladium ... Nothing!!! Very unusual for me as there's always something thats not just quite right. The pool area is one of the very best we've ever been around and the service well... they couldn't do enough. Rooms are comfortable, clean, spacious. Food just excellent.
We have just booked to return in August 2006 and that has never happened that we ever return anywhere when the world is so vast and needs exploring."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of November 2005

Beautiful hotel

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Having had the hotel recommended to us by a couple we met in Tenerife in January, and encouraged by other user reviews, we stayed for a fortnight in September. We had never previosly been to Rhodes. We loved it. It is a five star hotel with six star staff. Ideally situated on the beach it is pleasant and relaxing. Other centres are within easy reach by reliable bus and you can take part in tours where a coach will pick you up from the hotel. The food is good and the entertainment (on a relative basis) is also good. Will we return? - Certainly!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

Hotels near Rodos Palladium

Top traveller tips for Rodos Palladium

• hammy by hammy

"the island is beautiful "

• Marg P by Marg P

"Ask for a kettle for your room if you like a cuppa first thing! "

Rodos Palladium is also called